Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #121
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

That UI glitch worries me as it smells of some memory corruption (which is notoriously tricky to debug). Bri1 has had some similar ones too in the past. Especially the fact that the zero is not at zero strikes me as odd. But it's also a clue as to where to look.

Even remembering the filter/waveshaper/mode you came from and the filter/waveshaper/mode you went to would be helpful information. Even if not fully reproducible, it reduces the number of things I have to play with.

What do you mean by delay jumps? pdc_delay? Do you remember which filter it was on? For debugging pdc_delay issues relevant info is: filter type, FIR on or off, oversampling ratio and RMS time.

Last edited by sai'ke; Yesterday at 10:12 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #122
JamesPeters

That gui glitch looks like the same thing I had noticed and could not repeat. (Just a bit more complex of a glitch because it's a more complex curve that's being displayed in this example.) Same graph.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #123
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
That UI glitch worries me as it smells of some memory corruption (which is notoriously tricky to debug). Bri1 has had some similar ones too in the past. Especially the fact that the zero is not at zero strikes me as odd. But it's also a clue as to where to look.

Even remembering the filter/waveshaper/mode you came from and the filter/waveshaper/mode you went to would be helpful information. Even if not fully reproducible, it reduces the number of things I have to play with.

What do you mean by delay jumps? pdc_delay? Do you remember which filter it was on? For debugging pdc_delay issues relevant info is: filter type, FIR on or off, oversampling ratio and RMS time.
If it helps, the preset you see where the graphic glitch happened is exactly the preset that caused it. I did not change anything. I was just about to edit the input waveshaper as it happened. And it showed up several times when I adjusted the resonance. BUT it was the very first time that it happened. And I did a lot with Filther. So ...

And yes, I meant the pdc-delay. This happens after switching several presets. I will take closer look if I can recognize a pattern. If yes, feedback will show up here.

EDIT: As far as I remember it did not change the sound. Though I'm not sure about this it could be a hint that its only graphical.

Last edited by Eliseat; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #124
Bri1

Quote:
If it helps, the preset you see where the graphic glitch happened is exactly the preset that caused it.

hey- can you please try capturing some sessions with video software=usefull for retracing steps.. =)
keep the love flowing. filther is a winner already..honing is key now.
the more heads that focus on single issues=better for fixings.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #125
sai'ke

- Added gain linking. Thing is though, I think this feature is only useful for the linear filters (when you have no waveshaper available), because the other ones naturally saturate themselves. Still, it's there if someone wants to use it. The state is not stored, since I didn't feel it was worth spending a slider slot on (I'm severely limited in sliderslots atm).

- Fixed bug Eliseat mentioned with the modulation not being synced properly. The issue was that the modulation was not taking into account the lookahead properly. This has been fixed now.

Just a word about the pdc_delay, it may be that you had the RMS value set to a really high value. Note that one of the x4's changed to x8. Larger RMS integration time will lead to a larger pdc_delay. If you're in MIDI mode, I would advise to set it as low as possible to get the least amount of pdc_delay.

The only thing I can think of so far for the graphical glitch is that for some reason init is not called, and the memory address the spline shaper is looking at is wrong. If it happens again, try doubleclicking the logo and see if that fixes it. If that does or doesn't will be another valuable clue to me.

Last edited by sai'ke; Today at 05:28 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #126
Sju

Quote:
- Added gain linking.
Thank you, this is really useful! I like that it doesn't just snap the sliders to the opposite value, but instead preserves the relative positions.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #127
Eliseat

Quote:
Just a word about the pdc_delay, it may be that you had the RMS value set to a really high value. Note that one of the x4's changed to x8. Larger RMS integration time will lead to a larger pdc_delay. If you're in MIDI mode, I would advise to set it as low as possible to get the least amount of pdc_delay...
Ah, this could be it. I never took my focus on rms values and sometimes I just altered an existing preset without noticing if rms was set or not. I will take a look at this the next time.
BUT the problem is, those huge pdc delays don't go away if I choose another preset. Even if I switch from a preset with about 100 spls to a preset which burts it to 26000 spls and then back, the 100 spls turns into 26000 or - in other words - the 26000 stays the whole time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #128
sai'ke

Hmmm. Could you attach the two presets in question? I'd like to study them.