Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Crabby
Human being with feelings

Default IK Multimedia Help Needed

Hello everybody! Fairly new Reaper cheerleader. Love Reaper. Love this this forum! I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me, and the support team at IK Multimedia crack a couple issues I've run into. A few weeks ago I installed the IK Multimedia Total Studio 3 on my mac. Everything works fine, except...

1) Whenever I unload an IK plugin, I get a "reaper_host_i386 quit unexpectedly" error message. This happens every time, and causes any other IK plugins that are in use, to not work (basically unloading an IK plugin takes the 32 bit bridge down). I'd really like to solve this one! Any suggestions?

2) I cannot get Sampletank 2 XL to open, at all. Trying to open Sampletank takes me straight to the "reaper_host_i386 quit unexpectedly" error message. I really like the other IK instruments that I have working (Sampletron, Samplemoog, Sonik Synth, Philharmonik). I would love to be able to get Sampletank working!

I've searched, and I haven't found but a couple mentions of this "reaper_host_i386 quit unexpectedly" message. Has anybody dealt with this thing? Maybe there's something in my Reaper preferences that I should be aware of? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mac Pro 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, OS X 10.7.5, 12 GB Ram, Mbox Pro, reaper 4.402
Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
Calculomicon

Are the IK plugs available in 64 bit? I assume you are running REAPER 64 right?
Calculomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
DarkStar

They are 32-bit only, ST3 will be 64-bit.

As the others run OK, then ST2 should run OK too. Was there anything different in the installation? I have heard talk of "file permissions" sometimes causing issues - can you check / revise them?

Does the ST2 standalone run OK?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Crabby

How are you two doing?

These IK plug-ins are 32 bit, and I am using Reaper 64. Even though the other IK workstations ran, I could not get SampleTank to open. Checked permissions, repaired disks... ST2 standalone would not open either...

The good news... late yesterday, an IK tech was able to get me up and running with SampleTank2. Deleting the ST2Pref.txt file did the trick!

File: /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.x/Preferences/ST2Pref.txt <<< delete this file

SampleTank2 now opens and closes as it should. The other instruments (SampleMoog, SampleTron, etc...) still crash the bridge when unloaded from a track. When I unload one of these from a track, it takes all the other IK instruments with it...

"reaper_host_i386 quit unexpectedly"

I'm looking at loading all these different instrument sound libraries into SampleTank2. Are there any disadvantages of having a ton of samples inside one workstation? Other than having to scroll through a ton of stuff to find the moog? Is there less of a CPU hit with everything running/consolidated in one workstation? I haven't had a chance to test this myself, or search for the answers...

I appreciate you two chiming in. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
sfiks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
I'm looking at loading all these different instrument sound libraries into SampleTank2. Are there any disadvantages of having a ton of samples inside one workstation?
It takes a bit longer to load SampleTank.
I have SonikSynth, SampleMoog and SampleTank in SampleTank's Instruments directory.
Peace.
sfiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
DarkStar

"The other instruments (SampleMoog, SampleTron, etc...)" are older versions of the software. But, as you said, you can load their instruments into SampleTank.

Just set up your folders as, (this is on Windows), but the principle is the same):
M:\IK Multimedia/SampleMoog
M:\IK Multimedia/SampleTank
M:\IK Multimedia/SampleTron
and select M:\IK Multimedia in SampleTank's Preferences window. While you are there turn off "Relist on startup" and drag the Number of Outputs up to 31+32.

If you want to use the SampleMoog Combis in SampleTank you will need to move/copy them from the SampleMoog Presets folder to (a sub-folder in) the SampleTank Presets folder. I do no know where they are on OSX.

Last edited by DarkStar; 05-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Crabby

Thank you two! I've got all my libraries humming inside SampleTank. Works fine. The only problem is, on my high resolution monitor, the fonts in these IK instruments are extremely tiny. This makes locating sounds difficult.

I appreciate you mentioning the combis, DarkStar. I'm going to tackle these next... Thanks again!