Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 01-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Marker text always same as marker lane text

I find I nearly always lighten the marker color and marker text from themes. For example, the default is a dark maroon marker (want it much lighter) so I change it and the text is gray (not enough contrast) so I make it brighter.

But you can't make them both lighter and easier on the eye if you want to see the number in the marker, because the marker text and the marker lane text get the same tweak. Make the lane text easier to read and the number disappears if you've lightened the marker. Make the marker and marker text the way it works and I'm often left with a more critical marker lane text that's unreadable.

It's not a great design that you can't remove the numbers from the markers or shrink them down to a smaller size, which would be nicely legible with a light color. But regardless, if one is using the numbers and the marker lane text it would better much better if they weren't tied to the same color and font size considering they're on two different, usually opposite for marker visibility, color choices.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

An example of starting with a theme I want to use and trying to get the markers and texts to work.

Just making the marker text and marker lane text not wedded to each other is all that's needed
It can be helped by not having a dark background in the marker lane, but...that's what I want : )

The timeline font can be independently altered but this is a different thing entirely, so they don't interact with either marker fonts, but strangely of you alter the timeline foreground this changes the timeline font color, though the timeline font chooser's color picker doesn't, and this does interact with the marker icon, putting a halo of this color around the marker, whether desired or not.

Maybe this can all be solved with a trip to another alert box somewhere, so I'd be happy to find out none of this is actually a nit : ) (But I think it is)