Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #4001
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings

ho ho ho
here is that invisible cosmetics i guess

Skin file: PanelA_TOP.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: PanelA_MID.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: PanelA_BOT.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Slider_FG.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18G.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18R.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18T.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Bar.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarR.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarUD.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ArrowUp.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ArrowDown.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ListHighlight.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarG.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18Y.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: SliderButton.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Star.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: StarOut.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_pop.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_popbar.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_popbarr.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_lp.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: arrow_updown.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: arrow_lr.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-14-2017 at 05:01 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #4002
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ho ho ho
here is that invisible cosmetics i guess

Skin file: PanelA_TOP.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: PanelA_MID.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: PanelA_BOT.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Slider_FG.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18G.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18R.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18T.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Bar.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarR.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarUD.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ArrowUp.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ArrowDown.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: ListHighlight.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: BarG.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Button18Y.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: SliderButton.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: Star.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: StarOut.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_pop.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_popbar.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_popbarr.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: morph_lp.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: arrow_updown.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Skin file: arrow_lr.png missing. Please ensure you have the latest skin folder from LBXCS_resources.zip on github installed inside your LBXCS_resources folder.
Aaaah - I had code in to make sure that wasn't an issue - but it disappeared at some point (between working in studio and house)...

anyway - new update should work...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #4003
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Aaaah - I had code in to make sure that wasn't an issue - but it disappeared at some point (between working in studio and house)...

anyway - new update should work...
yep all good now
Thank you so much!

i love the Take Switch Mode!
of course had an idea instantly..
if the lua supports ..actually if you think also worth to bother
seeing take number while drawing steps..
would give great comfort imho.

and a tiny cosmetic one..seems fonts a bit dark

let me say.. as always nothing urgent.

EDIT:
forgot the new fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxhZ...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-15-2017, 01:12 AM   #4004
lb0

Quote:
yep all good now
Thank you so much!

i love the Take Switch Mode!
of course had an idea instantly..
if the lua supports ..actually if you think also worth to bother
seeing take number while drawing steps..
would give great comfort imho.

and a tiny cosmetic one..seems fonts a bit dark

let me say.. as always nothing urgent.

EDIT:
forgot the new fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxhZ...ature=youtu.be
Oops - like i said earlier - had all that sorted - and then obviously discarded the wrong version of the project :|

Anyway - done again - hopefully sorted.

And yes - I have plans to add Take number when editing mods (in Take mode)

EDIT: BTW - in take mode - best to leave MIN at 0. I haven't properly tested with any other value - and reasonable chance it won't work properly (although I'm sure you'll tell me )
Old 09-15-2017, 03:54 AM   #4005
timbralzoom

plans ?
well...update says something else
i even able to assign same Modulator to two different Take Switchers in different Snapshots successfully!!
but..then..

also switching tracks from Stripper's browser while take modulation:
LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:7722: attempt to index a nil value (local 'ctl')

ill continue to push harder..
Old 09-15-2017, 04:16 AM   #4006
lb0

Quote:
plans ?
well...update says something else
i even able to assign same Modulator to two different Take Switchers in different Snapshots successfully!!
but..then..

also switching tracks from Stripper's browser while take modulation:
LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:7722: attempt to index a nil value (local 'ctl')

ill continue to push harder..
Have fixed (partially) - the mode change button. It still will say bad string - but that's only because the saved modulators in the snapshot don't contain the mode parameter. But you can now switch the mode - and resave the snapshot if it bothers you.

Second issue - I haven't been able to repeat yet. Can you give me any extra details?
Old 09-15-2017, 04:35 AM   #4007
timbralzoom

Quote:
Have fixed (partially) - the mode change button. It still will say bad string - but that's only because the saved modulators in the snapshot don't contain the mode parameter. But you can now switch the mode - and resave the snapshot if it bothers you.

Second issue - I haven't been able to repeat yet. Can you give me any extra details?
didn't update to this one yet (want to capture "7722" first)

vid. might give better idea (still in process to HQ)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...m8tX1NlOERpc2s

ill try in a fresh project after update soon.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #4008
lb0

Quote:
didn't update to this one yet (want to capture "7722" first)

vid. might give better idea (still in process to HQ)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...m8tX1NlOERpc2s

ill try in a fresh project after update soon.
Aah - I think I know what the problem is.

Please try the update...
Old 09-15-2017, 05:19 AM   #4009
timbralzoom

first seemed fine but here is what i get...
tried to record weird sequence a few times & no audio..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...FA5VndyYm9kY3c

EDIT:
i am not sure but i think we need a "block/not allow" function, avoid to assign same modulator more than one Take switcher..in the same snapshot.
&
if make sense any
after (i think) first <bad string> all 32 modulators starts to shows bad string..

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-15-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:31 AM   #4010
lb0

Quote:
first seemed fine but here is what i get...
tried to record weird sequence a few times & no audio..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...FA5VndyYm9kY3c

EDIT:
i am not sure but i think we need a "block/not allow" function, avoid to assign same modulator more than one Take switcher..in the same snapshot.
&
if make sense any
after (i think) first <bad string> all 32 modulators starts to shows bad string..
I'm not sure that's the issue - the issue I think was simply I forgot to save the mode setting in the snapshots. So it captures and stores them - until you restart the script - then it's forgotten the setting.

Have updated to fix this issue - hopefully
Old 09-15-2017, 05:46 AM   #4011
timbralzoom

Quote:
I'm not sure that's the issue - the issue I think was simply I forgot to save the mode setting in the snapshots. So it captures and stores them - until you restart the script - then it's forgotten the setting.

Have updated to fix this issue - hopefully
yes! all ok now

ah! my fault, i wasn't pointing the issue ..
just a warning might be good ..something like..
do not assign same modulator more than one Strip Switchers!
if the switchers in same page/track/strip no problem..(can easily realize - find the problem i mean)
but might cause confusion if in different track/strip.
or am i just confusing - complicating things unnecessarily?

EDIT:
3 Take Switchers..

Randomize PAGE:
LBX Stripper.lua:42949: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'maxtakes')

Randomize Subset:
LBX Stripper.lua:42986: attempt to index a number value (local 'ctl')

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-15-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #4012
lb0

Quote:
yes! all ok now

ah! my fault, i wasn't pointing the issue ..
just a warning might be good ..something like..
do not assign same modulator more than one Strip Switchers!
if the switchers in same page/track/strip no problem..(can easily realize - find the problem i mean)
but might cause confusion if in different track/strip.
or am i just confusing - complicating things unnecessarily?
No - I don't think you need to worry. There's no problem assigning to different take switchers - even on different tracks. The problem was with the graphics updating routines - when the track changes - it tried to mark a non-existent control for update (causing the error). Now it first checks the strip and page are correct before marking the control for update. If the control is not visible (ie. on a different strip) - then it doesn't need to update the controls graphic...

Anyway - thanks as always for finding these bugs

EDIT: To be clear - you CAN assign modulator to more than one take switcher at once - it should work just fine
Old 09-15-2017, 07:06 AM   #4013
timbralzoom

Quote:
No - I don't think you need to worry. There's no problem assigning to different take switchers - even on different tracks. The problem was with the graphics updating routines - when the track changes - it tried to mark a non-existent control for update (causing the error). Now it first checks the strip and page are correct before marking the control for update. If the control is not visible (ie. on a different strip) - then it doesn't need to update the controls graphic...

Anyway - thanks as always for finding these bugs

EDIT: To be clear - you CAN assign modulator to more than one take switcher at once - it should work just fine
that's why i am here (being your headache)

ehamm..
Modulators CAN assign more than one Take Switchers.. OK..
but what if one has 100 and other 400 takes?
or you saying "just let the Randomness lead you"

i already will keep all the Take Switchers in same page..
anyway..

i just edited my post above..but just in case:
3 Take Switchers..

Randomize PAGE:
LBX Stripper.lua:42949: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'maxtakes')

Randomize Subset:

EDIT:
after creating Subset and crash PAGE Randomize started to work... but Subset Randomize still crashes
if make sense

EDIT2:
BTW.
i have plenty of free time ..that's why i am testing fast right now.. i mean no need to hurry, nothing urgent!

EDIT3:

i should realize this at the beginning but anyway

seems Subsets doesn't capture the Take Switchers.. am i missing something obvious?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-15-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #4014
lb0

Quote:
that's why i am here (being your headache)

ehamm..
Modulators CAN assign more than one Take Switchers.. OK..
but what if one has 100 and other 400 takes?
or you saying "just let the Randomness lead you"

i already will keep all the Take Switchers in same page..
anyway..

i just edited my post above..but just in case:
3 Take Switchers..

Randomize PAGE:

Randomize Subset:

EDIT:
after creating Subset and crash PAGE Randomize started to work... but Subset Randomize still crashes
if make sense

EDIT2:
BTW.
i have plenty of free time ..that's why i am testing fast right now.. i mean no need to hurry, nothing urgent!

EDIT3:

i should realize this at the beginning but anyway

seems Subsets doesn't capture the Take Switchers.. am i missing something obvious?
Your testing is very much appreciated - as you can tell - I don't have a lot of free time and end up adding code during breaks and in the evening. Quite often clearly without testing thoroughly enough

If a take has 100 and another 400 - and you assign a modulator to it - if the modulator sets say 150 - then both will be put on TAKE 150 - except the smaller set will show an empty take. No bother - just this is what happens. I could use the modulus of the number to ensure a valid take is accepted - but this would be completely unpredicatable if ever you add more takes to an item. So best leave it working as is.

New update - hopefully fixes randomizing issues - no idea why they were cropping up though - seems maybe the data had got slightly squiffy - so restarting at least partially fixed it. Had you been deleting controls?

EDIT:

Subsets recalling for take switchers seems buggy - looking into...

EDIT2:

Fixed error which prevented take switchers being included when capturing snapshot data!! doh!! I've really had a nightmare with this one

Still - they are all really small trivial fixes - so nothing major to fix yet

Last edited by lb0; 09-15-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #4015
timbralzoom

i created a fresh test project from scratch, now all works great!
will continue testing more..
as always Thank you so much!

btw. off topic but...
also testing TDR Limiter No 6 demo..love it!
i think i found purchase of the next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQac...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
PAGE / Clone to Subset (ctls only) drops the Take Switchers.. have to LEARN them manually in new Subset.
Subset clone is fine.

EDIT2:
and a Q.
i hope i can explain well..
Take Switchers
working absolutely great with the one shot drums (Sampler-Kontakt in my case) and wave loops
but when it comes to synths sample based or vsti synths...
no matter automate or manually switching, i get stuck notes most of the time ..
and i just found
"Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs/plug-ins [F3]" action ..it works great so far i tested..
even might be stupid one but worth to try anyway
here is the question

is it possible to include this action in to Take Switcher?
first trigger/apply the switch.. then trigger this action instantly?
EDIT3:
a simple demonstration
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...2NQTUxibnU3WHc

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-16-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #4016
ThrashJazzAssassin

Added some strips to my github repo
https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips

Old 09-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #4017
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Added some strips to my github repo
https://github.com/ThrashJazzAssassin/LBX-Strips
WOW!!! Thank you.

Last edited by lb0; 09-16-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #4018
lb0

Quote:
i created a fresh test project from scratch, now all works great!
will continue testing more..
as always Thank you so much!

btw. off topic but...
also testing TDR Limiter No 6 demo..love it!
i think i found purchase of the next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQac...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
PAGE / Clone to Subset (ctls only) drops the Take Switchers.. have to LEARN them manually in new Subset.
Subset clone is fine.

EDIT2:
and a Q.
i hope i can explain well..
Take Switchers
working absolutely great with the one shot drums (Sampler-Kontakt in my case) and wave loops
but when it comes to synths sample based or vsti synths...
no matter automate or manually switching, i get stuck notes most of the time ..
and i just found
"Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs/plug-ins [F3]" action ..it works great so far i tested..
here is the question

EDIT3:
a simple demonstration
I shall see what I can do

I was thinking of sending all notes off message myself - but then thought you can't from reascript - but didn't think of using an action

Also - will fix the cloning....
Old 09-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #4019
timbralzoom

Wow! looks lovely!
Thank you TJA!

EDIT:

Quote:
I shall see what I can do

I was thinking of sending all notes off message myself - but then thought you can't from reascript - but didn't think of using an action

Also - will fix the cloning....
fingers crossed!

&
new wacky one.. specific to the Take Switcher
alternatively show take Name or Numbers..
wouldn't be useful in some cases?

EDIT2:
TOL moment..
ability to link Take Switchers to simulate Grouped Take behavior.. would handy i guess
for example (picture above) linking Main1 & Main2 also fill-1 & fill-3

EDIT3:
seems Strip Set can't save (or recall) the Take Switcher's assignments to takes... shows <bad string>..
after re assign them they starts to work even snapshots works correctly. if make sense.

EDIT4:
Strip Sets & REX files (imported single loop-able mode)

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-16-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #4020
Arthur McArthur

Found a crash when trying to access a strip switcher page whose name I previously left empty, saved the strip, loaded up and:

https://imgur.com/a/Q43lZ
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #4021
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Found a crash when trying to access a strip switcher page whose name I previously left empty, saved the strip, loaded up and:

Regarding the control you couldn't delete - was it a graphics control?

Will look into above error.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #4022
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post

Hi Arthur,
is this with latest version? line number doesn't make sense to me and cannot easily work out where the error occurs exactly. Would you mind trying with the latest version and let me know the line number of the error. Thanks.

Even better might be to send me the offending 'nil' strip file - and i'll test it here.

Last edited by lb0; 09-16-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #4023
lb0

Quote:
and i just found
here is the question

EDIT3:
a simple demonstration
I've been testing this out - and it doesn't really work well in the context of the take switch feature.

If you have more than one take switcher - switching at different times - each one triggering an all tracks notes off command - you end up with notes cut short all over the place.

I've also tried selecting just the tracks needing note offs and running the S&M call to send note offs to selected tracks action. But this seems to add a horrible latency when triggered (ie. audio glitches out of time badly). So this seems no good either.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #4024
timbralzoom

Quote:
I've been testing this out - and it doesn't really work well in the context of the take switch feature.

If you have more than one take switcher - switching at different times - each one triggering an all tracks notes off command - you end up with notes cut short all over the place.

I've also tried selecting just the tracks needing note offs and running the S&M call to send note offs to selected tracks action. But this seems to add a horrible latency when triggered (ie. audio glitches out of time badly). So this seems no good either.
OK
i didn't realize sending it different times would necessary but yes ...
anyway..
only solution seems try to stick with the plucked sounds then..
Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #4025
lb0

Quote:
OK
i didn't realize sending it different times would necessary but yes ...
anyway..
only solution seems try to stick with the plucked sounds then..
I've been thinking . Maybe I could create a tiny jsfx plugin - that could trigger an all notes off msg on the track it's loaded on. This could be linked to the takeswitcher (ie. takeswitcher triggers it). So when a particular takeswitcher triggers - it only sends a note off for the relevant track.

Anyway - still thinking on it.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #4026
lb0

Update - minor one.

Fixed clone page to subset so it should transfer takeswitchers.

Have included the code so far for the all notes off. But it doesn't work very well - and doesn't save its settings yet. Maybe I can improve it with using the jsfx method.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #4027
timbralzoom

Quote:
I've been thinking . Maybe I could create a tiny jsfx plugin - that could trigger an all notes off msg on the track it's loaded on. This could be linked to the takeswitcher (ie. takeswitcher triggers it). So when a particular takeswitcher triggers - it only sends a note off for the relevant track.

Anyway - still thinking on it.
sounds promising
Old 09-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #4028
timbralzoom

Quote:
Update - minor one.

Fixed clone page to subset so it should transfer takeswitchers.

Have included the code so far for the all notes off. But it doesn't work very well - and doesn't save its settings yet. Maybe I can improve it with using the jsfx method.
i can confirm Page clone is fine now!
also activated the Send Note Offs in that simple demonstration (video) project
seems works with no problem here!
will test more

Thank you so much!
Old 09-17-2017, 03:38 AM   #4029
lb0

Quote:
i can confirm Page clone is fine now!
also activated the Send Note Offs in that simple demonstration (video) project
seems works with no problem here!
will test more

Thank you so much!
It works ok in some cases. The cases it fails is when say you have a single midi note spanning the entire looped section (say playing an arp in a VSTi). When the all notes off is triggered - it cuts this midi note right from thew start which doesn't get retriggered until it loops around again - when it likely gets cut off again. Hence that part just doesn't play properly.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #4030
timbralzoom

yes it would great also use suspended/chord type materials without problem..
a little bit selfishly i know but .. i am absolutely gratefully happy with the current

&
i get
LBX Stripper.lua:20509: attempt to index a nil value (field 'iteminfo')

error all over the place
-load StripSET.. add a new Take Switcher right click to assign new takes : error.
-load Strip.. right click to re assign the take : error
-load strip.. copy controls to main Strip window right click to re assign the take: error

after loading strip if i delete the original Take Switcher and add new one and assign the take to it it works..but after i copy this newly added one to main strip window and try to re assign the take same error happens again.

short:
seems the only way to avoid "20509" ..
do not duplicate & do not copy..always add new Take Switcher and re assign the take.

EDIT:
re assigning take(s) works in Strip SET only.

EDIT2:
latest finding..
i was saving the Strip with non assigned Take Switcher before..
now i just tried to save Strip with assigned Take Switcher..
Strip opens with <bad string> message on Take Switcher.. but allows me to re assign to take and doesn't gives that 20509 error.
i hope make sense

EDIT3:
and a Q.

in this setup Shift+Mouse Wheel works nicely for switching takes one by one..
but only if i roll mousewheel (in my case) DOWN .. rolling UP needs more (x10) movement to switch one take up..
is it normal?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #4031
lb0

Quote:
yes it would great also use suspended/chord type materials without problem..
a little bit selfishly i know but .. i am absolutely gratefully happy with the current

&
i get
LBX Stripper.lua:20509: attempt to index a nil value (field 'iteminfo')

error all over the place
-load StripSET.. add a new Take Switcher right click to assign new takes : error.
-load Strip.. right click to re assign the take : error
-load strip.. copy controls to main Strip window right click to re assign the take: error

after loading strip if i delete the original Take Switcher and add new one and assign the take to it it works..but after i copy this newly added one to main strip window and try to re assign the take same error happens again.

short:
seems the only way to avoid "20509" ..
do not duplicate & do not copy..always add new Take Switcher and re assign the take.

EDIT:
re assigning take(s) works in Strip SET only.

EDIT2:
latest finding..
i was saving the Strip with non assigned Take Switcher before..
now i just tried to save Strip with assigned Take Switcher..
Strip opens with <bad string> message on Take Switcher.. but allows me to re assign to take and doesn't gives that 20509 error.
i hope make sense
Thanks for testing all this... I will of course fix it when i get a moment.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #4032
timbralzoom

Quote:
Thanks for testing all this... I will of course fix it when i get a moment.
take you time, nothing urgent here

testing Send Note Off.. to me this is the one.. perfect!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW2Sb6tSXM
Old 09-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #4033
lb0

Quote:
take you time, nothing urgent here

testing Send Note Off.. to me this is the one.. perfect!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW2Sb6tSXM
Well - I've updated with the jsfx track utility for you to test.

Works pretty well here - and better than sending midi off on all tracks/channels IMO.

You'll need to download the LBX_TrackUtility JSFX I've put in github. Place that (as you know) in reaper/effects/ folder.

Let me know if it works for you. When you now activate the notes off for the takeswitcher - it should place a copy of the jsfx at the top of the track with the takes on. So you need do nothing extra.

By default the new JSFX sends out on all midi channels for the track. You can change this (in the jsfx) by changing the midi channel slider. Generally I guess it can be put on channel 1.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #4034
timbralzoom

what a timing..i take a break and opened github ..was saying just now

ok fast test

got this once
(tried to activate Note Off before re assign the take)
\LBX Stripper.lua:241: bad argument #1 to 'GetTrackGUID' (MediaTrack expected)

tested many times LBX_TrackUtility JS loaded one time so far..

and now only this message pops up:
LBX Stripper.lua:238: bad argument #1 to 'GetTrackGUID' (MediaTrack expected)

Old 09-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #4035
lb0

Quote:
what a timing..i take a break and opened github ..was saying just now

ok fast test

got this once
(tried to activate Note Off before re assign the take)
\LBX Stripper.lua:241: bad argument #1 to 'GetTrackGUID' (MediaTrack expected)

tested many times LBX_TrackUtility JS loaded one time so far..

and now only this message pops up:
oops. ok - not quite sure what's going on there - but I have updated with a few fixes for bugs I spotted. If this doesn't work - it will need to wait until tomorrow.

BTW. this may also fix the errors - but possibly not work still (if the jsfx plugin isn't linked properly). So even if the crashes go away - let me know if the note offs are triggered.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #4036
timbralzoom

still same,,
Track Utility JS not loading & error pops up

will try to test more tomorrow.

EDIT:
BTW. not just with the strip but i tried also from scratch via adding just a Take Switcher to track ..was same.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #4037
lb0

Quote:
still same,,
Track Utility JS not loading & error pops up

will try to test more tomorrow.

EDIT:
BTW. not just with the strip but i tried also from scratch via adding just a Take Switcher to track ..was same.
Ok - fresher brain found some issues with the code - which I have fixed.

Can you please try again when you get some time
Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #4038
timbralzoom

quick test.. works great!
will continue..

EDIT:
want proof?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjj...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-18-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #4039
lb0

Quote:
quick test.. works great!
will continue..

EDIT:
want proof?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjj...ature=youtu.be
Awesome - thanks for testing.

Never know - that JSFX might be handy for other LBX Stripper things too (no idea what yet though).
Old 09-18-2017, 06:46 AM   #4040
timbralzoom

Quote:
Awesome - thanks for testing.

Never know - that JSFX might be handy for other LBX Stripper things too (no idea what yet though).
Stripper community will figured all out.. i have no doubt!

new one, all audio ..
have to start to work but can't resist to create test projects over and over and..
so much fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Jf...ature=youtu.be

did i say today's Thank you so0Oo much!

EDIT:
still digging but couldn't find anything so far..
whats new to test in the latest?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-18-2017 at 02:22 PM.