Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #161
Urban Musiq
Human being with feelings

I'm on @version 1.78! I'll check today.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #162
Urban Musiq

@version 1.82

The flag doesn't do what it's supposed to, HT window still automatically resizing (x and y) and looping endlessly between new and old window size when hitting F11 and F1.

Displaying options (F11) alone is no problem. F11+F1 is. I prefer to view the shortcuts list and manual in a browser anyway. Maybe just disable that? Or getting the HT window to display scroll bars with fixed maximum display size?

- Urban
Old 10-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #163
sai'ke

Hmmm, this is very peculiar.

The weird thing is though, that it should never close/reopen anymore when that flag is active except upon launch. There are no instances of gfx.init (which opens the window) which are not covered by a check whether noResize equals zero. If you look in your _hackey_trackey_options_.cfg, do you see noResize=1?

You do see the flag in the options menu, right? It's the last option "Fix plugin size", not the autoresize one. Is it possible there may be an old version masking the new one somehow?

Anyways, I've just added a maxWidth flag as well. Upgrade to 1.83, open and close hackey trackey once. This should add a field in _hackey_trackey_options_.cfg named maxWidth. Simply set a maximum width here. I'm afraid that you have to do this by hand, since I don't know any way to get the screen resolution in the reaper API). If for some reason, Hackey Trackey does that flickery thing immediately upon first opening it, delete both cfg files (wpos and ht options) and start it again. Just fyi, config files are only saved when you close Hackey Trackey. So when it starts spazzing, it will not have saved the updated configuration file.

If you'd rather want to disable the F1 menu, you can go into userkeys.lua ; here you can paste one of the keysets that you wish to use from the main tracker file, and then edit them at will. If you then set your keyset to custom in the tracker, it will use the keyset that you put here. This file will never be overwritten, even when you update hackey trackey. Just make sure that when you edit this file, to not bind the F1 key. If you use the default keyset, all you have to do is change
Code:
    keys.help           = { 0,    0,  0,    26161 }         -- F1
to
Code:
    keys.help           = { 0,    0,  0,    500000000000000000000000 }        -- F1
I really hope at least one of these fixes works for you.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #164
Urban Musiq

Default [Solved]

@version 1.82

Thanks for the quick fix --- "Fix plugin size" worked. Sorry, I confused Auto Resize with the Fix setting...

Another serious annoyance is in the following screenshot:

The pattern has 64 rows, yet HT seems to assume that I have some more vertical pixels on my display. (Screenshot is scrolled all the way down in HT) - rows 58-64 are off screen (not accessable).

With 32 rows no scrollbar is displayed and rows 26-32 are off screen. My display is 1024 x 576 btw. There are ~160 pixels off screen in that screenshot. I could go and hack it myself probabely.

- Urban
Attached Images
File Type: png HT182.PNG (43.6 KB, 10 views)
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #165
sai'ke

Added a maximum height parameter in v1.84. Same story as before, open it once, close it, edit config file and then you should be set (hopefully).

Interesting issues cropping up. Never anticipated this resolution

Edit: maxHeight is the parameter name, and should be specified in pixels.
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #166
Urban Musiq

Default [Solved]

@version 1.84

That does it. Thx a ton - I'll start tracking right away... The maxHeight setting works as expected (it limits the maximum hight, HT window not auto resized).

When set to default (50000) my display hight is correctly recognized anyway. Beautiful.

- Urban

ps. another little thing I discovered is, that when re-opening HT, the midi channel setting [C, 1-16] is not remembered when set to [C].

Last edited by Urban Musiq; Yesterday at 11:08 PM.
Urban Musiq is online now   Reply With Quote