Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #1
SonicAxiom
Human being with feelings

Default toggle 6 preferred glueing formats via actions

would be a great help to be able to set the momentarily preferred glueing format via actions instead of having to change it in the project settings. One should be able to define up to 6 preferred audio formats for glueing in the project options and then toggle between those via 6 actions (first action: "Items: set preferred audio format #1 and glue item(s)"; second action: "Items: set preferred audio format #2" and glue item(s); etc.).

I often have very low volume but very long background music (one hour) in a project and I'd like to glue the original wave file to wavpack to take up less disc space. The action mentioned above would allow me to glue selected item to one of my 6 preferred audio formats.

This new feature would also enable the user to convert the audio format of selected items "in place", an important feature that the batch processor is lacking.

Last edited by SonicAxiom; 12-14-2016 at 09:27 AM.
SonicAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
MikComposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
would be a great help to be able to set the momentarily preferred glueing format via actions instead of having to change it in the project settings. One should be able to define up to 6 preferred audio formats for glueing in the project options and then toggle between those via 6 actions (first action: "Items: set preferred audio format #1 and glue item(s)"; second action: "Items: set preferred audio format #2" and glue item(s); etc.).

I often have very low volume but very long background music (one hour) in a project and I'd like to glue the original wave file to wavpack to take up less disc space. The action mentioned above would allow me to glue selected item to one of my 6 preferred audio formats.

This new feature would also resolve the need to be able to convert the audio format of selected items "in place", an important feature that the batch processor is lacking.
In general i would be great if you could make one button tools that have several modes
Old 12-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
SonicAxiom

once the actions are provided it is easy to trigger them via menu buttons, however maybe not via a single button.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
MikComposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
once the actions are provided it is easy to trigger them via menu buttons, however maybe not via a single button.
If you could cycle actions within single button, and you could see the feedback in form of changing icon, that would be fine by me.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #5
SonicAxiom

I'd be extremely happy to get the required actions in the first place. Everything on top of that would be a nice bonus
Old 07-02-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
SonicAxiom

Bump!