Old 11-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #1401
Sexan
Human being with feelings

Yeah I'm using it as a single channel (inspector sort of). Want to add additional buttons that will open various scripts, processing strip (limiter,eq,comp etc) above it .I'm adding tracks in TCP. This script is a godsend! Thank you for your hard work!
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #1402
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Yeah I'm using it as a single channel (inspector sort of). Want to add additional buttons that will open various scripts, processing strip (limiter,eq,comp etc) above it .I'm adding tracks in TCP
Ah cool - in which case you will like tonights update
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #1403
Sexan

almost finished,will upload all the files soon if anyone interested.Everything is made from theme file

I can share the strip too (.strip file)?
Old 11-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #1404
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
almost finished,will upload all the files soon if anyone interested.Everything is made from theme file

I can share the strip too (.strip file)?
How you do for open the routing ? I doesn't find into the action list
Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #1405
Sexan

"Track : View I/O for current track"
Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #1406
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
"Track : View I/O for current track"
thank's !
Old 11-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #1407
Sexan

Here are the files (whole script folder so I don't screw something up)
few things missing (monitor,input and fx bypass)
https://stash.reaper.fm/28954/LBX.rar
Hope everything will work
Old 11-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #1408
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
Hi! Thanks for the updates! Love the double-click to reset feature.

Anyway, so I was in the editing mode, and noticed that the spacer triangle I had placed in the top left corner of my strip had turned into a one quarter of a SimpleBox type button. I deleted it and replaced it with the correct graphic and this happened (the big knob was replaced. Also, one of the buttons below it has the wrong button graphic but nevermind that for now):

Ideas? I can send you the strip file if it helps debugging.

EDIT: I went back to the edit mode, selected the bugged knob, and clicked on the SET button in the CTL OPTIONS menu (it still had the correct graphic displayed there). It set the HPF button to the correct graphic, but it also changed the graphic of the next control (LOW) to the same (HPF) graphic. In the .strip file the LOW "pickle" is right after the HPF.

And the spacer graphic "pickle" is before the button one where it got it's wrong graphic from. There looks to be a leak somewhere in the .strip parsing code.
Hi Sju,

I think I found the culprit for this problem. When importing a default strip - I wasn't updating the number of new controls added - so if you were to load another strip - or even new control graphic after adding a default strip - it would slowly overwrite (or completely overwrite if a strip) the controls added for the default strip.

I have fixed and will be in tonights update... Got there in the end
Old 11-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #1409
lb0

Quote:
Here are the files (whole script folder so I don't screw something up)
few things missing (monitor,input and fx bypass)
https://stash.reaper.fm/28954/LBX.rar
Hope everything will work
FX bypass should already be available in track controls

EDIT: will try out soon...
Old 11-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #1410
Sexan

Yeah I know I did not put it yet,btw the same bug as before appeares again but now only on envelope button,when opening the script for the first time it is missing
Old 11-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #1411
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Ah - well my script at the moment looks for S&M.ini in resources folder - so as long as portable install resources folder contains teh ini then good.

Actually - there was a bug which meant it would not have worked properly anyway - I have fixed just now and uploaded update.

ensure you only edit the ini file when reaper is closed also - as I noticed it gets overwritten when reaper closes - and my change was reverted back to 8.

With the update - I have this working ok.
OK ... the latest update now has the settings from S&M.ini loading and working in LBX. I did NOT need to re-generate the initial actiondumps.

thank-you !
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #1412
lb0

Quote:
Yeah I know I did not put it yet,btw the same bug as before appeares again but now only on envelope button,when opening the script for the first time it is missing
it might be to do with the error I've fixed here regarding overwriting default strip controls... see if the update I release later fixes it.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #1413
RJHollins

Is there any action that acknowledges the last FX that was touched? [not the last FX in the chain]
Old 11-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #1414
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Is there any action that acknowledges the last FX that was touched? [not the last FX in the chain]
what do you mean acknowledges? but search for last touched in the action list comes up with a few entries...
Old 11-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #1415
RJHollins

Just exploring ideas ...

Still looking at possible options that would allow toggling ON/OFF-Line of a FX plugin similar to BYPASS. Would be part of a channel strip control.

With NEBULA, each 'band' is a separate plugin. I'm looking to see how to control which bands would be active or not.

I know we now have the expanded number of slots available [I edited mine for 99 of them]. This would definitely work ... but involves managing the slot order as the design is built, edited and/or modified.

The goal:

We have a wide selection of NEBULA equalizer. Some are 'clean', others with lots of character.

My though is to build a master LBX layout that would house several EQ groups that I could activate as the project deems.

Those that know NEBULA understand the heavy resources demanded, and to that, I'm trying to plan for a best strategy.

I'm at the 'research' stage with this.

Basically, if there isn't a more direct way, I was thinking that I could use the individual 'BYPASS' parameter from each instances, as a type of trigger awareness that could be linked to a ON/OFF-Line action that would be controlled like a power ON/OFF button for each EQ band. There could easily be 30 - 40 or more bands involved in this early planning stage.

Exploring possibilities
Old 11-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #1416
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Just exploring ideas ...

Still looking at possible options that would allow toggling ON/OFF-Line of a FX plugin similar to BYPASS. Would be part of a channel strip control.

With NEBULA, each 'band' is a separate plugin. I'm looking to see how to control which bands would be active or not.

I know we now have the expanded number of slots available [I edited mine for 99 of them]. This would definitely work ... but involves managing the slot order as the design is built, edited and/or modified.

The goal:

We have a wide selection of NEBULA equalizer. Some are 'clean', others with lots of character.

My though is to build a master LBX layout that would house several EQ groups that I could activate as the project deems.

Those that know NEBULA understand the heavy resources demanded, and to that, I'm trying to plan for a best strategy.

I'm at the 'research' stage with this.

Basically, if there isn't a more direct way, I was thinking that I could use the individual 'BYPASS' parameter from each instances, as a type of trigger awareness that could be linked to a ON/OFF-Line action that would be controlled like a power ON/OFF button for each EQ band. There could easily be 30 - 40 or more bands involved in this early planning stage.

Exploring possibilities
I'm trying to do something similar, I don't see a way to do it without managing your list of FX and using the "toggle FX #x on/offline" action. We might have to just manage the slot order.

My idea is to have the same strip layout open on all channels, with 30-40 offline FX on every track. I'm taking inspiration from Ableton Live but this would allow for quick processing that's more flexible than any other DAW imo.

http://imgur.com/a/wl6M4

Currently I bypass the FX but as you said some of these plugins take a long time to open. Which wouldn't really work for a template that's added to every new track.

Side note: We could do the same thing with VSTi's and preset switching. It could really bypass Reaper's currently limited FX browser and make quickly adding instruments much easier.

My question is how would I make this strip open as the default on every single track? I don't want to have to expand the view, enter edit mode, drag over the template, then go back to Live mode for each new track. I could create a track template with all of the offline FX that gets added automatically to each new track that I add, but that wouldn't link up to the strips automatically.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #1417
Sju

Quote:
Hi Sju,

I think I found the culprit for this problem. When importing a default strip - I wasn't updating the number of new controls added - so if you were to load another strip - or even new control graphic after adding a default strip - it would slowly overwrite (or completely overwrite if a strip) the controls added for the default strip.

I have fixed and will be in tonights update... Got there in the end
Awesome! Don't have time to try it now unfortunately, but tomorrow I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #1418
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
I'm trying to do something similar, I don't see a way to do it without managing your list of FX and using the "toggle FX #x on/offline" action. We might have to just manage the slot order.

My idea is to have the same strip layout open on all channels, with 30-40 offline FX on every track. I'm taking inspiration from Ableton Live but this would allow for quick processing that's more flexible than any other DAW imo.

http://imgur.com/a/wl6M4

Currently I bypass the FX but as you said some of these plugins take a long time to open. Which wouldn't really work for a template that's added to every new track.

Side note: We could do the same thing with VSTi's and preset switching. It could really bypass Reaper's currently limited FX browser and make quickly adding instruments much easier.

My question is how would I make this strip open as the default on every single track? I don't want to have to expand the view, enter edit mode, drag over the template, then go back to Live mode for each new track. I could create a track template with all of the offline FX that gets added automatically to each new track that I add, but that wouldn't link up to the strips automatically.
currently - set it up on one track as you want it. the save it as a strip - from the strip edit mode. then right-click it in the strip browser and set as default.

then you can either use the ... menu->Add default strip option on every new track you want it on ... or with the update i'm just about to release - in settings choose add as default to every track...
Old 11-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #1419
lb0

Update released.

It turns out - adding an auto add strip feature did open up a few hurdles - like ensuring the added strips are saved with the project etc. So I opted to fiddle with the save process to allow just saving a single strip - which gets triggered when you click on a track which is blank (in terms it has no strip on it already) and the default strip is added.

Works ok for me - I've had to mess with a few different aspects - nothing functional has changed - other than the auto add default strip settings.

Please be aware that if you have set the Insert Default Strip On Every Track option (and not the 'and on every page' option) - it will only insert on page 1 on each track. If you also set the 'and on every page' additional option - it will be inserted on all pages (as you open them). This option is not suited to a strip that contains any fx plugins - as obviously the plugins will get stacked up in the tracks fx list. This setting is mainly only for if you have a default strip like Vincent and Sexan have been discussing today - that only accesses the track controls (if required to be visible on all pages).

Anyway - report any errors please - I've made lots of changes to fix a few bugs and added a clean up routine when you hit the save button.

L.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:33 AM   #1420
Sexan

Everything works fine and awesome for now!!! thank you for auto add feature!!!
Still that bug where some element is missing when first oppening the script (in my case trim bottun dissaperas or its swapped with other gui element)
Few questions can we choose the color of the background (behind the strip which is currently black)? and will there be an option to hide x,y scrollbars? Thank you!

Last edited by Sexan; 11-25-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:09 AM   #1421
lb0

Quote:
Everything works fine and awesome for now!!! thank you for auto add feature!!!
Still that bug where some element is missing when first oppening the script (in my case trim bottun dissaperas or its swapped with other gui element)
here what my strip currently looks like (it will be updated still)
Few questions can we choose the color of the background (behind the strip which is currently black)? and will there be an option to hide x,y scrollbars? Thank you!
Looking great!

I can add a background colour selector.

I already have the hide scrollbars option (it's been in for weeeks - but I never got round to adding it to the settings~) - I added it to settings last night - but didn't get round to publishing - so that will be in the next update

I'll keep looking into the wrong graphic being loaded - any chance you can publish your latest version that it happens with ? (what fx plugins do you have in the strip? - not that it should matter for me simply opening it)
Old 11-25-2016, 06:34 AM   #1422
Sexan

Well I can not find out why is it happening, now it does not happen (been changing GUI). Waves SSL-E. here is the lates version https://stash.reaper.fm/28960/LBX%20reaper%20ssl.rar
Its like christmas!
Old 11-25-2016, 06:41 AM   #1423
lb0

Quote:
Well I can not find out why is it happening, now it does not happen (been changing GUI). Waves SSL-E. here is the lates version https://stash.reaper.fm/28960/LBX%20reaper%20ssl.rar
Its like christmass!
Well thanks for sharing looks awesome! Did you notice the fader slider knob looks ever so slightly transparent?

But looks great - I'll try it out.

