Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #121
obijohn
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neve View Post
Hi,

Has anyone been successful at all with running Spectrasonics Trilian with Reaper?

It's weird that Reaper does not even see the VST version of it. It just sees the AUi version although both are installed....

It crashes the moment I try to open it. I have the latest Reaper 3.22 and the latest Trilian update (1.1.4c). Both the VST and AU.

Thanks
Sorry if it's a bit late responding to this. If what you mean by "crash" is that Reaper just hangs and won't accept input and you have to force-close, then I think this may be the issue: If Trilian is anything like Trilogy (and I suspect it is, since it's the "new version" of Trilogy), it actually opens a separate host window when you load the plugin in Reaper. With Trilogy, this host window was actually behind the plugin window so I never saw it and Reaper appeared to just hang. I think it was about the fourth time I force-closed Reaper that I happened to notice the Trilogy host icon in the dock which disappeared just as Reaper was force-closing. Now, I just bring the Trilian host window to focus from the dock after I load the plugin, then everything works fine.
obijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #122
evillain

i am using Reaper on a Macbook Pro with a UAD 2 Solo/Laptop....

all seems to work ok, except:

UAD Plugins: When I put the PLate 140 or EMT 250 on a Return...i get weird random clipping on the main buss. it is extremely annoying and makes it impossible to use. Sometimes it clips like crazy....sometimes it doesn't. I find when I take the plugs off of the buss, it works fine again.

And for both the UAD and Softube plugins....if i change to a preset, the sound changes, but the GUI does not. so if i want to see it correctly, i have to delete the plugin and start again.

Do i have some preference that needs to be changed? or is this a bug?

I want so badly to make the complete switch to Reaper...but these plug issues are holdin me back.
evillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #123
Tus Tep

I have just downloaded and tried to try out the demo version of GRM tools ST bundle and it crashed reaper on startup.
Is there any idea if these sort of issues will be solved soon?
I really need to move into OS X territory definitely (I've been a reaper user on boot camp for more than two years now) but these things are a real problem.

thanks
Tus Tep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #124
AdamWathan

The Softube Tube Tech CL 1B compressor VST crashes Reaper on start up. The AU version works fine (backwards I know) but after installing the VST version, Reaper crashes on first startup, and after that Reaper will work fine but the VST will not show up in the FX window no matter what.
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #125
thinwire

Default BFD 1.5 doesn't work with new 3.301 Reaper (WHITE box)

Hmph... Just had to install older 3.161 version of Reaper (i didn't try it with the one after that.) to get BFD 1.5 to work. The current one (3.301) crashes BFD 1.5!!!!!!! well.. to be precise, you load BFD into a track and in the fx window all you see is a BFD sized WHITE box. To recap, it works in 3.161 version.

I know you guys are busy bees and doing great jobs but i am getting tired of osx reaper.

Cheers
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #126
peterdines

Reaktor 5 menu doesn't work in Reaper 3.301 - I get the first level of the menu with file, edit, settings... but not the second level with "save as" etc.
peterdines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #127
mrelwood

Vacuumsound ADT 1.0.6 (Automatic Double Tracking) will work only as a +743dB sine generator. Well, not sure if it was sine, I was in a bit of a hurry to take the earphone out.

What I learned though was that it takes approx 17 seconds for the level meters to come down from +743dB.

http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

EDIT:
1.0.8 doesn't emit the noise.

Last edited by mrelwood; 02-18-2010 at 05:01 PM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #128
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Vacuumsound ADT (Automatic Double Tracking) will work only as a +743dB sine generator. Well, not sure if it was sine, I was in a bit of a hurry to take the earphone out.

What I learned though was that it takes approx 17 seconds for the level meters to come down from +743dB.

That's weird I use ADT all the time and haven't had any problems...

Regards,
- Jonas
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #129
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe View Post
That's weird I use ADT all the time and haven't had any problems...
Didn't come to think of it, the new 1.0.8. version works. Older 1.0.6. didn't.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #130
Neve

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijohn View Post
Sorry if it's a bit late responding to this. If what you mean by "crash" is that Reaper just hangs and won't accept input and you have to force-close, then I think this may be the issue: If Trilian is anything like Trilogy (and I suspect it is, since it's the "new version" of Trilogy), it actually opens a separate host window when you load the plugin in Reaper. With Trilogy, this host window was actually behind the plugin window so I never saw it and Reaper appeared to just hang. I think it was about the fourth time I force-closed Reaper that I happened to notice the Trilogy host icon in the dock which disappeared just as Reaper was force-closing. Now, I just bring the Trilian host window to focus from the dock after I load the plugin, then everything works fine.

Actually, it works just fine now. As others pointed out, Trilian has a different name in Reaper. It's called "Ruby". Go figure.
I had and used Trilogy for a long time, but now on a Intel, it's a real pain. So I had to switch to Trilian.
Neve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #131
dumant

Quote:
Vacuumsound ADT 1.0.6 (Automatic Double Tracking) will work only as a +743dB sine generator. Well, not sure if it was sine, I was in a bit of a hurry to take the earphone out.

EDIT:
1.0.8 doesn't emit the noise.
I have lost a tweeter this way... But it was the AU version. I have never had any problem with the VST version.
dumant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #132
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Quote:
Didn't come to think of it, the new 1.0.8. version works. Older 1.0.6. didn't.
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumant View Post
I have lost a tweeter this way... But it was the AU version. I have never had any problem with the VST version.
Damn that's not good. I have gotten used to putting eventhorizon2 on my master to avoid sudden bursts (especially when developing my own plug ins : )

Regards,
-Jonas
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #133
schwa
Administrator

By the way, in file/project settings/project settings, you can set the master to mute or clip if the output exceeds a certain decibel level.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #134
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus Tep View Post
I have just downloaded and tried to try out the demo version of GRM tools ST bundle and it crashed reaper on startup.
I believe the VST versions of these plugins crash out instantly, I've asked GRM for some help on this one. If you remove the VST plugins from your Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder but leave the AU plugins in Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, you should be able to use the AUs.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #135
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillain View Post
UAD Plugins: When I put the PLate 140 or EMT 250 on a Return...i get weird random clipping on the main buss.
Is this the AU or VST version? There is special handling in Reaper to work around the fact that UAD plugins are very touchy about multithreading when opening or closing the plugin window. Does the audio clipping seem to be related to UI activity? The AU version may need the same special handling.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #136
Tus Tep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I believe the VST versions of these plugins crash out instantly, I've asked GRM for some help on this one. If you remove the VST plugins from your Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder but leave the AU plugins in Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, you should be able to use the AUs.
Thanks very much for the answer, the problem is that GRM tools doesn't come in AU format: "Logic Audio requires plug-ins that are compatible with the Audio Units format, and there is currently no AU version of GRM Tools. But if you would like to use the VST plug-ins in the OSX version of Logic Audio, we recommend using the VST-AU wrapper by FXpansion."
Tus Tep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #137
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus Tep View Post
Thanks very much for the answer, the problem is that GRM tools doesn't come in AU format
Ah, well, OK that advice won't help much then. I await information from GRM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #138
schwa
Administrator

I got a nice email from the developer of HybridReverb2. He thinks the OSX crash is probably caused by the plugin or the development framework he is using, because he's had similar reports in other hosts.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:17 AM   #139
dumant

Quote:
By the way, in file/project settings/project settings, you can set the master to mute or clip if the output exceeds a certain decibel level.
yes I know... but I forgot to set it when I switched from PC to Mac... Anyway, my monitor was still under warranty, and I should get it back soon...

Bruno
dumant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 AM   #140
schwa
Administrator

It would be great if any OSX users would be willing to try the latest Reaper prerelease. Specifically to see if plugins that don't output audio can be fixed by setting "buggy plugin compatibility mode" (right click the FX in the FX browser to set this, before adding the FX to the track).

