CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #241
Bobflip
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
I know what is the problem. I can't look at it until Thursday morning for sure though...
I understand. Do you think it's something I might be able to quickly sort? Realised I have counters in there as well so people could easily reset the demo period. Am good to release now otherwise.
Bobflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #242
Bobflip

Ok, so it looks like I might have it sorted in OSX. Trying to test in Windows but my laptop's being slow right now.

I was splitting up the EncryptDecrypt functions into one for encryption and one for decryption, thinking that these needed to be tweaked a little for each stage. However it seems sorted without needing to change either. I'll update when my laptop catches up, hahah.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 AM   #243
Bobflip

So, getting somewhere but still not quite there. I was thinking that taking out the out checks from Encrypt and the in checks from Decrypt might do it, but that didn't work out. As a test I commented both of the "if (in == '\n' || in == '\r' || out == '\n' || out == '\r' || out == '\0') continue;" lines, which meant that most of the data was recalled, but I found that one test serial number was truncated still while another was recalled in its entirety. Looking at the encrypted .ini file, I can see that the last character before truncation is being encrypted as a newline character. Though I guess you already know that that causes issues!

Did you have any thoughts on how you were going to work around it that I could try out?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #244
Bobflip

Ok, sorry for the potentially nooby question, but while trying unsuccessfully to get AAX support working, I tried setting up a completely fresh WDL-Youlean, but the example projects won’t compile in Xcode, giving these implicit instantiation errors:

I’ve cleaned the project and deleted the Derived Data folder, I've changed the Architecture to Universal, and Implicitly Link Objective-C Runtime Support was already set to ‘no’, but the errors still come up. Compilation goes fine in VS2017 though.

My previous IPlug-Youlean-master folder is backed up, and the APP/AU/VST/VST3 projects compile and run as expected there, so wonder if something's broken or if I'm missing a vital step in the setup process?

Last edited by Bobflip; 01-31-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #245
olilarkin

C++ library conflict, probably want aax lib and iplug project libc++
Old 01-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #246
Bobflip

This was trying to just compile the App! I'd built the AAX libs last night as well - in fact, quite a few times while I was trying to get it going, but think I got the base SDK and deployment targets a bit muddled up so decided to start afresh, so AAX is out of the equation for now.

I already have these lines in common.xcconfig

CLANG_CXX_LANGUAGE_STANDARD = c++11
CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY = libc++
Old 01-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #247
Bobflip

It's strange, as it's a completely fresh unzip of IPlug-Youlean-master.zip I can't think how any conflicts would have arisen.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #248
olilarkin

there are two aax lib targets, check you're linking the right one
Old 01-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #249
Bobflip

This is just trying to build the APP, not the AAX. I'll bear that in mind for when I do though.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #250
Bobflip

Sorry, I just read back through the original post and it was a bit unclear. As I was having trouble with compiling AAX, I decided to go back to the beginning with an untouched iPlug and go from there, but when I opened up IPlugEffect and tried compiling as an APP I got those instantiation errors. I had been planning to compile the AAX libraries and add them to the fresh project, but it doesn't work before I get to that point - I get the same errors trying to compile the APP, AU, VST and VST3.

It's not a problem I'm experiencing with a fresh unzip of your framework btw. I have tested with your framework, by unzipping, add the necessary files to the ASIO_SDK, VST_SDK and VST3_SDK folders, change the BASE_SDK in xcconfig to 10.11 and uncomment + edit those two lines to say:

CLANG_CXX_LANGUAGE_STANDARD = c++11
CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY = libc++

and your IPlugEffect compiles fine (not tested AAX yet). But the same process with WDL-Youlean is giving those errors in the screenshot.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:22 AM   #251
Bobflip

Ok, got called away for a few days due to other stuff going on, but have just got back to it and fixed this issue. Needed to go into IControl.h and add the following lines:

Code:
#include <string>
#include <sstream>
#include <iostream>
Trying to get stuck into AAX now, but that is being problematic! Lots of linker errors beginning with std::string on both frameworks with the default IPlugEffect projects. The correct libs appear to be being linked on the project though, as the Library Search Paths field both have appropriate $(AAX_SDK)/Libs/Debug and $(AAX_SDK)/Libs/Release paths set.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:04 AM   #252
Youlean

Sorry, I have not tried to build AAX at all. My fork didn't change anything from original WDL-OL for AAX.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:50 AM   #253
Bobflip

Ah, dang... well, I'll carry on with trying to get it going in WDL-OL, and if that works out I'll then try transferring the same process to WDL-Youlean and report back.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 AM   #254
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobflip View Post
Ah, dang... well, I'll carry on with trying to get it going in WDL-OL, and if that works out I'll then try transferring the same process to WDL-Youlean and report back.
Thanks!
Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #255
Opcode 7

Question : I'm playing around with the "IPlugEffectGUIResize" example -- and the entire window turns black/gray when resizing the window in "guiScaling" mode, until the mouse dragging/resizing is completed.

Is this a known limitation, or bug, or? I love (and am trying to emulate) how the Valhalla Reveb plugins can resize in real time

p.s. Really, really awesome work! You're a god my brother!

EDIT : I'm on Windows 7, and this happens as an Application & VST 2 (32-bit and 64-bit) :

Last edited by Opcode 7; 02-04-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Opcode 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 PM   #256
Bobflip

Which OS and which formats?

Last edited by Bobflip; 02-03-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:43 AM   #257
Bobflip

Can't test it out right now, but those should resize without blanking the screen as far as I'm aware! There are troubles with resizing VST2 on OSX, but the Windows VST2 (and APP + VST3) should be fine. My plug dynamically resizes in the way you want with no issue.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:19 AM   #258
Youlean

Thanks. If you have bitmaps in it it must be black because resizing bitmaps will be very CPU consuming in real time.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:22 AM   #259
Youlean

Hey Bob, I have added a lot of a changes to my framework lately but not yet pushed it to the repo. Are you OK for me to push some possibly breaking changes? I am talking about plugin save states for vst3 and au. Though, I can add macro to handle that...
Old 02-04-2018, 05:25 AM   #260
Youlean

BTW, are you using private presets?
Old 02-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #261
Bobflip

Quote:
Hey Bob, I have added a lot of a changes to my framework lately but not yet pushed it to the repo. Are you OK for me to push some possibly breaking changes? I am talking about plugin save states for vst3 and au. Though, I can add macro to handle that...
Hi there, thanks for asking, really appreciate it! I'm working on 1.0.5 at the moment and will be pushing massively on the advertising etc after that's released, so userbase will potentially (hopefully!) go up quite a lot after that point. Therefore it's probably better I handle the changes sooner rather than later to minimise the effects.

Not sure what you mean by private presets, do you mean using my own preset saving system? If so, then no, everything is stored by the host's methods.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #262
Opcode 7

Gotcha, so bitmaps are a no-no!

Youlean -- do you have any intention to update IAutoGUI.h's GenerateSliderGUI, and GenerateKnobGUI, and their respective controls those methods use?

EDIT : I looked through the code and answered my own question on how to take a non-resizeable control, and convert it to a resizeable control -- woo!!!!

For others who are wondering, just make a copy 'scaled' version of every IRECT in the control :

Code:
  IRECT mSliderRECT, mScaledSliderRECT;
  IRECT mParamValueRECT, mScaledParamValueRECT;
  IRECT mParamNameRECT, mScaledParamNameRECT;
  IRECT mTextEntryRect, mScaledTextEntryRect;
Then replace all the old IRECTs to use the scaled IRECTS variables, and implement AfterGUIResize :

Code:
 void AfterGUIResize(double guiScaleRatio)
  {
	  mGUIScaleRatio = guiScaleRatio;

mText = IText((int)((double)defaultText.mSize * guiScaleRatio), &mText.mColor,
		  mText.mFont, mText.mStyle, mText.mAlign, mText.mOrientation,
		  mText.mQuality, &mText.mTextEntryBGColor, &mText.mTextEntryFGColor);

mScaledSliderRECT.L = int((double)mSliderRECT.L * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledSliderRECT.T = int((double)mSliderRECT.T * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledSliderRECT.R = int((double)mSliderRECT.R * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledSliderRECT.B = int((double)mSliderRECT.B * guiScaleRatio);

mScaledParamValueRECT.L = int((double)mParamValueRECT.L * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamValueRECT.T = int((double)mParamValueRECT.T * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamValueRECT.R = int((double)mParamValueRECT.R * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamValueRECT.B = int((double)mParamValueRECT.B * guiScaleRatio);

mScaledParamNameRECT.L = int((double)mParamNameRECT.L * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamNameRECT.T = int((double)mParamNameRECT.T * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamNameRECT.R = int((double)mParamNameRECT.R * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledParamNameRECT.B = int((double)mParamNameRECT.B * guiScaleRatio);

mScaledTextEntryRect.L = int((double)mTextEntryRect.L * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledTextEntryRect.T = int((double)mTextEntryRect.T * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledTextEntryRect.R = int((double)mTextEntryRect.R * guiScaleRatio);
	  mScaledTextEntryRect.B = int((double)mTextEntryRect.B * guiScaleRatio);
  }
So far so good Thank you so much for all your hard work again with this branch! This is great!

Last edited by Opcode 7; 02-04-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Opcode 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #263
Bobflip

Also, I’ve been looking into AAX. At the moment on WDL-OL I’ve only got it compiling on Windows so far, not got it right on OSX yet. Found that the WDL-Youlean examples give compilation errors when using the same library.

These are the steps I took:

Windows:

1. Opened the 2013 AAXLibrary project, allowed VS2017 to update files
2. Changed the AAXLibrary projects to 'treat warnings as errors' and set the /MT flag
3. Batch build all targets of AAXLibrary

At this point example AAX projects in WDL-OL compile. Not tested in Protools yet though!

4. Copy AAX_SDK folder from WDL-OL into IPlug-Youlean-master, and drag the AAX libraries into the example project(s)

Building example WDL-Youlean AAX projects now give these errors:

Old 02-04-2018, 03:11 PM   #264
Bobflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opcode 7 View Post
Earlier on in this thread, Bob had mentioned that he made some updates in "IAutoGUI.h" -- like renaming "mRECT" to "mDrawRECT" -- what's the point of that, is it required? What else?
Don't worry about that, that was from an update Youlean made to his framework where the naming of a few bits was changed. All mRECT should be mDrawRECT already.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #265
Bobflip

Opcode - good you've got it going! Not sure that's the most efficient way - AfterGUIResize is more for an individual control's resizing, and the overall resizing I handle with SetGUILayout. You add SetGUILayout to MyPlug.h and put code in there to resize your controls. It will automatically be called while dragging the resize handle. It's a bit like this:

Code:
void MyPlug::SetGUILayout(int viewMode, double resizedWindowWidth, double resizedWindowHeight) 
{
            GetGUIResize()->MoveControlRightEdge(*mScaledSlider, resizedWindowWidth - 10);
            GetGUIResize()->MoveControlBottomEdge(*mScaledSlider, resizedWaveDisplayBottom-10);
}
But if you look at IPlugGUIResize.cpp, there's loads of extra methods in there for dynamically sizing controls. Hope that helps! :-)
Old 02-05-2018, 03:52 AM   #266
Youlean

@Opcode - this is a great news that you made it work!

@Bobflip - You need to include IPlugGUIResize.cpp in your project!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #267
Youlean

Quote:
Hi there, thanks for asking, really appreciate it! I'm working on 1.0.5 at the moment and will be pushing massively on the advertising etc after that's released, so userbase will potentially (hopefully!) go up quite a lot after that point. Therefore it's probably better I handle the changes sooner rather than later to minimise the effects.

Not sure what you mean by private presets, do you mean using my own preset saving system? If so, then no, everything is stored by the host's methods.
Sorry, I have meant private parameters. OK then, I will push changes! I will write how to upgrade later...
Old 02-05-2018, 04:00 AM   #268
Youlean

BTW, not sure what to do with this fork since a new IPlug is coming from Oli and it would make more sense that everybody uses same framework. We will see, but I need to release a new version of my plugin and I will use mine fork...
Old 02-05-2018, 04:04 AM   #269
Bobflip

Quote:
@Opcode - this is a great news that you made it work!

@Bobflip - You need to include IPlugGUIResize.cpp in your project!
Oops, yes good spot... I looked at my code that's had that it included for months and forgot about the process to get it there.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:10 AM   #270
Bobflip

I am indeed using private parameters, will those still be OK? I can get going on the new fork today.

As for what to do with it in the future, I agree that having just one framework would make more sense in a number of ways. Personally I can't migrate until resizing and Cairo are implemented as they're both integral to my plug, so until then I'll continue using yours!
Old 02-05-2018, 04:13 AM   #271
Youlean

Quote:
I am indeed using private parameters, will those still be OK? I can get going on the new fork today.

As for what to do with it in the future, I agree that having just one framework would make more sense in a number of ways. Personally I can't migrate until resizing and Cairo are implemented as they're both integral to my plug, so until then I'll continue using yours!
Yes, Private parameters will be OK, but it might break save states. I am not yet sure if everything works OK with private parameters, but it seems that I have fixed it out so they are actually private.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:30 AM   #272
Bobflip

OK, well save states won't be too much of a problem at this point (not enough customers yet!), but when the userbase grows I guess a similar problem may arise from a switch to a unified/different framework?
Old 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM   #273
Youlean

Quote:
OK, well save states won't be too much of a problem at this point (not enough customers yet!), but when the userbase grows I guess a similar problem may arise from a switch to a unified/different framework?
Yes! We will see though...

Anyways, I have pushed the changes in the repo. Please look at the commits for an explanation how to upgrade.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:43 AM   #274
Bobflip

Erk! Well, will see at the time. I have version number stored in the preset so may be able to make some kind of internal preset converter when the time comes.

Saw the updates just now, amazing! Thanks again for all the hard work. Will get on with testing it and updating my plug today onwards.

I'm actually glad I didn't get my update pushed last week now, haha!
Old 02-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #275
Youlean

Quote:
Erk! Well, will see at the time. I have version number stored in the preset so may be able to make some kind of internal preset converter when the time comes.

Saw the updates just now, amazing! Thanks again for all the hard work. Will get on with testing it and updating my plug today onwards.

I'm actually glad I didn't get my update pushed last week now, haha!
Well, version number won't help you, unfortunately. There are a lot of changes with parameters because of private parameters.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:01 AM   #276
Bobflip

Damn. Oh well, will see at the time I guess!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #277
Bobflip

Ok, so I've set it up and upgraded to the 3.6.8 VST SDK. Spotted that there's duplicate projects of IPlugEffectGUILiveEdit and IPlugEffectGUIResize in the examples folder.

Currently testing with OSX, not booted into Windows yet. App and AU and VST2 of the examples compile and run well. VST3 gives errors on IPlugVST3.h saying "Only virtual members can be marked 'override'"

VST2 resizing appears to work great in OSX now! I've tested my plugin, and while there's going to be a bit of work needed to get it doing things again, the resizing worked straight off without any tweaks needed... good work!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #278
Bobflip

Argh, wait... I've just spotted the 'Base SDK should be latest' update. I'm using El Capitan for development rather than Sierra. Will that be an issue?
Old 02-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #279
Youlean

That is strange. I can build it normally...

Can you try cleaning the solution first? Also, pull latest changes...
Old 02-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #280
Bobflip

Cleaned the solution, but the errors were the same, so redownloaded the 3.6.8 SDK, and got this instead:

Turns out I have the 10.12 on my system already.

Also, I didn't finish setting GIT up so just download the new frameworks as a zip and copy files in rather than pull the new versions. I've downloaded the latest commit (7c59ec1) which changes IPlugVST3.cpp.

Also, did you have a go at compiling AAX at all?