Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #1121
Marah Mag
Human being with feelings

Cool. Thanks Tim.

btw my cats say hi 2 your cat & thanks 4 the indispensable extensions!
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #1122
Subz

Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 4.0.2.4, time stamp: 0x4e61364d
Faulting module name: reaper_sws.dll, version: 2.1.0.7, time stamp: 0x4e61729f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0008641e
Faulting process id: 0x13b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6a5dd3164a2f
Faulting application path: E:\REAPER4\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: E:\REAPER4\Plugins\reaper_sws.dll
Report Id: ad6f504e-d654-11e0-a729-005056c00008

after a undo of mouse drag copy clips down that create a new track

Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #1123
tweed

Default Track Templates DEPRECATED ???!!!

Can someone clue me into whether I've got this right...

Track Templates have [deprecated] beside them in the actions available list.

What is the replacement for track templates?

Hoping I've totally been out of the loop and there's some new or brilliant solution. The whole live feature with 8 patches and a bunch of controllers won't do it I i thought hence using track templates.

IS there something else now other than track templates that does the same thing only better? Are track templates NOT deprecated? I've missed something about that?

UPDATE: uhhh, sws/Jeffos ROCK !!! see-below for awesome answerings!

Last edited by tweed; 09-06-2011 at 10:25 AM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #1124
daxliniere

So, Samplitude has a function where you select an item, press CTRL+Space and it will audition that item (or selection of items), even if the item and/or track are muted and even other tracks are solo'd.

I have tried to recreate this, but have run into problems.
Any help would be appreciated here.

Goal: a function to audition an item (even if item and/or track is muted) by floating the mousecursor over it and executing the function.
If you have multiple tracks selected, track selection will be restored after audition ends.

The problems:
1) For some reason "Item properties: Unmute" (line 7) doesn't work in this script,
2) For some reason "Track: solo tracks" (line 8) also doesn't work.
(I have a feature request that would help to find the problem: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=87317)

Other than this this script should fine unless the source track is muted. This can be unmuted easily, but it can't be restored to its previous state.
We need "Save selected track(s) states" and "Restore selected track(s) states" (lines 3 & 14)

(Custom Action script is attached below, bound to CTRL+space)

=========script===========
1) SWS: Save current track selection

2) Track: Select all tracks ///preparation for next 3 actions
3) <Save selected track(s) states> ///NEW ACTION REQUIRED
4) SWS: Save selected track(s) items' states
5) Track: Unsolo tracks ///disables any track solo that may exist

6) Track: Select track under mouse ///preparation for next 2 actions
7) Track: Unmute tracks ///defeat track muting for item to audition
8) Track: Solo tracks ///solos track of item to audition

9) Item: Select item under mouse cursor ///preparation for next 3 actions
10) Item properties: Unmute ///defeat item muting that may exist
11) Xen/SWS: Play selected items once
12) Track: unsolo tracks ///disable solo on audition track

13) Track: Select all tracks ///preparation for next 2 actions
14) <Restore selected track(s) states> ///NEW ACTION REQUIRED
15) SWS: Restore selected track(s) items' states

16) SWS: Restore saved track selection
==========================

Last edited by daxliniere; 05-24-2019 at 12:51 PM.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #1125
PitchSlap

I just got a crash with from the SWS .dll (v2.1.0 #7 Win64) undoing a project tempo change.

I meant to post the crash log, but unfortunately copied over the info in the clipboard.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #1126
sws
Code Monkey

Sorry about the crashing, guys. Posted v2.1.0 #8. Please note the versions labeled "Prerelease" are less tested and may have bugs including crashing. The main release ("featured") has been around for a long time is recommended for serious work as it's more stable.

Tim
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #1127
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
Are track templates NOT deprecated? I've missed something about that?
Hehe Track templates are not going away, just those particular actions for loading them. The preferred actions are now "Apply track template to selected tracks, slot XX". You fill the slots from Extensions->Resources. (No need to name them with numbers) You can add more slots by editing your S&M.ini file in the Reaper resources dir and changing S&M_APPLY_TRTEMPLATE to a higher #.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1128
sws
Code Monkey

Dax, have you tried the "Preview" set of actions? You could make a macro "save sel items"/"sel item under mouse cursor"/"preview sel item"/"restore sel items".
Old 09-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #1129
daxliniere

Hi Veto,
Firstly, thanks for your reply.

>for "debugging" macros i can recommend:
Action: Prompt to continue (only valid within custom actions)

Excellent thinking.

>SWS: Save selected track(s) mutes (+receives, children)
is maybe what you search for to save track mute states

Yes, but there's nothing for solo, unfortunately.

>So i suspect Item properties: Unmute and Track: Solo tracks do their job but gets immediately muted/unsoled again.
(maybe one of the "wait..." actions, another prompt box, or setting an action marker at the end of the item which gets removed after is a way to trigger the last 4 actions after the item has played)

Yes, you're right. I guess we need functionality to be added to REAPER that would report once a function has been completed or interrupted.
In this particular scenario, there could be a "pause until action completes" placed after "Xen/SWS: Play selected items once".

I found a similar FR tracker here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=3486
Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #1130
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Dax, have you tried the "Preview" set of actions? You could make a macro "save sel items"/"sel item under mouse cursor"/"preview sel item"/"restore sel items".
Hi Tim,
Thanks, I just tired those. There are 2 problems though;
1) It doesn't play it through track processing, it's a media library audition.
2) Since it's 'disconnected' from the arrange window, it can play simultaneously with audio from the arrange window. You also have to stop it with the same key combo, not just by pressing SPACE.

So with Veto's suggestions, I have rewritten my custom action and I'm 90% happy with the outcome.

Problems:

*Currently it cannot restore track(s) solo states.

*Even though there is a Transport: Stop action before the "Track: Unsolo tracks" command, you still hear a little burst of audio from the other tracks. I tried to fix it with the 'wait 0.1 sec' action, but it was still happening. Just when I was about to wonder how hard it would be to code an action for 'wait 0.2 sec', I realised I could just 'stack' 2 of them. Job done!

*To give a more obvious visual cue to the Prompt to continue dialogbox, I had to change the name of the action to something not very obvious (Abort audition playback).
It would be nice to show a custom message.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
Tim, I'm heading for the donation button.

Take care,
Dax.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #1131
Jeffos
Mortal

Sorry about the undo crashes guys, my fault!

As Tim said this is the risk with bleeding edge pre-release builds... but, on the other hand, it's great to have some of you testing those, thank you! It would be just great to report issues in the SWS tracker instead (easier for us): http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list !
Quote:
Hoping I've totally been out of the loop and there's some new or brilliant solution. The whole live feature with 8 patches and a bunch of controllers won't do it I i thought hence using track templates.
The Live Config doesn't offer 8 patches but 8*128 = 1024 (up to 128 per controler or even 1024 per controler with tweaking). There are 8 configs (not "patches") so that 8 controlers and/or musicians can use it at the same time. Also, I don't understand: you can use track templates with it!

If something isn't clear, do not hesitate to ask tweed..

[EDIT] BTW, I'm gonna update the Live Configs soon (will be closer to the version my band uses )

Last edited by Jeffos; 09-05-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: pucnh-in
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #1132
Sound asleep

maybe someone else has a solution here, but i find it really annoying when i have multiple takes, and then i want to make a cut somewhere, and i go to move my edit cursor to where i want to cut, and then i end up selecting a new take, and i forget wher my original take was. very annoying. so now with new mouse modifiers i want to fix it, by having my ctrl left click move my edit cursor without selecting anything.

so, i went to choose action, "view:move edit cursor to mouse cursor" thinking i would get this from it, and then i discovered it is still selecting takes.

is there a way i could get the functionality i want? or do we need a new action for this sort of behaviour?

it also doesn't obey snapping,which for my uses i would need. but i have a feeling that might be able to be resolved with a custom action? idk.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 09-05-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #1133
PitchSlap

I've never got a crash from the SWS dll before but in the last couple days since updating to the most recent build (#7) I've gotten two fatal crashes, both when undoing something unrelated to SWS functionality.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	reaper.exe
  Application Version:	4.0.2.4
  Application Timestamp:	4e6135d2
  Fault Module Name:	reaper_sws64.dll
  Fault Module Version:	2.1.0.7
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4e61725a
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00000000000b0403
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	a129
  Additional Information 2:	a129e740cb7fa6efd59092a142cdb41e
  Additional Information 3:	ce75
  Additional Information 4:	ce75362a351b7f859cd89145cb361f96
I just noticed an update (build #8) so I'll see if that resolves things.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #1134
Subz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I've never got a crash from the SWS dll before but in the last couple days since updating to the most recent build (#7) I've gotten two fatal crashes, both when undoing something unrelated to SWS functionality.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	reaper.exe
  Application Version:	4.0.2.4
  Application Timestamp:	4e6135d2
  Fault Module Name:	reaper_sws64.dll
  Fault Module Version:	2.1.0.7
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4e61725a
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00000000000b0403
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	a129
  Additional Information 2:	a129e740cb7fa6efd59092a142cdb41e
  Additional Information 3:	ce75
  Additional Information 4:	ce75362a351b7f859cd89145cb361f96
I just noticed an update (build #8) so I'll see if that resolves things.
#8 fixed this AFAIK
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #1135
tweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Hehe Track templates are not going away, just those particular actions for loading them. The preferred actions are now "Apply track template to selected tracks, slot XX". You fill the slots from Extensions->Resources. (No need to name them with numbers) You can add more slots by editing your S&M.ini file in the Reaper resources dir and changing S&M_APPLY_TRTEMPLATE to a higher #.
Hehe indeed. ... And, I was certain there'd be magic I'd missed.
Assumed: when i figure it out there's a simpler more powerful way other than the long way (happily!) i was creating 99 track templates.

So yeah, I'm/was enjoying being slack on terminology in my posts this week. That's somewhat of an apology for not having the mind lately to be as concise/accurate as possible. I'm say: woohoo! looking forward to figuring out AND using!!! MEGA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos
Quote:
The Live Config doesn't offer 8 patches but 8*128 = 1024 (up to 128 per controler or even 1024 per controler with tweaking). There are 8 configs (not "patches") so that 8 controlers and/or musicians can use it at the same time. Also, I don't understand: you can use track templates with it!

If something isn't clear, do not hesitate to ask tweed..

[EDIT] BTW, I'm gonna update the Live Configs soon (will be closer to the version my band uses )
YES JEFFOS !!! I enjoyed being un-OCD as in, slack... though i knew for sure i had the term wrong on the brilliant feature (Live Config-controllers) ... I will eventually get it and very much expect to be able to realize your comment about using Track Templates with Live Config as a practical break-through.

HUGE THANKS and really really, really keen to hear about updates to Live Config and the rest!!!

ok, totally bugeyed looking forward to later today to go for understanding and using.

thanks sws, thanks Jeffos

Last edited by tweed; 10-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #1136
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veto View Post
Dax, in addition some things that came to my mind a bit late:

1. i think the best "wait"-action atm is a cycle action (the one nofish mentioned in your thread). Put actions 1-11 in the first cycle & 12-16 in the second. With that you could trigger the action on and off with the same shortcut instead of confirming the message box.

2. to save solo states too you could maybe also try some of the snapshot actions

cheers
V
Hey Veto,
Excellent thinking, I like that. I might end up modifying the script since in actual use it doesn't work the same as the Samplitude function (which is a bit better)
In Samp, if you run the audition action, it will play the selected item(s) from the start, however, if you have the play cursor over the item, it will audition the item from that point. Very handy.
I don't think it's possible to do this with custom actions alone, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
maybe someone else has a solution here, but i find it really annoying when i have multiple takes, and then i want to make a cut somewhere, and i go to move my edit cursor to where i want to cut, and then i end up selecting a new take
Yes, I was experiencing a similar problem in session yesterday. I know there is an option somewhere in REAPER for this; when you click an item, it doesn't move the edit cursor, but if you click in a blank space (i.e. not an item ), it will move the cursor.
I looked for it yesterday to no avail
Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #1137
G-Sun

Tried putting a couple of custom actions in the cycle-thing. It didn't accept it. Doesn't it work that way?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #1138
airon

I've got the following need.

I want to see all volume envelopes on all tracks. Given that Reaper has limited visual management of envelopes exposed via keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons form the get-go, I need to reconstruct the most-used stuff from Protools.

My most used shortcut is show/hide volume envelopes on all tracks, "-" being the shortcut. This is a function that does more than simply toggle a visible state of the current track. Combined with the modifier ALT it does the following :

If no volume envelopes are visible, show volume envelopes on all tracks (and not on extra lanes only or every-fucking-thing on one track at once, thank you so very much).

If one or more volume envelopes are showing, show volume envelopes on all tracks.

If volume envelopes are showing on all tracks, hide all.

I tried to do this with Reaper actions and completely failed.

So, here's a request for an intelligent toggle action :

If no volume envelopes are visible, show volume envelopes on all tracks.

If one or more volume envelopes are showing, show volume envelopes on all tracks.

If volume envelopes are showing on all tracks, hide all.
I suppose it's not yet possible to put volume envelopes on the actual tracks and not in lanes, if the show-stuff-in-lanes preference is selected, something that defintely needs addressing.

Entered in the issue tracker of the extension.

Last edited by airon; 09-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #1139
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey Veto,
Excellent thinking, I like that. I might end up modifying the script since in actual use it doesn't work the same as the Samplitude function (which is a bit better)
In Samp, if you run the audition action, it will play the selected item(s) from the start, however, if you have the play cursor over the item, it will audition the item from that point. Very handy.
I don't think it's possible to do this with custom actions alone, though.

Yes, I was experiencing a similar problem in session yesterday. I know there is an option somewhere in REAPER for this; when you click an item, it doesn't move the edit cursor, but if you click in a blank space (i.e. not an item ), it will move the cursor.
I looked for it yesterday to no avail
i found that one, there is a select item and don't move edit cursor action. i think it is a standard one for mosue modifications in reaper 4, i may be wrong about that, but definitely i found it in other actions.

the downside, is that i sometimes want to move my edit cursor by clicking on an item, and i have not found, move cursor but don't select item. there's an action that seems advertised to do that, i forget the wording exactly, but it doesn't function that way, which was disappointing to me.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #1140
daxliniere

Hi Airon,
I think I can help you out with that. Let me take a look at it today, I have an idea for a similar implementation that could be almost as efficient, ergonomically speaking.