If you do try it and have anything to report about the prerelease behavior, good or bad, this thread is the place to report it.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #141
erikf

Default GRM Tools

Quote:
I believe the VST versions of these plugins crash out instantly, I've asked GRM for some help on this one. ....
I'm trying to figure out if this crash with the GRM tools is a result of the "demo" license or the plug-ins themselves. Since it is crashing on initialization, I think the demo license is messing up Reaper. Please let us know if you hear back from GRM. I emailed them earlier today but have not heard back. I'd really like to use the combo.
erikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #142
schwa
Administrator

I have a valid ilok installed, but all GRM plugins crash at load time (before Reaper has even had a chance to call in to the plugin). I have sent GRM a couple of emails with no response.

If anyone reading this has purchased GRM plugins, could you do us the favor of opening a support request with them?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #143
Smith

Default Updated to 3.35 and plugis have vanished.

Hello, I am using a macbook pro osx.5 and since updating to reaper 3.35 all my 3rd party plugins have vanished, including vsti's. I tried re-installing plugins and even reinstalled Absynth to no avail.

I have checked various reaper preferences, re-scanned for plug-ins, cleared cache etc, but they still don't appear, can anyone help?

Many thanks!
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #144
husky

Default broomstick bass

reaper 3.35 intel, OSX 10.6.2

1) the vst lists in the "add fx" window only if "Get VST names/types when scanning" option is UNCHECKED.

2) reaper refuses to add the vst in fx window: "the following effect plug-in could not be loaded".

tried the "buggy comp mode" before add the vst, but no way

demoversion:
http://bornemark.se/bb/downloads.htm

thanks
husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #145
jas

It would be great idea to retest alot of these plugins on the next realease as
the pre-realease:

v3.36pre3 has implemented very useful new updates for OSX.

+ OSX: more consistent AU GUI updating when playing back FX automation
+ OSX: preliminary bridging support (to run 32 bit plugins on 64 bit, PPC plug-ins on Intel, etc)
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #146
bennals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith View Post
Hello, I am using a macbook pro osx.5 and since updating to reaper 3.35 all my 3rd party plugins have vanished, including vsti's. I tried re-installing plugins and even reinstalled Absynth to no avail.

I have checked various reaper preferences, re-scanned for plug-ins, cleared cache etc, but they still don't appear, can anyone help?

Many thanks!
Did you install the 32 or 64 bit version?

Bill.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #147
Smith

My problem was answered in another thread, it seems I had installed the 64 bit version which doesn't support 32 bit plugins(?), I have now installed the 32 bit version and everything seems hunky dory.

All the best,

Smith.
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #148
ubersyntax

I tried installing the following VST's tonight, and none of them are showing up under my FX list. I double checked the installer files and made sure they were under the right directories, and still nothing.

Melow Muse's IR1A
LAConvolver

Does anyone have any tips on how to get these to run in the most current 64xMAC OS X REAPER build? I'm currently running MAC OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard

EDIT:
I just read the posts above mine... I wonder if me installing the 64x version made it so none of my plugins are working... Hmmm...
ubersyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #149
riftinsound

Default Soundhack

I am trying to track down some of the plugin issues I have in OSX 10.6.2, I am also a UAD user and have some glitchy things happening with the opening and closing of windows, as well as when I run the UA plugins in AU format. VST works pretty well...but still having some audio crackles and glitches when using a decent amount of plugins...

One set of plugins that does not work well, sometimes does not work at all...and that is the Soundhack freeware plugins, specifically the Delay Trio. GUI will load but not let you adjust parameters.....I will try running in the generic GUI parameter mode and see if that works...but besides the GUI stuff, the ones that do work are very buggy.

http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php

I really miss using these plugins....

Also Michael Norris plugins will occasionally crash reaper when adjusting in real time...
http://www.michaelnorris.info/soundm...ral/index.html

Another occasional issue I have is with using REAInsert for external fx...I get a degrading audio signal after a bit. I was thinking this had something to do with aggregating the audio interfaces, because I tried with just one and it seemed to work, but I know it also will work for awhile with both, just seems kind of random.

Oh I am using a 17" Macbook Pro Unibody Model... 2.8ghz core2duo, 4 gigs of ram.....
UAD Solo card, MOTU Ultralite and Traveller interfaces.
riftinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #150
Dirk

Tritone Digital ..

Valve Tone 62

ClassicTone-PEV

i installed the latest vst versions .. both are the new ones without the pluggo runtime… native versions

they crash REAPER on removing from a track.

REAPER 3.35 intel, OSX 10.6.2

thanks
d
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #151
bennals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Tritone Digital ..

Valve Tone 62

ClassicTone-PEV

i installed the latest vst versions .. both are the new ones without the pluggo runtime… native versions

they crash REAPER on removing from a track.

REAPER 3.35 intel, OSX 10.6.2

thanks
d
I've been using the native valvetone here for a while with no issues, both in VST and AU format on 10.5.4.

Bill.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #152
Dirk

yeah it seems snow leopard related.. its graphics me thinks..
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #153
mdfreitas

Default I would wait

I did the right thing buy purchasing the home version, however I have nothing but issues with the MAC version, they are not ripping you off, just need to wait further until these issues are resolved. Use it unregistered for now, dont get me wrong, my Buddy uses the Win version and has no issues, swears by it, but when he gets on my mac gets aggravated by not being able to set up vst'i and use them like his machine.

I just hanging around until they do some more of their homework, after all MAC is the industry standard for most of all apps used by pros.

Good Luck,
mdfreitas
mdfreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #154
timlloyd

On my system (OSX 10.6 macbook pro - Reaper 3.4) all of the PSP SQuad EQ pack ( I'm testing the demos at the moment) seem to have issues with latency compensation.

If I use them on an Aux return track as part of a parallel processing chain, it's easy to hear that their latency isn't correctly compensated for, causing phasing. It makes them impossible to use really!

I've tried the plugs in Logic and they work fine, so it appears to be a problem with Reaper.

-- PSP SQuad EQ pack
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #155
AdamWathan

The new SPL DrumXchanger plugin only works as AU. VST isn't even showing in the FX window, it's like Reaper doesn't see it at all, same problem I was having with the Softube Comp.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #156
semiquaver

The Plogue Bidule GUI is back to its previous craziness (opening behind the FX window - persisting after the window is closed - crashing REAPER) after a brief interval of working.

Intel Snow leopard
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #157
AdamWathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Metric Halo Channelstrip

It works but cpu goes up and gives latency, also crashes Reaper from time to time.
Also MHCS will not save or recall settings with the project. It will save if you disable "Save as Bank" but that causes a lot of instability with other plugins. Anyway to add an exception to this plugin so that it DOESN'T save as bank even if "Save as Bank" is enabled? I just dropped $245 on it to find out it won't work properly with my beloved Reaper :'(

EDIT: Turns out the AU version works and will save/recall settings properly, just the VST version that doesn't behave as expected.

Last edited by AdamWathan; 04-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #158
mio*star

Default Juno Controller not working

Hi guys,

I found (can't remember where) a supposed-to-be very handy plug-in that should allow Reaper to control Roland Juno 106 synthesizers.
It is called Juno Controller, but it just does not even appear in my plug-ins list in Reaper ... any trick ?

Thanks !
Old 05-09-2010, 03:09 AM   #159
mrelwood

KR-Reverb FS
AU version works perfectly, but the VST version doesn't save the adjustment positions. Opening a saved project, the plugin loads all sliders in the center position, no matter how they were saved.

http://www.kresearch.com/download_freeseries.html

Reaper 3.51, OSX 10.6.3., Intel MacBook.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #160
axel_ef

Default Broomstick Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky View Post
reaper 3.35 intel, OSX 10.6.2

1) the vst lists in the "add fx" window only if "Get VST names/types when scanning" option is UNCHECKED.

2) reaper refuses to add the vst in fx window: "the following effect plug-in could not be loaded".

tried the "buggy comp mode" before add the vst, but no way

demoversion:
http://bornemark.se/bb/downloads.htm

thanks
After long time today I installed Broomstick again and now the VSTi works. A wonder....
axel_ef is offline   Reply With Quote