Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 AM   #481
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomwoof View Post
incredible equalizer! As if I could program, I would do it this way. I am looking forward to the possibility of dynamic eq! Thanks a lot!
You can make a dynamic eq out of the stock plugins already using only the reaEQ and parameter modulation. But yes, that included in this eq will be great add
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #482
DaveKeehl

I can't wait fo the dynamic module to be added because I don't really like to use ReaEQ as a dynamic eq.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #483
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
I can't wait fo the dynamic module to be added because I don't really like to use ReaEQ as a dynamic eq.
Its very simple, and you can make an FX chain and load it everytime, ready to go
Old 09-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #484
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
Its very simple, and you can make an FX chain and load it everytime, ready to go
Yeah I know how it works, I've been using Reaper for 5 years I just don't like it
Old 09-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #485
batcat

Thank you nitsuj for developing and sharing this great feature packed eq and also those who contributed!

It's fully functional as it is, but here is a small feature wishlist.

-Knobs can fine control values with Ctrl+drag or scroll, (now they are difficult to set back to zero) Perhaps an automatic stop at zero.
-Knobs can be controlled with scrollwheel
-Knobs can return to default/zero with Ctrl click.

I really like that the output for mid and side can be boosted and cut independently.
I can't find a way to do that in the Fabfilter pro q3 output.
Another wonderful feature is the mid and side spectrum analyzer option, to quickly see any m/s problems. I can't do that with Fabfilter pro q3, but it does have an excellent masking detection feature interacting with all the other Pro q3 plugins, which I find very useful.

Last edited by batcat; 10-25-2019 at 08:05 PM.
batcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:48 AM   #486
sub26nico

nitsuj, thanks for this amazing EQ (and Spectrum too), looks nice and very versatile.
It runs fine on Reaper native linux.
sub26nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #487
kodebode2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
You can make a dynamic eq out of the stock plugins already using only the reaEQ and parameter modulation. But yes, that included in this eq will be great add
Please point me to any links that could make it easier to understand how this is achieved.

I have used a similar approach to link the input gain and output gain plugins which I place before and after any compressor so I can set a fixed threshold, and push into the compressor or lean back, just by adjusting the input gain, knowing that the follow on gain plugin after the compressor will be compensated in the opposite manner.

From what I can deduce, in your example, the gain would be dynamically adjusted to the audio level. What I'm wondering is how to handle the multiband dynamics. No way to get each band in reaeq (the Reaper bundled eq) to affect only the corresponding audio band.
kodebode2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #488
AJYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodebode2 View Post
" "
Here's a generally good overview on how to do Multiband Dynamic EQ using only ReaEQ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxIvKiZNjNQ

But that's a hell of a lot of setup, when you could do it much more easily and conveniently with something like TDR Nova.
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #489
kodebode2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJYoung View Post
Here's a generally good overview on how to do Multiband Dynamic EQ using only ReaEQ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxIvKiZNjNQ

But that's a hell of a lot of setup, when you could do it much more easily and conveniently with something like TDR Nova.
Thanks.
kodebode2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:47 AM   #490
DaveKeehl

Any progress?
Old 11-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #491
pim van dorst

Default glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Thank you good sir!
hallo nitsuj i like it very to, smooth as butter ..but when use more than 1 so say 2 on track buses and 1 on the master bus it gets glitchy on my computer win 10 7i processor

like the controle view you added handy !!!!

greetings from holland
pim van dorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #492
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pim van dorst View Post
hallo nitsuj i like it very to, smooth as butter ..but when use more than 1 so say 2 on track buses and 1 on the master bus it gets glitchy on my computer win 10 7i processor

like the controle view you added handy !!!!

greetings from holland
A couple of pointers...

Try not to have too many ReEQ windows open, one is best. The rendering is quite heavy for JSFX. If you can, close the windows in-between edits.

Most of the time you can use ReEQ's 'Eco' setting. Click on the 'HQ' button on the bottom row to get the option of selecting it. HQ produces more accurate filter curve shapes in the higher frequencies but most of the time you may not need it. The filter code for Eco is twice as fast as that for HQ.

Other than that you should be ok on an i7.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #493
nitsuj

Quote:
Any progress?
Not as much as you'd like

Now the winter months are here I might be inclined to pour myself a Whiskey and do some more coding! Have been thinking about it though.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #494
strachupl

Quote:
A couple of pointers...

Try not to have too many ReEQ windows open, one is best. The rendering is quite heavy for JSFX. If you can, close the windows in-between edits.

Most of the time you can use ReEQ's 'Eco' setting. Click on the 'HQ' button on the bottom row to get the option of selecting it. HQ produces more accurate filter curve shapes in the higher frequencies but most of the time you may not need it. The filter code for Eco is twice as fast as that for HQ.

Other than that you should be ok on an i7.
If it is possible plugin could detect and set mode to HQ when rendering to provide always best quality so you could work in eco mode always while be calm about mixdown quality, I thought...
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #495
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
If it is possible plugin could detect and set mode to HQ when rendering to provide always best quality so you could work in eco mode always while be calm about mixdown quality, I thought...
The problem with that (other than its feasibility in a JS plugin): if you work in "eco" then switch to "hq" when rendering, it will render noticeably different from how you were mixing with it. It's a lot different from working in 32-bit then rendering to 16-bit, for instance.

The "hq" setting is more about how the EQ shape won't cramp near the Nyquist frequency (as opposed to how they do in "eco" mode), especially when using high-frequency bands (not shelves). So if you don't care about your bands being perfectly symmetrical near Nyquist (if you use shelves for "high-end lift" for instance), you can get away with "eco" all the time. Or if you work at a higher sample rate in general.

But if you want the bands to be symmetrical near Nyquist, you'll want to mix that way and not just render that way. You'll notice the difference and it'll affect your mixing decisions.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #496
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
The problem with that (other than its feasibility in a JS plugin): if you work in "eco" then switch to "hq" when rendering, it will render noticeably different from how you were mixing with it. It's a lot different from working in 32-bit then rendering to 16-bit, for instance.

The "hq" setting is more about how the EQ shape won't cramp near the Nyquist frequency (as opposed to how they do in "eco" mode), especially when using high-frequency bands (not shelves). So if you don't care about your bands being perfectly symmetrical near Nyquist (if you use shelves for "high-end lift" for instance), you can get away with "eco" all the time. Or if you work at a higher sample rate in general.

But if you want the bands to be symmetrical near Nyquist, you'll want to mix that way and not just render that way. You'll notice the difference and it'll affect your mixing decisions.
That is a very good point!
Old 11-18-2019, 08:51 AM   #497
jbradbury

Default This is amazing...

As a poor student - buying something like FabFilter is not an option for me and ReaEQ is a bit limiting at times. What I love about this the most is the ability to audition each filter individually - it makes finding a specific part of the spectrum interactive and easy. Is there any chance you would establish a repo on github/gitlab wherever for this? I would hate for it to become lost and it would be good to maintain my own fork of it.
jbradbury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #498
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbradbury View Post
As a poor student - buying something like FabFilter is not an option for me and ReaEQ is a bit limiting at times. What I love about this the most is the ability to audition each filter individually - it makes finding a specific part of the spectrum interactive and easy. Is there any chance you would establish a repo on github/gitlab wherever for this? I would hate for it to become lost and it would be good to maintain my own fork of it.
Check their free stuff.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs/
Old 11-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #499
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbradbury View Post
Well, if you've got the JSFX then you've got the source...

I've got it in a github project but I need to tidy things up a bit. It's on the list!
Old 11-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #500
pepe44

nitsuj
Thanks for all the effort on this great piece of software!
Any plans for dynamic bands here ? eheh
Take a look at the toneboosters eq4, maybe some ideias come to mind while scripting
Old 12-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #501
DaveKeehl

Since now we have embeddable JS plugins in both the TCP and MCP, would it be possible to make ReSpectrum adapt to the size of the master track and without showing the numbers on the axis? I would like to always have it open right there, like this:

Old 12-10-2019, 03:57 AM   #502
Dyl

I tried using ReEq in Presonus Studio One 4 professional. It gave an error message (had to take a gif because I couldn't copy the text out of the js window).

I downloaded the Reaplugs 64bit version, once installed I navigated though to the js plugin and got this message:

This is such a great plugin it would be good if it worked in the Reaplugs download.
Attached Images
File Type: gif reaper.gif (13.3 KB, 399 views)
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #503
technogremlin

I guess ReEQ needs a recent version of JS. The JS-plugin in the VST bundle appears to trail behind development-wise.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #504
poetnprophet

Quote:
Since now we have embeddable JS plugins in both the TCP and MCP, would it be possible to make ReSpectrum adapt to the size of the master track and without showing the numbers on the axis? I would like to always have it open right there, like this:

+1 to this, I like it better than the other JS spectrogram but the grid and values mess it up as an embedded fx.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:54 AM   #505
SmajjL

What - the?.. ah-hehe!
This is a great sounding (reciepe) EQ! so Easy to EQ with it, my compliments for the chef!
as a JSFX? *Dauym!* what is not, possible?

Thank you nitsuj! Justin Johnson
Old 12-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #506
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
I tried using ReEq in Presonus Studio One 4 professional. It gave an error message (had to take a gif because I couldn't copy the text out of the js window).

I downloaded the Reaplugs 64bit version, once installed I navigated though to the js plugin and got this message:

This is such a great plugin it would be good if it worked in the Reaplugs download.
Yeah, this has come up before. It's because Reaplug JS is quite far behind the latest version of JSFX which is necessary for ReEQ. Not a lot can be done until Cockos bring it up to date (if they ever will).
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #507
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
What - the?.. ah-hehe!
This is a great sounding (reciepe) EQ! so Easy to EQ with it, my compliments for the chef!
as a JSFX? *Dauym!* what is not, possible?

Thank you nitsuj! Justin Johnson
You're most welcome

Hope you get some good use out of it!
Old 12-17-2019, 06:03 PM   #508
nitsuj

Quote:
Since now we have embeddable JS plugins in both the TCP and MCP, would it be possible to make ReSpectrum adapt to the size of the master track and without showing the numbers on the axis?
Check the latest version out.

Both ReEQ and ReSpectrum now adapt to smaller view sizes for Reaper 6's TCP and MCP views. I think I can do a little more but this should be a good first go.

Check the first page as usual to grab it.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:19 AM   #509
Dyl

Quote:
Yeah, this has come up before. It's because Reaplug JS is quite far behind the latest version of JSFX which is necessary for ReEQ. Not a lot can be done until Cockos bring it up to date (if they ever will).
Thanks for letting me know. It's definitely a plugin I miss whilst I experiment in Studio One. I'll keep an eyo out for Reaplug updates.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #510
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Check the latest version out.

Both ReEQ and ReSpectrum now adapt to smaller view sizes for Reaper 6's TCP and MCP views. I think I can do a little more but this should be a good first go.

Check the first page as usual to grab it.
Ah wow, thanks! Will check it out soon
Old 12-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #511
DaveKeehl

Isn't the eq line a bit too thick in the embedded mcp? Other than that, very nice

Old 12-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #512
poetnprophet

spectrum is very nice looking embedded now, thank you!
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #513
vejichan

I am on mac.. where can i download this? what do i do to use this? how can i use this? i need some directions/instructions. Thanks
vejichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #514
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejichan View Post
I am on mac.. where can i download this? what do i do to use this? how can i use this? i need some directions/instructions. Thanks
Did you manage to get installed ok?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 PM   #515
cjewellstudios

I was using this fantastic eq yesterday and decided to finally give the automatic gain compensation a go. I actually loved it!

It seemed like the output trim was not working when that's engaged though? I do think the AGC worked pretty well but I found myself wanting to trim it a little. Is that how it works or did I miss something?
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:11 AM   #516
BenS

Default One more filter controlled by midi device?

I would like to be able to have more eq bands controlled by midi in ReEq (6 in fact rather than the current 5) - would that be possible?

I really like that I can activate and deactivate Eq bands in ReEq - would just love to have control of just one more. (As I like to have high pass, low shelf, para 1, para 2, high shelf and low pass)

Is there a way to customise the midi commands available?

I used a Midi Fighter Twister to control my eq and like to be able to push one of the buttons to turn a filter/eq on or off.

In ReaEq (the Reaper default EQ) I can have midi commands for as many EQ bands as I want. (but I can't turn them on and off with Midi)

BenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #517
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
I would like to be able to have more eq bands controlled by midi in ReEq (6 in fact rather than the current 5) - would that be possible?

I really like that I can activate and deactivate Eq bands in ReEq - would just love to have control of just one more. (As I like to have high pass, low shelf, para 1, para 2, high shelf and low pass)

Is there a way to customise the midi commands available?

I used a Midi Fighter Twister to control my eq and like to be able to push one of the buttons to turn a filter/eq on or off.

In ReaEq (the Reaper default EQ) I can have midi commands for as many EQ bands as I want. (but I can't turn them on and off with Midi)
Just thought I'd add a bit of info here.

There is a limit of 64 automatable parameters in JSFX plugins. And ReEQ uses 7 parameters per band. This means the maximum number of bands that would be automatable is 9. However - this would also mean that there wouldn't be any room left for other automatable global parameters (unrelated to each band).

So I'm guessing there would be room to include a band or 2 more - at the expense of other parameters which would have to be internally coded and stored manually in the plugin save data for recall (the 64 automatable sliders parameters would be saved and recalled automatically).

So I can kind of understand why there are currently only 5 bands that can be automated.
VST's do not have this limit - you can have many hundreds of automatable parameters in a VST.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #518
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Just thought I'd add a bit of info here.

There is a limit of 64 automatable parameters in JSFX plugins. And ReEQ uses 7 parameters per band. This means the maximum number of bands that would be automatable is 9. However - this would also mean that there wouldn't be any room left for other automatable global parameters (unrelated to each band).

So I'm guessing there would be room to include a band or 2 more - at the expense of other parameters which would have to be internally coded and stored manually in the plugin save data for recall (the 64 automatable sliders parameters would be saved and recalled automatically).

So I can kind of understand why there are currently only 5 bands that can be automated.
VST's do not have this limit - you can have many hundreds of automatable parameters in a VST.
Yep, this is the reason. There's a limit on the number of sliders that you have in JSFX and I was running out pretty quick. It's an arbitrary limit - I hope they'll just increase it in a future update. If they do then I'll update the code to expose all bands.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #519
HesusRice

I can't seem to get this to work. I the folder in Application Support/Reaper/Effects and it won't show up in Reaper for some reason. I am sorry, I am a newcomer to Reaper, been using Logic for about 10 years.

Any help would be great. Thanks
HesusRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #520
HesusRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
That is your post that I followed to try to put it in the right folder and still not working. ??
HesusRice is offline   Reply With Quote