Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #161
Urban Musiq
Human being with feelings
 
Urban Musiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 31
Default

I'm on @version 1.78! I'll check today.
__________________
| Reverb Design | Source Code |
Urban Musiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #162
Urban Musiq
Human being with feelings
 
Urban Musiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 31
Default

@version 1.82

The flag doesn't do what it's supposed to, HT window still automatically resizing (x and y) and looping endlessly between new and old window size when hitting F11 and F1.

Displaying options (F11) alone is no problem. F11+F1 is. I prefer to view the shortcuts list and manual in a browser anyway. Maybe just disable that? Or getting the HT window to display scroll bars with fixed maximum display size?

- Urban
__________________
| Reverb Design | Source Code |
Urban Musiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #163
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Hmmm, this is very peculiar.

The weird thing is though, that it should never close/reopen anymore when that flag is active except upon launch. There are no instances of gfx.init (which opens the window) which are not covered by a check whether noResize equals zero. If you look in your _hackey_trackey_options_.cfg, do you see noResize=1?

You do see the flag in the options menu, right? It's the last option "Fix plugin size", not the autoresize one. Is it possible there may be an old version masking the new one somehow?

Anyways, I've just added a maxWidth flag as well. Upgrade to 1.83, open and close hackey trackey once. This should add a field in _hackey_trackey_options_.cfg named maxWidth. Simply set a maximum width here. I'm afraid that you have to do this by hand, since I don't know any way to get the screen resolution in the reaper API). If for some reason, Hackey Trackey does that flickery thing immediately upon first opening it, delete both cfg files (wpos and ht options) and start it again. Just fyi, config files are only saved when you close Hackey Trackey. So when it starts spazzing, it will not have saved the updated configuration file.

If you'd rather want to disable the F1 menu, you can go into userkeys.lua ; here you can paste one of the keysets that you wish to use from the main tracker file, and then edit them at will. If you then set your keyset to custom in the tracker, it will use the keyset that you put here. This file will never be overwritten, even when you update hackey trackey. Just make sure that when you edit this file, to not bind the F1 key. If you use the default keyset, all you have to do is change
Code:
    keys.help           = { 0,    0,  0,    26161 }         -- F1
to
Code:
    keys.help           = { 0,    0,  0,    500000000000000000000000 }        -- F1
I really hope at least one of these fixes works for you.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #164
Urban Musiq
Human being with feelings
 
Urban Musiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 31
Default [Solved]

@version 1.82

Thanks for the quick fix --- "Fix plugin size" worked. Sorry, I confused Auto Resize with the Fix setting...

Another serious annoyance is in the following screenshot:

The pattern has 64 rows, yet HT seems to assume that I have some more vertical pixels on my display. (Screenshot is scrolled all the way down in HT) - rows 58-64 are off screen (not accessable).

With 32 rows no scrollbar is displayed and rows 26-32 are off screen. My display is 1024 x 576 btw. There are ~160 pixels off screen in that screenshot. I could go and hack it myself probabely.

- Urban
Attached Images
File Type: png HT182.PNG (43.6 KB, 24 views)
__________________
| Reverb Design | Source Code |
Urban Musiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #165
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Added a maximum height parameter in v1.84. Same story as before, open it once, close it, edit config file and then you should be set (hopefully).

Interesting issues cropping up. Never anticipated this resolution

Edit: maxHeight is the parameter name, and should be specified in pixels.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #166
Urban Musiq
Human being with feelings
 
Urban Musiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 31
Default [Solved]

@version 1.84

That does it. Thx a ton - I'll start tracking right away... The maxHeight setting works as expected (it limits the maximum hight, HT window not auto resized).

When set to default (50000) my display hight is correctly recognized anyway. Beautiful.

- Urban

ps. another little thing I discovered is, that when re-opening HT, the midi channel setting [C, 1-16] is not remembered when set to [C].
__________________
| Reverb Design | Source Code |

Last edited by Urban Musiq; 10-21-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Urban Musiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #167
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

This might be useful for the arrange overview, I set mine to 16 bars, which are typical musical segments, at least for electronic music, making around 30 seconds, depending on the bpm. After each 16 bars something should change, something added, removed ... so typical OFF places for hackey patterns would be those 16 bar ends/borders, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu6rQH_URno

I guess, scrolling in hackey patterns does not move the cursor inside hackey trackey (but it does in arrange), following inside hackey trackey could be also useful for longer patterns.

Last edited by TonE; 10-28-2018 at 04:36 AM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:48 AM   #168
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

For the interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MjP-83WzU

Why I am posting here in a tracker thread? Well just google him.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #169
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Musiq View Post
@version 1.84
ps. another little thing I discovered is, that when re-opening HT, the midi channel setting [C, 1-16] is not remembered when set to [C].
Thanks for the reminder! It's on my to-do list to store this in the track information. It might be a few weeks. Currently working mostly on the pattern sequencer when I find free time.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #170
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
It might be a few weeks. Currently working mostly on the pattern sequencer when I find free time.
And everyone should check this out, hackey patterns, as it allows even audio item placement on the sequencer, not only midi, as was only possible in jeskola buzz. It is a pattern sequencer for midi and audio. But only midi you can edit in tracker style in hackey trackey, but who knows... if there is a tunnel one day to melodyne. Melodyne editing via a tracker interface, that would open new doors probably, for sample manipulation.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 AM   #171
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Interesting how this almost does more than my old trackers(PT,FT2,IT2).
For both PT and FT2 there are clones, works great in linux, too. Check them out:
https://16-bits.org/ft2.php

Ah, if you want to convert .xm to .mid, best way is using the command line, in linux, using timidity with -OM option. Then continue in hackey trackey.

For converting all .xm in a dir to .mid you can do:
PHP Code:
for file in *.xm; do timidity -OM $filedone 
Probably timbaland did this a few years back, but someone could hear the similarity.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #172
loopa
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 207
Default

Jesus christ, this is cool. My mind is so blown by the day by day awesome tools that are created in this community.

I used to make music on Amiga when I was 17 and now I get to do it all over again. Seriously, this is awesome. Thank you so much for this!!

Loopa
loopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #173
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Musiq View Post
@version 1.84
ps. another little thing I discovered is, that when re-opening HT, the midi channel setting [C, 1-16] is not remembered when set to [C].
This setting is now stored as well (on a per take basis). You can also change the row highlighting by ctrl shift clicking the row indicators.

Also thanks for the kind words
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]

Last edited by sai'ke; 11-17-2018 at 07:30 PM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #174
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Some tool, update:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...08&postcount=5




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbgeFAus0k

Last edited by TonE; 01-26-2019 at 02:21 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #175
zoikkis
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Default

I installed this using the instructions: Actions-->Show Action List --> ReaScript-->Load Tracker.lua.

But when having a MIDI clip selected and trying to launch it I get "ReaScript Error: tracker.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'"

Never used scripts before with Reaper. Could somebody help?
zoikkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #176
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Did you install via reapack or download it from github?

In case you downloaded from github, are you sure you downloaded the raw and not a html rendering of the code by accident? This has happened to me once before.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #177
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Updated after not having used in a little bit, thanks so much for the userkeys.lua!

Not a bug, but I noticed when switching tracks, the text in the tracker updates, but the title bar does not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic.jpg (57.4 KB, 6 views)
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #178
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

A few more things I noticed. I couldn't map keys like ! and $ to pitches. I changed the code in noteEdit() on line 7008 to this and it now works:

if ( shift > 0 and string.match(lastChar,"[^%w]") == nil) then

There's probably a better way to do this, like looking for a-z. I've never done LUA before.

It looks like the code assumed it could always add 32 if shift was held down (to go from a to A, etc).

Also, I'll have to try again, but it seemed after a block copy and paste, an undo seemed to undo each note copied one at a time.

Additionally, I've attached a screenshot of an exception I got after doing an undo of a duplicate pattern.
Attached Images
File Type: png undo_after_duplicating_pattern.png (13.0 KB, 5 views)
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #179
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Hey, thanks for the reports man. I will have a look at this next time I get the chance. I will reply here when I do

I vaguely recall the title issue, but I think changing the title is only possible when re-initializing the window and I figured restarting the window would be more annoying than the incorrect title. I should probably remove the name there altogether. What do you think?
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #180
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Hey, thanks for the reports man. I will have a look at this next time I get the chance. I will reply here when I do

I vaguely recall the title issue, but I think changing the title is only possible when re-initializing the window and I figured restarting the window would be more annoying than the incorrect title. I should probably remove the name there altogether. What do you think?
That seems like a good idea if you can't change the title text after the window is created.

Thanks again for these scripts, they are amazing!
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #181
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Yes, they are all amazing, if we only had matilde tracker as vst, it's source is known: https://sourceforge.net/projects/matilde-tracker/

There is already a vst variant, unfortunately not published only for private use, by its developer, see buzz forum.

Btw. saike, for sample start automation, we can just use Reasamplomatic5000, Kontakt is not needed just for getting this feature, mentioning it here as you gave Kontakt example on hackey trackey github page but no Reasamplomatic5000 example.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #182
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Anyone using shortcircuit v1 w/ HT? I am having a heck of a time getting even just a sample to play. It may be a Reaper thing, not HT, but I thought someone in here might be using it.

I can get the sample to play w/ the Virtual Keyboard in Reaper and in shortcircuit, and MIDI items are working fine w/ other VSTs. I've also ensured that the note assignment matches what note is in the MIDI item. I tried the learn in shortcircuit too, and it picks up the right note, but nothing plays.

It also works as I put in notes if I am in record mode in HT. I blew away the config file just in case.

Last edited by hangnef; 02-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #183
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Of course all working greatly. Not remembering if I did anything specially, I think not, but you might try setting midi channel to 1 or 2 or C and try with each, you can switch channels using F2/F3.
In this video you can see channel is set to 1, I know stupid sounding example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FWcHgaGbqQ

But do not forget to play with sitala and Reasamplomatic5000 as well.
- shortcircuit
- sitala
- reasamplomatic 5000

My workarounds as a kind of matilde tracker replacement for hackey trackey in Reaper is as follows:

- offset > sample offset in Reasamplomatic 5000
- reverse > supatrigga has nice reverse feature, smartelectronix
- retrigger > livecut has nice options, smartelectronix
- the samples you can load into shortcircuit 1.1.2, Reasamplomatic5000 or sitala.
- probability, was just added thanks to master Time Waster, thanks Time Waster again, also from here! ReaRack, Random Note Gate is its official name. see https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=14

Last edited by TonE; 02-13-2019 at 11:59 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:38 AM   #184
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Btw. saike, for sample start automation, we can just use Reasamplomatic5000, Kontakt is not needed just for getting this feature, mentioning it here as you gave Kontakt example on hackey trackey github page but no Reasamplomatic5000 example.
Yeah, I'm aware RS5000 can do it, but the note is just there for people who already use Kontakt instruments. Some things only come in Kontakt format. I remember having to look for it for a while, so I figured I'd add that little note there.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #185
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Of course all working greatly. Not remembering if I did anything specially, I think not, but you might try setting midi channel to 1 or 2 or C and try with each, you can switch channels using F2/F3.
In this video you can see channel is set to 1, I know stupid sounding example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FWcHgaGbqQ

But do not forget to play with sitala and Reasamplomatic5000 as well.
- shortcircuit
- sitala
- reasamplomatic 5000

My workarounds as a kind of matilde tracker replacement for hackey trackey in Reaper is as follows:

- offset > sample offset in Reasamplomatic 5000
- reverse > supatrigga has nice reverse feature, smartelectronix
- retrigger > livecut has nice options, smartelectronix
- the samples you can load into shortcircuit 1.1.2, Reasamplomatic5000 or sitala.
- probability, was just added thanks to master Time Waster, thanks Time Waster again, also from here! ReaRack, Random Note Gate is its official name. see https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=14
I did get it to work, thanks for the ideas. I had to change the channel in shortcircuit to 2. That's odd because my notes are in channel 1 in HT. I wonder if this is a 0 based vs 1 based thing. If so, where is channel 0 in HT?

Next up is to get CCs working for controlling pitch, etc.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #186
dub3000
Human being with feelings
 
dub3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,812
Default

Oh wow! How did I miss this?
Very keen to try this out, looks great!
dub3000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #187
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
A few more things I noticed. I couldn't map keys like ! and $ to pitches. I changed the code in noteEdit() on line 7008 to this and it now works:

if ( shift > 0 and string.match(lastChar,"[^%w]") == nil) then

There's probably a better way to do this, like looking for a-z. I've never done LUA before.

It looks like the code assumed it could always add 32 if shift was held down (to go from a to A, etc).

Also, I'll have to try again, but it seemed after a block copy and paste, an undo seemed to undo each note copied one at a time.

Additionally, I've attached a screenshot of an exception I got after doing an undo of a duplicate pattern.
Thanks! I've incorporated your fix and fixed the exception upon ctrl+z after duplicating patterns.
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #188
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Thanks! I've incorporated your fix and fixed the exception upon ctrl+z after duplicating patterns.
Awesome, thanks!

Do you have any insight into my question a few posts ago about channels && shortcircuit? Tracks show up in HT starting with 1, but the help to the right mentions track 0 (enable CCs for channels > 0 - beta). shortcircuit only worked when I set it to channel 2, but my MIDI notes were on channel 1 in the MIDI item.

Also, a while back I mentioned my vi keybinding keymap. I've migrated it over to the userkeys (thanks for that!). I've attached it to this post for anyone who might be interested. So much easier for me to move around and edit, and it's something I can't even do in Renoise since you cannot remap the 'core' keys!
Attached Files
File Type: lua userkeys.lua (12.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by hangnef; 02-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #189
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
Awesome, thanks!

Do you have any insight into my question a few posts ago about channels && shortcircuit? Tracks show up in HT starting with 1, but the help to the right mentions track 0 (enable CCs for channels > 0 - beta). shortcircuit only worked when I set it to channel 2, but my MIDI notes were on channel 1 in the MIDI item.
Channel 0 is completely unavailable, I'm afraid. By channels > 0, I meant channels bigger than zero.

Make sure you have Out set to [C] if you want to use different MIDI channels, because otherwise HT will set the take to override the output to whatever channel is displayed on the bottom right (no matter what the MIDI data might say). Only channels bigger than 0 can be accessed.

For multichannel CC's you have to check that checkbox you already found. That mode allows you to have per channel CC's. On the default keymap CTRL + SHIFT + A adds a per channel CC, CTRL + SHIFT + P adds a per channel program change. It should work, but it is a slightly less tested area of HT so good luck .

I hope I answered the question in there somewhere
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #190
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

No, program change and cc work perfectly, I tested them enough, thanks saike. Thanks hangnef for sharing your vi concept, did not check it yet, but I also had the thought of at least mapping a few of the emacs navigation keys, stuff like C-n, C-p, C-f, C-b, but your vi variant would be more efficient in this case, I guess.

Best part is we do not have to stop, where the past found solutions, we can go further, if necessary, no one can stop us, except saike. Especially, for a few years I was waiting for custom programmable rgb qwerty's, now those seem to exist, imagine now, all the custom keybinding, plus some color blinkings, based on some internal states, of reaper or hackey trackey/patterns/machines. Based on pitch classes some keys could blink using its own color, or don't know, much better than any pfush nonsense. Blinking rgb mechanical qwerty, fully programmable, to be used with hackey trackey/patterns/reaper actions. Based on feedback values, those rgb keys could change colors for example. Volume you could see as colours. Where is volume, it should blink, no blinking when muted. Red when over -18dB, yellowish below, and so on. Time is not very far away from this scenario. Qwerty has at least 40 keys, so you could see 40 track volumes at once, of course you could switch banks, to step to the next 40 and so on.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #191
hangnef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
No, program change and cc work perfectly, I tested them enough, thanks saike. Thanks hangnef for sharing your vi concept, did not check it yet, but I also had the thought of at least mapping a few of the emacs navigation keys, stuff like C-n, C-p, C-f, C-b, but your vi variant would be more efficient in this case, I guess.

Best part is we do not have to stop, where the past found solutions, we can go further, if necessary, no one can stop us, except saike. Especially, for a few years I was waiting for custom programmable rgb qwerty's, now those seem to exist, imagine now, all the custom keybinding, plus some color blinkings, based on some internal states, of reaper or hackey trackey/patterns/machines. Based on pitch classes some keys could blink using its own color, or don't know, much better than any pfush nonsense. Blinking rgb mechanical qwerty, fully programmable, to be used with hackey trackey/patterns/reaper actions. Based on feedback values, those rgb keys could change colors for example. Volume you could see as colours. Where is volume, it should blink, no blinking when muted. Red when over -18dB, yellowish below, and so on. Time is not very far away from this scenario. Qwerty has at least 40 keys, so you could see 40 track volumes at once, of course you could switch banks, to step to the next 40 and so on.
Yup, CCs are working great here as well, no issues as all. Interesting thought about the RGB keyboards, definitely a good use for them!

@saike I had been changing MIDI items length in the Reaper's Arranger and noticed in the docs for HT you can change it by typing into the number in the lower right. For some reason, I can only change the last digit when editing.

At some point I need to try out the pattern editor and machine view. I wasn't a buzz user (but I did use EnergyXT which had a sorta machine view). I have lots of audio tracks in addition to MIDI so I'm not sure how well that workflow would go. I've been waiting for a long time for audio tracks in Renoise, and now I kinda have it in Reaper w/ HT.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #192
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings
 
BenK-msx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 4,853
Default

Grew up and used med/octamed on Amiga soley for years but am now scared to try this - but maybe shouldn't be.

Got so used to it's commands, learning new ones always put me off

I should prob breath in mojo and breath out fear and have a look..
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #193
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germoney
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
@saike I had been changing MIDI items length in the Reaper's Arranger and noticed in the docs for HT you can change it by typing into the number in the lower right. For some reason, I can only change the last digit when editing.
Uhm, assume you mean lower left?

Backspace doesn't work? Did you rebind backspace by any chance?
__________________
[Soundcloud] | [Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Machine UI Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack link] | [Filther: Github]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 AM   #194
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
Grew up and used med/octamed on Amiga soley for years but am now scared to try this - but maybe shouldn't be.

Got so used to it's commands, learning new ones always put me off

I should prob breath in mojo and breath out fear and have a look..
Then, map its commands in userkeys.lua
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #195
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
Interesting thought about the RGB keyboards, definitely a good use for them!
Check this: https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next...-Daemon-Manual

LED commands

The backlighting is controlled by the rgb commands.

rgb <RRGGBB> sets the entire keyboard to the color specified by the hex constant RRGGBB.
rgb <key>:<RRGGBB> sets the specified key to the specified hex color.

Examples:

rgb ffffff makes the whole keyboard white.
rgb 000000 makes the whole keyboard black.
rgb esc:ff0000 sets the Esc key red but leaves the rest of the keyboard unchanged.

Multiple keys may be changed to one color when separated with commas, for instance:

rgb w,a,s,d:0000ff sets the WASD keys to blue.

Additionally, multiple commands may be combined into one, for instance:

rgb ffffff esc:ff0000 w,a,s,d:0000ff sets the Esc key red, the WASD keys blue, and the rest of the keyboard white (note the lack of a key name before ffffff, implying the whole keyboard is to be set).

By default, the controller runs at 30 FPS, meaning that attempts to animate the LEDs faster than that will be ignored. If you wish to change it, send the command fps <n>. The maximum frame rate is 60.

For devices running in 512-color mode, color dithering can be enabled by sending the command dither 1. The command dither 0 disables dithering.


I am sure saike could program his shooter games on this qwerty.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #196
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings
 
BenK-msx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 4,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Then, map its commands in userkeys.lua
Hmm..
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.