Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
lyquist
Human being with feelings

Default Just got my new speakers!!! Does anyone else use them??

I just got my m-audio studiophile LX4 2.1 speakers. They sound better than the Klipsch 2.1's they replaced. The overall bass response is better. It is hard to explain, but the bass in songs comes through better with these speakers. They are made as studio monitors and that is why I bought them....for my small home studio I'm setting up. I could REALLY hear how the Klipsch color the sound in a negative way after I played the same material through the m-audio's. I originally got turned onto the m-audio speakers by Maximum PC magazine. It is the ONLY magazine that I'll base hardware buying decisions off of. I have found them to be pretty accurate in their reviews (at least that is my experience). Does anyone else use these same speakers??? I bought them off of ebay and they were the only set for sale. I guess that shows that most people are happy with them I guess??? All I know is that I got a great deal on them and I am pleased. The connections are 1/4" TRS connections, so using a regular soundcard you would need an adapter for left and right, but I'm using a mixing board, so I just run the control room out to the sub and then regular speaker wire to the two satellites. I could buy 3 more sattelites and have a full 5.1 setup, but I don't really have the room for that at this time.

Lyquist
lyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
timmeh_fz3
Human being with feelings

I've got a small pair of JBLs on top of a larger pair of Tannoys. Don't recall the model of either....

If it's something that will actually be released, I'll do a lot of test CDs and play 'em in my 03 Toyota Camry! I've made some crucial decisions in that Camry!

cheers,
timmeh
timmeh_fz3 is offline   Reply With Quote