Old 03-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
markheath
Human being with feelings

Default World's Most Annoying Song...

...well that's what my wife called it last night anyway! Its not really a song, just an improvised short piece for me to try out REAPER's features with - so I didn't even fix any mistakes. But as it is my first REAPER recording, and since I'm officially not allowed to play it ever again, I thought I would share it with you all...

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=102471
markheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
jdavidb

the annoying part is the site where you uploaded it to
jdavidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidb View Post
the annoying part is the site where you uploaded it to
i agree. it took me a good 20 seconds to spot the download button. doesn't sound too annoying but i can feel your wife's pain, as i'm sure you can.
brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
doesn't sound too annoying but i can feel your wife's pain, as i'm sure you can.
btw, i was speaking of the repetitious playback during recording/mixing a song.
brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
richlum

Man that is an annoying site to download from...

I clicked the download button 3 times before I realised I had to enter the code into the blank field. The first couple didn't even look like codes as they were all jumbled characters.

Nice sounding recording.

Wouldn't call it annoying... probably needs something else to go along with it (words, other sections etc.) but sounds like a good recording
richlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 AM   #6
markheath

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlum View Post
Man that is an annoying site to download
I actually tried out a whole bunch of sites from this thread: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6774

Can't say I really liked any of them better than my usual choices (megaupload or soundclick). We badly need someone to create the audio equivalent of YouTube - easy & free to upload, hosted on high bandwidth servers, easily playable in any browser without needing to login and embeddable on any website.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 AM   #7
jdavidb

Youtube does have good sound, and its embedding works better than Livevideo even though LV looks and sounds better. Livevideo is currently only good for browsing around within Livevideo. I see Livevideo embedding crap out often.

We could just put a still image in a video with the song as the audio track and use Youtube anyway. I'm sure lots of people are doing it already. I do that except I actually make a video. Even though Windows Movie Maker is known to be quite a lousy video editor, it can handle the simple sort of job of holding an image alongside an imported audio track. So, Windows XP users already have a free video editor that can do this.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
richlum

I've just swapped over to dmusic.com from mp3.com.au and I am liking it.

I have it set so if people go to htpp://richlum.dmusic.com/ it goes striaght to my list of songs and I'm pretty sure you don't have to login or sign up to listen to them.

Not really embeddable(ie. can't link directly to the song) but I don't see that as a big deal if peple can listen to the tunes easily.

Rich
richlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:32 AM   #9
markheath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidb View Post
We could just put a still image in a video with the song as the audio track and use Youtube anyway.
that gives me a crazy idea for a feature request for Reaper - what if "Save Live Output To Disk" could do video as well. For the image it could do regularly updated screengrabs of the reaper main window. Its probably far too much work for the benefit, but it would mean that making tutorials would become super easy, and also any uploaded songs to YouTube would be REAPER adverts at the same time. It would be great for bug reports too.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #10
jdavidb

Quote:
Originally Posted by markheath View Post
that gives me a crazy idea for a feature request for Reaper - what if "Save Live Output To Disk" could do video as well. For the image it could do regularly updated screengrabs of the reaper main window. Its probably far too much work for the benefit, but it would mean that making tutorials would become super easy, and also any uploaded songs to YouTube would be REAPER adverts at the same time. It would be great for bug reports too.
yeah that's a very useful idea. It's a screen recorder and a video encoder / exporter. It's a cumbersome thing to create. To produce the same kind of video now is at least 3 different kinds of software: the audio software, the screen recorder and the video editor to put it together & export it.

Screen recorders of today that I have tried have a hard time keeping up. I quit using them because their performance wasn't making much useful video. If there's some awesome screen recorder out there that can do it while a multitrack audio app is running, I haven't found it yet. Maybe in the future there will be one.