Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
Petite God
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering tracks outputs silence when using "Antelope AFX's" Plugins

Hey there!

I recently purchased an Antelope Zen Tour audio interface which has built in vintage EQ and Compressor emulations. The way you use them is by putting the "ReaInsert" plugin on your track in Reaper, selecting the appropriate outputs/inputs, eg. Outputs 6 and input 6, then using the internal routing matrix of the audio interface, put whatever EQ or Compressor in between output 6 and input 6.

I can get it to work just FINE, while MONITORING DURING PLAYBACK, but as soon as I try to PRINT the changes to audio by using the "Glue Items" function or "Render To New Track and Mute original" it just outputs SILENCE. As soon as I remove the "ReaInsert" plugin - everything prints normally. It doesn't matter if I put the "ReaInsert" plugin on the track or on the audio item.

I've contacted Antelope audio's support, they double checked my routing within the sound-card and said it's fine. They suggested a configuration in Reaper which does work, leading me to believe the problem is within Reaper itself, not their software.

Here's the setup:

On TRACK #1 I turn OFF the master send. I add a "Audio Hardware Output" that sends to output 6 in the routing options for the track. I put my processing onto this output within the software for my audio interface and send that to input 6.

On TRACK #2 I keep the master send ON, set the recording input to input 6 and under "Receives" in the track routing options I chose "Add Receives From all tracks"

If I arm TRACK #2 for recording and press record it prints out the processed audio. But if I make any changes to the hardware emulations "plugins" on my soundcard and try again - it just records the unprocessed signal. I then have to remove all of the receives I've set up on TRACK #2 and choose "Add Receives From all tracks" again. If I chose to add a receive from TRACK #1 specifically - it doesn't work.

This method of course has it's drawbacks:

I can't actually monitor any changes I make on my EQ's or compressors, I have to record to actually hear the changes.

It's terribly clumsy - I have to keep removing and adding all the sends.

Sometimes it just doesn't work.

I hope someone will be able to help me sort this mess out.

All the best!
Petite God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
Judders

You need to record it in real time. Right-click on the track record button and choose "record output". Record arm the track and press record.

If you have the tracks in a folder instead of using sends it should be easier. Record the output of the folder track. Bypass any fx on it once you've recorded its output and mute the folder children.

Last edited by Judders; 01-28-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
Petite God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
You need to record it in real time. Right-click on the track record button and choose "record output". Record arm the track and press record.

If you have the tracks in a folder instead of using sends it should be easier. Record the output of the folder track. Bypass any fx on it once you've recorded its output and mute the folder children.
Dude you are a LIFE SAVER. I got it to work using the folder method. I honestly though I was going to have to switch to another DAW... God forbid...

However I'm curious - is there any way to get it working on a SINGLE track? Having my audio and FX's on that one track, enabling "record output", arming and pressing record just outputs silence again.

All the best.
Petite God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:35 AM   #4
Judders

I don't know, the folder method is what I've got to work for me. I haven't done a ton of experimentation with other ways to be honest.

Glad the folder thing worked better though.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 08:14 AM   #5
ruslan

I was able to render antelope zen tour afx output (i belive it should work for other antelope interfaces also) using "Online render" mode in rendering settings window. Try to switch from "Full-speed offline"(which was default mode for me in reaper v 6.70) to "Online render".
Hope it helps someone!
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote