Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 11-25-2018, 03:41 AM   #1
JohnnysCash
Human being with feelings

Default Clean Current Project Directory Problem

Hi Dudes,

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04LTS.

Got a project with a bunch of unused takes, so went to clean current project directory from the file menu. Unfortunately no files get deleted and I am presented with the error message: Delete files error 40 files could not be deleted. (yes, I want to delete 40 files)

Hitting OK on the error pop up does nothing, so I have to hit the X to close it. No further info is given.

I tried again only this time selecting just 1 file, but same result.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be here please?

Thanks in advance guys!
JohnnysCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Folder permissions. If you installed Reaper in a folder owned by root, that would probably explain it. I chose option 2 during the install to keep Reaper's "guts" in a folder owned by the user, not root. So I don't have that problem you're mentioning.

Try starting a project in a folder that's owned by the user, not root (and make sure all the recorded files are in that folder, not in a default folder for Reaper). See if you can duplicate the problem. If it doesn't happen again, you know folder permissions are the reason.

You can choose a different default directory for your projects, recorded files, and peak files in the preferences. So you don't have to uninstall Reaper and reinstall to a new directory.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote