Old 05-25-2020, 11:41 AM   #1
sekim
Human being with feelings

Default ReaMote and Waves Shell possible?

Anyone know how to use a Waves plugin over ReaMote or if its even possible?

I've tried everything I know to try and looked everywhere I know to look...btw, non Waves plugins work great over ReaMote.
sekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
sekim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekim View Post
Anyone know how to use a Waves plugin over ReaMote or if its even possible?

I've tried everything I know to try and looked everywhere I know to look...btw, non Waves plugins work great over ReaMote.
I found that if you have a licensed copy of the Waves plugin on both machines this will work. You do have to point Reaper's load plugin dialog to the remote server before loading the Waves plugin. It did not like it when I loaded it locally first and then tried to point it to the remote instance.

The bad news is that you need two licensed copies of the Waves plugin. And unlike most other companies, Waves only allows for a licensed second copy of the plugin for the first year after purchasing it. After that, if you purchase their update program it covers both product updates and the second license seat for the amount of time you pay for.

But for something like OVox which is a resource hog, this is a much cheaper solution than doing a hardware upgrade.
sekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:16 AM   #3
mschnell

There is a long standing and many time re-appearing feature request for a thing that might be called "remote subproject": allowing for just remoting audio and Midi of FX chains without remoting the configuration functionality.

(BTW.: I never found sometíng less appealing than the OVox demo video. )

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote