COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
synthany
Human being with feelings

Default public vs. private

My impression is that the free, public servers of NINJAM are not private rehearsal studios controlled by anyone. That is partly what makes it so exciting - you never know what will happen.

At some future time, if the mighty Cockos decide to offer private pay 'rooms', I sincerely hope they will continue the free and open to the public servers also.
synthany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
cryptomail
Human being with feelings

Default sure....if they won't someone will or may because the source is free

Personally, and I don't know jack, but I don't think that is a likely scenario for now.
With respect to NINJAM, Cockos has been extremely benevolant, and will probably continue to be so for the future.
Furthermore, if the pay route were ever even taken, it's still quite possible for someone else to set up their own free servers.
www.ninjam.com/download.php has all the source that would allow someone to set it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthany
My impression is that the free, public servers of NINJAM are not private rehearsal studios controlled by anyone. That is partly what makes it so exciting - you never know what will happen.

At some future time, if the mighty Cockos decide to offer private pay 'rooms', I sincerely hope they will continue the free and open to the public servers also.
cryptomail is offline   Reply With Quote