Old 10-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
Rusty Falcon
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Version 11

I noticed today that Waves Version 11 was being offered through Waves Central. Having gone through abject pain with V10, I was hesitant but took the plunge.

Absolutely gobsmacked that the upgrade from V10 to V11 went flawlessly and the plugins appeared in Reaper with no burden, no work, no rescan, nothing. They simply replaced my V10 plugins in mixes.

Color me shocked.
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
_parasite_

i was installing a new computer. Almost all my waves are version 9.
Long story short i had to download all their plugins and pick mine from the offlineinstaller. I could not do an online installation with either the new or old waves central
_parasite_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
I noticed today that Waves Version 11 was being offered through Waves Central. Having gone through abject pain with V10, I was hesitant but took the plunge.

Absolutely gobsmacked that the upgrade from V10 to V11 went flawlessly and the plugins appeared in Reaper with no burden, no work, no rescan, nothing. They simply replaced my V10 plugins in mixes.

Color me shocked.
How does that suite compare to FabFilter?
Old 10-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _parasite_ View Post
i was installing a new computer. Almost all my waves are version 9.
Long story short i had to download all their plugins and pick mine from the offlineinstaller. I could not do an online installation with either the new or old waves central
Correct unfortunately. Installing older versions requires offline installers. I had an issue when V10 first came out that I needed to downgrade. I called Waves Tech Support and they guided me through the download and install of V9.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
How does that suite compare to FabFilter?
TBH Fabfilter Pro-Q3 EQ is my go-to EQ, and the only FF plugin I have at this time. I want to get their Pro-MB but feel I'm covered for other needs by Waves, Slate, and Plugin Alliance.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
ivansc

I have a mix of v9 and v10 plugins. Just downloaded the new version of waves central, installed it & no issues at all. Other than having to get used to a new GUI.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
blumpy

Default Kept v10 too....

Unfortunately for me all the v10 plugins still exist. So there's 2 versions of everything that I updated. What did I do wrong?
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:15 AM   #8
blumpy

Default Manual removal

I ended up manually removing the v10 plugins and rescanning and that seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully it will not confuse the waves app.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #9
Valle

I don't trust Waves Central in the slightest!

As much as I love the Waves plugins, I fully despise their "central". Sometimes I feel so stupid, because I have spent $1000+ on their plugins. And every time I buy new or upgrade/update the "central" messes things up. Actually, I can't remember once – ONCE – that a Waves installation went well and without me having to spend time on manually deleting the crap Waves leaves behind after a crashed installation.

Obviously, I will need to update. Mostly since there are many fixes. But right now I'm halfway into a 12 track album project, and for me it would be like playing with fire from hell to even think about updating before the project is completed.

But, I do envy all you guys who never seems to have a problem with WC (a good name, there).
Old 10-30-2019, 01:18 AM   #10
winbe

Thanks to their $29 deals, I bought a few wave plugins, MV2, CLA Mixdown, SSL E, Rbass, Bass Slapper, Reel ADT, Sheps Omni Channel...

But they are the only plugin company to offer a 1 license only, so I would have to buy a second licence for my laptop...

So I decided to slowly replace them with plugins from other companies... I can't even resell the Waves plugins I own because of the high transfer fee they ask
Old 10-30-2019, 01:31 AM   #11
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post

But, I do envy all you guys who never seems to have a problem with WC (a good name, there).
I always had problems, not with WC directly, but with the refresh of plugins... as there is only one WaveShell dll, the plugins were not seen as updated, and each time I installed a new plugin from Waves, it was not recognized, I had to find this @!# waveshell dll and rename it to force it to be rescanned.

But the biggest issue for me is the 1 license thing... ok I could move my USB stick but this is really annoying... I mean, all the other major plugin provider offer 2 licenses... So I am done with Waves!

EDIT: oh yes, people will also tell you to use the Cloud... but the system is totally ridiculous, as you have to first remove the license physically on computer A, before adding the license to computer B! The other "cloud" systems allow you to connect to computer B and from there, take the license, which will be then not accessible to computer A.
But with Waves you have to plan things ahead...
I read on many forums that I should simply pay two licenses... but I refuse to do so!
Old 10-30-2019, 01:45 AM   #12
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
Thanks to their $29 deals, I bought a few wave plugins, MV2, CLA Mixdown, SSL E, Rbass, Bass Slapper, Reel ADT, Sheps Omni Channel...

But they are the only plugin company to offer a 1 license only, so I would have to buy a second licence for my laptop...

So I decided to slowly replace them with plugins from other companies... I can't even resell the Waves plugins I own because of the high transfer fee they ask
d`Oh! RTFM! All you need to do is stick your waves licences on a usb stick as outlined in the manual & you can then just plug it in to whatever device you like & your waves plugs will work, so long as you have the actual plugins installed. You can even do this by downloading and installing them onto someone else`s computer temporarily, as the plugs will ONLY work if your USB licence holder is plugged in.
I use this to apply waves plugs to projects on my laptop when I am away from the studio machine & it is utterly reliable. If you are paranoid about that, simply shift all your licences onto waves` cloud & then transfer them onto your laptop. But the USB stick idea is way easier to do and more convenient.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:50 AM   #13
ivansc

Er - all you ever needed to do was do a clear/rescan in reaper. does all this automatically for you. As far as my suggestion re the cloud goes, again you have misunderstood how to do it. IF you have the plugins you want to use installed on the new machine (you have to do this anyway) all you then need to do is use WC to transfer the plugs to the "other" machine. ONE click transfers them all instantly. Same in reverse when you want to switch back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
I always had problems, not with WC directly, but with the refresh of plugins... as there is only one WaveShell dll, the plugins were not seen as updated, and each time I installed a new plugin from Waves, it was not recognized, I had to find this @!# waveshell dll and rename it to force it to be rescanned.

(OR JUST DO A CLEAR/RESCAN like I said.)

But the biggest issue for me is the 1 license thing... ok I could move my USB stick but this is really annoying... I mean, all the other major plugin provider offer 2 licenses... So I am done with Waves!

EDIT: oh yes, people will also tell you to use the Cloud... but the system is totally ridiculous, as you have to first remove the license physically on computer A, before adding the license to computer B! The other "cloud" systems allow you to connect to computer B and from there, take the license, which will be then not accessible to computer A.
But with Waves you have to plan things ahead...
I read on many forums that I should simply pay two licenses... but I refuse to do so!
Old 10-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #14
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
d`Oh! RTFM! All you need to do is stick your waves licences on a usb stick as outlined in the manual
yes, I know, this is why I wrote that I know I could use a USB stick, but this is annoying, the more you manipulate it, the more risk you have;

but you are right, this is probably what I should do. My licenses are already on an USB stick anyway.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:57 AM   #15
winbe

Quote:
Er - all you ever needed to do was do a clear/rescan in reaper. does all this automatically for you.
yes.. but no!
I mean, with any other new plugin I buy: I install it, and within reaper, I simply add fx, type the name, press F5 and boom, voilà, it appears!

Why would I clear the whole cache, and rescan my 138 other plugins? When I only installed one... I tried this, but rescanning is slow and hangs with some of my plugins, as they connect to internet to check some stuff, or reask for authorization.

Quote:
As far as my suggestion re the cloud goes, again you have misunderstood how to do it. IF you have the plugins you want to use installed on the new machine (you have to do this anyway) all you then need to do is use WC to transfer the plugs to the "other" machine. ONE click transfers them all instantly. Same in reverse when you want to switch back.
Yes, but you have to be connected on the "previous" machine, to somehow "push" the licenses to the new one. Other systems in the cloud allow you to "pull" from the new machine from the old, which is a million times more convenient, as you don't have to plan things.

I mean, I take my laptop with me, but I don't know if I'll produce music with it... until I actually do. I would love to simply be able to "pull the licenses", only if needed.

So yes, in the end, moving the USB stick is my best choice...
Old 10-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #16
Rusty Falcon

Guys if you are having issues, contact Waves Support. They can arrange a time with you to remote in to your computer and work with you to correct any issues. Reaper has been officially supported for about 2 years now so they will certainly assist if needed.

As 'ivansc' offered, a good practice whenever updating Waves is to do a "clear cache & rescan" operation. Since WavesShell files 'point' to where the plugins REALLY are, clear and rescan will read the WavesShell file redirection and update the VST2 or VST3 locations to Reaper.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #17
Valle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
Guys if you are having issues, contact Waves Support. They can arrange a time with you to remote in to your computer and work with you to correct any issues. Reaper has been officially supported for about 2 years now so they will certainly assist if needed.

As 'ivansc' offered, a good practice whenever updating Waves is to do a "clear cache & rescan" operation. Since WavesShell files 'point' to where the plugins REALLY are, clear and rescan will read the WavesShell file redirection and update the VST2 or VST3 locations to Reaper.
I don't believe the "issue" is that the "issuelized" user doesn't know how to clear and re-scan. The issue is that Waves' poorly written installer doesn't know how to clean its own shit from the computer, which instead the user must do manually on his/her own, or else the installer won't cope.

Maybe I should remote in to Waves servers instead and code them a better installer
Old 10-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #18
blumpy

Default Contacted Waves

I contacted Waves support last night before I manually removed the v10 plugins that remained and clearing cache and rescanning.

Here's their instructions to remove older versions of waves and updating to the lastest:

Step #1 — Verify that all licenses are activated to your system

Launch Waves Central .
On the left bar select the Licenses page.
Under Connected Devices, select your device and use the arrow on the right to expand the list.
Check that your licenses are indeed activated to the device you’ve selected.
If there are licenses that have not yet been activated, they will appear under My License Cloud at the top of the page. Use the arrow on the right to expand the list.
Choose the licenses you wish to activate. Selected licenses will appear in the list on the right.
Choose the target device for the activated license.
Click the Activate button.
The license is activated on the selected device and no longer appears on your cloud.

Step #2 — Run the Version Organizer

Quit all audio applications.
Launch Waves Central on the system where your licenses are activated.
Go to the Settings page.
Under Maintenance, locate the Version Organizer and click Run to its right.
In the next window, click Run again. Mac - you will be prompted to enter your administrator password.
Waves Central will now organize your plugins by version and license.
Once the process is complete, click OK.

I had no idea the version organizer existed. This is the step i missed which ended up installed two of everything.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #19
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
I had no idea the version organizer existed. This is the step i missed which ended up installed two of everything.
Good point to raise Blumpy. I think the Version Organizer is new with the most recent version of Waves Central. I did not have to use it myself, but suspect it may be the answer to try if someone has unwanted mixed older versions remaining after a V11 upgrade.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #20
blumpy

Default Waves 11 update

Its important to add that if you have v10 and v11 waves plugins you'll need to clear cache and rescan vsts after running the waves version organizer. If all of your plugins are updating to v11 then it's likely unnecessarily if Waves removes the v10 plugin and will automatically scan the v11 update.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #21
ivansc

It all stemps from the fact that Waves plugins arent really VST or any of the other standard plugin formats. They set out to use their own proprietary format, right from the beginning. They then simply write a shell for every new flavour of plugin that DAW developers come up with, which is why their plugins work with the various weird formats that abound & will continue to do so.
Not every DAW has to do the equivalent of a clear/rescan like reaper does, but it IS Reaper`s way of dealing with the shell system & it works. Especially since the advent of Waves Central.

YES it would be great if it all worked automatically and never caused any issues, but it is neither Waves nor Reapers fault, just a combination of Weird Shit.
so you either live with it or move on.
We should have a special area devoted to whining about Waves & offering solutions.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #22
mhuss

Actually, the latest versions of REAPER have a "reaper-vstshell64.ini" config file that seems to deal with Waves' oddball system (it contains only Waves-specific items).

When I updated the (unexpired/less than one year old*) versions of '10' plugins to '11' a new entry was created: [WaveShell1_VST3_11.0_x64.vst3]

So REAPER seems aware.

*Waves needs to have $29 sales on their license renewals.
mhuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #23
Tod

I recently purchased a waves plugin and couldn't get it to work. Not only that, but it knocked out another plugin the was working fine till I tried to install the new plugin.

I contacted Waves but go no answer.

Then today, I opened Waves Central again and it prompted that there was a new version of Waves Central so I went for it.

I'm happy to say, I've now got all my waves plugins. Strangely they are all in VST3 format and non in VST2. I don't care as long as they work.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #24
Tod

Quote:
It all stemps from the fact that Waves plugins arent really VST or any of the other standard plugin formats. They set out to use their own proprietary format, right from the beginning. They then simply write a shell for every new flavour of plugin that DAW developers come up with, which is why their plugins work with the various weird formats that abound & will continue to do so.
Not every DAW has to do the equivalent of a clear/rescan like reaper does, but it IS Reaper`s way of dealing with the shell system & it works. Especially since the advent of Waves Central.

YES it would be great if it all worked automatically and never caused any issues, but it is neither Waves nor Reapers fault, just a combination of Weird Shit.
so you either live with it or move on.
We should have a special area devoted to whining about Waves & offering solutions.
Hey old buddy, you seem to be an expert with Waves plugins, I might have to call on you some day.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #25
citizenkeith

I have never ever had a single problem with Valhalla, Tokyo Dawn, Stillwell, Fabfilter or Klanghelm plugins.

And we know the difference between Waves' licenses and the above developers.

PS Anytime I have to contact Waves support, I make it a point to tell the customer service person that I would prefer to use a simple license key instead of Waves Central. I state the reasons why, and ask them to forward my email to CEO Gilad Keren.
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:05 AM   #26
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hey old buddy, you seem to be an expert with Waves plugins, I might have to call on you some day.
Any time, Tod. I got most of the basics that I learnty on here courtesy of The Heart Doctor. He put it all in a language I could understand & I have been doing my best to pass it forward ever since.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:13 AM   #27
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkeith View Post
PS Anytime I have to contact Waves support, I make it a point to tell the customer service person that I would prefer to use a simple license key instead of Waves Central. I state the reasons why, and ask them to forward my email to CEO Gilad Keren.
Unfortunately their shell system is so embedded in ALL their stuff, especially since their actual plugins have never been written as *.ddl format files or indeed any of the other popular suffixes, that the only way for them to accede to your wishes would be to scrap their whole system and start again. Can you imagine the legacy nightmares??

And FWIW as I have said SO many times before, if you follow their existing procedures to the letter, you too will have a stable reliable system like mine. (I really hope I am not leading with my chin here)

The most consistent problem with users who were on Waves plugs pre Waves Central is that they never fully cleared out all the old stuff left behind by earlier installations, which can cause all sorts of random issues even with wc IN FORCE.

My solution was to use IOBit`s uninstaller to nuke anything waves still showing on my computer and then go through all the likely hiding places and deleting any other Waves files or folders I found. It was only after I did this that I started getting such a smooth ride.
Places to look on PC are C:\Program files\vstplugins (and Program files (x86) of course) plus Program files\Common files\ and of course "yourusername"\Program data & the like.
No idea on Mac but I dont really know if Mac users have similar issues or not.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:59 AM   #28
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I'm happy to say, I've now got all my waves plugins. Strangely they are all in VST3 format and non in VST2. I don't care as long as they work.
REAPER automatically filters for Waves VST3 plugins in the fx browser, because that is the only type that are officially supported in REAPER by Waves.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:15 AM   #29
mikeonb4c

Default Having a Grim Time with Reaper and Waves v11

I too am having a grim time since Waves v11 pushed its way onto my laptop and desktop DAW stations. Reaper keeps saying in can't find the WavesLecenseEngine.bundle on the C: drive. It loads legacy projects with some Waves plugins OK and some not found (although if I re-Add the offending plugin it is happy with that!). It crashes when I try to clear-rescan the Preferences VST cache (saying plugin Waveshell5-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 executed invalid operation during scanning). In short, its a nightmare and I'm waiting for their technical support to get back to me (they don't seem very quick either!). And this is just on my Win10 laptop. My desktop runs Win8.1 and having been pushed into installing Waves v11 and having these issues, I see in their FAQs that v11 doesn't support Win8.1. What! I'm about to shut down the laptop and see what happens on the desktop (which was - curiously - working fine along with the laptop yesterday when I first installed v11).

I'm an older guy with limited IT skills and have used my meagre pensioners budget to buy Waves stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if I've made a terrible mistake :-(
mikeonb4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:07 AM   #30
citizenkeith

Quote:
Unfortunately their shell system is so embedded in ALL their stuff, especially since their actual plugins have never been written as *.ddl format files or indeed any of the other popular suffixes, that the only way for them to accede to your wishes would be to scrap their whole system and start again. Can you imagine the legacy nightmares??
Yup, that’s exactly what they should do. Scrap this system and make actual VST plugins.

Their copy protection scheme doesn’t work.
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:10 AM   #31
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeonb4c View Post
I too am having a grim time since Waves v11 pushed its way onto my laptop and desktop DAW stations. Reaper keeps saying in can't find the WavesLecenseEngine.bundle on the C: drive. It loads legacy projects with some Waves plugins OK and some not found (although if I re-Add the offending plugin it is happy with that!). It crashes when I try to clear-rescan the Preferences VST cache (saying plugin Waveshell5-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 executed invalid operation during scanning). In short, its a nightmare and I'm waiting for their technical support to get back to me (they don't seem very quick either!). And this is just on my Win10 laptop. My desktop runs Win8.1 and having been pushed into installing Waves v11 and having these issues, I see in their FAQs that v11 doesn't support Win8.1. What! I'm about to shut down the laptop and see what happens on the desktop (which was - curiously - working fine along with the laptop yesterday when I first installed v11).

I'm an older guy with limited IT skills and have used my meagre pensioners budget to buy Waves stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if I've made a terrible mistake :-(
No, you simply have to identify which version of Waves plugins you have. I mostly have v9, so I had to download the offline installer here:
https://www.waves.com/downloads/v9
Old 10-31-2019, 08:47 AM   #32
mikeonb4c

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
No, you simply have to identify which version of Waves plugins you have. I mostly have v9, so I had to download the offline installer here:
Thanks for that - really appreciate you coming back with that suggestion. I bought my first plugin in Feb 2019 and it was Waves Central v10 when I set up my Wave account. My latest purchases are RBass and VocalRider both of which I only installed as demos under v10 but purchased yesterday (I think) after I'd installed v11. My first question is how do I identify which version of my various plugins do I have (I'm still trying to understand why / whether to use VST or VST3, what the 86 versions are for etc - I'm new at this!). Their names don't seem to give an idea of whether they are v10 or v11 etc.

Oh and to add a little spice to the mystery, I just took my Reaper USB stick over to my Win8.1 desktop (which isn't officially supported under v11 Waves FAQs say) and there seem to be no issues at all!

Baffling (for a Bear of Average Brain)

Mike
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #33
mikeonb4c

Quote:
Prompted by your post, I found new energy and went searching again. I bumped into a Waves page that invited me to download v11 versions of my plugins (it even seemed to know which ones I had - spooky). This I did, reinstalled and hey presto everything seems OK now. Its as though v11 installed yesterday but didn't steer me towards whatever else I needed to do and/or using the same USB stick later on the Win8.1 machine got Waves confused (and so it will be interesting to see what happens when I take the Reaper USB stick and put it back in the desktop and then, later, back in the laptop). Watch this space, and thanks again.

Mike
Old 10-31-2019, 09:38 AM   #34
kirk1701

Quote:
Prompted by your post, I found new energy and went searching again. I bumped into a Waves page that invited me to download v11 versions of my plugins (it even seemed to know which ones I had - spooky). This I did, reinstalled and hey presto everything seems OK now. Its as though v11 installed yesterday but didn't steer me towards whatever else I needed to do and/or using the same USB stick later on the Win8.1 machine got Waves confused (and so it will be interesting to see what happens when I take the Reaper USB stick and put it back in the desktop and then, later, back in the laptop). Watch this space, and thanks again.

Mike
Yeah, it only automatically recognizes v10 and v11. You have to go looking for v9.

I think the plan is to gently urge you to pay for the Waves Update Plan. I'd only do that if I was having trouble with my plugins.

In fact, the Abbey Road RS56 has been extremely difficult to use. I understand it's the GUI that doesn't play nice with Nvidia cards.

Does anyone know if v11 fixes this? I'll pay the $25 if it helps me use the plugin more.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:17 AM   #35
mikeonb4c

Quote:
Yeah, it only automatically recognizes v10 and v11. You have to go looking for v9.

I think the plan is to gently urge you to pay for the Waves Update Plan. I'd only do that if I was having trouble with my plugins.

In fact, the Abbey Road RS56 has been extremely difficult to use. I understand it's the GUI that doesn't play nice with Nvidia cards.

Does anyone know if v11 fixes this? I'll pay the $25 if it helps me use the plugin more.
Its so uninviting for a newbie like me. All of my purchases are under 1yr old so are covered by the WUP for now, but the WUP cost after that seems almost as much as the plugin purchase price total and my income won't bear that! And you'd think since I bought using v10 that the update would all happen under the bonnet and not leave you stranded. Hey ho, I'm about to move to and fro between desktop and laptop and see if things remain stable. Thanks again, really appreciated the support.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #36
ivansc

@ mike Worth noting that in all the years I have owned Waves products I never bought WUP but all my plugins still work fine & none of them seem to have been updated significantly over the years, so why spend the money?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #37
mikeonb4c

Quote:
@ mike Worth noting that in all the years I have owned Waves products I never bought WUP but all my plugins still work fine & none of them seem to have been updated significantly over the years, so why spend the money?
Thanks and noted - its reassuring to know that. Whether its Waves v11 thats caused it but my DAW Win10 laptop suddenly became very slow today and despite trying everything it has remained slugged. Curiously, my Win8.1 desktop is working fine with v11 (though v11 is very slow to load) even though v11 is not officially supported on 8.1. Meanwhile I've had no reply from Waves Tech Support. I'm not impressed but it is what it is i guess.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #38
JohnnyMusic

Default Question on the topic of waves update to V11

I had V10 plugins, and I saw on the waves site that I had some that had newer versions. I thought, oooohhh, a new version!, and downloaded them but they turned out to be V11, which I didn't know. Apparently V11 does not support windows 8.1.
So then I tried to get the V10 versions of those plugins back.

Here's is what I did to re-install V10.
1) First I went to waves central maintenance and uninstalled V11
2) Then I went to install > all products and selected the V10 plugins I wanted to get back and installed them
3) Then I went to My products and it only lists V11 versions (and not V10 versions) of the plugins but says they are not installed or activated.
4) I went to All products and it shows the V10 plugins are installed but not activated
5) In licenses it only listed V11 licenses of the V10 plugins
6) The plugins are working, but it is not at all clear to me if I did this correctly?

-Am I to use V11 licenses for V10 products and did I do this correctly?
-Why don't the V10 versions of the plugins show in "my products"?

Now, this all may work, but how it is supposed to work is not at all intuitive or obvious. The interface could be much better designed. Perhaps it is designed this way to encouraged upgrading to V11?
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:35 AM   #39
mikeonb4c

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMusic View Post
I had V10 plugins, and I saw on the waves site that I had some that had newer versions. I thought, oooohhh, a new version!, and downloaded them but they turned out to be V11, which I didn't know. Apparently V11 does not support windows 8.1.
So then I tried to get the V10 versions of those plugins back.

Here's is what I did to re-install V10.
1) First I went to waves central maintenance and uninstalled V11
2) Then I went to install > all products and selected the V10 plugins I wanted to get back and installed them
3) Then I went to My products and it only lists V11 versions (and not V10 versions) of the plugins but says they are not installed or activated.
4) I went to All products and it shows the V10 plugins are installed but not activated
5) In licenses it only listed V11 licenses of the V10 plugins
6) The plugins are working, but it is not at all clear to me if I did this correctly?

-Am I to use V11 licenses for V10 products and did I do this correctly?
-Why don't the V10 versions of the plugins show in "my products"?

Now, this all may work, but how it is supposed to work is not at all intuitive or obvious. The interface could be much better designed. Perhaps it is designed this way to encouraged upgrading to V11?
Totally agree - the whole thing is a shambles and a huge distraction from getting on with creating music. My experience seems to be that Waves Central v11 has not upset my Win8.1 machine (though I'm frightened to load it up more than necessary in case it screws that machine also) and my (v10 presumably) plugins are still happy in Reaper. After Waves Central v11 was installed on my Win10 laptop everything (from memory, I'm beginning to lose track of events!) Reaper seemed happy with the Waves plugins. But after my USB stick (on which I keep Reaper) was used on the Win8.1 machine, my next attempt to work on the Win10 laptop resulted in some (but not all) Waves plugins not being found (some error message about waveslicenceengine.bundle not being found). After I reinstalled choosing v11 plugins using Waves Central v11 everything seemed fine. But then I started work on the laptop yesterday and it was working (on every app) like a snail. Something is slugging it and i can't work on why, or fix it, despite disabling startup apps, trying (and failing) with a restore point etc. Curiously, Waves v11 doesnt show in my Uninstall programnmes options. All this seems coincident with the Waves v11 installation. I expect readers of this are as confused and bored as I am, and still no useful answer from Waves Tech Support (even though I am entitled to WUP for the first year of owning their products). I am becoming highly unimpressed with Waves so just hope they can redeem themselves (or are they too big to care - I noticed a Waves MaxxAudio startup app on the Dell laptop which could be part of its supplied software). Yawn!
Old 11-02-2019, 03:59 AM   #40
ivansc

Quote:
Thanks and noted - its reassuring to know that. Whether its Waves v11 thats caused it but my DAW Win10 laptop suddenly became very slow today and despite trying everything it has remained slugged. Curiously, my Win8.1 desktop is working fine with v11 (though v11 is very slow to load) even though v11 is not officially supported on 8.1. Meanwhile I've had no reply from Waves Tech Support. I'm not impressed but it is what it is i guess.

Worth remembering that Waves are essentially an Israeli company, so who knows how klunky their internet is over there, assuming that is where their support desk is based!