Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
vejichan
Human being with feelings

Default Need help with EZ bass in REAPER.. HELP

Need help developing a workflow in REAPER DAW in EZ bass with my songs. Here is an example what i am doing with ez drummer 2. I do Tap to find and feed ez drummer 2 what kind of beat i'm look at at. from there ez drummer 2 will generate some selections and i would choose the loops thats the closes to what i'm thinking then with the loop i selected, i drop that in the midi drop zone and ez drummer 2 would come up with loop options that would work for intro, verse, bridge, chorus, fills etc. After i slected those options i played them agains my song and add cympal hits if needed. Thats it done. Please check pics..Just a history on Bass, i had a bass but due to space and saving money on maintanence and restringing fees.. sold it. So prior to getting EZ bass, my options for getting bass in my songs and mix was
Pitch shift guitar - (THE EASIEST) .. all i do is play the bass notes on my guitar, pitch shift it an octave, add a bass amp sim and eq. DONE
midi bass like eurobass and loki bass.. what i do is play the bass notes on the guitar and then go to my DAW which is reaper.. use reatune and convert that audio into midi and then i have to go into the actual midi map and correct the length and repitition of the notes being played. But reatune is real good at detecting the correct notes
Those are my options for playing bass. basically i would like to develop a workflow similar to what i am doing with ez drummer and have ezbass do all the work for me .. have tried playing the bass notes on the guitar and converting the audio to midi but the notes are wrong..if anybody can offer some direction on making ezbass easier for me to work into my workflow and my songs, it would be appreciated. Really need help here. Thanks for your help. Right now it's looks like ez bass is more difficult then what i have been doing.4:02 PM

Press grid editor and you can manipulate the notes

i know but what do i do then?

i need loops that will work in my song

I don’t know how to do that. I program entire basslines for all my tracks.

Need help developing a workflow in EZ bass with my songs. Here is an example what i am doing with ez drummer 2. I do Tap to find and feed ez drummer 2 what kind of beat i'm look at at. from there ez drummer 2 will generate some selections and i would choose the loops thats the closes to what i'm thinking then with the loop i selected, i drop that in the midi drop zone and ez drummer 2 would come up with loop options that would work for intro, verse, bridge, chorus, fills etc. After i slected those options i played them agains my song and add cympal hits if needed. Thats it done. Please check pics..Just a history on Bass, i had a bass but due to space and saving money on maintanence and restringing fees.. sold it. So prior to getting EZ bass, my options for getting bass in my songs and mix was
Pitch shift guitar - (THE EASIEST) .. all i do is play the bass notes on my guitar, pitch shift it an octave, add a bass amp sim and eq. DONE
midi bass like eurobass and loki bass.. what i do is play the bass notes on the guitar and then go to my DAW which is reaper.. use reatune and convert that audio into midi and then i have to go into the actual midi map and correct the length and repitition of the notes being played. But reatune is real good at detecting the correct notes

Those are my options for playing bass. basically i would like to develop a workflow similar to what i am doing with ez drummer and have ezbass do all the work for me .. have tried playing the bass notes on the guitar and converting the audio to midi but the notes are wrong..if anybody can offer some direction on making ezbass easier for me to work into my workflow and my songs, it would be appreciated. Really need help here. Thanks for your help. Right now it's looks like ez bass is more difficult then what i have been doing..

Record your guitars with the drums first and then have EZbass create a suggested bassline. It needs to hear your project before it can do its job.

I need to correct and improve the bass in this song. ANy advice? https://soundcloud.com/davidcho-1/mybassishere-a
vejichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
Coachz

Do you have a midi keyboard?
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #3
vejichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Do you have a midi keyboard?
No. Wouldnt know what to do with one
vejichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejichan View Post
No. Wouldnt know what to do with one
They are quite good for playing midi bass lines into something like ezbass
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
DarkStar

Quote:
Smart features include the option to tap in the rhythm you want so that bass can search its library for matching grooves, and the ability to choose an existing drum or keyboard MIDI part for the bassline to follow.

You can even take an existing audio recording - one of a real bass guitar or other instrument, for example - and let EZbass convert it to MIDI.
Quote:
Have a drum or keyboard MIDI file [#] that you need a matching bassline for? Just drag and drop it in EZbass and it will automatically create a matching performance. This is extremely powerful for getting a good starting point, quick and easy.
[#] From EZDrummer?? I think I saw that in a video.

Try the latter part of the video, linked here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...?f=42&t=545908

Last edited by DarkStar; 05-26-2020 at 09:59 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote