Old 11-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #1
Ulf3000
Human being with feelings

Default middle click often doesnt work

ive put the action "View: Move edit cursor to mouse cursor" on middle click.

now try to use it a few times ! you´ll see that it doesnt always register, means every third click only the drag icon appears but the edit cursor isnt set.

why is it happening ? -> if the mouse registers just slight movement (less than a pixel is enough) it will use the drag function instead of the click function ...

i can easily prove this by using a better mouse or my wacom, becasue as the resolution of the mouse increases this problem becomes more apparent , means with my wacom (resolution = 10000 dots per inch) its actually impossible to middle click anymore, it will always go into drag mode

maybe theres even a second problem , as clicking the middle wheel is physically slower than clicking the mouse buttons , so its another factor which prefers drag over click , maybe you guys could up the timeout by 200 ms or something so it favours the click function a bit more

thanx for listening

edit:

it seems for the functions with a modifier(i.e. ctrl) , the clicking works correctly even though i have middledrag + ctrl assigned too (scrub)

Last edited by Ulf3000; 11-14-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote