Old 11-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
davewah
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER in SOUNDGRID

Hello, Is Reaper supported inside Soundgrid? Is anyone using Reaper inside Waves SoundGrid?
davewah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
davewah

Default No is the answer

I'm replying to my own post. Soundgrid is not supported by Reaper. Soundgrid I/O will show up and work in Reaper but Studio Rack and Low Latency Monitoring as provided by the addition of a Waves Server to the Soundgrid Network is not supported by Reaper at present. That's a shame
Old 12-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
leighhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewah View Post
I'm replying to my own post. Soundgrid is not supported by Reaper. Soundgrid I/O will show up and work in Reaper but Studio Rack and Low Latency Monitoring as provided by the addition of a Waves Server to the Soundgrid Network is not supported by Reaper at present. That's a shame
I agree that Soundgrid is not supported by Reaper.
However, I use a waves server successfully in two scenarios with Reaper.

Scenario 1 -
Reaper running the Soundgrid Driver, inserts on tracks routed to Multirack Soundgrid on another computer. Master out from Reaper also routed via Multirack Soundgrid.
I use this setup to audition / edit live show multitrack using the same MultiRack Soundgrid setup as I use on a Yamaha CL5 with two Waves cards during shows.

Scenario 2 -
Reaper running Soundgrid driver again, this time using multiple computers to stream instruments/audio to my 'Reaper master recorder / mixer' computer.
Then I use up to 64 channels of input monitoring with Studio Rack / Soundgrid Studio to keep low latency monitoring of the inputs from the instruments/audio from the other computers.

These two setups have worked flawlessly for me so far.
I was expecting some unwieldy latency in scenario 2, but I can get audio from a midi triggered instrument in, for example, Logic Prox on one of the remote computers, and monitor it comfortably at <4ms latency, which, for my abysmal musicianship, is quite unnoticeable.

Drop me a message if you have a scenario you are trying to achieve and I will see if I can talk you through it.

Regards,
Leigh

PS - this is all on Macs , not Windows.
leighhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #4
davewah

Interesting, Waves Tech Support are very coy in their replies. So they don't outwardly state that SoundGrid will or will not run with Reaper. I need to expand my studio I/O and to a SoundGrid looks good. But I really like Reaper and it would prefer to keep it. Thanks for the info.