Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
storyteller
Human being with feelings

Default Announcing Orchestral Template For Reaper

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this thread is in the appropriate forum, so please feel free to move it as needed.

But I wanted to take a minute today to introduce something that has been a big part of my workflow that I am now making available publicly.

If you are on this forum, you know how incredible Reaper is. You also know the genius developer mindset it took to craft a program customizable for everyone. Many people have moved from ProTools, but the composer community has inherent challenges with transitioning to any DAW. While Reaper is listed as the #3 DAW behind Cubase and Logic among users on VI-Control, we all know it could be so much more widely accepted if the users understood how to program.

The truth is most don't. Some that do, may not have time to build the infrastructure they require. The ones that take the time, end up here. That leaves pre-packaged, out-of-the-box DAWs as the answer for most composers.

So, as I've explored all of the DAWs in the composer world (since the dawn of eMagic's Logic), I finally decided to jump headfirst into Reaper and develop out the infrastructure required for composers. Let's call it a potential industry-standard workflow for the future - a workflow that is not able to happen with other DAWs. Yet, it is the workflow that everyone strives to reach.

So with that said, I'd like to introduce Orchestral Template for Reaper (OTR). It is a package of 250 custom scripts and actions that build upon the Reaper platform. It is kinda like a spit and polished interface for composers (especially those that do not have the desire to program). But that's not all. There are additional features being introduced with OTR that consist of pre-configured Orchestral Templates, and a new feature I'm calling TrackPacks - which make loading everything needed for an orchestral session just a right-click away. In essence, everything a composer would need is just a menu tab or a click away. No more figuring out track routing. No more fighting to set up virtual orchestral halls. No more spaghetti wiring of groups, aux tracks, midi tracks, VI output tracks, etc. It is a masterclass in track organization with a perfected workflow for composers.

The pre-order period reflects a 50% introductory package bundle price that runs until the release date of February 14, 2017 and is available at otr.storyteller.im

There are 11 walkthrough videos available on the website, with many more to come. I hope you enjoy this product. Here is the teaser video below.

https://youtu.be/rxhF_3BmrDk

Last edited by storyteller; 01-24-2017 at 11:22 AM.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
MikComposer

Looks like a great template. Maybe I'll get it. But I think there is a error with pricing, cause it shows $129 crossed out and the current offer is $119, which isn't 50%.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikComposer View Post
Looks like a great template. Maybe I'll get it. But I think there is a error with pricing, cause it shows $129 crossed out and the current offer is $119, which isn't 50%.
Good catch! Sale price was correct. Retail price was not correct for the bundle. Sorry about that!
Old 01-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
MikComposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Good catch! Sale price was correct. Retail price was not correct for the bundle. Sorry about that!
Hey, np.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:40 AM   #5
bcslaam

Looks great, a couple of qu:
1. Many of us use VEPro6 to farm out vi's. How do you accommodate the individual choices we've made to put our strings on this pc and brass on that pc etc.
2. How long will we get updates to each individual pack and scrips?
3. Will you integrate with reapack?

Cheers
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
storyteller

Thanks! Good questions! VEPro6 is a solution where users tend to configure their VIs for their own workflow. So from the start, while integrating a previous workflow into OTR can occur rather easily, it may not translate into the most ideal approach since OTR is intended to reshape workflows more efficiently. However, using pre-existing VEPro setups is easily handled through the numerous TrackTemplates that are included. So, for example, if you have a VEPro Instance used for strings on a slave computer, you would just add that plugin to whichever OTR TrackTemplate accommodates your routing configuration.

Real world example: If you have a Violins patch running on VEPRO that outputs in stereo, you would select a StereoOut Track Template in OTR that sends to either the Virtual Orchestral Hall, or to the Main Mix (where you would configure your own reverb settings for the section rather than use a configured global hall). Depending on which template you chose, you could then type in the articulations on each midi channel tied to the VI, or if you are using a single VI instance for a multi (with no additional midi channels), then nothing else is left to configure. Just set it and forget it.

In the case of TrackPacks, there will be an included NKM patch that is used for the preconfigured Kontakt Instrument TrackTemplate. If you are not using VEPRO, Kontakt (and the NKM) will already be preloaded on the track, making it a right-click away at loading it up. If you are using VEPRO, you would have to add that Kontakt NKM to your VEPRO instance and just replace the Kontakt plugin with your VEPRO plugin.

As for updates, there will be continued updates when needed. Regarding TrackPacks, VST updates are handled automatically when you update your personal plugins since they just point to a certain plugin ID. Most Kontakt instruments do not see incremental updates - but if for some reason, there is a change in the scripting portion of the NKI or NKM, updates will be made available for the respective TrackPacks.

Regarding Reapack - Presently, there are no plans to integrate with Reapack for a variety of reasons. It is a great utility and serves a wonderful purpose, but for OTR, it could potentially hinder workflow versus improve it. That's not to say that choice may be reversed at some point in the future though.

Longterm, I would hope to have this more integrated with the Reaper Team as they can focus on Audio Engine functionality and producers/composers of different genres of music could work on workflow functionality in ways like OTR accomplishes. I have a few ideas on how it could be integrated really easily. That'd actually be ideal.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
bcslaam

Cheers, great answers! This looks good for the Reaper community.
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #8
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcslaam View Post
Cheers, great answers! This looks good for the Reaper community.
Thanks! I hope it can provide the same joy to the users creating music as it has brought me by removing the roadblocks from traditional DAW workflows!
Old 01-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #9
peter5992

Quote:
Hey guys. I'm not sure if this thread is in the appropriate forum, so please feel free to move it as needed.

But I wanted to take a minute today to introduce something that has been a big part of my workflow that I am now making available publicly.

If you are on this forum, you know how incredible Reaper is. You also know the genius developer mindset it took to craft a program customizable for everyone. Many people have moved from ProTools, but the composer community has inherent challenges with transitioning to any DAW. While Reaper is listed as the #3 DAW behind Cubase and Logic among users on VI-Control, we all know it could be so much more widely accepted if the users understood how to program.

The truth is most don't. Some that do, may not have time to build the infrastructure they require. The ones that take the time, end up here. That leaves pre-packaged, out-of-the-box DAWs as the answer for most composers.

So, as I've explored all of the DAWs in the composer world (since the dawn of eMagic's Logic), I finally decided to jump headfirst into Reaper and develop out the infrastructure required for composers. Let's call it a potential industry-standard workflow for the future - a workflow that is not able to happen with other DAWs. Yet, it is the workflow that everyone strives to reach.

So with that said, I'd like to introduce Orchestral Template for Reaper (OTR). It is a package of 250 custom scripts and actions that build upon the Reaper platform. It is kinda like a spit and polished interface for composers (especially those that do not have the desire to program). But that's not all. There are additional features being introduced with OTR that consist of pre-configured Orchestral Templates, and a new feature I'm calling TrackPacks - which make loading everything needed for an orchestral session just a right-click away. In essence, everything a composer would need is just a menu tab or a click away. No more figuring out track routing. No more fighting to set up virtual orchestral halls. No more spaghetti wiring of groups, aux tracks, midi tracks, VI output tracks, etc. It is a masterclass in track organization with a perfected workflow for composers.

The pre-order period reflects a 50% introductory package bundle price that runs until the release date of February 14, 2017 and is available at otr.storyteller.im

There are 11 walkthrough videos available on the website, with many more to come. I hope you enjoy this product. Here is the teaser video below.

Interesting ... I am intrigued by how you create the different scrips. Is it customizable? There's at least two things I'd like to change:

1. I like to order my instrument groups as woodwinds - brass - percussion - keys - strings, similar to traditional symphonic score.

2. I have a surround setup (well at least quadrophonic for music) - I'm using a different reverb for the rear channels (almost always Eastwest's Spaces - they have different impulses for front and rear reverbs, very nice).

Also, how does this work with different themes? I don't use the default theme but usually Alberto's PT 2.0.5 theme, sometimes the PT12 theme, and once it's released, plan to use the new Imperial theme (depending on how the main edit window will look - right now it's way too dark for my eyes).

