Old 09-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Default v5.50 - Move Automation Item Edge ?

If I place mouse pointer over say the right edge of an Automation Item (the cursor changes to ]), I then press and hold 'Control + Alt' keys and tooltip says 'Move automation item edge', I drag the AI, it does the same thing as if I just grabbed the AI without holding down any keys.

So what is 'Move automation item edge' supposed to do/how do you use it?
Thanks!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:20 AM   #2
solger

When checking the Mouse Modifiers for [Automation Item Edge] [left drag], there seems to be nothing assigned to Ctrl + Alt by default.

So this looks like to be just some kind of 'focus issue' when which tooltip is shown (in this case if either the AI or the envelope behind it is in focus).

Last edited by solger; 09-19-2017 at 04:50 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
Edgemeal

Move Automation Item Edge (MAIE) is set to default action in mouse modifiers and action is empty, so looks like the tooltip is displaying wrong info or devs forgot to set the action?

I still have no clue what that MAIE action is supposed to do, didn't find anything in the user guide about MAIE.

I just set it to no action for now I guess.
Thanks!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
... so looks like the tooltip is displaying wrong info ...
Yeah, that was also my first guess I was trying to point out in my previous post.

Quote:
I still have no clue what that MAIE action is supposed to do, didn't find anything in the user guide about MAIE.
I'd say the Action should just move the Edge of the AI (like moving the edge of a 'normal' Media Item).

On having a second look:

Setting the Default Action for [Automation Item Edge] [left drag] to [No Action] seem to have the same Behavior as using [Move automation item edge] for it.
So "Move automation item edge" seems to be still active even when using [No Action] - which might be a bug?...

EDIT: I started a thread in the bug report section about this: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....09#post1887609

Last edited by solger; 09-19-2017 at 10:08 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote