Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #161
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Fixed for the next v1.1 beta, but I made a build of v1.0 with the patch: http://files.cfillion.tk/reapack/v1....-encoding-fix/.

Last edited by cfillion; 08-14-2016 at 10:53 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #162
lowellben

Just an FYI

Error when trying to download this:

Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Tracks Properties\spk77_Set solo for send X.lua
(I have none of these currently installed)

ERROR

0 installed packages, 0 updates, 0 removed files and 3 errors

========== Errors: ==========

ReaTeam Scripts/Tracks Properties/spk77_Set solo for send X.lua v0.1:
Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Tracks Properties\spk77_Set solo for send 1.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Tracks Properties\spk77_Set solo for send 2.lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Tracks Properties\spk77_Set solo for send 3.lua is already owned by another package
Old 08-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #163
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Conflict: Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Tracks Properties\spk77_Set solo for send 1.lua is already owned by another package
spk77_Set solo for send 1.lua, 2 and 3 were replaced by a single package "spk77_Set solo for send X.lua" recently.
They should be in ReaPack's obsolete package section: uninstall them first. This will allow the new "spk77_Set solo for send X.lua" to be installed.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:00 PM   #164
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
spk77_Set solo for send 1.lua, 2 and 3 were replaced by a single package "spk77_Set solo for send X.lua" recently.
They should be in ReaPack's obsolete package section: uninstall them first. This will allow the new "spk77_Set solo for send X.lua" to be installed.
As I mentioned, I have nothing installed. Why/how can I uninstall them then?

Which is odd. I cannot proceed to install the send X because of this error. What should I do?

EDIT:

Well it worked lol but it's stupid because I never had any send 1 2 3 installed BUT, I uninstalled them from Reapack manager and they went away from nowhere lol and then I was able to install the X. Thanks! Weird!

Last edited by lowellben; 08-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.
lowellben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:30 PM   #165
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
With wine 1.8 it starts. However, now: Error description: SSL connect error
Is this with 32-bit REAPER and ReaPack on a 64-bit OS? Check if the 32-bit gnutls library is installed (on some systems it is not installed by default with wine). Wine needs that to carry out HTTPS connections from 32-bit programs.

EDIT:
  • Arch: sudo pacman -S lib32-gnutls
  • Ubuntu: Install the official (and up to date) Wine Ubuntu packages

If the problem persists:
  1. Try running REAPER from the command line. It might output useful clues.
  2. Try using the latest beta release of reapack. It shows more detailed error messages than v1.0.

Last edited by cfillion; 09-19-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #166
cfillion

Quote:
but command line starting of Reaper contains:
err:winediag:schan_imp_init Failed to load libgnutls, secure connections will not be available.

Error description: SSL connect error (35):
schannel: AcquireCredentialsHandle failed:
SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND (0x80090305)
I'm getting the same errors with Wine 1.8 from the unofficial ppa ubuntu-wine/ppa on Ubuntu 16.04. It works with Wine from wine/wine-builds though (it is not an issue in ReaPack itself).

Quote:
Ubuntu: Install the official (and up to date) Wine Ubuntu packages
With this I had other installation problems. But I have wine 1.8, however not using those commands. Why not? Because it did not work here. It seems others reported similar error messages.
I don't know what these "other installation problems" you are referring to are, but here's what I tried on my ubuntu machine: http://sprunge.us/fMQK. After that, Wine was able to perform HTTPS connections without failing. I hope this can help you.

Last edited by cfillion; 09-19-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #167
mschnell

I just tried ReaPack.

It's a great idea !!!

I could not get it working through a proxy (also the Reaper update check does not seem to work through a proxy).

Seemingly there are no means to handle documentation that (hopefully) comes with a JSFX.

In the plugin browser such documentation should be able to be viewed.

The content of the documentation should be able to be searched and the results should be able to be used as a filter. (Otherwise how should I find a plugin that handles the issue I am thinking of ? )

The documentation should be installed together with the plugin, maybe an appropriate context-sensitive reader could be provided.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:41 AM   #168
Geoff-h3o

Default DAW offline install

It's probably obvious but if you want to use Reapack on an offline PC (PC A):
1. install Reaper on one that is,(PC B)
2. export your configuration files on A
3. import them to B
4. install Reapack on B
5. export config files on B
6 import on A

et voila! to update go through the same procedure if you've changed any config on your DAW, otherwise start at no. 4 - (update instead of install).

But maybe there's a less clunky way????
Geoff-h3o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #169
cfillion

@mschnell
Short author-provided documentation will be viewable directly from ReaPack 1.1 (it's in pre-release) and longer documents (such as pdfs) can be linked.
My opinion on this is that documentation files (pdf...) should be available online but not automatically installed on all computers.

I experimented with your suggestion today, however making the documentation searchable causes a noticeable performance drop. But I don't dislike the idea so I'll try another way. Hopefully it won't be too slow!
(EDIT: It still takes 100ms to load 200 packages with a moderately-sized documentation in each one – was 23ms before this change)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I could not get it working through a proxy (also the Reaper update check does not seem to work through a proxy).
Could you try with a 1.1 pre-release? Proxy settings can be configured from the new "Network settings" in Manage repositories > Options.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-07-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #170
chumbo

Default SSL Connect Error?!

Hi,
I just installed Reapack in Reaper v5.25 x64 (Portable) on a Win10 x64 machine and I'm connected to the internet, yet I get this SSL Connect Error on each package and this the 2nd time I've tried...any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks!
chumbo
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #171
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
Hi,
I just installed Reapack in Reaper v5.25 x64 (Portable) on a Win10 x64 machine and I'm connected to the internet, yet I get this SSL Connect Error on each package and this the 2nd time I've tried...any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks!
chumbo
I assume you can load https://github.com in Internet Explorer or Edge (browsers using Microsoft's SSL API) without errors?
Please try the latest version of reapack from here. It will probably not fix the issue right away but it will give a more detailed error code. Copy/paste that full error message here.

Also, just to be sure, are you using a proxy server, firewall or anything of that sort?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #172
chumbo

Yes, I can access github. Although I use Chrome mainly, but works with IE & Edge too.
Proxy, dunno? is that the same as a VPN? If so, I do use a Chrome VPN extension from time to time but it's not active while using Reaper & Reapack.
Firewall, yes but isn't everybody?

Not much of a techie so, just using a pretty standard connection I guess.

I've attached a pic of the error I got with the updated version you linked too.

Thanks! :-)
Attached Images
File Type: png Reapack Error.png (7.7 KB, 414 views)
Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #173
cfillion

Thanks for the details. It's the first time I see this particular error, but here's two likely solutions:
  1. First double-check the firewall isn't the culprit. The REAPER process should be allowed full, non-intercepted access to internet.
  2. There's an option in ReaPack to disable the SSL certificate checks entirely. Try this if it still fails: https://i.imgur.com/x73pzPo.gif.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-05-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #174
chumbo

THANKS!
n. 2 was the solution because firewall wasn't blocking at all.

What's the 'disadvantage' of not having that option enabled?
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #175
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
What's the 'disadvantage' of not having that option enabled?
When that option is disabled it doesn't protect against someone hijacking your internet connection and masquerading as github.com (man-in-the-middle attack). It's still better than plain HTTP though.

By default it ensures you really are connecting to the trusted github.com (or other hosts). That's one of the advantages of HTTPS. I don't know why that verification fails on your system...

Last edited by cfillion; 10-06-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #176
chumbo

Hmmm...ok, better think twice about that then :S
Old 10-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #177
cfillion

It's good to know what the potential risks are, but it must be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe my answer was too scary.
If your computer is connected to a network you trust and it doesn't have malware running on it, it's safe.
And after all, everyday we still use http-only websites (such as this forum) that do not have any kind of these extra protections without worrying.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-06-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #178
chumbo

Right, I get your point. Thanks for clearing that up, that is reassuring!
Old 10-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #179
chumbo

Darn! Well it sure didn't work for very long.

This morning I opened Reaper and was greeted again with Reapack package install errors.

Having had other minor problems in Reaper I assumed maybe all of it was due to something wrong in my install so I took a fresh portable version of the latest v5.26 and installed Reapack there as well to test but had the same error!

On the fresh install, I couldn't even install the 5 basic packages which I had successfully done yesterday after changing the network setting you mentioned.

Today, no matter what network setting and even disabling completely my Firewall, this error in both installs:
- Reaper v5.26 with Reapack v1.1rc1
- Reaper v5.25 with Reapack v1.1rc2 (because it installed the latest version this morning...so that worked in this version but not the fresh install!? Go figure)

Old 10-07-2016, 01:05 AM   #180
cfillion

It looks like you pasted the URL to X-Raym's Makey Makey repository in the proxy setting instead of in "Import a repository". Go back in Options > Network Settings and remove that URL from there.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #181
chumbo

YES! YES! YES! Thanks so much

I'm such a retard, I swear it's sometimes a real PIA to be me. Thankfully, there are people like you around who are on the ball to catch my stupid mistakes.

Oh, and BTW, it's now also working with SSL enabled!
Old 10-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #182
mschnell

Quote:
Could you try with a 1.1 pre-release? Proxy settings can be configured from the new "Network settings" in Manage repositories > Options.
using 1.1rc2:
- Proxy works
- Displaying description works

There just seem to be rather few packages that feature such a description and hence show an "About" Tag in the "About" window ReaPack displays when right-clicking a Package and selecting "About" (or when double-clicking a package).

How is the Package author supposed to create and supply the "About" information ?

The "name" of a package is a rather long (and this is obviously used to filter the packages). This (supposedly) is not the "name" a plugin is shown with in Reaper, nor (hopefully) the file name the plugin resides in.

I suppose a package can contain multiple (e.g. script-) files (as shown in the "Contents" list) ? Hopefully these file name is not what is listed in the main Windows under "Package", as this should be a rather decriptive and extensive information and moreover multiple installed files per package are (or should be) possible.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-07-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #183
cfillion

@mschnell
The documentation in the About window is supplied at the top of the files when reapack-index is used (like this).

The display name (aka "description") of the package as it appears in the browser is also specified by the author. It is just an alias to have a cleaner list, it doesn't affect the actual file names (though they should both be similar).

All packages, whether they have one or many files in them (like spk77's "Set solo for send X" which is made of 6 lua files), are listed as one unique entry when ReaPack uses the word "package".
Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #184
mschnell

I'll try to upload one of my scripts and check out the "display name" and "documentation" features ASAP.

Where should I upload it ?

-Michael
Old 10-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #185
cfillion

Scripts -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts
JSFX -> https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX

Follow the 4 steps explained in the README file ("Contributing"). I just finished updating the packaging docs for the new features of v1.1.

If you have questions, just ask on the development thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=169127.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-08-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:18 AM   #186
mschnell

Quote:
I just finished updating the packaging docs for the new features of v1.1.
I have some questions regarding this guide.

What is the "indexer" you mention (e.g. "by running the indexer with the --amend option.")

This "natural" "package extensions" (types) are .lua, .eel, .py, .jsfx, .ext, .data, and .theme .
While I easily can guess what the types are, I fail to understand the complete picture.

I suppose with a single ASCII format files the package file is just the original file renamed and enhanced by some lines of ReaPack metadata in the format described in the guide. These lines are formatted in a way that the original "reader" of the file (e.g. script compiler) takes them as comments.

With non ASCII files ("data" or "ext") this seems not to be possible in such an easy way. What paradigm is supposed to be used here ?

To me, the missing of VST files (.DLL in Windows) seems like a decent omission. I really would like to see e.g. the very useful "MidiToReaControlPass" (which is both a VST and a Reaper extension, but mostly is seen as a VST plugin) in the standard library of ReaPack. Would this be possible with the type ".ext" ?

I also did not understand how multiple installable files are combined in a ReaPack. Is a kind of "Tagged" format used (like TIFF, TAR or ZIP) that allows for combining multiple files in one ? (BTW I would think this is very appropriate for "Package" management.)

The "@metapackage" and the "@provides" tags seem to come into action for multiple files, but I don't understand, how they are supposed to work.

Regarding Platforms, I see "Windows" and "OSX" (in fact ReaPack is not installable in Windows XP, but same is obsolete, anyway.) Additional targets might be Desktop Linux (there is a pre-release Reaper version), iOS and Android (there are remote control apps that work with Reaper).

Thanks for Listening... (In fact I did not read this forum thread completely from the beginning, as right now I want act as a documentation beta tester.)
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-09-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #187
cfillion

The "indexer" is reapack-index. It's a tool for generating a single XML index file understood by ReaPack out of the files and metadata. It is run automatically after each contribution on ReaTeam repos.

All (reapack-index) packages are plain text files with .ext, .theme and .data containing only metadata (example).

ReaPack was not made to manage files outside of REAPER's resource path so it cannot manage VSTs such as MIDItoReaControlPath. Also MIDItoReaControlPath's license doesn't allow redistribution...

@provides and @metapackage are indeed the tags to indicate what a package is made of. @provides is the list of files to include. @metapackage tell reapack-index not to include the current file (it's enabled by default for theme/ext/data).

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack-...ditional-files

I'll probably try porting ReaPack to Linux at some point... I haven't tried the REAPER alpha yet. (reapack-index does works on Linux though)

I clarified the parts in the docs about the file structure, @metapackage and --amend a little bit, thanks for beta-testing them!

Last edited by cfillion; 10-09-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #188
mschnell

Quote:
The "indexer" is reapack-index. It's a tool for generating a single XML index file understood by ReaPack out of the files and metadata. It is run automatically after each contribution on ReaTeam repos.
So we (Reapack users and package contributors) don't need to bother about it, as its automated. OK. But how are we to see any success or error messages from that tool ?

I uploaded a JSFX script to https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX. It's called "Volume-Control". I pasted the content to the Window that appears when doing a "create file" and in the "filename" window I wrote "Volume-Control.jsfx".

The file starts like this:
Code:
version: 1.0

author: Michael Schnell (mschnell@bschnell.de)

about:

## description

The midi CC values 0 ... 127 are mapped to an "amplifier" curve that consists of a linear and an exponential part
in a way, that with CC = 0 the amplification is 0 (-inf dB) and with CC = 127 the amplification is 1 (0db).

A slider defines the amount (in dB), the amplification is reduced with each CC step.

According to that, the breakpoint between the exponential and the linear part is set so that 
at this point the value and the slope of the curves match.

Below the breakpoint, a linear curve is used so that with CC = 0 the amplification is Zero (-infinity dB).

Another slider defines the maximum speed the amplification is modulated. This is set in dB per modulation step.

Moreover the maximum speed used is reaching a new defined level in as many steps a samples in a block.

A graph shows as well the curve (Amplification vs CC steps), as the dynamic movement of the amplification level.

## Limitations

As due the the description above, the modulation speed is limited to reaching the target level in a timespan at least 
as the duration of a sample block, the current version of this plugin is not suitable for synth-like application that
intend to implement a VCA,

changelog: Initial release

donation: Transfer any amount you find appropriate to any of the major charity organizations 

// Author: Michael Schnell, based on a work of Time Waster (M. Smith)
// License: LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
//

desc:Midi Volume Control

slider1:0<0,15,1{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>MIDI Input Channel
But I fail to see it in the available packages in the Reaper extension (of course I did a refresh).

I still am totally lost on how I would distribute multi-file packages and packages containing binary files. But this of course is not an urgent issue.

(Should this discussion better be continued in Developr's ? )
-Michael
Old 10-09-2016, 11:23 PM   #189
cfillion

First, please rename it as "Utility/mschnell_MIDI Volume Control.jsfx" (or similar) to follow the naming convention of the repository, as documented in its README.
Package files must be in a subdirectory for the category, they cannot be at the root.

The metadata header also need some corrections:
  1. There cannot be empty lines between the tags (it's the boundary between header and code)
  2. Indentation matters to the parser and is required for multi-line values (about in this case)
  3. The donation tag is for links only, with an optional short label. You can put your text in about instead.
Like this:
Code:
version: 1.0
desc: MIDI Volume Control
author: Michael Schnell (mschnell@bschnell.de)
changelog: Initial release
about:
  ## Description

The midi CC values 0 ... 127 are mapped to an "amplifier" curve that consists of a linear and an exponential part
  in a way, that with CC = 0 the amplification is 0 (-inf dB) and with CC = 127 the amplification is 1 (0db).

A slider defines the amount (in dB), the amplification is reduced with each CC step.

According to that, the breakpoint between the exponential and the linear part is set so that 
  at this point the value and the slope of the curves match.

Below the breakpoint, a linear curve is used so that with CC = 0 the amplification is Zero (-infinity dB).

Another slider defines the maximum speed the amplification is modulated. This is set in dB per modulation step.

Moreover the maximum speed used is reaching a new defined level in as many steps a samples in a block.

A graph shows as well the curve (Amplification vs CC steps), as the dynamic movement of the amplification level.

## Limitations

As due the the description above, the modulation speed is limited to reaching the target level in a timespan at least 
  as the duration of a sample block, the current version of this plugin is not suitable for synth-like application that
  intend to implement a VCA.

// Author: Michael Schnell, based on a work of Time Waster (M. Smith)
// License: LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html

slider1:0<0,15,1{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>MIDI Input Channel
After fixing this, go back to https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX. You should see a green button "Compare & pull request" at the right. Click on that, then on "Create pull request".
You will be able to see the status of reapack-index on your pull request page (it takes a few minutes to complete).
Then, after approval by a team member, it will finally appear inside ReaPack.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-10-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #190
mschnell

Quote:
There cannot be empty lines between the tags (it's the boundary between header and code)
Is this described in the doc ?
Seemingly in the about tag empty lines are allowed (and required by the "markdown" syntax). So here they will not end the header. Strange....
Quote:
]Indentation matters to the parser and is required for multi-line values (about in this case)
The doc says : "Indention needs to remain the same", but seemingly not that indentation > 0 is required
Quote:
The donation tag is for links only
I see. But why ?

OK. I'll try another upload, but I'm not really hopeful that it will work, and it seems that I will not get any error message when it does not

-Michael
Old 10-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #191
cfillion

Quote:
Is this described in the doc ?

The doc says : "Indention needs to remain but seemingly not that indentation > 0 is required
It should. I'll edit/clarify that.

Donation is used for the "Donate..." button in ReaPack's about window. It opens the link in the default browser or, if there are >1 links, it displays a menu using the labels.

Quote:
it seems that I will not get any error message when it does not
You get that after creating the pull request to the upstream repo. Status is yellow while it's still processing, then turns to green if OK or red if reapack-index reported any errors (click on "Details" to read them).
Here's a demo: https://github.com/cfillion/Test-ReaTeam-Bot/pull/2

Last edited by cfillion; 10-10-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #192
mschnell

Quote:
Donation is used for the "Donate..." button in ReaPack's about window.
I see. Great !!

Quote:
You get that after creating the pull request to the upstream repo.
I have no idea what a "pull request" is.

I'll give it a try...

Thanks,
-Michael
Old 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #193
mschnell

Ooops...

After a few minutes watching the Linux command line software working I get:

"Finished checks for 34 packages with 0 failures"

No Idea what this is supposed to mean for the package upload I just try to test.

-Michael
Old 10-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #194
cfillion

Quote:
"Finished checks for 34 packages with 0 failures"
0 failures means everything is OK.
I just accepted your pull request: MIDI Volume Control will be available from ReaPack within a few minutes. Thanks!

(A failure would have been in red with errors, like this: https://travis-ci.org/cfillion/Test-...ilds/166531311)

Last edited by cfillion; 10-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #195
mschnell

Quote:
I just accepted your pull request: MIDI Volume Control will be available from ReaPack in a few minutes. Thanks!
Yep works ! I was able to install the JSFX via ReaPack.

Great !

I understand that "publishing" a new/changed file will require an approval of the team management. OK. (How long will this last ?)

Can I issue the poll request that results in error checking myself or does already this require your approval ?

If I want to change something in the file (e.g. the "comment" I forgot with the donation link and some spelling glitches) how to do this ?

Other JSFXes of mine have a PDF "user guide" file. How to manage this with ReaPack ?

Thanks again,
-Michael
Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #196
cfillion

Quote:
Can I issue the poll request that results in error checking myself or does already this require your approval ?
Creating a pull request doesn't require approval. Just send one anytime you want to get something reviewed and released.

Quote:
If I want to change something in the file (e.g. the "comment" I forgot with the donation link and some spelling glitches) how to do this ?
Just redo the process: edit the file on your fork and send another pull request.

Quote:
Other JSFXes of mine have a PDF "user guide" file. How to manage this with ReaPack ?
I recommend putting a link in About text. The link will be clickable.

Code:
about:

## User Guide  
  A comprehensive user guide for this effect is available here:
  http://manual/download/url.pdf

Last edited by cfillion; 10-10-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #197
mschnell

Quote:
OK. Easy. I could host the file myself (which I already do) but it might be advantageous to host the documentation together with the package file. Do you think the same repository ("ReaTeam/JSFX/...") would be a decent location ? How to do that ?

-Michael
Old 10-11-2016, 02:34 AM   #198
ivansc

This is just overwhelming, guys! A total game changer as far as a scripting numpty like me is concerned.
No idea when I am going to find the time to wade through all that is already there, but THANK YOU.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #199
cfillion

Quote:
OK. Easy. I could host the file myself (which I already do) but it might be advantageous to host the documentation together with the package file. Do you think the same repository ("ReaTeam/JSFX/...") would be a decent location ? How to do that ?
If you already host it yourself, I'd say stick with that.

Putting it on git has the benefit of allowing all versions of it to be available forever, but with large binary files the repo can grow very large and become slow to download in full.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-11-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #200
mschnell

Quote:
"Bass Professor MK2" installes a PDF in
...\REAPER\Effects\ReaTeam JSFX\Guitar\anomaly_Bass professor MK2

And in the ReaPack Manager you can it as

https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/raw/...0Mark%20II.pdf

I do think this is rather appropriate.

"anomyly" Stige T. did not include a link in the "about" text but that should be possible, as well.

If - as you suggested - ry files will burst the the git, this of course is a drawback.

-Michael