Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 07-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #1281
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldo View Post
Thank you for your reply. Yes, tried that as well, but no luck.
I could make it work after some fiddling around with it. But I am running the old 1.xx firmware and not the 2.xx. So steps might be different.

What I did:
1) Start the device and select user mode. LED of track 7 must be lit (first tried with track 1 which is wrong).
2) Started the iMap software
3) Clicked on connect device and did so
4) Select Bitwig mode and save it to a file
5) Selected user mode
6) Loaded the Bitwig file (which replaces now the user mode)
7) Changed the Mixer button to note #70 (which is the MCU Shift key)
8) Clicked on send device
9) Also stored the modded user mode to a file

Hope this helps!

Last edited by moss; 07-08-2020 at 11:51 PM.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #1282
reinaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I could make it work after some fiddling around with it. But I am running the old 1.xx firmware and not the 2.xx. So steps might be different.

What I did:
1) Start the device and select user mode. LED of track 7 must be lit (first tried with track 1 which is wrong).
2) Started the iMap software
3) Clicked on connect device and did so
4) Select Bitwig mode and save it to a file
5) Selected user mode
6) Loaded the Bitwig file (which replaces now the user mode)
7) Changed the Mixer button to not #70 (which is the MCU Shift key)
8) Clicked on send device
9) Also stored the modded user mode to a file

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the detailed steps. I tried the above, however a bit different since I'm using iMap v2.10. I saved the (mackie MCP) profile that works fine, and modified the XML to change the corresponding mixer button key to act as the shift (Note B(5)). I was able to load it and push the new MCP Mackie mode to the Platform M, but unfortunately the controller still doesn't respond. Also tried booting the Platform M in user defined mode. I'll keep trying different options.

Thank you for looking into this. I truly appreciate the work you have done with DrivenByMoss, I would've been stuck other wise with Icon's implementation, which is nowhere near yours.

Last edited by reinaldo; 07-08-2020 at 08:52 PM.
reinaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:03 AM   #1283
Travesty

Quote:
Have you checked if this is not caused by a faulty USB hub or broken cable?
I think I've worked this out, I have a lot of usb devices, and they seem to be conflicting. The same happened with console 1. I probably need to connect more stuff via physical midi.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #1284
yousoundgreat

Default Mackie MCU

Dear Jürgen thanks a lot for your hard work.

I disscovered a little issue when using Mackie MCU. First some background Informations. There is a little community using a Mackie D8B Mixer in combination with a Probox to control a DAW in our case Reaper. The Probox translates D8B RS232 signals into Mackie Universal Protokoll and vice versa.
So we end up with a MCU with 2 Extensions and we can use that lovely gear either as a nice digital mixer or as a DAW controller with 25 motor faders, transport...
The combination of your Reaper Extension works perfectly together with the D8B and the Probox.
But I discovered one little thing. I set up 1 Main MCU on the right with 2 Extensions (middle and left).
For any reason the Master Meterbridge Signals are sent to the Main Units channel 1 and 2. the Result is that the Meterbridge Signals coming from channels 17,18 are overwritten by the ones from the Master. A little on/off button "send master meter bridge signal" would solve the problem or just not sending anything at all, since Master Meter Bridge is not part of the Mackie Protocoll.

I also contacted the Probox programmer. Here his answer in German:

"Wie sie richtig bemerkt haben, kann das MCU Protokoll keine Master Meterbridge. Ich gehe davon aus, dass hier das script fälschlicherweise das an diese Kanäle sendet. Das bedeutet aber auch, dass man die Mastermeter aus Reaper rausbekommt. Man könnte das an den generischen probox controller senden. Dann wäre das Master Signal auch tatsächlich am Master der d8b sichtbar.
Wenn Details dazu gewünscht sind, kann ich das genauer beschreiben."

version used 10.1.0 Mac OS , Reaper 6.12

Greetings from Berlin
yousoundgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:47 AM   #1285
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoundgreat View Post
Dear Jürgen thanks a lot for your hard work.

I disscovered a little issue when using Mackie MCU. First some background Informations. There is a little community using a Mackie D8B Mixer in combination with a Probox to control a DAW in our case Reaper. The Probox translates D8B RS232 signals into Mackie Universal Protokoll and vice versa.
So we end up with a MCU with 2 Extensions and we can use that lovely gear either as a nice digital mixer or as a DAW controller with 25 motor faders, transport...
The combination of your Reaper Extension works perfectly together with the D8B and the Probox.
But I discovered one little thing. I set up 1 Main MCU on the right with 2 Extensions (middle and left).
For any reason the Master Meterbridge Signals are sent to the Main Units channel 1 and 2. the Result is that the Meterbridge Signals coming from channels 17,18 are overwritten by the ones from the Master. A little on/off button "send master meter bridge signal" would solve the problem or just not sending anything at all, since Master Meter Bridge is not part of the Mackie Protocoll.

I also contacted the Probox programmer. Here his answer in German:

"Wie sie richtig bemerkt haben, kann das MCU Protokoll keine Master Meterbridge. Ich gehe davon aus, dass hier das script fälschlicherweise das an diese Kanäle sendet. Das bedeutet aber auch, dass man die Mastermeter aus Reaper rausbekommt. Man könnte das an den generischen probox controller senden. Dann wäre das Master Signal auch tatsächlich am Master der d8b sichtbar.
Wenn Details dazu gewünscht sind, kann ich das genauer beschreiben."

version used 10.1.0 Mac OS , Reaper 6.12

Greetings from Berlin
Yes, the master VU is an extension of the protocol from iCON and there is currently no switch to turn that off. But I can add that.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #1286
munkleby

Hi Moss, thanks for your work on this!

I have just bought an Icon Platform M+ and D2, and managed to get it working nicely with DrivenByMoss. However, now I can't load any VST2/VST3 plugins by Melda - it loads for a second when you select it, then you get a message 'Reaper has crashed' and then it dies.

This only happens when I have DrivenByMoss selected in options > preferences > control/OSC/web

If I remove it from there, select Klinke, and restart Reaper, I can load the Melda plugins no problem (but the Icon M+ doesn't work as nicely with Klinke), so it definitely seems to be when I am using DrivenByMoss

Is there anything I can do to make Melda plugins load properly again and use DrivenByMoss?

I am using 64bit Win10, latest Reaper, latest Icon M+ firmware.

Thank you
munkleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #1287
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkleby View Post
Hi Moss, thanks for your work on this!

I have just bought an Icon Platform M+ and D2, and managed to get it working nicely with DrivenByMoss. However, now I can't load any VST2/VST3 plugins by Melda - it loads for a second when you select it, then you get a message 'Reaper has crashed' and then it dies.

This only happens when I have DrivenByMoss selected in options > preferences > control/OSC/web

If I remove it from there, select Klinke, and restart Reaper, I can load the Melda plugins no problem (but the Icon M+ doesn't work as nicely with Klinke), so it definitely seems to be when I am using DrivenByMoss

Is there anything I can do to make Melda plugins load properly again and use DrivenByMoss?

I am using 64bit Win10, latest Reaper, latest Icon M+ firmware.

Thank you
Turning off GPU acceleration in the Melda plugin settings fixes the issue. Will add that to the known issues section in the manual.

I looked into this a while ago and the crash happens in the Melda plugins, so I have no idea what I could do about it (without having their code for debugging). I also sent the crash dump to them but got no reaction.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:18 AM   #1288
munkleby

Quote:
Turning off GPU acceleration in the Melda plugin settings fixes the issue. Will add that to the known issues section in the manual.

I looked into this a while ago and the crash happens in the Melda plugins, so I have no idea what I could do about it (without having their code for debugging). I also sent the crash dump to them but got no reaction.
That is fantastic, thank you so much!

I will send the info to them too, hopefully they will do something about it.
munkleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #1289
moss

DrivenByMoss 10.2 is online!