Do let me know if the graphic bug happens again though. It's most likely to happen when you add a new control type to the project - at least with the old version. Maybe it just needed to work things through enough from the old version to eliminate the problem - but it could potentially still be there somewhere - so let me know if it happens again!
Old 11-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #1424
Sexan

Yeah I know its transparent , its that way in Reaper too, I've used images from theme file so everything is 1:1 with reaper default gui
Old 11-25-2016, 07:30 AM   #1425
lb0

Quote:
Yeah I know its transparent , its that way in Reaper too, I've used images from theme file so everything is 1:1 with reaper default gui
so (as has been requested before) - you'd probably like to be able to adjust x-axis position of value and parameter labels ?
Old 11-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #1426
timbralzoom

Quote:
so (as has been requested before) - you'd probably like to be able to adjust x-axis position of value and parameter labels ?
__-__

resim gönder

Last edited by timbralzoom; 11-25-2016 at 08:17 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #1427
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
lol - nice pussy cat! - is that puss-in-boots...?

Well - although I don't manage to action all requests immediately - I try not to forget them - and when I see a big use-case for them - it makes me want to provide sooner

The only main one that's played on my mind - but I think is slightly out of the remit of stripper was pitchslaps (i think) request for Agent like muting of channels when no audio is fed through.

However - I think that would be better preserved for a dedicated script which I might look into sometime in the future if there's nothing around already. I don't want to add anything to stripper that may affect its performance. I already feel it's a little less snappy (knob movements etc) than it was a few weeks back - and that's mainly down to adding in extra code in the run loop and draw routines. However - the good news is that there's plenty of room for optimizing the logic and code paths in those routines (which have become a little messy) - and I will concentrate on that towards the end once all functionality is provided.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #1428
Sexan

Quote:
Well not that much but I don't want to be party pooper for whoever requested it

Oh yeah I've forgot to ask, is there a 3 state button here that can use 3 icons(frames)? I saw that icons are made from 2 frames but for example FX on-off has 3 states emtpy-on-off. So when setting FX on-off its has green or red icon but its not showing empty state

Last edited by Sexan; 11-25-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #1429
Sju

Quote:
Waves SSL-E. here is the lates version
Nice! I like how you reused Reaper 5 graphics for the SSL layout Soon Stripper will be completely able to replace Reaper's own mixer...

EDIT: come to think of it, a layout designer such as this would be a really powerful feature for Reaper's own mcp_fxparms list. I never use it personally, because of the inconvenient stacked layout and non-distinct appearance of different parameters.

Last edited by Sju; 11-25-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:27 AM   #1430
timbralzoom

Quote:
lol - nice pussy cat! - is that puss-in-boots...?

Well - although I don't manage to action all requests immediately - I try not to forget them - and when I see a big use-case for them - it makes me want to provide sooner

The only main one that's played on my mind - but I think is slightly out of the remit of stripper was pitchslaps (i think) request for Agent like muting of channels when no audio is fed through.

However - I think that would be better preserved for a dedicated script which I might look into sometime in the future if there's nothing around already. I don't want to add anything to stripper that may affect its performance. I already feel it's a little less snappy (knob movements etc) than it was a few weeks back - and that's mainly down to adding in extra code in the run loop and draw routines. However - the good news is that there's plenty of room for optimizing the logic and code paths in those routines (which have become a little messy) - and I will concentrate on that towards the end once all functionality is provided.
yes i believe it is
horizontal placement for name/value would be nice add but also no big deal to me

just didn't want to miss that right moment... to use that over used pretty please picture.

extreme one

it could be my fault, maybe i am missing something obvious..still trying to figure it out..
but want to report this weirdness:
(just for the record, plugins in the separate tracks)

Last edited by timbralzoom; 11-25-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #1431
lb0

Quote:
Well not that much but I don't want to be party pooper for whoever requested it

Oh yeah I've forgot to ask, is there a 3 state button here that can use 3 icons(frames)? I saw that icons are made from 2 frames but for example FX on-off has 3 states emtpy-on-off. So when setting FX on-off its has green or red icon but its not showing empty state
Well - a cycle button should be able to cope with that - use with a 3 frame png and tick the pos to frame option.

I'd need to check what data stripper receives for the fx on/off state though.

Actually - just checked the API and it (I_FXEN flag for GetMediaTrackInfo_Value) only reports whether the track fx are bypassed or active - not whether they're empty (as far as I can see).
Old 11-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #1432
lb0

Quote:
yes i believe it is
horizontal placement for name/value would be nice add but also no big deal to me

just didn't want to miss that right moment... to use that over used pretty please picture.
haha - well - From Sexan's channel strip - I think the db readout just above the fader needs to move a little to the left - Sexan may disagree though. I think it will be useful in certain situations...
Old 11-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #1433
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
Nice! I like how you reused Reaper 5 graphics for the SSL layout Soon Stripper will be completely able to replace Reaper's own mixer...

EDIT: come to think of it, a layout designer such as this would be a really powerful feature for Reaper's own mcp_fxparms list. I never use it personally, because of the inconvenient stacked layout and non-distinct appearance of different parameters.
As much as I'd like to (and I'm sure you're partly joking anyway) - but I'm not sure I'd be able to completely replace the mixer - I think there are certain functions of the mixer that would be very difficult (or impossible) to mimic from within Stripper. Also - the way it's designed to allow for completely different setups for each track - means it would never be the most efficient replacement for Reaper's mixer.

But I'll try and offer as many options as I can (within reason - and not wanting to overly complicate things)...
Old 11-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #1434
Sexan

Ok thank you! One more question (sorry ) on 1-4 tabs is it possible to have default strips there (on 1 is x strip, 2 is y strip , 3 y etc) ?

Last edited by Sexan; 11-25-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #1435
Sexan

Btw I'm not trying to replace it completely , for a long time I was using it docked as 1 channel next to TCP so I did not have big mixer,now I want a big mixer and I wanna make my own "inspector" that will be next to TCP with plugins I'm commonly using and so far I am amazed! Not having to open same plugin 1000x.... words cannot describe it
Btw I will make separate modules so its easier to manage I will share them soon

Last edited by Sexan; 11-25-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #1436
lb0

Quote:
yes i believe it is

extreme one

it could be my fault, maybe i am missing something obvious..still trying to figure it out..
but want to report this weirdness:
(just for the record, plugins in the separate tracks)

Oooh - please can i have a look at your strip file EDIT: or .rpp file actually (you may not have a strip file for it) rpp - is better
Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #1437
lb0

Quote:
Ok thank you! One more question (sorry ) on 1-4 tabs is it possible to have default strips there (on 1 is x strip, 2 is y strip , 3 y etc) ?
Aha - good idea - will have a think about best way - in the time it's taken me to write this I think I have it sussed... Will do when I get a moment
Old 11-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #1438
timbralzoom

Quote:
Oooh - please can i have a look at your strip file EDIT: or .rpp file actually (you may not have a strip file for it) rpp - is better
all of this parameters at the bottom half of Mr Hyde
(just realized i can use that place as parameter depot)

anyway.. if necessary also i can save strip to send.
here is the .rpp
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...zhnRlBMVEUzNWM

this is the project in the gif, i kept it just in case

as a plus note:
later, i removed all uber mod parameters and added back again... now seems no problem
Old 11-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #1439
lb0

Quote:
all of this parameters at the bottom half of Mr Hyde
(just realized i can use that place as parameter depot)

anyway.. if necessary also i can save strip to send.
here is the .rpp
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...zhnRlBMVEUzNWM

this is the project in the gif, i kept it just in case

as a plus note:
later, i removed all uber mod parameters and added back again... now seems no problem
yes - it had a duplicate control id - so just removing one of the clashing controls and readding would have fixed. now just need to find out if it is bug or just simply coincidence because i don't do any 'is unique' checking on the random gen. i now know how to do unique checking really fast in lua - so will add anyway...
Old 11-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #1440
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
Its like christmas!
Thank you Sexan for your share ! very nice strip !