Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
alphacat
Human being with feelings

Default DSK Overture VSTi - not being scanned

Howdy! Been using Reaper for about a year now and LOVE IT (I'm an Acid Pro refugee) and haven't had many problems that a little sleuthing here couldn't fix - until now, that is.

DSK* products are notoriously CPU-heavy sometimes (and often have complaints about GUIs and runtime bugs and whatnot) but as they say, for the money their stuff is decent. As such though this issue may or may not be for the Cockos crew...

However, I just downloaded two newer DSK freeware plugs (Overture and Guitar Steel) and the FX dialog doesn't even see 'em. I cleared the FX cache and re-scanned everything, and Overture *did* turn up on the list of plugs it sees when initializing, yet it's not there when I go to add it.

* DSK website: http://www.dskmusic.com

Win2k/Reaper 3.72

Last edited by alphacat; 11-01-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added OS info
alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Sambo Rouge

Alphacat

I have used both of those plugins for awhile now with no problems, although I store mine in Cubase vst plugins.

When you do the search I presume you do DSK and not Overture?

Sorry I cannot be of further help other to say that they should work in Reaper with no problem, although Overture takes awhile to load --- as you say they can be a bit hungry.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo Rouge View Post
Alphacat

I have used both of those plugins for awhile now with no problems, although I store mine in Cubase vst plugins.

When you do the search I presume you do DSK and not Overture?

Sorry I cannot be of further help other to say that they should work in Reaper with no problem, although Overture takes awhile to load --- as you say they can be a bit hungry.
Thanks for the reply!

I do indeed search for both of those (as well as showing the directory folders)... no luck. Also posted a bug report for the DSK fellas. Hopefully there's a solution.
alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote