CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
AndyMc
Human being with feelings

Default ReaRoute

This is more a question but it was relating to NINJAM so I thought it would be best here.

I have been using REAPER as a bridge between NINJAM and CUBASE SX 3.
How I set it up was to set reapers in and out to clients 1 and 2 for left and right. So I setup a track to take input from ReaRoute 3 and 4 and set cubase out in the VST Connections to 3 and 4 so I route cubase out on 3 and 4 and pull it in on reaper on 3 and 4. Then that track on reaper I output on ReaRoute 1 and 2 which goes to NINJAM which has its ASIO input set to ReaRoute 1 and 2,
At this point I have sound routing from Cubase to ninjam using reaper as a bridge, others will here but I wont. Also my Reaper is set to my sound cards ASIO driver. So anyway next I set the asio out on NINJAM to ReaRoute 1 and 2 as first and last selection. Now on Reaper I add another track and set its input to ReaRoute 1 and 2, then I added 1 more track which was my mic in and also set this trakcs output to ReaRoute 1 and 2.

All works fine and people get direct audio streamed but the prob I get is lag and delay sometimes and I seem to be getting disconected and losing streams more now and others don't seem to be having the prob.
Also I sometimes have clicks and but it seems to be the resources its all sucking from the machine.
I will try routing a few extra channels in that setup as I have a sorta route a to be then be back to a going on there so might be some of the prob.
Anyway can I route direct from Cubase using rearoute direct to ninjam.
I can not select my sound cards asio driver in cubase and ninjam, it sort of freezes sometimes but also only gives me my hardware inputs and no asio input whereas if I select Asio Multi Media I can select Wave which is a channel I setup and then audio out as my built in motherboards soundcard then I run a line out on pro soundcard to line in on motherboard sound card. The reason is because when I do it this way using multimedia asio I get a delay when I up the volume in ninjam, its like a big latency and if I lower the buffer in multimedia asio to get a low latency i get pops when more audio streams get added from more people joining.
So I normally put the ninjam volume down then inputs up but this can give extra distortion to it all.
What would be great is if I could route direct from cubase to ninjam, reaper runs good but ontop of ninjam and cubase it is a prob.
I would be happy just using my hardware asio but when I do I get what I play feed back to me, is there anyway on ninjam to up local level but mute myself from playing back, so I can see level but dont here myself. I bet its as simple as mute aint it?
But if not can I config it somehow?

I bet thats well confusing, I know someone will get it but if you don't don't brain strain over it, I can also re-explain it.

It always sounds good when I'm tpying it, its just after when I read it back.

EDIT: Ok I just tested the mute and when I mute it mutes it to others also.
I'll mess with more rearoute channels and see if it helps but it not if anyone can help that wil be great.

Many Thanks,
AndyMc...

Last edited by AndyMc; 01-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.
AndyMc is offline   Reply With Quote