arkima
Human being with feelings

Default Armor 02 (green)

Hi everyone,

Armor 02 has been uploaded and includes an alternate version (Armor 02A). Green
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/511/Armor%2002

[IMG]http://img195.**************/img195/6856/armor02.jpg[/IMG]

Midi note Color map:
[IMG]http://img269.**************/img269/7348/armor02newmidinotecolor.th.jpg[/IMG]

Armor 02A:
[IMG]http://img716.**************/img716/9949/armor02alternate.th.jpg[/IMG]

I hope you like it

Have a good one!
arkima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
arkima

Hi there,

Just letting you know that I'm working on the tool bar buttons to complete the set properly for this theme and anything that I've missed that needs mending/making...

Please feel free to make requests for Armor 02 / 02A - Your feedback will always be appreciated and taken on board...

I'm happy to see if I can improve things or help spread some happiness

Cheers,
A
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
XITE-1/4LIVE

I appreciate this as I perform live and need the LED Fluorescent colors as I view the racks form 12-15 feet away.
The dark colored background enhances the Green really well when there are hundreds of 1000 watt PAR Lamps heating your scalp....

I just use Reaper for playback of MIDI streams but just started learning how to use it for recording.
It has a high ppq so lighting and effects automations along with slow motorized faders really needs a high resolution. Reaper is perfect.

I had a developer from France re skin my 6 AUX/8 BUSS Xite-1 DSP Mixer I like it so well.
Scope DSP has the dark skin too so it's a Double win thanks to you.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 10-07-2010 at 12:29 AM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
XITE-1/4LIVE

I am using external hardware effects and DSP effects from Scope.
Is it possible to show the effects name and destination in the Reaper mixer..?
No offense to the built in effects as I am sure they are good, but I have used these DSP and hardware effects for years and prefer them over Native anyways.
I love the knobs too, but I am unsure how to activate those.
So far I have had no luck.
But using Bidule as a ReWired host in Reaper is pretty sweet.
So is Armor and the 6 AUX/8 BUSS DSP Mixer.

Thanks Again.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
minerman

I absolutely love your theme, been using the original since you posted it in the Stash. How do I go about changing the colors myself? IE: The colors that are aqua in the original are green in the new version. Any tips/help with this would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!

PS Cool theme btw!!!
minerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
I appreciate this as I perform live and need the LED Fluorescent colors as I view the racks form 12-15 feet away.
The dark colored background enhances the Green really well when there are hundreds of 1000 watt PAR Lamps heating your scalp....

I just use Reaper for playback of MIDI streams but just started learning how to use it for recording.
It has a high ppq so lighting and effects automations along with slow motorized faders really needs a high resolution. Reaper is perfect.

I had a developer from France re skin my 6 AUX/8 BUSS Xite-1 DSP Mixer I like it so well.
Scope DSP has the dark skin too so it's a Double win thanks to you.

Keep us posted.
Wow! XITE-1/4LIVE, that looks cool (your snapshot) - love how that looks - super cool! Actually I was a bit worried how this theme would go as I haven't spent as much time with it as 00. It's awesome to hear about a happy story like this... I'm really glad this theme is working for you, ... a bit lost for words.. -thanks mate

Quote:
I am using external hardware effects and DSP effects from Scope.
Is it possible to show the effects name and destination in the Reaper mixer..?
No offense to the built in effects as I am sure they are good, but I have used these DSP and hardware effects for years and prefer them over Native anyways.
I love the knobs too, but I am unsure how to activate those.
So far I have had no luck.
But using Bidule as a ReWired host in Reaper is pretty sweet.
So is Armor and the 6 AUX/8 BUSS DSP Mixer.

Thanks Again.
Hmm - Well, I know you can show the FX inserts in the mixer area if that's what your after. Right click in the empty mixer area or click on the mixer menu button on the top left of the Master - select/tick the option - show fx inserts when size permits and stretch/resize or float the mixer so you can see any plug-ins active or inactive etc on all tracks.

However if you need the name of an effect/bank from the plug-in displayed, the closest I can think of(apart from floating/showing the fx window) - You could click on the envelope button (track or mixer panel)- a list of all available fx parameters will be listed but not always named. Click on the UI box (far right envelope menu colomn) and then you have any control you've selected, accessible in the track view area - re-size the panel to see. Or for the mixer area again - make sure 'show FX parameters when size permits is selected in the mixer menu and stretch/re-size the mixer height and there you have the control parameter - name, parameter value and knob visible. Also you can stretch the Fx insert/parameter and send controls area by dragging the separators up or down..

I hope that helps.. Otherwise someone around here will know.. Oh, you can open parameters for plug-ins into envelope/automation tracks also via the envelope menu..

If you knew that already - sorry for putting you through that
BTW, If cool - let me know how things turn out - interested in that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerman View Post
I absolutely love your theme, been using the original since you posted it in the Stash. How do I go about changing the colors myself? IE: The colors that are aqua in the original are green in the new version. Any tips/help with this would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!

PS Cool theme btw!!!
Thanks for the awesome comments minerman! - cool to hear you're enjoying this theme and Armor00...

Well, first good rule is to back up your folders that you want to experiment/customize so it's easier to swap it back if you like....

Copy /paste/rename.... Sorry - be back soon to give you a step by step if you like....

Check out the sticky's too - great info there... back soon
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
strunkdts

I really like this. The green/lime/yellow on black/grey is perfect. Ive done similar with a black n white version of white ties bubinga, i think it is, but this is really nice. Im really into the rendered MCP TCP section on the default 3 over the flat graphics. My only suggestion would be getting a bit more dimension into it. Otherwise, great.
Downloading now.
Cheers.
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
arkima

Hi minerman,

As in your example:

Make copies of the 2 theme folders and their Reaper Theme Files that you will work on.

Choose one to be your main set (-for this example "Armor 00") and rename the folder to your new theme name ie- "armor mix 1" or whatever you like.

Then rename its Reaper Theme File the same. Next - open up the Reaper Theme File and scroll down to near the end of the file where there is a line that says "ui_img=Armor 00" and rename it to your new theme name ("ui_img=armor mix 1"). Now save it.

Say you want to start with green toolbar icons from Armor 02 in your version - just go into the Armor 02 theme folder copy and have a look for the toolbar buttons. (You get use to what image is for what the more you do this type of thing). Copy all the tool bar button images you want to swap and paste it into your new theme folder.

Copy your customized theme folder and it's Reaper theme file into your Reaper "Color Themes" folder as you've done before to install it. Run Reaper select your new customized theme and check your results. Just experiment - always make backups so you have a clean slate when you need it.

Wow, that was long - I hope that helps. But FYI I am hoping to upload other color variants and have folders for extras to make processes as the above easier and quicker for anyone to use so you can more or less get a new main ready or use an existing one and add what color parts you want ie Red faders in a mod folder - open - copy - paste =done That's one of the ideas that I want to do well hopefully in the near-ish future - so a lot of changes are quite user friendly.

Hope that help mate,
cheers!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
XITE-1/4LIVE

Brotha'Man Arkima,
You have mistaken me for someone who knows what he is doing ...I don't.
I can play cause that's what I do for a living but I have used hardware sequencers, synths and effects since I was a youngsta.
I have been using Gigastudio/Scope DAW's and a QX-1/MC500Mk-II w/ Analog synths, and just started trying to learn Reaper.
But I was floored when I saw your skins. They not only match my XITE-1 Charcoal colors but my stage mixer Green too, so it was a double win for me.
Here's my first Reaper piece.
http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=7032
It has been destroyed by quantizing certain parts. I couldn't figure out the undo features, but in a month or so I should be alright.
We have been using Reaper lately for MIDI automation of hardware effects and lighting because of it's 900+ ppq capability.
I will go with 64bit as soon as my DSP 64bit drivers are out of BETA.
But your skins are way cool.
I did want to reflect my AUX channels in the DSP mixer but it's no biggie. It's usually the same 32 stereo channel template. With the 6 x effects on the AUX's I can bleed them in each channel according to taste like the big consoles do, so just having the skins right now is a good motivational tool for me to really dig into Reaper.
The hardware sequencers have been used for 25 years and the LED is burned out and the white stencilling on the keys has worn down to all black, so it's time to go soft.
I look forward to further refinements from you. But as it is...it's a perfect match.
Check out the Charcoal colores from the XITE-1...........they even match your skins......Coolness.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #10
minerman

Thanks Arkima!
I finally figured it out (kinda), & have started changing some of the colors around a little. I do have a backup made, in case (& of course I will) screw up. Thanks a ton for your info, & your theme, gives me new respect for all the hard work that goes into something like this, I had no idea how tedious it could actually be. BTW, I've been using "Paint" to change the colors, any recommendations for another program that might be easier/quicker? Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #11
strunkdts

hey arkima, just wanted to say Ive been using this theme tonight and am really gelling with it. The MIDI editor is particulerly nice. 02 I prefer over 02A, the extra bits arent needed all the time.
Again, looking forward to more themes and extensions on this. Its the first theme apart from Reaper 3 default dark, that I can actually stand for more than an hour or two.
Top stuff!

EDIT: the only thing that bothers me is whatever selected track your working on isnt bright enough when highlighted both in the waveform view and mcp/tcp. Not so much that it needs to be brighter, the other non selected tracks need to be darker...Easy enuff to tweak though.

Last edited by strunkdts; 02-03-2010 at 07:58 AM.
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #12
arkima

Hey,

I just wanted to check in to to let you know that there will be an update very soon - the rest of the tool bar buttons. I do have a bit planned for the armor themes and hope to everything up to scratch and upload more color variations if all goes well

Sorry that I haven't gotten back until now - Also I should mention a Thank you to dstruct as his input/advice spawned the alternate variations with more visibility for normal states for buttons and I'm really glad some of you really appreciate it - Thank you dstruct and thank you everyone else for you thoughts and ideas.

To: XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks for the comments and for sharing the mp3 - way cool man! It got me itching for my bass! With what you want to do - will labeling/coloring your tracks help? You can also use track icons in the mixer or track area - The Tips and Tricks section probably the best place to get help and info if you need to man... Anyway - really cool to meet you... I'd love to know a bit more of what your doing - but I must say though I love gear (esp bass gear) a lot of your set up is way over my head - but awesome none the less bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerman View Post
Thanks Arkima!
I finally figured it out (kinda), & have started changing some of the colors around a little. I do have a backup made, in case (& of course I will) screw up. Thanks a ton for your info, & your theme, gives me new respect for all the hard work that goes into something like this, I had no idea how tedious it could actually be. BTW, I've been using "Paint" to change the colors, any recommendations for another program that might be easier/quicker? Thanks in advance!!!!
That's cool mate - I use inskape and learned it here. BTW - soon there will be other color faders and what-not that you can use to personalize your Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
hey arkima, just wanted to say Ive been using this theme tonight and am really gelling with it. The MIDI editor is particulerly nice. 02 I prefer over 02A, the extra bits arent needed all the time.
Again, looking forward to more themes and extensions on this. Its the first theme apart from Reaper 3 default dark, that I can actually stand for more than an hour or two.
Top stuff!

EDIT: the only thing that bothers me is whatever selected track your working on isnt bright enough when highlighted both in the waveform view and mcp/tcp. Not so much that it needs to be brighter, the other non selected tracks need to be darker...Easy enuff to tweak though.
Wow - thanks strunkidts! That is such an awesome compliment to me to hear it lasted that long with you! I will probably have to include mcp and tcp panels like as you've mentioned in the near future. I have a set when colored looks a bit illuminated to me - but the greens show up way too loud - so I tucked them away not to poke anyone in the eye who'd color a bunch of tracks bright green - none the wiser But I'll work on it I'm shure...

Cheers again guys! will update soon..

-a
Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #13
XITE-1/4LIVE

Labelling is all I really need actually. I do my main mixing in Scope.
Reaper is basically hosting 32 channels of Bidule where the VSTi sampler content resides.
So Reaper is the MIDI and ASIO stuff which is all basically mixed live in Scope via the Green mixer I showed you.
I use 2 of these controllers live as the knobs, buttons, faders and pedals can control my and mix my entire show from 15-20 feet away form the DAW's.
Above the ModWheel are my Reaper transports. Stepping through Program Change messages w/ a pedal loads whatever I need.
Cubase is a great app but it is just too overbloated and unstable for live work. I tried Cubase IV after years of SX versions working fine, but I wouldn't dare touch it on stage.
Reaper is just perfect and having current versions mature instead of charging money every 6 months for more useless upgrades is just nonsense to me.
I just need something stable that records and plays back well.
If I want Coffee I can make it myself..

Thanks Again.

BTW anyone who ever wants to use Repaer live should definately check out the KS88's. They are perfect for controlling multiple apps and DAW's/hardware.
Reaper loves 'em too.
A little reflective fluorescent tape for the controllers allows me to see everything in the dark too. Scenes always go dark and that's when I need to see the most as I prepare for the next Scen/section/song.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #14
arkima

Updated -

All custom toolbar buttons are now included.

[IMG]http://img163.**************/img163/3481/armor0202acustomtoolbar.jpg[/IMG]

Enjoy!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #15
Kundalinguist

Wow, absolutely beautiful.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #16
arkima

Cheers!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #17
arkima

Default Update...

Hi,

Another update to improve this theme:

-Virtual Piano/Piano Roll images improved/refined.
-Transparent highlights added to fx/send area in mixer on mouse over.
-general tidy up.
[IMG]http://img692.**************/img692/8230/02anewvkbmpr.th.jpg[/IMG]

My apologies for not picking up a few small things earlier...

I'm planning a decent update for next time to make it worth the download, so it will be a while until then...

Hope you guys like the new keys,
Cheers!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
arkima

Default Small Update

Update:

New track and Mixer io buttons now included.
Also fixed some Transport Button images in 02A (sorry about that)

[IMG]http://img718.**************/img718/876/armor02aupdateiobuttons.th.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Kundalinguist

Thank you again.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #20
XITE-1/4LIVE

Brotha' Man Arkima,
How do you get the channel strips to have the big color scheme..?
I can only seem to get the text color changes, and they lose color in the Paint View screen. What I mean is the color I pick doesn't look like the color I chose, but really a faded version.
I like the big bright channel scheme you have.

Thanks Again...........
Old 02-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #21
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
Thank you again.
a pleasure mate

Quote:
Brotha' Man Arkima,
How do you get the channel strips to have the big color scheme..?
I can only seem to get the text color changes, and they lose color in the Paint View screen. What I mean is the color I pick doesn't look like the color I chose, but really a faded version.
I like the big bright channel scheme you have.

Thanks Again...........
Hi XITE-1/4LIVE,
The only one that shouldn't turn out is white really - which looks like a pale gray - close as I was able to get it.

For bright/vivid types of color when coloring your tracks - Basic bright variations of color seem to work well (Saturation - full & brightness set midway where it looks the strongest). I myself use the SWS extension in Reaper together with Evil Dragon's Color Tool Bar - it makes color management and coloring in general so much more convenient and fast. Most of the Screen shots I've posted are just using Evil Dragon's Color Tool Bar default colors - The thread for it is in the "REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and How to" area - sticky around the top.

Also with item backgrounds if you're not happy with them - the fill mode for color will have an effect on how your colors will look: Reaper Preferences > Appearance > Theme > media item background fill mode. Try out what might suit you more.

I have time tonight and will work on the track/mixer panels/item backgrounds - as I've been meaning to improve these or make them additions in the mod folder that's in the theme's download. Also some track icons - color etc that may be good to use for labeling/marking tracks...

Does this stuff all help? - Hope so - let me know if you're still having problems with it and any suggestions you'd like for the next update...

Last edited by arkima; 02-22-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
arkima

Default Update

Updated:

-Toolbar Buttons for Evil Dragons Color Tool Bar included.
-Additions to the Mod folder - Faders, Item Backgrounds, Folder Indents...
-Track, Mixer Panels and Item Backgrounds refined a little more for better coloring and compacting/stretching.
-Color Scheme Tweaked in Midi Time line Background & Arrange Track Separators.

[IMG]http://img253.**************/img253/2019/02trackedctbupdate.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img408.**************/img408/2396/02atrackedctbupdatex.th.jpg[/IMG]

Link to Evil Dragon's Color Toolbar: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=48049

I'm still working on Track Icons for the Armor themes - Though progress is slow, I hope to have them ready in the near future...

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions - your input has definitely helped improve these themes

I may try to merge or start a new thread for all of the Armor themes - so everything is in the one place and not to double post..

Have a good one!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
mindvox

What I downloaded is not the same as what is on the screenshot, what gives?
mindvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #24
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindvox View Post
What I downloaded is not the same as what is on the screenshot, what gives?
Hi mindvox,

FYI - downloaded and installed fresh - all seems ok.

What looks different and how does it look? -Need some help?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #25
mindvox

I figured it out. I had didn't remove the individual folders from the group folder. Oops. =) BTW this should really be the default skin.
mindvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
arkima

Cool mindvox - glad you got it working

FYI - The Mod folder contains some other images that you can replace the original ones with for customizing.

Thanks - enjoy mate
Old 03-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #27
SiKo

My favorite theme for a while now. Awesome.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #28
arkima

Thanks SiKo

I am still working on this and the other Armor theme - some little fixes and adjustments. So, I'm been planning another update for sometime soon - I've just been a little busy with a few things.

Anyway Track Icons are still coming, Other mods, fixes etc.. 2 other versions are coming too (Armor 01 & 03) - It'll be great for anyone who wants to mix and match So, I think I'll have to make a new thread when that happens and merge this and the 00 thread there too.

(Oh and SWS Auto Color is awesome with these themes!)
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
Kundalinguist

It's my default now, too.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #30
arkima

@Kundalinguist - Really awesome to hear that

btw - please feel free to express any thoughts or make suggestions for me to include for the next update I'm working on. Things are still going a little slow at my end but everything's getting there.

I'm open to anyone's ideas to improve this(/these) theme(s).

Thanks guys!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #31
Kundalinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkima View Post
@Kundalinguist - Really awesome to hear that

btw - please feel free to express any thoughts or make suggestions for me to include for the next update I'm working on. Things are still going a little slow at my end but everything's getting there.

I'm open to anyone's ideas to improve this(/these) theme(s).

Thanks guys!
Hi Arkima. I can't think of any improvements off hand. It appears that you have the objectivity to make any important future changes for the better. Thanks again for this "handsome" theme.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
Melvin J.

Been using this theme for several weeks now and simply love it! I can't wait for any new updates coming down the pike.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #33
victoriousmusic

I've been using the armour 00 and 00A quite a bit these days, I'll have to check out the green..love the blue. Very calming, yet bright enough to see focus of your work..love it! Great job! looking forward to the updates and trying the green version.
victoriousmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #34
arkima

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know I'm still here and that I am still working on an update for the Armor themes. I've been struggling with the track icon thing - although I determined to compile a nice clear set of icons, and I'm focusing on making them as usable as possible.

Gotta say - every time I look at the theme work around here there are always things that blow me away - and it's definitely inspiring! So, I'm focusing back on the themes main stuff now and making good progress. I will do my best to upload the updated versions soon as I understand a long with small image fixing - there will soon be new themed elements that I'll need to make sure are there in Armor for all of you to use.

Apologies for being really slow on the updates thus far and the absence of a solo defeat button image - but it seems fortunately Reaper slightly changes the solo button (an alpha channel thing? shade?) so that solo defeat can be distinguished when enabled. But there will be a specific button image included in the next update

So, Melvin J, victoriousmusic and Kundalinguist - Thanks for your awesome comments, feedback and support. I'm really glad you enjoy this theme and find it useful.

Catch you again soon!
-at least update wise
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #35
Kundalinguist

Armor 02 is still a big seller here. And the extraterrestrials seem to really like it, too.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #36
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
Armor 02 is still a big seller here. And the extraterrestrials seem to really like it, too.
lol Time to play with spookkeys for a bit!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #37
minerman

Out of all the great themes I've used, I keep this one as my default. Great theme, love it!!! Only thing I'd change is the green to blue...(hint hint)....Thanks for your hard work, the theme is great!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #38
Melvin J.

Armour 02A is my default for sure. Like I said before, I can't wait to see what you have cooking!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #39
arkima

Hey minerman,
I'm thinking toolbar buttons atm - is that what you mean?... I've been planning on making a separate upload for Armor mods also, so you don't have to download more than you want etc.. I'll post the details & previews when everything is ready for download. Thanks for your kind words too mate.

Hey Melvin J.,
I'm really glad I've made something that you and others use and like - it's a really cool feeling and I sure do appreciate hearing it. Thanks!
FYI - I'm planning on starting a new thread for this next update - as I think it will be easier and better to have each armor theme, mods or any other related work in the one place. Should be more convenient for everyone.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #40
minerman

Hey Arkima,
I was referring to changing the green in your theme to blue, I tried it a couple months ago, but don't have the patience/skills/time to do it properly. Maybe if you get time you could do an Armor Blue????(Blue is my fav color btw..) Great theme, still my default. I love it, can't seem to use Reaper with any other theme, thanks for all your hard work!!!