Old 01-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
Faderjockey
Human being with feelings

Default Crashing issue

I posted few days ago about some issues with my new Built PC and New Apollo 16MkII..
Well I did a reformat and things seemed better.. I thought I had an issue with a WD My Book 4tb USB drive that I was using only for backups. When I unplugged it things seemed better.

My recording drive is a WD 1tb M.2 and OS is on Samsung 512gb 850Pro.

Now I was bouncing a rough mix for client to work on backups at home.. It was crashing with looked like UAD plug errors. I can't get that window back. But now it bounces (doing it as MP3 just to email him) it gets to end of render then Reaper quits error window pops up. Sometimes when I reopened Reaper it wouldn't find Apollo again until I reboot. It's not doing that anymore seems to find it now. But I can't bounce this tune down to MP3 and we aren't close to done tracking or mixing this Album.. Which is 24/44.1
My other clients are at 32/96K that I started at another studio now need to finish here. Not sure what to do to get to the bottom of this issue.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #2
Faderjockey

Little update..Sill crashes at the end of the bounce but it's completing the bounce. I listened to the tune till the end twice. But can't figure out why Reaper crashes and close when bounce ends.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:30 AM   #3
ivansc

What did the error message say? Have you looked at the crashlog? Can you post it here?
A few more details on your system might help, too.
Bummer as I assume you are under some time constraints here too.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #4
Faderjockey

Not normal message. Just Reaper quit then says Windows will search for a solution.. or something I’ll have to make it happen again.

System is Win10 x64
Gigabyte z170x gaming7
i7 7700k
32gb ddr4 3200
Samsung 850 Pro
WD m.2

UA Apollo16MKII

Using Startech Thunderbolt adapter to Apollo.

I built and changed over to Apollo in the middle of 2 projects because my SSL converters died.
I ran those off an RME Digiface on my old machine. I already built this Daw only few weeks old had the RME in this and the SSL hooked up running. I choose this MB because of future Thunderbolt use.. but wasn’t planning to have to buy Apollo this soon money wise. But had to when SSL stopped working.

So I did a reformat and seemed fine then last nights session had a few weird things happen.. I knew I’d deal with something’s as I go.. and get it all tightened up.. but then crashes like this.. and a few times I’m doing something as simple as using SWS markerlist to highlight intro and end of tune getting ready to render and the UAD meter usage window was laying over top SWS markerlist.. I grab to drag it off and Reaper crashed then too.. at least twice when I tried it again. Don’t understand why it’s acting so unstable on new build when I would think it would be better then my last machine.

I also started it with resets configuration just to see what would happen if I render from there but before I even could bounce Reaper quit after I clicked some other stuff not sure.. I tried this reset after it seemed my normal one got stuck in a loop of open and crash before it went to my default session which is a blank start I’ve had forever..
Old 01-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
ivansc

Windows crashlog....
Old 01-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
Faderjockey

update so far.. cleared reaper off drive and appdata and registry.. test running 5.61 5.70 both off a jump drive running a little slower but they're working and not crashing only one song out of the session wanted to crash or did crash was because of slate verbSuite. So I open that song without effects got rid of those verbs saved it then reopened it. Next test is to try installing on the computer Drive again see if I have the same luck.