Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-04-2016, 02:06 AM   #1
sqby
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper -> Softube Console 1 follow track selection assignment

Greetings,
I am using Reaper for years, love it.
Recently I have built mixing setup containing Qcon Icons.
Now the perfect, final extension for "hands on" mix would be the Softube's Console 1

But there are few flaws with the Reaper compatibility:
1. Auto track name catching -> Console 1 plugin cannot communicate with track it is on to get the track name, so the user has to input the name of track on every instance of plugin across the mix.
2. Auto track arranging - when adding the track in Reaper, and put Console 1 plugin on it, You have to manually arrange and move track numbers in Console 1 app.

and finally most important feature lacking:
3. Follow track selection (one direction).
That is one and only function that stops me from incorporating C1 to my setup.
So the console 1 would switch to the instance of the plugin which is on the track actually selected.
Softube developers point that the problems mentioned are Reaper problems, which they cannot overcome without Reaper Devs.

Now, is there any option to make this happen?

How much would it cost?

So I imagine the perfect sollution would work as follows:
I select the track using Icon (or even mouse), then instance of the C1 plugin residing on this track gets "focus" so I can use the C1 controller without looking on screen.

Is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

best!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
Win Conway

Softube, while being good developers are either lying here or just don't give a damn.
If they had contacted the Reaper developers, they would have gotten all the help they needed, third parties always do.
And the follow selected track is not just on Reaper, it is the number gripe people have with Console 1 (Google it) and Softube either have no intention of fixing it after all the complaints, or simply put they cant.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
sqby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Softube, while being good developers are either lying here or just don't give a damn.
If they had contacted the Reaper developers, they would have gotten all the help they needed, third parties always do.
And the follow selected track is not just on Reaper, it is the number gripe people have with Console 1 (Google it) and Softube either have no intention of fixing it after all the complaints, or simply put they cant.
You may or not be right, in attachement I placed the response from Softube from today.

But that is not a topic, I am looking to pay person which is somehow capable of implementing at least "follow Reaper track selection" in Console 1 (if it is possible)
Attached Images
File Type: png softube.PNG (16.3 KB, 860 views)
Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Xenakios

I don't really know anything about Console 1...Does it have an API/SDK? If it doesn't, I don't suppose there's anything that can be done by 3rd parties to fix it.

Reaper's API probably already handles all the things you asked for, though. The Softube developers might want to look at that...
Old 03-07-2016, 05:10 AM   #5
sqby

Xenakios thanks for the response, I have forwarded the link to this topic to the Softube.
Hopefully they will do something about it.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
Win Conway

There is no may or may not be right, it is simple fact everything they need can be done in Reaper already, the API/SDK is there if they had bothered to look, and they will get any support they needed from the COCKOS developers.
The person answering on the facebook page is deflecting, i suspect they are not anything to do with the developers at Softtube and just some internet marketing idiot.

Either they will come here and read this, pick up the SDK and implement it or they will just talk nonsense ala that Facebook post.
The second is most likely i am afraid.