Old 06-26-2022, 01:50 PM   #1
IVL Nørdum
Human being with feelings

Default Trackidx Reaper v6

req-res store

Last edited by IVL Nørdum; 06-30-2022 at 03:43 PM.
IVL Nørdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 01:53 PM   #2
IVL Nørdum

Default Trackidx Repaer V6

Hello. I am developing one theme,
where I encountered strange behavior. In rtconfig.txt code
There are lines responsible for the color of the track number.
set tcp.trackidx.color ?track_selected [50 50 50]
Starting with the 6th version of Reaper, the color of the id number and track name dynamically changes depending on the track color chosen by the user (custom color), however, this color
clearly defined if the track is selected/selected (which is confirmed by the second line with the value ?track_selected 50 50 50)
Because the color is dynamic, the line "set tcp.trackidx.color"
has no definite meaning. However, when you create a new track, the color of the sequence number will be defined in shades of light gray, although the string for this value is empty, if you try to change this value, the dynamic function of the color disappears and when painted with a custom color, this number will no longer adjust to the selected color.
The essence of the problem: how to correctly change the brightness of the color of the id
numbers while maintaining its dynamic function, it is necessary that uncolored new tracks be read in dark themes. since the theme being developed is dark, I change the background of the standard uncolored track to dark, and the color of the serial numbers is lost and blends with this background until you color the track. This also applies to the color of sequence numbers in the mixer (mcp), similar to the arrangement window (tcp).
This is strange since these elements have a certain color out of the box, but the lines responsible for this are empty.
I suppose that somewhere there is a line defining this shade, which allows not to destroy the idea of ​​dynamic change, if you have such information, please share.

Last edited by IVL Nørdum; 06-27-2022 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:14 AM   #3
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Spamming the stickies is not a diplomatic way to seek help.

The default 6 theme has a macro called 'text_over_custom' that I used to set the colour of tcp.trackidx.color. Then for track selection only I define it again using the line:
Code:
set tcp.trackidx.color		?track_selected [50 50 50] .
...you missed that '.' at the end, and its crucial, it means don't change the previously declared value.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:39 PM   #4
IVL Nørdum

Default difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
The default 6 theme has a macro called 'text_over_custom' that I used to set the colour of tcp.trackidx.color. Then for track selection only I define it again using the line....and its crucial, it means don't change the previously declared value.
Thank you for your response!. I went back to the code, the lines that you specified work, but they directly work only with custom tracks that the user can colorize. My task is to influence exactly the tracks that are created by default, and at the moment merge with the general background of the body; (In a nutshell, you need to lower the brightness of the ID number itself, not custom tracks).

I removed the stickers if they interfered, probably because they were in active comments and not in the topic, but I can duplicate. Perhaps the answer is on the surface, but I just did not see it, because I noticed that the target element is visually changed in the compiled theme through assembler.

Last edited by IVL Nørdum; 06-30-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:28 AM   #5
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

"How does theming work?" is exactly the kind of question to ask here, and the kind of question its good to have pre-emptively answered in the stickies.

"How does the code of the default theme work?" is a whole other thing. Easy mods of the theme are very easy, but to achieve that I need to make more in-depth mods more difficult. I advise everyone to not mess with the complicated bits of the theme until you've got to grips with complex WALTER, and even then to note that writing that stuff is a lot easier than understanding what someone else wrote.

The answer to your question is : its the macro called 'text_over_custom'. If you wish to disagree with me that's your prerogative, but its the only answer I've got.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 AM   #6
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVL Nørdum View Post
There are lines responsible for the color of the track number.
set tcp.trackidx.color ?track_selected [50 50 50]

- - [EDIT]: removed part of the original quote - -

I suppose that somewhere there is a line defining this shade, which allows not to destroy the idea of ​​dynamic change, if you have such information, please share.
You can try the following hack that worked for me:

TCP
Code:
	set tcp.label  .
	drawTcp scale

set tcp.trackidx.color		+ [-15 -15 -15 -15]
MCP
Code:
	set Mcp.label  .
	drawMcp 1

set mcp.trackidx.color		+ [35 35 35 35]
The trackIDX color entry needs to be placed after any drawTcp entry for TCP and after any drawMcp 1 entry for MCP.
Negative or minus numbers will make the color darker and positive numbers will make it lighter.

You can use this 'additive' type of code to adjust positions or images sizes as well for other elements in the theme.

::