Old 02-22-2024, 12:35 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Struggling with colors and schemes

Preface: no, this isn't an invitation to preaching or a moral sermon on drum stretch editing

I am still greatly struggling to come up with a color scheme of media item background. selected media item background, gridlines, stretch markers and time selection for editing drums quickly, its always such a strain and struggle and I am constantly trying new things, but never really super happy. What do you use?
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:15 PM   #2
norbury brook
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Preface: no, this isn't an invitation to preaching or a moral sermon on drum stretch editing

I am still greatly struggling to come up with a color scheme of media item background. selected media item background, gridlines, stretch markers and time selection for editing drums quickly, its always such a strain and struggle and I am constantly trying new things, but never really super happy. What do you use?
I can't be of any help pipe but I sympathise.The GUI mostly works but there's situations like this where certain colours, seletions etc just don't work that well. I think it's an unfortunate side effect of 'tweakability'

I'm using the default 7 theme and it's pretty good once you get used to it.

perhaps try ajusting the various global colours, Gamma, saturation, highlights, mid toones, shadows etc to se if you can get the default theme just how you like it when editing your drums.

M
Old 02-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #3
Rednroll

You need to stop working with those hacks who can’t play and want you to fix their performance for them. Repeat after me, “Come back after you practiced this part for at least 100 hours.”

If you could post some pics of areas you struggle to see, I could give another go at it. However, that timeline selection color tends to be difficult to get something that works well when over the media items. Think I played around with the different colors and blend adjustment for hours to get it like VP but had to say “close enough”.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 03:26 PM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
Repeat after me, “Come back after you practiced this part for at least 100 hours.”
Epic!!!
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:30 AM   #5
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post

Pipe,

Try this.

Go to the theme development/tweaker menue.

Find the time seledction fill mode and change it to 'add' and set it to 0.9 I also changed the timeline in loop points to a cyan colour.

This makes the selections and the overlay a lot more readable for me.

M
Old 02-23-2024, 12:28 PM   #6
Rednroll

I have my time selection fill set to mid-blue color but am using fill mode of "Dodge 0.8". Give that a try, I know you stated previously it got you close when you tried it out.

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-23-2024 at 12:34 PM.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote