Old 08-02-2020, 01:04 AM   #1
Musiccreator
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper+Behringer X -touch + spitfire bbcso

I have a mixing console Behringer X-Touch. This console works great in my Reaper .
However, when I load the VST from a spitfire BBCSO and want to control the automation, I cannot connect the console fader to the automation fader in the plugin.
In the picture, I marked the three main automation faders in green, these are Volume, Dynamics, and Vibration Level (there are also other faders inside the plugin)
. I can set up my console so that I can control effect automation the same way I control volume automation. Loudness automation connects seamlessly to the console and integrates with the fader. But if you do this in the VST tool, then unfortunately it does not work. However, these parameters work fine if you connect another device, the keyboard M-AUDIO. When I touch a fader on the keyboard M-AUDIO, the automation works. When I touch a fader on the mixing console X touch, the automation does not work (for an VST instrument parameter.)

I would like to control all the automation parameters on my Behringer X TOUCH console, including controlling the automation parameters from the console faders inside the vst plugin. However, I don't know how to set up the interaction between the Spitfire plugin and the Behringer console fader to work. Can you tell me what settings should I make? I took a screenshot from my settings. Please help me. Thank!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBCSO_Main_Interface (1).jpg (59.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Behringer X-Touch-Reaper (1).jpg (45.5 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Musiccreator; 08-02-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:18 AM   #2
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper Forums.

Supposedly the best way is to install the CSI Reaper extension, and find or do the appropriate configuration files for your desired workflow.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:28 AM   #3
Musiccreator

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, I'm new to this and it is very difficult for me to figure out how to do it. Could you please describe in detail the instructions on how to make my faders work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Welcome to the Reaper Forums.

Supposedly the best way is to install the CSI Reaper extension, and find or do the appropriate configuration files for your desired workflow.
-Michael
Musiccreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:35 AM   #4
mschnell

The Wiki should provide general help.

Regarding your desired devices / plugins / workflow / needs you should take a look at the "CSI" thread in this forum.

Quote from the "official" CSI thread:

CSI - You can donate here: geoffwaddington.ca
Beta software: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/38349/CSI%20beta.zip
installation and documentation here: https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiccreator View Post
I have a mixing console Behringer X-Touch. This console works great in my Reaper .
However, when I load the VST from a spitfire BBCSO and want to control the automation, I cannot connect the console fader to the automation fader in the plugin.
In the picture, I marked the three main automation faders in green, these are Volume, Dynamics, and Vibration Level (there are also other faders inside the plugin)
. I can set up my console so that I can control effect automation the same way I control volume automation. Loudness automation connects seamlessly to the console and integrates with the fader. But if you do this in the VST tool, then unfortunately it does not work. However, these parameters work fine if you connect another device, the keyboard M-AUDIO. When I touch a fader on the keyboard M-AUDIO, the automation works. When I touch a fader on the mixing console X touch, the automation does not work (for an VST instrument parameter.)

I would like to control all the automation parameters on my Behringer X TOUCH console, including controlling the automation parameters from the console faders inside the vst plugin. However, I don't know how to set up the interaction between the Spitfire plugin and the Behringer console fader to work. Can you tell me what settings should I make? I took a screenshot from my settings. Please help me. Thank!
Don't use the CSI on the x-touch. Use the MCU klinke.
Press the PLUG-IN button on the upper right corner of the device and it will automatically map the selected VST or VSTI. You can remap them as you like and understand how to navigate through the commands reading the MCU Klinke manual at pages 19-21.
Here is the link:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...nke_manual.pdf

Good luck!

Ps: the x-touch is not a mixer.
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote