cryptomail
Human being with feelings

Default Shup Bug Reports

This is where you post bugs for SHUP!.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator

hmm, is it me, or does shup appear on startup? I'd like it to auto-minimize-to-tray...
Old 02-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Jae.Thomas

stays in startup tray for me...
Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
cryptomail

Default interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmm, is it me, or does shup appear on startup? I'd like it to auto-minimize-to-tray...
for me, it blinks on startup, but then does in fact minimize!
ODD!
So...you're saying it's stuck maximized?
Lemme look at the code and see how/why that could fail.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Riff

Default Is it only me?

I remember a time when I could right-click a file and choose "Upload to stashbox". Now I have to do that all the way from the systray icon and then find the file I want to upload.

I miss that , is it coming back?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
Nithya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post
I remember a time when I could right-click a file and choose "Upload to stashbox". Now I have to do that all the way from the systray icon and then find the file I want to upload.

I miss that , is it coming back?
Umm it already is back.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
TIAZAC_diltiazem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomail View Post
This is where you post bugs for SHUP!.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
i dunno if you would call it a bug, but im ignorant as to where my files go when i up load them to stash box after a session of painting all over the screen, i see no file on stashbox.org, granted i dont look to hard either, but i dont see it there. Is it there? where is it? where did it go?

also when i right click and upload files with stashbox, i cant locate them either, yeah you could call it frustrating, thats a safe assumption...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Dan
up here in my tree

if you want your files to show up on stashbox.org, you have to enable that option in the stashbox upload plugin settings. if you do that, they will show up on the site.

otherwise, when a file (or image) is uploaded, the URL is placed into your clipboard so you can just paste it wherever you want. you can also look at your history of shupped files in the history tab
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
TIAZAC_diltiazem

uhm, so i cant find this:1 test thing on stashbox.

do the dotpng files go to stashbox somewhere? or is it just a waste of space to show them under stashbox uploads since the link is copied to my clipboard and the urls are all recorded on my shup history?

i got the right click upload to stashbox working though, thanks for that, and thanks for taking the time to answer

1[https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/17772/1...53147-mIRC.png
2[https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/17774/1...la-Firefox.png
i dont know why i included links
Old 04-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
TIAZAC_diltiazem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIAZAC_diltiazem View Post
uhm, so i cant find this:1 test thing on stashbox.

do the dotpng files go to stashbox somewhere? or is it just a waste of space to show them under stashbox uploads since the link is copied to my clipboard and the urls are all recorded on my shup history?

i got the right click upload to stashbox working though, thanks for that, and thanks for taking the time to answer

1[https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/17772/1...53147-mIRC.png
2[https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/17774/1...la-Firefox.png
i dont know why i included links
okay so it turns out all i have to do is remember to choose where i want to upload my files too each time, i was a little obtuse on that one.

adding a deafult uploading service option would be a cool thing for users, as long as it was nice and easy to change defaults,also being able to easily upload to a different source without changing your default might be important.

Last edited by TIAZAC_diltiazem; 04-17-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
TIAZAC_diltiazem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIAZAC_diltiazem View Post
okay so it turns out all i have to do is remember to choose where i want to upload my files too each time, i was a little obtuse on that one.

adding a deafult uploading service option would be a cool thing for users, as long as it was nice and easy to change defaults,also being able to easily upload to a different source without changing your default might be important.
no, its doing it again. I fail
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #12
TIAZAC_diltiazem

okay so im the guy that uploaded these
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/18780/1...ase_1M.mp4.png

pics to shup

im watching a video from a confrence talk, and trying to get silly faces from the sign language guy, after doing this repeatedly shup could no longer capture bitmaps....why?

closing and reopening works but.. yeah... also im using the .11 version
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
Dan
up here in my tree

update to 0.12!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
Nithya

Some of my settings get lost when I restart shup. So far I've noticed this happen to the Show Preview Window option and the setting to make stashbox uploads public. Also, I lost all the custom colours that I'd saved.

Can you fix this please?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 AM   #15
Leif

Default Running from a USB stick

When I run Shup from my USB stick the dump does not get saved on the stick. Instead I just get an error message. If I change the path to e.g. My Desktop it works OK, though. But I want to save the piccy on my stick, of course.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
When I run Shup from my USB stick the dump does not get saved on the stick. Instead I just get an error message. If I change the path to e.g. My Desktop it works OK, though. But I want to save the piccy on my stick, of course.
I will look into it and see what the problem is.

Thanks for the bug report!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #17
cryptomail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I will look into it and see what the problem is.

Thanks for the bug report!
I can't seem to reproduce the problem!
However, I can see that it's QUITE PAINFUL
Shup employs a local database file, and whenever one uploads links or snapshots from SHUP, those links go into the database.
Furthermore, when one opens SHUP, shup initializes itself by going through the database, and populating the SHUP history grid.
On a memory stick, depending on your bandwidth, this really can be quite stupidly slow.
I happen to have one that yields SHUP quite annoying.
However, maybe some of the newer ones have better read/write response times.

There is nothing in SHUP that I know of, that will cause a timeout of some sort. Exactly what is the error?
Can we have a screenshot of the error panel, indicating from what (sub)system this error comes from?

Thanks, and happy shupping!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Nithya

I couldn't reproduce this bug either. Shup works fine with my USB stick and saves images in the stick like it should. However, if I change the drive letter for my memory stick, it crashes as I'd expect. Changing back to the original drive letter makes everything alright though.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #19
cryptomail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithya View Post
I couldn't reproduce this bug either. Shup works fine with my USB stick and saves images in the stick like it should. However, if I change the drive letter for my memory stick, it crashes as I'd expect. Changing back to the original drive letter makes everything alright though.
Hi Nithya!
Are you changing the drive mid-operation, while it's still running/idle or are you changing it posthumously, and then restarting it?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #20
Nithya

Nope, not changing it mid-operation. Stopping, changing and restarting.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #21
Dan
up here in my tree

i guess we should track the drive letter shup starts from, if it's different than the last run's drive letter, reset the archive to ./archive/ ?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
cryptomail

Default shields are up!

Quote:
i guess we should track the drive letter shup starts from, if it's different than the last run's drive letter, reset the archive to ./archive/ ?
We now record what the last drive letter was.
If that's different than the old archive directory recorded, then we reset the archive directory to dot relative the exe.

Look for this in .14
Thanks for your feedback, and please help us test and confirm we squished it!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #23
Nithya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomail View Post
We now record what the last drive letter was.
If that's different than the old archive directory recorded, then we reset the archive directory to dot relative the exe.

Look for this in .14
Thanks for your feedback, and please help us test and confirm we squished it!
Squish confirmed!

Shell ext bug: When you use right click, open in shup feature (which is good idea, btw), the shup main window also pops up in addition to the image editor. Kinda annoying. Can you get rid of that?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #24
Nithya

Default More bugs, yay!

Nevermind.

Last edited by Nithya; 09-14-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
Old 09-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #25
cryptomail

Default squishy squishy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithya View Post
Squish confirmed!

Shell ext bug: When you use right click, open in shup feature (which is good idea, btw), the shup main window also pops up in addition to the image editor. Kinda annoying. Can you get rid of that?
Just whacked that part of the code that was doing this.
Thank you for finding it, and look for this fix in the next rev.
--cryptomail
Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #26
vulekeva

Is it just me or when you upload 2 files at same time, progress bar is blinking weird, and once one of those is finished uploading there is no progress bar(blue bar) for the other one still being uploaded ... the speed is shown grayed where the progress bar should have been.

Its the pain in the back when you upload something bigger(slower connection ppl) and you don't know when its going to be finished so you can shut down your computer. (some kind of timer would be nice if there is no progress bar)

Dont know if there is a "cancel button" when you start uploading ... if there is it would be nice to place it where you can find it easily.

Cheers
Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #27
Alex Stone

Default Greyed out in Vista64.

A quick question chaps about Shup and Vista 64. I can upload images ok, but the file upload option is greyed out.

Is this intentional, or do i have to do something else to get it working?

Alex.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulekeva View Post
Is it just me or when you upload 2 files at same time, progress bar is blinking weird, and once one of those is finished uploading there is no progress bar(blue bar) for the other one still being uploaded ... the speed is shown grayed where the progress bar should have been.

Its the pain in the back when you upload something bigger(slower connection ppl) and you don't know when its going to be finished so you can shut down your computer. (some kind of timer would be nice if there is no progress bar)

Dont know if there is a "cancel button" when you start uploading ... if there is it would be nice to place it where you can find it easily.

Cheers
The UI is really only built for one upload at a time. I think it's probably time to make it support multiple uploads, though. Good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Stone View Post
A quick question chaps about Shup and Vista 64. I can upload images ok, but the file upload option is greyed out.

Is this intentional, or do i have to do something else to get it working?

Alex.
There are known problems (aka it doesn't work) with the shell extension and 64bit versions of Windows. We will look into this further and hopefully have it fixed in the next release or two of Shup.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Nithya

Not sure if this counts as a bug report, but I'm going to put it here anyway.

Can you make getting the default skins optional in the installer? It's pretty annoying when my customized versions of the default skins get overwritten when I install a newer release of shup. Also, there are too many default skins, and once a user decides they like only a couple of them and decide to keep those and delete the rest, it's no fun when the installer puts all the old skins back again.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #30
drizdik

Default Custom upload not working

Trying t get custom upload script working but it uploads and saves the file on server but sais "Error uploading"
The outcome XML from script is correct.
Shup 0.20 WXP SP2
Have considered going opensource ?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #31
Dan
up here in my tree

can you point me to the upload url? i'll aim shup at it and send a small jpeg to see what happens.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #32
Alex Stone

Dan, after a hiccup at install, a reboot and crossed fingers, the latest Shup works in Linux (Ubuntustudio Gutsy 7.10), with everything going ok except capture screenshot (not surprising when shup has to run inside Wine.)

Nice work Chaps!

Alex.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #33
Dan
up here in my tree

Awesome, Alex! I wonder if we can find a way to hack Shup so that capture works in Linux, too....
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 AM   #34
Alex Stone

Quote:
Awesome, Alex! I wonder if we can find a way to hack Shup so that capture works in Linux, too....
I live in hope.....

Perhaps one day you chaps will take a look at building a native version of Shup for linux!
(This is not a hint. No it isn't. Not really...erm....)

Alex.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
jakerock

Hey.... thanks for shup!
Just wanted to report... with the two latest versions 0.22 / 0.21 (the only ones I have used)

When windows boots, it often reports that there was a problem with Shup and the program had to be terminated...
But... It is still there running in the tray.

And often (75% of the time) when I capture the desktop, the upload status bar goes right to 99.99999% and hangs...
I have to force it to shut down...
If I dont shut Shup down my brute force, my other net apps... (Firefox & Smart FTP) seem to have a bandwidth bottleneck.
I have seen this behavior on two of my machines...
Toshiba Sattelite 2435 R255 and a Dell Inspiron 5150.

Anyway, I love Shup... looking forward to doing what is necessary to make it work right on my machines...

Oh... maybe this has been discussed, let me apologize in advance... Would be great if you could capture / edit locally and THEN upload... It feels wasteful to have to upload two images stashbox to for every one you want to edit / link...
Please straighten me out if I am overlooking something!

Thank you very much
Old 03-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #36
abu

Shup seems to be unable to upload an image that starts with "wiki" to stashbox. I uploaded one called "wikipedia_org.png" and it did not work (seemed to work, no error message, but the stashbox server gives a 500 error if you want to access the URL). Renaming it to wik1.png and it worked fine.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/31741/wikipedia_org.png
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/31746/wik1.png

Uploading the same file with the wiki* name from stashbox's web interface went fine.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #37
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu View Post
Shup seems to be unable to upload an image that starts with "wiki" to stashbox. I uploaded one called "wikipedia_org.png" and it did not work (seemed to work, no error message, but the stashbox server gives a 500 error if you want to access the URL). Renaming it to wik1.png and it worked fine.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/31741/wikipedia_org.png
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/31746/wik1.png

Uploading the same file with the wiki* name from stashbox's web interface went fine.
i think i've fixed it! how does that work?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #38
abu

Smile

Quote:
i think i've fixed it! how does that work?
Great! So that wasn't a shup issue, but a server thing. All the previously uploaded stuff works now. Sorry for cluttering your server with test images
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #39
Dan
up here in my tree

no problem!

keep on shupping...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #40
zorn

hi,

shup doesn't seem to work with photobucket ?

Maybe it's related to the way photobucket gives url to albums ? Mine is like that :
http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd29/"User Name on Photobucket"

i tried various combinations in the preferences, and couldn't upload from the main interface or the shell extension.

thank you