Cheers,
Dax
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #1141
daxliniere

Hey Airon,
I tried and got up to a certain point, perhaps Tim or Jeffos could add another couple functions.

I tried this first:
SWS: Save current track selection
Track: Select all tracks
Track: Toggle track volume envelope visible
SWS: Restore saved track selection

But it's not quite what you want. Using a cycle action will be the solution but relies on an extra couple actions;

Cycle 1
<<<SWS: Set track volume envelope visible>>>

Cycle 2
<<<SWS: Set track volume envelope hidden>>>

Hope that helps, Airon.

All the best,
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #1142
airon

Thanks, I'll try that.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #1143
daxliniere

I don't think you'll like it in its current state.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #1144
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veto View Post
Hmmm working good here with 2.1.0 #9 G-Sun.
Ok, I'll try some more. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #1145
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
I know there is an option somewhere in REAPER for this; when you click an item, it doesn't move the edit cursor, but if you click in a blank space (i.e. not an item ), it will move the cursor
Ahaa! I found it.
Go to Preferences-> Editing Behaviour-> Mouse Modifiers-> Media Item-> Left click-> Default Action: SET THIS TO 'Select item' instead of 'Select item and move edit cursor'

This works MUCH better for lane/takes editing & auditioning.

Hope that helps someone.

All the best,
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #1146
XITE-1/4LIVE

Now I can fill in my Custom Toolbars instead of leaving blanks for clicking without moving the cursor..........

Ankyu..
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #1147
daxliniere

No worries, Chimuelo!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #1148
G-Sun

Just an thank you for the RMS-function!
Really useful for shootouts
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #1149
faun2500

Default SWS - Resources question.

I used to have SWS extensions 'Resources' open in the docker and on the 'fx chain' page so I could just drag and drop fx chains into tracks.

I moved the fx chain to organise them better into folders (eq, comp, console etc..).

Since then, I can no longer add fx chains from the 'resources' page and clicking on them in the list says 'file not found'. I understand this is because I moved them but how do I reset the location of my chains?

Thanks for any help.

(I had to delete all the fx chains and re-import them to the folder, not good but a work around)

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs

Last edited by faun2500; 09-13-2011 at 02:08 AM.
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #1150
Jeffos
Mortal

faun2500, context menu > "Auto-fill from resource path" will do the job for you (I hope you didn't re-insert fx chains you moved one by one!).
Rmk: "Auto-fill from project path" and "Auto-fill from custom path" are coming soon (Issue 373)
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #1151
faun2500

Thanks very much.

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #1152
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzqqqq View Post
spam quoted
WTF??

Edit: Now I know how to report the spam crap.

Last edited by richie43; 09-14-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spam
richie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #1153
sws
Code Monkey

Spam. When you see this just click the little warning of the icon next to the post to report it and a mod will come around and delete it.

Btw, v2.1.0 #10 is available for testing
Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #1154
gwok

ah ya! lovin the resource tweaks! The auto0fill is working great and the bugs are gonzo.

so checking a little more into the saving track templates behaviour, in the tracker i only mentioned the track save behaviour in regards to folders. THough realizing now, the native "save track template" will sort of auto-nest ANY selection into a single file. I thought it was only folder related, but realizing this, I wanted to mention it also, as it relates to more then just folders, but general (save track template) behaviour.

just some thoughts. the resources is working out to be one hella cool thing!
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #1155
gwok

ah resources auto-save is rockin! good shit!
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #1156
Sound asleep

Default sws request

action to select next take as active, both up and down. also, not sure if sws can do this, but have the select next/previous adjacent item, not cause no item to be selected if you run off the edge, but rather just have the last item remain selected.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #1157
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
action to select next take as active, both up and down.
If I understand what you are asking for correctly, the letter T (and SHIFT+T) should do this.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #1158
Coachz

Default Toggle armed tracks keyboard shortcut

Hi, is there a way to toggle armed tracks from a keyboard shortcut ? SWS Toolbar Arm Toggle doesn't work with a shortcut key. Thanks so much. This will give me a quick key to stop mic feedback !

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 AM   #1159
Reaperto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Hi, is there a way to toggle armed tracks from a keyboard shortcut ? SWS Toolbar Arm Toggle doesn't work with a shortcut key.
"Track: Toggle record arming for current (last touched) track" is working here.
Delete previous shortcut (MediaKeyboard...) and assign a new.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #1160
Coachz

I'm trying to toggle all record enabled tracks off and then be able to toggle them back on.

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote