Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #601
Heb
Human being with feelings

I don't know how to read crash dumps but I saw Native Instruments kontakt mentioned in the file..

I had some trouble with Trigger from Slate Digital crashing reaper all the time when eucon was enabled.

I think it's because of the huge amount of parameters in that plug and I ended up mapping it with just a few of them and the problem was gone.

Kontakt also has a ton of parameters and if I understand correctly, everytime you insert a new instance or move a plugin/track the protocol has to reset and "build it all up" from scratch.

Try to delete all plugins and see what happens if you move blank channels around, if it does not crash try inserting Kontakt(or any other plugin that might be a suspect) and move/duplicate tracks to try and find if it's a plugin thats causing trouble.
Heb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #602
jonat8han

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
I don't know how to read crash dumps but I saw Native Instruments kontakt mentioned in the file..

I had some trouble with Trigger from Slate Digital crashing reaper all the time when eucon was enabled.

I think it's because of the huge amount of parameters in that plug and I ended up mapping it with just a few of them and the problem was gone.

Kontakt also has a ton of parameters and if I understand correctly, everytime you insert a new instance or move a plugin/track the protocol has to reset and "build it all up" from scratch.

Try to delete all plugins and see what happens if you move blank channels around, if it does not crash try inserting Kontakt(or any other plugin that might be a suspect) and move/duplicate tracks to try and find if it's a plugin thats causing trouble.
Good idea - I will try that, though the track I duplicated to cause this crash didn't have Kontakt on it.
jonat8han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #603
Heb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonat8han View Post
Good idea - I will try that, though the track I duplicated to cause this crash didn't have Kontakt on it.
Hmm,OK.. But if you duplicate a track everything after that track gets moved one step and would have to be "built up" again. If that is the case (as I said, I'm not good at these things, just guessing) what I wrote earlier would still apply..
Try it
Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #604
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hmm,OK.. But if you duplicate a track everything after that track gets moved one step and would have to be "built up" again. If that is the case (as I said, I'm not good at these things, just guessing) what I wrote earlier would still apply..
Try it
Not just everything after it, but the all of the tracks in the project, even ones before it, that made it as stable as we could get it, and that is also why it is so slow.

So yeah, try removing all plugins and see if you can get it to crash.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #605
jonat8han

Quote:
Try it
Aha - yes, good point. Will do some more tests.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #606
jonat8han

Ok, so I made a new empty session (ignoring my default template). I made a bunch of tracks (with no plugins) some visible only in the mixer panel, some visible only in the track panel, some visible in both, some visible in neither. I duplicated/moved those tracks around until I had a lot of tracks in the session (probably 50+?) - no crashes.

So, I made some new tracks to use as receives, and I routed a few of the existing tracks to them. I duplicated one of those tracks - and boom. Crash on the first attempt. Report attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ReaperEuconCrash2.txt (84.4 KB, 281 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #607
made

I have also instant crashes on duplicting tracks, that have receives in the routing.
On S3 Eucon3.4.1
made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #608
Kim Planert

Default Latest Eucon

Hi I am new to Reaper and just testing the Eucon plug. I am using it with a Protools Dock and an iPad. So sorry if this is a stupid question.
I see in resources that the latest version was uploaded March 3rd 2014. Is that the one to use or is there a newer one?

It does keep crashing reaper for me.

Much appreciated!

Kim
Kim Planert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #609
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Planert View Post
Hi I am new to Reaper and just testing the Eucon plug. I am using it with a Protools Dock and an iPad. So sorry if this is a stupid question.
I see in resources that the latest version was uploaded March 3rd 2014. Is that the one to use or is there a newer one?

It does keep crashing reaper for me.

Much appreciated!

Kim
Yes, that's the latest.

When you say crash do you mean immediately and always, or sometimes ?

Are you running another DAW ?
Is EuCon/iPad working there ?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #610
Kim Planert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, that's the latest.

When you say crash do you mean immediately and always, or sometimes ?

Are you running another DAW ?
Is EuCon/iPad working there ?
Hi Geoff, thanks for replying and programing this essential tool. It crashes when I go to finder and or any other application and then switch back to Reaper. No other Daw's running. I am on OS X 10.11.6 Pro Control is 3.6.1. as is EuControl by Avid. Reaper is v5.50cr7/64.

What I noticed to is that pro control does not display the correct track colors. Instead a random pattern.

I had disabled the Eucon in Preferences but no luck getting it to recognize the iPad and Protools Dock just now for more testing. I am uploading a crash file aswell.

Much appreciated!

Kim
Old 09-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #611
Kim Planert

Quote:
Hi Geoff, thanks for replying and programing this essential tool. It crashes when I go to finder and or any other application and then switch back to Reaper. No other Daw's running. I am on OS X 10.11.6 Pro Control is 3.6.1. as is EuControl by Avid. Reaper is v5.50cr7/64.

What I noticed to is that pro control does not display the correct track colors. Instead a random pattern.

I had disabled the Eucon in Preferences but no luck getting it to recognize the iPad and Protools Dock just now for more testing. I am uploading a crash file aswell.

Much appreciated!

Kim
No luck uploading an rtf textile with the crash so I am attaching the first bit here.

Process: REAPER [2300]
Path: /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier: com.cockos.reaper
Version: 5.49.67 (5.49.67)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: REAPER [2300]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-09-01 11:45:01.363 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1510)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 85E772A2-8134-3FEF-368F-72036E6CC580

Time Awake Since Boot: 1400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x8:
-->
__TEXT 0000000100000000-0000000100a7c000 [ 10.5M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER

Application Specific Information:
Performing @selector(onSwellCommand from sender NSMenuItem 0x100f25750

Global Trace Buffer (reverse chronological seconds):
943.102665 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95e59659 TCP Conn 0x1b7153e30 complete. fd: 29, err: 0
943.102985 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95ee7f33 TCP Conn 0x1b7153e30 event 1. err: 0
943.237609 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95e5892b TCP Conn 0x1b7153e30 started
943.239515 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95e1c56e Creating default cookie storage with process/bundle identifier
943.239515 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95e1c506 Faulting in CFHTTPCookieStorage singleton
943.239515 CFNetwork 0x00007fff95e1c395 Faulting in NSHTTPCookieStorage singleton

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 reaper_csurf_eucon.dylib 0x0000000114572284 EuNode::RequestDataFromSurfaceNode(void*&, unsigned int&, unsigned int) + 86
1 reaper_csurf_eucon.dylib 0x000000011454ee58 SaveExtensionConfig(ProjectStateContext*, bool, project_config_extension_t*) + 57
2 com.cockos.reaper 0x000000010013930f SaveProjectState(ReaProject*, ProjectStateContext*, int, unsigned int, WDL_PtrList<MediaTrack>*) + 8159
3 com.cockos.reaper 0x0000000100135343 SaveProject(ReaProject*, char const*, bool, bool, WDL_PtrList<MediaTrack>*) + 387
4 com.cockos.reaper 0x00000001000d0a14 runMiscTimers() + 4420
5 com.cockos.reaper 0x00000001000cee36 Main_OnTimer(HWND__*, unsigned long) + 166
6 com.cockos.reaper 0x00000001005fb480 MainProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 7904
7 ??? 0x5fbf8c9000000001 0 + 6899387704258068481
Old 09-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #612
Geoff Waddington

I'm running EuControl 3.5.0 on OS X 10.12.6 and was running the iPad software a while ago, might have been a previous OS version, that might not count anyway because I also have hardware, which could change the rules.

Might try going back to 3.5.0 and see what happens.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #613
Kim Planert

Quote:
I'm running EuControl 3.5.0 on OS X 10.12.6 and was running the iPad software a while ago, might have been a previous OS version, that might not count anyway because I also have hardware, which could change the rules.

Might try going back to 3.5.0 and see what happens.
Hi Geoff, I have now tried to run it with Eucon 3.5. Reaper doesn't crash anymore but looses the connection if I switch to the finder or Safari. In the Eucon software I am unable to look it to to Reaper under Assign. Also the iPad software doesn't wanna run anymore as it requests the latest Eucon version. Can't go back wards on the iPad I think.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #614
Kim Planert

Quote:
Hi Geoff, I have now tried to run it with Eucon 3.5. Reaper doesn't crash anymore but looses the connection if I switch to the finder or Safari. In the Eucon software I am unable to look it to to Reaper under Assign. Also the iPad software doesn't wanna run anymore as it requests the latest Eucon version. Can't go back wards on the iPad I think.

Any suggestions?
Turns out when I untick "Close control surface devices when stopped and not active application" in preferences the connection stays.

So far so good.

Leaves these question on iPad Pro Control app:

- TC display is off by about an hour
- Master fader sits always to the right even when its in the left in mixer
- track colors seam random and don't follow the assigned ones in the session

I'll look into the Eucon Map editing swell pending finding a pc.

Best,

Kim
Old 11-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #615
Rubbersoul

Hi. I'm just trying to set this up but I've followed all the instructions and Reaper keeps crashing as soon as I select EuCon as the type of control surface. Been through the entire process several times and I cannot get it to work at all. I'm on Reaper 5.62, 64 bit running Windows 10 and trying to connect an ipad. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
Rubbersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #616
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbersoul View Post
Hi. I'm just trying to set this up but I've followed all the instructions and Reaper keeps crashing as soon as I select EuCon as the type of control surface. Been through the entire process several times and I cannot get it to work at all. I'm on Reaper 5.62, 64 bit running Windows 10 and trying to connect an ipad. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
What version of EuControl ?
Is EuControl running ?
Do you see the iPad in EuControl ?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:33 AM   #617
Heb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbersoul View Post
Does it crash in an empty project or do you have plugins enabled?
Some plugins with a huge amount of parameters have been crashing eucon for me.
Slates trigger is one of them.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #618
Heb

Also as Geoff wrote, make sure EuControl is running.
The latest version of EuControl lets you disable the autostart if I remember correctly and if it's not running Reaper will crash.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #619
Rubbersoul

I'm using the Beta version that's linked on the forum. EuCon is running and I can see the iPad on the list of control surfaces. It crashes on empty projects as well as those with plugins.
Rubbersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 AM   #620
svijayrathinam

I was using this for a while it worked fine but now its crashing whenever i try to open a project. When I open a project with no tracks it works. When adding tracks it works but when i open another project with tracks in it already it crashes..

Mac OS 10.12.6

Eucontrol 3.7.0.134

Reaper Version 5.62

Pls help me with this..

Last edited by svijayrathinam; 01-12-2018 at 04:18 AM.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:38 AM   #621
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
I was using this for a while it worked fine but now its crashing whenever i try to open a project. When I open a project with no tracks it works. When adding tracks it works but when i open another project with tracks in it already it crashes..

Mac OS 10.12.6

Eucontrol 3.7.0.134

Reaper Version 5.62

Pls help me with this..

Hmmm...

I'm running:

Mac OS 10.12.6

EuControl 3.5.0 11754885

Reaper Version 5.70

Try that config and let me know what happens.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:55 AM   #622
svijayrathinam

Same issue..Here is the crash report..
Attached Files
File Type: txt Eucon Crash report.txt (93.2 KB, 224 views)
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #623
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Same issue..Here is the crash report..
Thanks for the report, looks like you might be having trouble with some support files.

Did you re-install and not place those files in the folders ?

Perhaps re-install those files ?

Check this out and let me know.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:21 AM   #624
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Thanks for the report, looks like you might be having trouble with some support files.

Did you re-install and not place those files in the folders ?

Perhaps re-install those files ?

Check this out and let me know.
Oops. Sorry. I re-installed again and its working now. But is there any way you can get rid off the delay when adding or deleting tracks and also while switching project in tabs ?

Also I see that you are developing a new controller protocol for reaper. It would be so useful if you can implement using Avid artist series and S3. I have both and I would love to see this supported in your work !! Thank you very much..
Old 01-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #625
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Oops. Sorry. I re-installed again and its working now. But is there any way you can get rid off the delay when adding or deleting tracks and also while switching project in tabs ?

Also I see that you are developing a new controller protocol for reaper. It would be so useful if you can implement using Avid artist series and S3. I have both and I would love to see this supported in your work !! Thank you very much..
Great !! Glad it's working.

The slow response is, unfortunately, there for stability and is necessary.

I am now testing the new software with 2 Artist Mixes and Artist Control in Mackie Control Mode and performance is much better.

Insert/delete 1000 tracks is almost instantaneous.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:28 AM   #626
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Great !! Glad it's working.

The slow response is, unfortunately, there for stability and is necessary.

I am now testing the new software with 2 Artist Mixes and Artist Control in Mackie Control Mode and performance is much better.

i Have a problem in mackie control mode. The faders are by default in -10db not at 0db. I am not sure why this happens. Any Idea ?

Last edited by svijayrathinam; 01-12-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:10 AM   #627
svijayrathinam

Do you have any idea why this may happen ? Please ?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:46 AM   #628
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Do you have any idea why this may happen ? Please ?
No I don't, that's why I didn't answer
Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #629
svijayrathinam

Quote:
No I don't, that's why I didn't answer
Hi Geoff, I figured out the issue (Actually Jon from the reaper blog helped me figure out the issue). Basically I had in the MIDI devices preferences MIDI inputs and outputs enabled for all the euphonix MIDI port. When I turned it off..the faders defaults back to zero.

But I have a new problem now. Pls let me know if you can help.

The faders dont bank automatically. I can only control tracks 9 to 16 if i manually bank. Bur during the set up it worked once (it did automatically bank). then when i tried adding the 4 fader unit..it got messed up. Actually I have one 8 fader artist mix and one 4 fader artist control. how do i configure it to get all 12 faders working ? After this mess up I couldn't configure it to auto bank the channels. But if i manually bank it lets me control tracks 9 to 16. Can you pls help ?
Old 01-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #630
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, I figured out the issue (Actually Jon from the reaper blog helped me figure out the issue). Basically I had in the MIDI devices preferences MIDI inputs and outputs enabled for all the euphonix MIDI port. When I turned it off..the faders defaults back to zero.

But I have a new problem now. Pls let me know if you can help.

The faders dont bank automatically. I can only control tracks 9 to 16 if i manually bank. Bur during the set up it worked once (it did automatically bank). then when i tried adding the 4 fader unit..it got messed up. Actually I have one 8 fader artist mix and one 4 fader artist control. how do i configure it to get all 12 faders working ? After this mess up I couldn't configure it to auto bank the channels. But if i manually bank it lets me control tracks 9 to 16. Can you pls help ?
So let me get this straight -- you're using the Mix and Control in Mackie Control mode right ?

What Reaper control surface plugin are you using ?
Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #631
svijayrathinam

Quote:
So let me get this straight -- you're using the Mix and Control in Mackie Control mode right ?

What Reaper control surface plugin are you using ?
Mackie control extended & Mackie control universal. And yes I have added reaper and set in the system preferences of eucon Mackie control mode : ports 1 to 4
Old 01-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #632
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Mackie control extended & Mackie control universal. And yes I have added reaper and set in the system preferences of eucon Mackie control mode : ports 1 to 4
Ahh, this thread is about EuCon support.

However, check EuControl Settings, Surfaces tab, make sure the Artist Control banks independently is not checked.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #633
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Ahh, this thread is about EuCon support.

However, check EuControl Settings, Surfaces tab, make sure the Artist Control banks independently is not checked.
That option is not checked. What I don't understand is that the artist mix alone worked and the faders banked automatically and when I tried to add artist control to it that's when it got messed up and I couldn't get even the artist mix alone work correctly. 😂😂😂
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #634
Mops

Default Eucon - View Mixer stopped working after 5.4

So I upgraded to the latest version of reaper last night (5.92) and when I press shift + Mixer reaper no long toggles between the mixer and the edit screen. it Does nothing.

I then reinstalled 5.4 and shift + Mixer works. I went one by one to see where it stopped working and the last good version for me is 5.40. I'm running Eucon 3.7.0.138 on MAC osx 10.9.5

Anyone else having that issue?
Mops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:21 AM   #635
vocalnick

Quote:

Is anyone able to please give me a quick hand getting things set up in Mackie Control mode? I'm on MacOS and I've dragged Reaper64.app to the preferences pane & rebooted everything, but Reaper still only wants to talk to the MC Control in EUCON mode.

Is there a step I'm missing?

EUCON is working pretty great - but I'm butting up against the delays on track creation/deletion, plus some instability when switching between project tabs (which I do quite a bit at the moment). I can probably develop workarounds for these, but I'm hoping Mackie mode might be the solution I'm looking for.

Last edited by vocalnick; 09-16-2018 at 04:33 AM.
vocalnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #636
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalnick View Post
Is anyone able to please give me a quick hand getting things set up in Mackie Control mode? I'm on MacOS and I've dragged Reaper64.app to the preferences pane & rebooted everything, but Reaper still only wants to talk to the MC Control in EUCON mode.

Is there a step I'm missing?

EUCON is working pretty great - but I'm butting up against the delays on track creation/deletion, plus some instability when switching between project tabs (which I do quite a bit at the moment). I can probably develop workarounds for these, but I'm hoping Mackie mode might be the solution I'm looking for.
Did you remove EuCon from the Control/OSC/WEB config panel ?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #637
vocalnick

Quote:
Did you remove EuCon from the Control/OSC/WEB config panel ?
Hey Geoff, thanks for the reply 🙂

Yes I’ve removed EUCON, and added “Mackie Control Universal” set to eucon port 1(although I’ve tried all four ports) but the MC control stays stubbornly non-responsive.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #638
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalnick View Post
Hey Geoff, thanks for the reply 🙂

Yes I’ve removed EUCON, and added “Mackie Control Universal” set to eucon port 1(although I’ve tried all four ports) but the MC control stays stubbornly non-responsive.
That's pretty weird, I run an Artist Control all day here using Mackie protocol....

Let's run down versions.

Here's my current setup:
macOS 10.13.6
EuControl 3.7.0 134
Reaper 5.95/64

What are you running ?
Old 09-17-2018, 03:27 AM   #639
vocalnick

Ahh yes, I probably should have led with that

MacOS 10.13.6
EuControl 18.3.0.244 (according to About - does that seem like a weird number?)
Reaper 5.95/64

Same as yours, apart from apparently the EuControl version.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:28 AM   #640
vocalnick

So hang tight - I'm going to downgrade to 3.7 - might be as simple as that!