Old 01-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #41
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Yes that's the plan.

Not that I know anything about stduio, but lv2 support on all platforms.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:52 PM   #42
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
The Drum Character plugin interests me. If I know it'll work in Reaper I'll probably get it. I'll watch for your feedback about LV2 compatibility with the XT plugins.
After briefly testing the Harrison XT plugins, it appears that they are working fine since v6.21+dev0125.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:16 AM   #43
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Yes that's the plan.

Not that I know anything about stduio, but lv2 support on all platforms.
Yeah I mean't the vee one suite, sorry.
https://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/1896
Old 11-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #44
anthony329231

Probably a naive question, but how do I find LV2i instruments? The LV2i menu is empty for me, after installing guitarix at least (LV2 is populated however).

Ideally I'd like for find basic versions of a acoustic/electric guitar, bass, piano and drums. I'm not talking about super realistic sounding instruments, but something akin to basic MIDI sounds at least (think timidity for instance)

PS: for anyone who wonders why the LV2/LV2i menus don't show up, you have to restart reaper (and then it seems smart enough to look for /usr/lib/lv2)
anthony329231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #45
sub26nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony329231 View Post
Probably a naive question, but how do I find LV2i instruments? The LV2i menu is empty for me, after installing guitarix at least (LV2 is populated however).

Ideally I'd like for find basic versions of a acoustic/electric guitar, bass, piano and drums. I'm not talking about super realistic sounding instruments, but something akin to basic MIDI sounds at least (think timidity for instance)

PS: for anyone who wonders why the LV2/LV2i menus don't show up, you have to restart reaper (and then it seems smart enough to look for /usr/lib/lv2)
Guitarix is not a virtual instrument, it is a sound effect and guitar amps & cabs simulator and made to run as standalone JACK application. There are some guitarix.lv2 plugins but there are just separate plugins of the Guitarix 's sound fx/amps/cabs module. If you want virtual instruments, you have to look at sfizz (sfz rompler) and find SFZ archive for every instrument (guitar, bass, piano and drums). For Drums, take a look at Drumgizmo.
sub26nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #46
anthony329231

Thanks a lot for the pointers, I was able to find some instruments (https://sfzinstruments.github.io/) and install sfizz via APT. sfizz came with two binaries: sfizz_render and sfizz_jack, the former seems to turn midi to wav and the latter be a server. It's not clear to me how the SFZ -> LV2 conversion is supposed to happen. Maybe one needs to do a manual build in order to get sfizz_lv2? Sorry for co-opting this thread, though I imagine others may want to do the same thing.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #47
sub26nico

sfizz have lv2 and vst3 versions (and maybe a JACK standalone version) , but i never heard about sfizz_render, sorry.
https://github.com/sfztools/sfizz/
Maybe you should open another thread in the linux section of the forum, you will have more answer and help.
sub26nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #48
anthony329231

Actually I figured it out: upon restart of reaper (post sfizz install), the LV2i menu now shows: "LV2i: sfizz (SFZTools)". When you open it, you can then click on "Default instrument" in order to select a SFZ file corresponding to your instrument. I tried for instance to use https://github.com/sfzinstruments/Be...HeadroomPiano/ and it worked well. So basically the SFZ -> LV2 conversion happens under the hood, from a user perspective you're selecting a SFZ file.

Hope this is useful to someone else!
Old 02-25-2023, 01:08 PM   #49
anthony329231

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony329231 View Post

This is how I ended up using General Midi via LV2 for instruments (better than nothing): https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=17

Hope this helps someone else!