Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
skankflop
Human being with feelings

Default Octacapture problems

Been using Reaper with the Roland Octacapture, and everything has been working lovely. However recently I ran into a problem where Reaper won't recognize the Octacapture inputs or outputs from the ASIO drivers. This is after I recorded ten simultaneous tracks of drums, where Reaper recognized the interface as normal.

Didn't know if this is a normal problem where Reaper gets buggy, and just decides to not recognize drivers, or if there is another issue at hand. It really doesn't make sense how it could recognize all of the inputs one minute, then not even show them the next time I go to record something.

Is anyone else having a problem with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper problem.jpg (52.9 KB, 396 views)
skankflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
vegashouse

I had a similiar problem with my Reaper/Octacapture set-up about a week ago.
Re-initializing my octacapture and rebooting fixed the issue, the only thing is I lost my compressor setting on the octacapture
vegashouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
skankflop

Lovely. A new driver update for the octacapture, and reaper during the same week, and the problem starts all over again. I'm not exactly sure how it started to work correctly back in late February, seeing as I went through the motions of re-installing everything over and over, and then finally I was able to use the octacapture. This is extremely frustrating, to have this problem over and over again, with no clear solution. I've read the same things happening with the quad capture also. Any tips or advice would be wonderful.
skankflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
bradleyfilms

It looks like something else has control of your card.
I have a quad capture and no problems except when a buggy plugin crashes and the driver isn't released. Sometimes a reboot is necessary, sometimes just unplugging and reconnecting the cable fixes it.
Steve
Old 12-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Primitivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfilms View Post
It looks like something else has control of your card.
I have a quad capture and no problems except when a buggy plugin crashes and the driver isn't released. Sometimes a reboot is necessary, sometimes just unplugging and reconnecting the cable fixes it.
Steve
I have 3 Octacaptures, and 4 Quadcaptures that I use daily with Reaper and Logic.

When Reaper crashes, the driver is not properly released as you said, and I have to reboot the computer to get it to work.

Additionally, sometimes when I load a large project with 50 tracks and 100 plugins, the playback will be muted even tho the faders are showing output in Reaper. Again, rebooting fixes the problem.

I think it's purely the Roland driver messing up. Other wise, these Capture series devices are great and very clean sounding.

Loren
Old 12-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
suleiman

Same problem that only happens post-crash with my tri-capture. Disconnect / reconnect usually works OR Reboot. But this only happens if some particular vsti crashes Reaper.

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #7
godly

Pffff very frustrating, just bought a Octacapture because I thought it would save me from the Motu issues I have recently (mixer panel doesnt work and additional cracks).
I thought the octacapture was perfect.
Until I started playing my tracks in full.

Reapers gets in a loop and then crashes mostly. Only way to reset is unplug the usb and restart Octacapture or even the laptop.

Very frustrating as I have to be on stage within 2 weeks with this setup!!!

Is there any advice?
godly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #8
Tommy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by godly View Post
Is there any advice?
Wish there was. My Octa-Capture driver crashes randomly, sometimes within Reaper, sometimes upon loading Reaper after using Vegas or Pro-Show, and then sometimes not.
Occasionally it'll crash while using SWS extensions (Loudness) while measuring an item.

This issue has come up on these boards several times over the years, and it seems the only solution is to re-boot the 'puter ...

~ Tommy V ~
Old 01-05-2018, 04:10 AM   #9
godly

Ok thx for the info, think I'll stick with Motu afterall, isn't perfect either, but doesn't crash that often.
godly is offline   Reply With Quote