Remind, what is the exact pricing again?
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #10
storyteller

Hey Peter! I just wanted to make sure I posted this reply here as well as the main forum discussion on VIC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Interesting ... I am intrigued by how you create the different scrips. Is it customizable? There's at least two things I'd like to change:

1. I like to order my instrument groups as woodwinds - brass - percussion - keys - strings, similar to traditional symphonic score.
Yep! It is as simple as dragging around the categories into the order you wish. If you wanted to dive into changing the button order on the menus to correspond with your new order, you can right click on the menu, click customize, then drag the buttons around too. Trying to rename the category tracks (the VI-C tracks) everywhere is not recommended though because each track contains attached configuration information that makes the template work.
Quote:
2. I have a surround setup (well at least quadrophonic for music) - I'm using a different reverb for the rear channels (almost always Eastwest's Spaces - they have different impulses for front and rear reverbs, very nice).
Yep! I haven't spotlighted this feature yet, but I plan on adding a video for it. In addition to the standard stereo routing that all of the videos have demonstrated, there is also a "classic quad" mode that allows you to do just that, including rendering to quad stems. Full 5.1 and up will be added at a later point though.
Quote:
Also, how does this work with different themes? I don't use the default theme but usually Alberto's PT 2.0.5 theme, sometimes the PT12 theme, and once it's released, plan to use the new Imperial theme (depending on how the main edit window will look - right now it's way too dark for my eyes).
Yes - with a caveat. If the template supports all of the custom track lane skins that the standard Reaper theme used in OTR, then it will be seamless. If the template does not have all of the different track lane skins (such as faders on the track, or long text boxes, etc), then it will still work, but the template might have a slightly different workflow due to those changes. That might be what you want though! That's the beauty of Reaper.
Quote:
Remind, what is the exact pricing again?
Introductory pricing is $119 through February 14, 2017 and also includes the TrackPack Collection bundle (which will all be sold separately after the launch). This reflects in a 50% preorder bundle price savings. The retail price of OTR moving forward will be $129 and the included TrackPacks will all be sold separately.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #11
Andrew479

Anyone should gather knowledge IMHO and build their own orchestral template based on what they have available. It's made for specific workflow and one gets to know their content, as well as all the routing capabilities of REAPER. One size fits all solutions tend to be messy, bulky or expensive.
Andrew479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew479 View Post
Anyone should gather knowledge IMHO and build their own orchestral template based on what they have available. It's made for specific workflow and one gets to know their content, as well as all the routing capabilities of REAPER. One size fits all solutions tend to be messy, bulky or expensive.
I don't disagree that knowing what is going on beneath the hood is important. That appeals to certain mindsets. But that's also like telling everyone they should manufacture their own car, build their own house, or do the plumbing themselves. Some people actually do all of those things. Some would rather just live in the house, drive the car they picked out, or call a plumber when there's a clog. Some will stand over the plumber's shoulder to figure out how to do it for themselves the next time.

But OTR might actually surprise you. It isn't built for a pre-made workflow. It is built for everyone's workflow. Using the car analogy, it doesn't enforce everyone to take specific roads to the destination. But it does serve as a GPS system that helps navigate the route and gives the user a set of luxuries that makes driving enjoyable. The alternative would be given no directions, then using hand signals while driving, and eventually having to stop and ask others for directions when lost. The alternative is actually more messy.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #13
Geoff-h3o

Default Pricing

Still showing incorrectly :

"Introductory pricing is $119 through February 14, 2017 and also includes the TrackPack Collection bundle (which will all be sold separately after the launch). This reflects in a 50% preorder bundle price savings. The retail price of OTR moving forward will be $129 and the included TrackPacks will all be sold separately. "
;-)

This looks v interesting to me and am sure it's worth it, but have difficulty convincing myself in relation to the price of Reaper itself ( well personal use price that is).
Geoff-h3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:36 AM   #14
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-h3o View Post
Still showing incorrectly :

"Introductory pricing is $119 through February 14, 2017 and also includes the TrackPack Collection bundle (which will all be sold separately after the launch). This reflects in a 50% preorder bundle price savings. The retail price of OTR moving forward will be $129 and the included TrackPacks will all be sold separately. "
;-)

This looks v interesting to me and am sure it's worth it, but have difficulty convincing myself in relation to the price of Reaper itself ( well personal use price that is).
Thanks! Just keep watching for the new videos. There are a couple of major features I haven't discussed yet (or even hinted at their existence) that will be pretty game-changing when revealed.

As for the pricing not showing correctly, what is it that you are seeing on your end? I certainly want to make sure to be explaining the pricing model clearly. It should show a $119 sale price with a retail bundle price of $239 on the store. Originally the retail price reflected the price of $129 (as that is what it will be moving forward and it will not include the TrackPacks that are included in the pre-order bundle), but that seemed to cause confusion since the bundle + 11 TrackPacks is a $239 value. The TrackPacks in the Collection series will retail for $9.99 each. I could see going either way with how it is listed on the store, but I decided the bundle retail price made the most sense based on the feedback.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
Geoff-h3o

Default Pricing

Sorry, mis-understood.
Geoff-h3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #16
gmgmgm

Do you expect to have a list of the VI instruments to be included in the initial release? I've tried checking the TrackPack product descriptions, but none of them seem to detail which instruments are/will be covered.
gmgmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:46 PM   #17
peter5992

Quote:
Hey Peter! I just wanted to make sure I posted this reply here as well as the main forum discussion on VIC.

Yep! It is as simple as dragging around the categories into the order you wish. If you wanted to dive into changing the button order on the menus to correspond with your new order, you can right click on the menu, click customize, then drag the buttons around too. Trying to rename the category tracks (the VI-C tracks) everywhere is not recommended though because each track contains attached configuration information that makes the template work.

Yep! I haven't spotlighted this feature yet, but I plan on adding a video for it. In addition to the standard stereo routing that all of the videos have demonstrated, there is also a "classic quad" mode that allows you to do just that, including rendering to quad stems. Full 5.1 and up will be added at a later point though.

Yes - with a caveat. If the template supports all of the custom track lane skins that the standard Reaper theme used in OTR, then it will be seamless. If the template does not have all of the different track lane skins (such as faders on the track, or long text boxes, etc), then it will still work, but the template might have a slightly different workflow due to those changes. That might be what you want though! That's the beauty of Reaper.

Introductory pricing is $119 through February 14, 2017 and also includes the TrackPack Collection bundle (which will all be sold separately after the launch). This reflects in a 50% preorder bundle price savings. The retail price of OTR moving forward will be $129 and the included TrackPacks will all be sold separately.
Thanks Jonathan - yeah, I saw that on VI. I have some follow up questions, going to post those on VI Control to avoid duplication.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 AM   #18
X-Raym

Congrats for this release !
Very nice looking website, a lots of high quality tutorial/presentation,
I'm not into orchestral composition at this moment but it looks very powerful !
Quite impressive release as first posts on the REAPER forum !
it seems that you did a LOT of ReaScripting on your own, I'm surprise we didn't see you more on dedicated subforum before

(just a small issue, there some some HTML entity visible on your main page http://otr.storyteller.im/ :P)

Cheers !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #19
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-h3o View Post
Sorry, mis-understood.
No worries
Old 02-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #20
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmgmgm View Post
Do you expect to have a list of the VI instruments to be included in the initial release? I've tried checking the TrackPack product descriptions, but none of them seem to detail which instruments are/will be covered.
The final list for what is included in the initial launch of the TrackPacks probably won't be posted up until closer to the release date. But as soon as the lists are finalized, I will make a post here about it. But moving forward, all of the TrackPacks will be continually updated to ensure that the most popular plugins in those categories will be preconfigured - just a right click away.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #21
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Congrats for this release !
Very nice looking website, a lots of high quality tutorial/presentation,
I'm not into orchestral composition at this moment but it looks very powerful !
Quite impressive release as first posts on the REAPER forum !
it seems that you did a LOT of ReaScripting on your own, I'm surprise we didn't see you more on dedicated subforum before

(just a small issue, there some some HTML entity visible on your main page http://otr.storyteller.im/ :P)

Cheers !
Thanks! That means a lot! I've certainly seen all that you've contributed to the Reaper community and it really is quite incredible.
As for OTR, I'm really excited about the release and I'm also looking forward to becoming a more active member on this forum. In the days to come I'll also be adding a number of new videos - I've recorded 9 more and should have them edited and posted in the next day or two, with more to come after that....a couple of those spotlighting some really incredible features that I have yet to mention anywhere.

Also - thanks for catching that HTML entity on the website! I'm guessing it imported a little strangely from the development server (it was supposed to be an apostrophe). But it's fixed now
Old 02-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #22
peter5992

Well, I'm in Jonathan - excited to see it coming.

By the way, what are TrackPacks?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #23
EvilDragon

Basically track templates with routing already set to fit into OTR template.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #24
memyselfandus

That's what I was thinking. Sounds really cool. I would imagine lots of this stuff would be available for free from other users? What separates this apart from templates we can find from other users on the stash and so on? I wonder
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #25
EvilDragon

Watch the videos.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #26
storyteller

Quote:
Well, I'm in Jonathan - excited to see it coming.

By the way, what are TrackPacks?
Wonderful! Great to have you on board! As ED mentioned, Trackpacks are basically pre-setup tracktemplates for OTR for the most popular VIs. Basically, you don't have to worry about even adding your plugin. It's just there. With that said, depending on which plugin is automatically loaded, you may still have to point it to where your sample libraries are stored the first time it launches. In some cases (since the TrackPack libraries are still in their infancy and just getting started with working with developers), you may have to load the plugin, but all of the naming and routing will be setup. Either way, after that first time, just save it and it will be ready each time for you from that point forward. TrackPacks are just another way OTR can improve workflow efficiency. They will be updated as new templates are added to the TrackPacks. Of course you can setup your own too. Videos are coming that will demonstrate the process.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #27
peter5992

Quote:
Wonderful! Great to have you on board! As ED mentioned, Trackpacks are basically pre-setup tracktemplates for OTR for the most popular VIs. Basically, you don't have to worry about even adding your plugin. It's just there. With that said, depending on which plugin is automatically loaded, you may still have to point it to where your sample libraries are stored the first time it launches. In some cases (since the TrackPack libraries are still in their infancy and just getting started with working with developers), you may have to load the plugin, but all of the naming and routing will be setup. Either way, after that first time, just save it and it will be ready each time for you from that point forward. TrackPacks are just another way OTR can improve workflow efficiency. They will be updated as new templates are added to the TrackPacks. Of course you can setup your own too. Videos are coming that will demonstrate the process.
Ah - cool. I have Komplete 10 Ultimate (including Kontakt 5) but my no. 1 go to plugin is Eastwest's Play, including the Hollywood Orchestra (platinum, with multiple mikes etc), the older Symphonic Orchestra, and pretty much everything they released in the past decade or so.

I've been planning to put together a decent orchestral template for several years now, but knowing me, it's one of those things that keeps getting pushed to the back burner ... so in terms of timing this is pretty welcome. Whenever I start a new project, I usually start from scratch, setting up file folders, loading instruments, etc. One of the reasons is that I like to keep it simple and stupid - if I have to stare at hundreds of tracks at the same time, I go nuts. That also means that my midi mockups are pretty crude, with the stuff I have I could do so much better ... time for Spring clean start.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #28
storyteller

Quote:
Ah - cool. I have Komplete 10 Ultimate (including Kontakt 5) but my no. 1 go to plugin is Eastwest's Play, including the Hollywood Orchestra (platinum, with multiple mikes etc), the older Symphonic Orchestra, and pretty much everything they released in the past decade or so.

I've been planning to put together a decent orchestral template for several years now, but knowing me, it's one of those things that keeps getting pushed to the back burner ... so in terms of timing this is pretty welcome. Whenever I start a new project, I usually start from scratch, setting up file folders, loading instruments, etc. One of the reasons is that I like to keep it simple and stupid - if I have to stare at hundreds of tracks at the same time, I go nuts. That also means that my midi mockups are pretty crude, with the stuff I have I could do so much better ... time for Spring clean start.
Play is one of the pre-loaded VIs you can choose when loading a track template. Should make swift work for your spring cleaning
Old 02-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #29
storyteller

I added some new videos today including a 3 part series on the included midi functionality within OTR. The videos are available on the website at Http://otr.storyteller.im as well as the Storyteller Youtube channel.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #30
hopi

nice work... pre order done just now

while I believe I could do most of this, hey... it's more than worth the pre order cost to have it done for me and not have to take the time...

thinking I will set up a dedicated portable version of reaper to load this into so I don't mess with my normal portable version which is already deeply customized...

one thought on the themes... it miight be great to have a list of a few themes that will work perfectly with OTR....
I wonder if cincicat's stuff will be friendly with it? to really get his work one has to donate but they are well worth it IMO... I mention them because he is one theme who stays with text labels and also who provides some 'magical' layouts.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #31
hopi

comment: looking at the youtube videos... just did the midi 1 and IMO there is a major problem in that while you talk about the 'icons' ... I assume text icons in the ME toolbar ??? we never see the icons... because of the framing of the ME in the video... unless I'm missing something it don't make sense to me to speak about an icon we don't see, ... is this just me???

EDIT ah it IS me... hahaha works OK if we go to full screen... sorry about that

Last edited by hopi; 02-04-2017 at 12:17 AM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #32
memyselfandus

Quote:

Wow. Just watched a couple videos. This will be Huge for Reaper users who don't want to futz with making and saving track templates for hours. Amazing work! this is a very important addition to the reaper community.
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #33
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
nice work... pre order done just now

while I believe I could do most of this, hey... it's more than worth the pre order cost to have it done for me and not have to take the time...

thinking I will set up a dedicated portable version of reaper to load this into so I don't mess with my normal portable version which is already deeply customized...

one thought on the themes... it miight be great to have a list of a few themes that will work perfectly with OTR....
I wonder if cincicat's stuff will be friendly with it? to really get his work one has to donate but they are well worth it IMO... I mention them because he is one theme who stays with text labels and also who provides some 'magical' layouts.
Thanks! I do plan on doing a quick video showcasing some of the various skins. That seem to be a common question that keeps bubbling up. So keep an eye out for that.

As for the install process, I'm trying to make it as single-click-install easy as possible. As it looks now, you should be able to leave your existing Reaper install alone as this will basically "portable install itself" with everything pre-configured. But I am still finalizing the install process. I'll know for sure in the days to come. Kind of a nice surprise to all of this, right?
Old 02-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #34
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandus View Post
Wow. Just watched a couple videos. This will be Huge for Reaper users who don't want to futz with making and saving track templates for hours. Amazing work! this is a very important addition to the reaper community.
Thank you so much! I'm really hoping this will help many users migrate over to Reaper that may have been scared away by the do-it-yourself approach. Building bridges... so we can all just go make music and quit figuring out "how" to make the music we want to make.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #35
hopi

Quote:
Thanks! I do plan on doing a quick video showcasing some of the various skins. That seem to be a common question that keeps bubbling up. So keep an eye out for that.

As for the install process, I'm trying to make it as single-click-install easy as possible. As it looks now, you should be able to leave your existing Reaper install alone as this will basically "portable install itself" with everything pre-configured. But I am still finalizing the install process. I'll know for sure in the days to come. Kind of a nice surprise to all of this, right?
sounds good... so a thought might be for you to include some of the working other themes [skins - but we call them themes] in that package.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #36
Gerry P

Quote:
cincikat69 - I use his Triton theme

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...54&postcount=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandus View Post
+1... I was in a few days ago.. BEFORE the midi videos... now I really can't wait!
Old 02-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #37
storyteller

Quote:
sounds good... so a thought might be for you to include some of the working other themes [skins - but we call them themes] in that package.
Already ahead of you on that one I do have some of the most popular ones included.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #38
storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry P View Post
cincikat69 - I use his Triton theme

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...54&postcount=7

+1... I was in a few days ago.. BEFORE the midi videos... now I really can't wait!
There are more videos still on the way
Old 02-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #39
hopi

Quote:
Already ahead of you on that one I do have some of the most popular ones included.

good I'll just shut up and wait then...
Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #40
storyteller

Quote:
good I'll just shut up and wait then...
Haha. No seriously - keep it coming! I love the suggestions. I'm actually glad I had already combed through many of the themes during development. In the end, this is a product for musicians to feel whole doing what they do while allowing OTR to stand true to the Reaper Community. So, let's build it big and build it together! That's what its all about.