Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
jscomposer
Human being with feelings

Default How to view parameters of a disabled effect?

I'm getting the "plugin could not be loaded/effect configuration is preserved" error for a single plugin on 1 track. It's VST3. Interestingly, I can load the regular VST version fine. So is there a way to see the parameters from the disabled one so I can copy them to a new instance?
jscomposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #2
DThompson55

Yes, that would be nice to know! I went through (for no particular reason, maybe clean up a bit? Save some space?) and deleted all of my VSTs that had AU version. And then of course tracks I recorded last year that used those VST versions, I switched the over to AUs and just guessed at their approximate settings. I'm guessing the parameters are hidden in the RPP file somewhere?
Old 09-21-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
IXix

There's no way to get that information, unless you can decode the VST data from the RPP file. REAPER stores all the data for the plugin state but only the plugin can interpret it.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:18 AM   #4
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
I can load the regular VST version fine. So is there a way to see the parameters from the disabled one so I can copy them to a new instance?
You could try pointing the RPP file to the regular VST2 version by editing the file in a text editor but whether it will work or not is anybody's guess. Keep a backup if you try it.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote