Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #1
LBro
Human being with feelings

Default All Plugins in the Add Fx Window are gone but one

Hi,
Very perplexing issue on this end. When using "Add FX to Track" there is but one plugin that is displayed and no others. The plugin that is shown is the: JS Master Limiter. That is it.

The Filter is cleared, the focus is is on "All Plugins". Nothing else shows up.

I have tried:
* Uninstall Reaper - Reinstall same version.

* Uninstall Reaper - Install older version 6.10

* Checked all settings to another machine that is fine - All settings are exact or very close.

* I checked the few plugs this machine has and none are doubled up or in the wrong locations.

* I cleared and did a rescan all plugins and the do flash by and are found, but not displayed in the "Add FX to Track" area.

* Installed a new plug from scratch and it does not show up either.

* Took a wild shot at it and set Reaper to load with Administrative privileges.

I am out of ideas to try. - Do you have any? I think the next step is to blow away the preferences and restore virgin ones from another machine???

Thanks for any help you can give!

LB

Last edited by LBro; 08-10-2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Set notifications
LBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Fex

You didn't say what OS you're using, so I'm assuming Windows something. There are a few things you might try, but triple-check your VST paths for typos before you do anything too drastic.

# You could try deleting/renaming the plugin ini files. Reaper will rebuild them on relaunch. You might want to take a look at them in notepad to see if they're corrupted.

If you're showing "hidden" files and folders in Explorer, you'll find, eg
reaper-vstplugins64.ini
at
C:\Users\*LBro*\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

What's really strange here, though, is that all plugin .ini files would have to have been corrupted, not just VST. What's really, really strange is that JS master limiter has somehow survived whatever's happened.

# You'll lose any customisations you've made, but you could try resetting Reaper's configuration to factory defaults. You'd want to copy your VST paths first, and paste them back in when you're done.

If you're on Windows, the option is in your Start menu under Reaper.

I hope this helps (but I'm not optimistic, TBH).
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #3
LBro

Hi Fex!
Thanks so much for the come back!

OS is Win 10, latest version on a pretty stout machine. Resources and what not with the machine are not an issue on this one.

I will copy down what you suggested and work through the ideas... Then report back what I find. I am in the USA and working remote on the box over in Australia. So it may take a bit to coordinate.

Thanks again!
LB
Old 08-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #4
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBro View Post
I am in the USA and working remote on the box over in Australia. So it may take a bit to coordinate.
Woah! You're....9,500 miles away from the computer with the issue? I wonder if that's related?
I'm a bit closer, and I can't see your plugins either!
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:31 PM   #5
LBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
Woah! You're....9,500 miles away from the computer with the issue? I wonder if that's related?
I'm a bit closer, and I can't see your plugins either!
I don't think it is related at all... The end user reported the issue and it is the same for her, local to the machine and to me, from a bit of a distance. BTW - I would rather remote in than fly there! That is one big time flight I care to never do again...

Take good care,
LB