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • All devices
    • New: All settings are now documented in the manual.
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Pressing Select knob toggles the window of the current device.
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Option to execute one of 8 Actions.
  • MCU
    • New: Footswitches and Functions keys can now execute an Action. Select *Action
    • from the list, then select the Action from the list below.
    • New: Option to disable Master VU (iCON extension)
    • Fixed: New function did not work
  • OSC
    • New: Updated the Open Stage Control template for Open Stage Control 1.0.0. VU meters are now gray if track is muted.
    • New: /action/{1-8}/ to execute 8 different Actions.
    • Fixed: /automationWriteMode was broken
  • Push
    • Fixed: Device and Parameter navigation was broken

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #1290
themixtape

Appreciate the update, Jurgen! Sucks that this can't work unless you have Reaper 6.12. My license is only good up to the last of version 5... so I'm planning on sticking with that for a while.

Any reason why it only works with 6.12? Thanks man!
Old 07-21-2020, 10:55 PM   #1291
funkydrum

Default iCon Platform m+ issues: "Select" can select only one channel at a time

Good morning Moss,

thanks to your work I got zoom by the controller's jog wheel finally working for horizontal zoom. That's great! Thank you !

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs or to place feature requests. If not, please be so kind to redirect me there, I didn't see any hint in the documentation.

If this is the right place, please read on:

Issues popping up using DrivenByMoss4Reaper with iCon Platform m+ using:

- DrivenByMoss4Reaper 10.2.0 Windows

- iCon Platform+ Firmware 2.12 (Beta)

- Reaper v6.12c 64bit

- Windows 10 pro (incl. latest updates)

- You can select only one channel at a time and not toggle your choice, meaning, one channel is always selected and one select button is always lit. This is independent from "select chanel by touching fader" option.

- Vertical zoom always zooms all tracks height's, not only the selected one(s)

- Similar thing for "Read" and "Write" buttons: Once you touched one of these, you can toggle inbetween 2 modes, but you can't switch both modes off to the initial state.

- Finally "Mixer" Button initiates no action, meaning it doesn't launch something like "ctrl+M" keystroke - the expected show mixer command.

- the original Mackie Control Protocol driver assigns fast forward /rewind buttons to jump to the next marker, start or end of next/previous region. It would be great if that behaviour could be kept, as fast forward is achievable with jog wheel already.

Question/feature request: Is there a way to have a user like me assign different functions or commands to controller buttons? In my case "mixer" "read" "write" and "lock" "<<" ">>"?

hoping not to bug you, any hint is highly apreciated
sincere regards

Funkydrum
funkydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #1292
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydrum View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs or to place feature requests. If not, please be so kind to redirect me there, I didn't see any hint in the documentation.
That's the perfect place, no worries. The hint is on the download page :-)

Quote:
- You can select only one channel at a time and not toggle your choice, meaning, one channel is always selected and one select button is always lit. This is independent from "select chanel by touching fader" option.
That's how it is intended. Not sure why you would not want to have a selected channel. The decision to not have multiple selections is mainly caused by the reason that the code evolves from the Bitwig implementation where you follow one track selection but also having multiple selections on the controller causes some issues.

Quote:
- Vertical zoom always zooms all tracks height's, not only the selected one(s)
That's intentional too. However with the latest release you could replace the up/down keys with an MCU function key (use the iMap tool) and then assign the "zoom selected tracks" action.

Quote:
- Similar thing for "Read" and "Write" buttons: Once you touched one of these, you can toggle inbetween 2 modes, but you can't switch both modes off to the initial state.
- Finally "Mixer" Button initiates no action, meaning it doesn't launch something like "ctrl+M" keystroke - the expected show mixer command.
The problem is that many devices which use the MCU protocol do only have a subset of the original MCU controls and therefore there are always compromises and sometimes the keys do not even send the MCU commands they say on the label.
You can use the iMap tool from icon to change the assignments of all buttons. It is a bit tricky, I just explained it to someone some posts earlier, so please scroll back some pages (or use search).

Quote:
- the original Mackie Control Protocol driver assigns fast forward /rewind buttons to jump to the next marker, start or end of next/previous region. It would be great if that behaviour could be kept, as fast forward is achievable with jog wheel already.
MCU protocol does not know about markers at all. I guess you mean the default Reaper implementation? However, DrivenByMoss provides a marker mode, which you can select as an option for the function keys (and footswitches).

Quote:
Question/feature request: Is there a way to have a user like me assign different functions or commands to controller buttons? In my case "mixer" "read" "write" and "lock" "<<" ">>"?
Yes, see above.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #1293
sound warrior

Default Mac OS X screen reader support and Ableton push 2 sequencer support?

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well and staying safe.
I am really interested in using this with my push to but I have a couple of questions. Firstly does driven by Moss work with the voice-over screen reader on Mac OS X? Secondly is the push 2 step sequencer supported in Reaper with the current version of driven by Moss? Your help with these questions would be most welcome, stay safe stay blessed and take care everyone.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #1294
funkydrum

Default THANK YOU !!!

Hello Moss,

wow, that was fast, thanks a lot for your detailed answer! Sounds promising - I'll dig into it on the weekend and will report.

have a nice day

Funkydrum
funkydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:12 AM   #1295
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound warrior View Post
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well and staying safe.
I am really interested in using this with my push to but I have a couple of questions. Firstly does driven by Moss work with the voice-over screen reader on Mac OS X?
No idea. But would be interested to hear your experience or maybe someone else here uses a screenreader.

Quote:
Secondly is the push 2 step sequencer supported in Reaper with the current version of driven by Moss? Your help with these questions would be most welcome, stay safe stay blessed and take care everyone.
There are several sequencers include (Drum, Drum 4, Drum 8, Note, Poly and Raindrop). See the manual.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #1296
sound warrior

Hi everyone hope you're all doing well and staying safe, I'm trying to use driven by moss and I'm having some issues which I will explain below. I'm totally blind running the latest version of REAPER on macOS Catalina. I'm using the voice-over screen reader. In the driven by moss manual screen reeder users are advised to download and install the open JDK environment which I have done. Here are my issues, I copied the driven by moss folder to the user plug-ins folder upon opening Reaper I did not get the usual warning to tell me that macOS had detected the driven by moss extension, so I just copied the driven by Moss extension file into the user plug-ins folder. macOS detected the extension and using the security preferences work around I was able to open it successfully, I went to the OSC and web control section of Reaper's preferences and set up driven by Moss as I was advised. However when I click on the configuration button absolutely nothing happens even though the correct folder path is shown next to the configuration button. Does anybody know what the problem could be? What am I doing wrong? Your help with this problem would be most welcome, respect and blessings Trey
Old 07-28-2020, 06:41 PM   #1297
sound warrior

hi moss, thanks for your reply i couldn't find it when i first looked sorry about that. i will try driven by moss and let you know how i get on i am having some installation isues which i have discribed in another ppoost in this thread i hope you will be able to help me, thanks aigane for your time.
Quote:
No idea. But would be interested to hear your experience or maybe someone else here uses a screenreader.

There are several sequencers include (Drum, Drum 4, Drum 8, Note, Poly and Raindrop). See the manual.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:56 AM   #1298
moss

Quote:
Hi everyone hope you're all doing well and staying safe, I'm trying to use driven by moss and I'm having some issues which I will explain below. I'm totally blind running the latest version of REAPER on macOS Catalina. I'm using the voice-over screen reader. In the driven by moss manual screen reeder users are advised to download and install the open JDK environment which I have done. Here are my issues, I copied the driven by moss folder to the user plug-ins folder upon opening Reaper I did not get the usual warning to tell me that macOS had detected the driven by moss extension, so I just copied the driven by Moss extension file into the user plug-ins folder. macOS detected the extension and using the security preferences work around I was able to open it successfully, I went to the OSC and web control section of Reaper's preferences and set up driven by Moss as I was advised. However when I click on the configuration button absolutely nothing happens even though the correct folder path is shown next to the configuration button. Does anybody know what the problem could be? What am I doing wrong? Your help with this problem would be most welcome, respect and blessings Trey
I ran into a similar issue while trying to debug an issue this week. There is a bug in JDK 14 which could be the same reason for your problem. I could work around that by using the preview of OpenJDK 15. If you dare you could give this a shot but be aware that this is not ment for production.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:53 AM   #1299
sound warrior

hi moss, thanks for your reply. I would be up for trying this with you Please can you explain to me what I have to do to use open JDK 15? Could the issue be that I don't actually have the Java runtime environment installed on my Mac?
Also when trying to install driven by moss when I copied the folder “DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.2.0-Macos” to the user plug-ins folder reaper and Mac OS X did not detect the extension at all but when I copied the single file “reaper_drivenbymoss.dylib” the extension was detected why is this and what am I meant to do with the folder “DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.2.0-Macos” in this case? Thanks for your help with this man :-)
Quote:
I ran into a similar issue while trying to debug an issue this week. There is a bug in JDK 14 which could be the same reason for your problem. I could work around that by using the preview of OpenJDK 15. If you dare you could give this a shot but be aware that this is not ment for production.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #1300
moss

Quote:
hi moss, thanks for your reply. I would be up for trying this with you Please can you explain to me what I have to do to use open JDK 15? Could the issue be that I don't actually have the Java runtime environment installed on my Mac?
Also when trying to install driven by moss when I copied the folder “DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.2.0-Macos” to the user plug-ins folder reaper and Mac OS X did not detect the extension at all but when I copied the single file “reaper_drivenbymoss.dylib” the extension was detected why is this and what am I meant to do with the folder “DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.2.0-Macos” in this case? Thanks for your help with this man :-)
Ah, ok it seems you did not install it correctly. See the included manual for detailed instructions. In short: copy all files from "DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.2.0-Macos" to the UserPlugins folder of Reaper and make sure that the sub-directories are intact.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #1301
moss

DrivenByMoss 10.5.0 is online!

Get it from https://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • APCMini
    • New: Long press a pad in session mode to select the clip without starting it.
  • APC40 / APC40MkII
    • New: Tempo is displayed on grid when tempo is changed
    • New: APC40: Tap Tempo + Cue Level changes tempo
    • Fixed: APC40: *Shift+Stop All Clips* did not open the browser
  • Akai Fire
    • Fixed: Drum sequencer crashed when changing note length on the grid
  • Komplete Kontrol MkII, A-Series / M32
    • Fixed: Lookup of Komplete instance did not work.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Modes could only be activated once (non-pro models)
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: The lightguide displays the scale notes. The scale can be selected in the document settings.
    • New: The lightguide can be turned off in the settings.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Exception when selecting a drum pad
    • Fixed: Temporarily activating session mode did only work for starting clips but not for starting scenes.
    • Fixed: Longpressing a pad in Drum 4 mode to edit the note did not work.
    • Fixed: Add Device/Effect did call Replace effect instead of Insert.

Enjoy!
Old 07-31-2020, 10:05 PM   #1302
SwampDonkey

Please forgive me if you've answered, but how would one go about maybe getting a particular controller added? (Korg microkey air fwiw)
SwampDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:48 AM   #1303
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDonkey View Post
Please forgive me if you've answered, but how would one go about maybe getting a particular controller added? (Korg microkey air fwiw)
For controllers which are not directly supported, use the Generic Flexi.
Here is the playlist (ignore that it is for Bitwig, usage with Reaper is similar):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Dk...MQ9mdEDJDColcP
Old 08-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #1304
moss

I just released DrivenByMoss 10.6!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Reaper 6.12+
  • APC40 / APC40MkII
    • Fixed: Insert device before / after current from Shift mode did crash.
    • Fixed: APC40: Shift+Stop All Clips did open the browser to insert before the device instead of replacing the current.
  • Akai Fire
    • New: Alt + Stop- Toggle arranger automation write
  • OSC
    • New: Added equalizer commands (uses first ReaEQ device on a track)
      • /eq/... - All values/commands available for /device
      • /eq/add - Add an ReaEQ device as the last device on the track
      • /eq/type/{1-8} - Set/get the band type (off, lowcut, lowshelf, bell, highcut, highshelf, notch)
      • /eq/freq/{1-8} - Set/get the frequency of the n-th band
      • /eq/gain/{1-8} - Set/get the gain of the n-th band
      • /eq/q/{1-8} - Set/get the q-factor of the n-th band
    • New: Added example Open Stage Control template for equalizer control

Enjoy!
Old 08-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #1305
Piszpan

@moss
I've seen some videos on your YouTube channel and I'm stunned.

I currently use Nektar Panorama P1, which essentially can do similar things to your solution (at least in Reaper). But it also has some flaws regarding ergonomy, so I'm thinking about the possibility of switching to Maschine Mk3 + DrivenByMoss.

Panorama offers automatic assingment of parameters (in banks of 8), but it is also possible to make custom sets, where you can e.g. group certain functions together on dedicated pages (like filter, osc, envelope). This way I can for example move filter cutoff to the first page (for better accessibility) or make sure all 8 envelope parameters (2x ADSR) are on on the same page and I can see them at once.

How does this look on Maschine with DrivenByMoss? Are plugin parameters sorted just in the order given by Reaper? If so, what can be done if e.g. cutoff falls on page 5 and resonance on page 6?
Piszpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:27 AM   #1306
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piszpan View Post
@moss
I've seen some videos on your YouTube channel and I'm stunned.

I currently use Nektar Panorama P1, which essentially can do similar things to your solution (at least in Reaper). But it also has some flaws regarding ergonomy, so I'm thinking about the possibility of switching to Maschine Mk3 + DrivenByMoss.

Panorama offers automatic assingment of parameters (in banks of 8), but it is also possible to make custom sets, where you can e.g. group certain functions together on dedicated pages (like filter, osc, envelope). This way I can for example move filter cutoff to the first page (for better accessibility) or make sure all 8 envelope parameters (2x ADSR) are on on the same page and I can see them at once.

How does this look on Maschine with DrivenByMoss? Are plugin parameters sorted just in the order given by Reaper? If so, what can be done if e.g. cutoff falls on page 5 and resonance on page 6?
The Nektar devices store their reordering in the devices which also provides the user interface for it.
Reaper does sadly not provide such a features out of the box (like e.g. Bitwig does). I thought about implementing that for DBM for a while but this would be a huge pile of work, especially the user interface and decided against it.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:40 AM   #1307
Piszpan

I understand, thank you for your reply. It would be great, however. The day it is implemented I will probably switch to Maschine+DBM.

Another question: Can any Reaper actions (or shortcuts) be mapped to any Maschine buttons? Like e.g. 'Show docker', 'Activate next tab' and 'Activate previous tab'?

(In Panorama, I have mapped "Show docker" to one of the buttons, so I can open and close mixer without grabbing the mouse.)

Last edited by Piszpan; 08-07-2020 at 03:45 AM.
Piszpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #1308
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piszpan View Post
I understand, thank you for your reply. It would be great, however. The day it is implemented I will probably switch to Maschine+DBM.

Another question: Can any Reaper actions (or shortcuts) be mapped to any Maschine buttons? Like e.g. 'Show docker', 'Activate next tab' and 'Activate previous tab'?

(In Panorama, I have mapped "Show docker" to one of the buttons, so I can open and close mixer without grabbing the mouse.)
Sorry, another no. But the Maschine Mk3 already has a Mixer button which does that.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:16 AM   #1309
frano

Default Coloring of scenes button

Hi,

On the Akai Apc40 mk2, one of the most useful feature is to select loop region using the scene buttons. Is it possible to get the custom colors of the regions from the reaper to the control surface and set them to buttons instead of the default green?

Would you consider to make A/B slider to be mapped like the knobs in user mode?

Many thanks!
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:24 PM   #1310
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frano View Post
On the Akai Apc40 mk2, one of the most useful feature is to select loop region using the scene buttons. Is it possible to get the custom colors of the regions from the reaper to the control surface and set them to buttons instead of the default green?
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frano View Post
Would you consider to make A/B slider to be mapped like the knobs in user mode?
Another good one! It will control the 1st track FX parameter on the master track in the next update.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:45 AM   #1311
blumpy

Default MCU 23.976 TC

It looks like when running an MCU with a frame rate of 23.976 the TC location on the display of the controller is incorrect. It's displaying 24fps

Is that just me?
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:56 AM   #1312
Zabelle_be

Hello Moss !

Thanks for your job, it's a pleasure to use it !

I'm in trouble with APC40 MK2 : stop clips do not work. And I cannot launch scenes

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot for reply !

Zabelle

Last edited by Zabelle_be; 08-12-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Zabelle_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:04 AM   #1313
Sherazad

Hello Jurgen, did you have any chance to look into the linux compatibility issue we were talking about a few weeks ago? I have tested version 10.6, and the issue is still the same!
Thanks
Sherazad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #1314
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
It looks like when running an MCU with a frame rate of 23.976 the TC location on the display of the controller is incorrect. It's displaying 24fps

Is that just me?
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean. You set the time unit to absolute frames?! Could you please elaborate a bit more.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:04 PM   #1315
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabelle_be View Post
I'm in trouble with APC40 MK2 : stop clips do not work. And I cannot launch scenes
Are you aware that you need to create a region to get a scene?
Stopping clips with Reaper does not work because there are no clips. Reaper has only a linear playback. Use Mute/Solo instead.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #1316
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherazad View Post
Hello Jurgen, did you have any chance to look into the linux compatibility issue we were talking about a few weeks ago? I have tested version 10.6, and the issue is still the same!
Thanks
Do you mean the pane resizing? If yes, I cannot reproduce that.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:38 AM   #1317
moss

DrivenByMoss for Reaper 10.6.1 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: The crossfader controls the 1st track FX parameter on the master track.
    • Fixed: FX parameters (user parameters) on the master track could not be changed.
  • Akai Fire
    • Fixed: Removed session flip option, which did crash.
    • Fixed: Also prevent deletion of note in sequencer when knob was touched but not turned.
  • APC40MkII
    • New: Scene buttons are lit in the color of the scene (region).
  • Komplete Kontrol MkI
    • Fixed: Interpretation of knob speed was wrong.

Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2020, 02:29 PM   #1318
Dievas

Hi Moss.

I have gone through the entire installation process but I can't get the SL Mk3 to activate the transport bar or faders or whatever.

If I select MIDIIN2, the VST does not play. The VST only plays if "Novation SL MKIII" is enabled in 'midi devices'
Dievas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #1319
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dievas View Post
Hi Moss.

I have gone through the entire installation process but I can't get the SL Mk3 to activate the transport bar or faders or whatever.

If I select MIDIIN2, the VST does not play. The VST only plays if "Novation SL MKIII" is enabled in 'midi devices'
You must disable all MkIII MIDI devices in Reaper. Have you pressed the In-Control button on the MkIII?
If you cannot make it work please post screenshots from the DBM window and the configuration dialog.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:44 AM   #1320
Dievas

Quote:
You must disable all MkIII MIDI devices in Reaper. Have you pressed the In-Control button on the MkIII?
If you cannot make it work please post screenshots from the DBM window and the configuration dialog.

Thanks Moos.

This is the screenshot

If I press the IN CONTROL button nothing happens....
Dievas is offline   Reply With Quote