Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-05-2019, 06:12 AM   #1
DocBob
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 6 theme Mixer panel track width issue

I have a WIN 10 laptop with a 1920x1080 display. The track widths in the mixer panel are HUGH and all I can to in the Theme Adjuster is make them bigger. Is there any way to scale them down?
DocBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Glennbo

You can narrow the tracks in the theme adjuster. Narrow form and left edge border is what I turned on.

Last edited by Glennbo; 12-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
DocBob

[QUOTE=Glennbo;2211282]You can narrow the tracks in the theme adjuster. Narrow form and left edge border is what I turned on.

Thanks! Somehow I missed the narrow tracks option.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
DocBob

And another issue... is it possible to have faders instead of knobs in the MCP. You can in TCP.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #5
d. gauss

and another issue. in the pic above, how do you globally show less fx/send slots? i would prefer a taller fader and less visible slots (3 sends and 3 fx) across all tracks. when drag down the mixer size, the faders shrink as well as the slots.
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
and another issue. in the pic above, how do you globally show less fx/send slots? i would prefer a taller fader and less visible slots (3 sends and 3 fx) across all tracks. when drag down the mixer size, the faders shrink as well as the slots.
bump.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
nait

Quote:
Looks like there is handle you can drag right below the last send (above FX button). Only problem is, that seems to just affect one track at a time. d'oh. You can probably select them all and do it, but I assume that wouldn't effect new tracks. I'm not at home to try this all out, and working over remote desktop on a mobile phone, so .. a bit hard to test this out.. but I did manage to drag the aforementioned handle to give more space to the fader.

Edit: looks like even selecting all tracks then dragging the fader still only does the one track, so that isn't of much help. But at least you know it is something that can be done.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #8
synkrotron

I'n not sure if I am understanding the question correctly, regarding amount of FX/Sends slots. But if I am, all you do is hold down the Crtl button while dragging the little horizontal bar with your mouse.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #9
Joe90

Quote:
bump.
Grab the handles and re-size everything how you want it (use a modifier to effect all tracks), then save a blank version of that as your default track, which you can do from the FX chain menu.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Grab the handles and re-size everything how you want it (use a modifier to effect all tracks), then save a blank version of that as your default track, which you can do from the FX chain menu.
thx for reply, but what modifier? i can only get one track at a time, plus the number of slots still changes when you expand contract the mixer or track. i.e. i would like to set mixer up like a hardware console that that has finite sends. rare that i would ever have more than 4 sends, so never want to see any more than that no matter how big i stretch the mixer.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #11
nait

The modifier depends on whether you are Mac or PC.. PC is definitely control. Used a Mac once in my life, but I think it's called command?? There is a divider between the inserts and sends that acts as a handle that you can move up or down to give more inserts or more sends. And there's another divider below THAT to give more space to the inserts/sends or more space to the mixers... and then above the inserts, an invisible handle below the transport bar to give space to the MCP.

Anyways, holding ctrl while moving those insert/sends handles will ensure that all tracks are affected the same (otherwise it just does one only).

Hopefully that helps with what you need to do.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #12
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
The modifier depends on whether you are Mac or PC.. PC is definitely control. Used a Mac once in my life, but I think it's called command?? There is a divider between the inserts and sends that acts as a handle that you can move up or down to give more inserts or more sends. And there's another divider below THAT to give more space to the inserts/sends or more space to the mixers... and then above the inserts, an invisible handle below the transport bar to give space to the MCP.

Anyways, holding ctrl while moving those insert/sends handles will ensure that all tracks are affected the same (otherwise it just does one only).

Hopefully that helps with what you need to do.
yes that part works, thanks. this part does not though:

<<the number of slots still changes when you expand contract the mixer or track. i.e. i would like to set mixer up like a hardware console that that has FINITE MAX VISIBLE sends. rare that i would ever have more than 4 sends, so never want to see any more than that no matter how big i stretch the mixer.>>
Old 12-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #13
nait

Quote:
yes that part works, thanks. this part does not though:

<<the number of slots still changes when you expand contract the mixer or track. i.e. i would like to set mixer up like a hardware console that that has FINITE MAX VISIBLE sends. rare that i would ever have more than 4 sends, so never want to see any more than that no matter how big i stretch the mixer.>>
Yeah, if you are expanding/contracting your mixer track frequently, then not sure how you can do what you're trying to do, or if that is even possible. What I suggested kind of only works if your mixer panel stays as a static size.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #14
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
Yeah, if you are expanding/contracting your mixer track frequently, then not sure how you can do what you're trying to do, or if that is even possible. What I suggested kind of only works if your mixer panel stays as a static size.
that is disappointing...