Old 11-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
densistaelden
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin load stopped working.

Hi!
As of yesterday I started having a big issue in Reaper. First a majority of my vst instruments stopped functioning with asio4all and started to register db levels of +564 db and automute. No change in settings helping.
I´m running the FL studio Asio drivers instead.

Secondly. Reaper doesn´t seem to find any of my downloaded vst´s that we´re didn´t use a specific installer (playtime, B-station, addictive keyes ect. But plug ins like roVee and GTG 44 simply isn´t located by reaper. I put the dll files in correct filepaths and directet Reaper to these path but still. nothing

does anyone have any idéa of whats up?

KR
Oscar
densistaelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by densistaelden View Post
Hi!
As of yesterday I started having a big issue in Reaper. First a majority of my vst instruments stopped functioning with asio4all and started to register db levels of +564 db and automute. No change in settings helping.
I´m running the FL studio Asio drivers instead.

Secondly. Reaper doesn´t seem to find any of my downloaded vst´s that we´re didn´t use a specific installer (playtime, B-station, addictive keyes ect. But plug ins like roVee and GTG 44 simply isn´t located by reaper. I put the dll files in correct filepaths and directet Reaper to these path but still. nothing

does anyone have any idéa of whats up?

KR
Oscar
First off, welcome to the forums!

Download the User Guide and read the section on setting your computer up for multitrack audio/midi recording. Also have a look at some of the excellent free video tutorials, also in the downloads section above.
Judging by what you have said (specially FL ASIO drivers???!!!) you need a better understanding of exactly how and where your plugins should be installed and how to set yourself up properly.

In order to make helping you a bit easier, what are you using for an audio/MIDI interface and does it come with its own ASIO drivers?

Hopefully you haven't installed any of your plugins in the "plugins" directory contained within C:\Program Files\Reaper\ as this is reserved for reapers own plugins ONLY.
This is made clear in the manual & that is one of the reasons I suggest you browse the setup section.

Good luck and let us know how things are going when you have checked this stuff.

One last thing: most all of the plugins you refer to are old 32bit plugs and some are synthedit based.
If you are trying to use them in Reaper 64bit (or for that matter 32bit ) in many cases those old plugs themselves are going to be pretty buggy.
Plenty of more modern/reliable freebies out there you could be using. Have you checked out Bedroom Producers Blog or indeed the "going all freeware (well almost) thread on here?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Stella645

Quote:
Judging by what you have said (specially FL ASIO drivers???!!!
FL ASIO is a WASAPI wrapper/bridge much like ASIO4all is a WDM wrapper/bridge.
It is available as a driver to any DAW.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote