Old 06-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #41
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

FR: if a pad/note is occupied by a sample, send MIDI feedback (midi note on w/ specified velocity) so we can light up our 8x8 controller LEDs to show which pads have samples on them

FR: lasso select/bulk move samples. i'm really liking being able to reposition samples by dragging and dropping them, but being able to lasso/select more than 1 at a time would be excellent.
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:43 AM   #42
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

in 8x8 mode, i'm finding the "global" knobs to be difficult to use. clicking and dragging on the green bars is very jumpy and laggy. there's no visual indication of where the knob is pointing, like there is the pad layout mode, and the text display above the gain columns is difficult to see.

for all of these parameters, midi + and - incremental actionswould be ideal for this, like Lokesenna's "rs5k tuning control" scripts (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=187569). ie, learnable "increase [attack] 1ms" and "decrease [attack] 1ms" so everything isn't so mouse-centered would be idea.

---

FR: give us the option to remove the "create midi send routing for this sample" prompt when we click the FX buton. i know what i'm doing and don't want to click the confirmation button every time.

--

i'm not seeing that waveform that i see in the screencaps. latest reaper, latest sws, win10.

--

this happens when i mouse the loop start all the way to the end (loop end gets "stuck" to wrong knob



---

more as i go. loooove this script.
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #43
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@mpl
At some point, being able to set custom colors schemes for each notes could be nice for people who have colored pads :P (it is not actually my case, but it can be a fancy feature which I imagie can be smooth)
Pad colors directly taken from track colors they are placed.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #44
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
FR: if a pad/note is occupied by a sample, send MIDI feedback (midi note on w/ specified velocity) so we can light up our 8x8 controller LEDs to show which pads have samples on them
Not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
in 8x8 mode, i'm finding the "global" knobs to be difficult to use. clicking and dragging on the green bars is very jumpy and laggy. there's no visual indication of where the knob is pointing, like there is the pad layout mode, and the text display above the gain columns is difficult to see.

for all of these parameters, midi + and - incremental actionswould be ideal for this, like Lokesenna's "rs5k tuning control" scripts (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=187569). ie, learnable "increase [attack] 1ms" and "decrease [attack] 1ms" so everything isn't so mouse-centered would be idea.
Hard to properly show different parameters on one knob. Don't think it will happen.

---

Quote:
i'm not seeing that waveform that i see in the screencaps. latest reaper, latest sws, win10.
heard twice this,probably related to peak paths in reaper preferences.
--
Quote:
this happens when i mouse the loop start all the way to the end (loop end gets "stuck" to wrong knob



---
Expected. Start offset adjustment preserve length, limited to end. Loop end adjust loop length, limited to start.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate

Last edited by mpl; 06-27-2018 at 09:53 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #45
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Hard to properly show different parameters on one knob. Don't think it will happen.
that wasnt the request. right now, esp in 8x8 mode, the global knobs aren't working properly via click/drag -- and their value displays above their gain indicators are illegible. double clicking SUSTAIN, for example, doesn't work. if i reduce the number of pads shown to the keyboard layout, clicking and dragging the knobs works as expected, as does double clicking.

the request above was for increment+ and increment- actions, since midi ccs assigned to RS5K's ADSR envelopes are useless due to their resolution and RS5k's weird ADSR parameter ranges.
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #46
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
global knobs aren't working properly via click/drag -- and their value displays above their gain indicators are illegible. double clicking SUSTAIN, for example, doesn't work
Global knobs does NOT show any values whatever key counts is.
Double click on sustain works ok here (if you expected it should reset sustain to 0dB and your mouse modifier related property setted up as you need ).
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #47
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Global knobs does NOT show any values whatever key counts is.
then what is this changing decimal value? that is what i'm talking about. in 8x8, it is unreadable (for example, see in 2nd gif, below global knobs)



Quote:
Double click on sustain works ok here (if you expected it should reset sustain to 0dB and your mouse modifier related property setted up as you need ).
licecap below showing mouse modifiers set up correctly and double clicking not resetting the value of below linked RS5K. similarly, dragging other controls is sluggish. this is not the case in other layouts, but in 8x8 it is a problem.

__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #48
fladd
Human being with feelings
 
fladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 928
Default

This script does not seem to be available in ReaPack. At least not in the MPL repository. Could you post a detailed instruction how to install this with ReaPack?
__________________
www.fladd.de/sound
fladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #49
fladd
Human being with feelings
 
fladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 928
Default

Got it to install now.

Looks great.

One feature request: It would be nice to have the FX button available in the global section, too. Right now it is not possible to layer samples on a pad and then send them all to a new track. I can select both samples individually and then hit the FX button, but that will send them to different tracks (usually not what one wants when layering drums).
__________________
www.fladd.de/sound
fladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:30 PM   #50
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
Got it to install now.

Looks great.

One feature request: It would be nice to have the FX button available in the global section, too. Right now it is not possible to layer samples on a pad and then send them all to a new track. I can select both samples individually and then hit the FX button, but that will send them to different tracks (usually not what one wants when layering drums).
If you are in layering mode, you have FX button, not in pad but on the sample name line (where knobs and waveform placed), it depends on currently selected sample. I can add an action to explode selected pad samples on new tracks though (again it will works only for layering mode).
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:30 AM   #51
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euga View Post
just found it! "Various_functions" on reapack, all is working now. Maybe it should be tagged "rs5k" as well?
It used for many scripts already, not only by RS5K manager. It makes way easier to fix bugs, that can be reproduced in multiple scripts (otherwise I need manually fix bug in every script which user that specific buggy function). Currently ReaPack does not support such dependencies, so I put a notification use must install that script to make things work.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #52
Ohmdepop
Human being with feelings
 
Ohmdepop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Newark NJ
Posts: 4
Default Error on startup

Hi,

I keep getting this when I run the script:

mpl_RS5k_manager_obj.lua:1423: attempt to index a nil value (local 'spl')

Any thoughts? I think all the dependencies are satisfied, as I downloaded everything pertaining to RS5K.

I'm on OSX BTW, and thanks for your work (especially align takes) much appreciated!
Ohmdepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #53
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

How does this compared to shortcircuit 1.1.2?

Where you can have more fun in this?
Where you can have more fun in shortcircuit 1.1.2?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:51 AM   #54
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
How does this compared to shortcircuit 1.1.2?

Where you can have more fun in this?
Where you can have more fun in shortcircuit 1.1.2?
I doubt you can have fun with anything in this world except typing random shit on this forum.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #55
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

MPL, a bigger rs5k manager UI results in extremely laggy knobs in the global param section

resizing the window to a smaller one makes it more responsive.

any chance you could look at that? if the UI is fullscreen, it's basically unusable

also, the only thing keeping me from completely replacing Bliss vst with your platform is the inability to globally control more parameters, like Loop Start Offset, note off release, and xfade. these are crucial for making smooth loops, and reeeeaally tedious to do one at a time
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:50 AM   #56
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

No, but why should I use your tool if there is shortcircuit 1.1.2 with much more power and features? Any serious reasons, except you are learning programming? If you know any reasons, write them down. Your non-contributing comments do not count. Or write nothing, which means you have no arguments on the topic, not on side topics, attacking persons. Schopenhauer taught all this, go and read Schopenhauer, hoho.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #57
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

that's the wonderful thing about OPTIONAL tools, nobody should do anything unless they're persuaded by their own research.

from my limited experience with shortcircuit, it doesn't match the speed with which mpl's rs5k manager allows samples to be split in the timeline and assigned to midi notes and bulk-edited. i also think i remember that shortcircuit can't slice a sample and loop/xfade their individual slices. rs5k does the latter, mpl's scripts does the former

pedantically, shortcircuit also doesn't manage rs5k instances, which rs5k does. those of us already using rs5k will benefit from that.
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:29 AM   #58
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

mpl, i'm also wishing that the script "mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (drum mode)" didn't change the track's midi input to "all"

i see the line in the code and i guess i could comment it out, but (and this is more of a repo question) does that mean i'll have to comment it out every time it gets updated/re-downloaded by reapack?
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #59
Ozman
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
Default

For me, I'm needing something that has all the benefits of being native.
I really dig what mpl is doing here.
Many of us have been begging for something like this for a while, and it gets better and better. There are many of samplers out there. I have my faves.

However, I find myself using this as my go to for drum samples. It runs smoothly, not clunky. It's native and not foreign feeling. It covers the bases that RS5K doesn't cover alone.

For crazy mangling, layering effects, etc, use something that is focused, specializing in that effect. There is no sampler that does everything nor sounds like everything.

Now it actually feels like Reaper has a real native drum sampler.

Much thanks for your work, MPL!
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:41 AM   #60
X-Raym
Human being with feelings
 
X-Raym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: France
Posts: 5,442
Default

@Tone
Quote:
shortcircuit 1.1.2 with much more power and features?
  • Shortcircuit is Windows only.
  • Shortcircuit is unspported since years. Even v 1.1.2 is obsolete as there is a v2.
  • Shortcircuit solution isn't backward compatible with project for which you didn't use it right from the start (mpl manager can be used on old projects with R5K instance, even if you didn't use mpl manager to set them up in a first place)
  • R5K and mpl manager works with REAPER (from arrange view, media explorer for eg, etc...)
The closest free VST to shortcircuit is Tx16wx as far as I know.

But why would you mpl to convince you to use it ? If you are not interested by using R5K, this is not really his problem. He clearly target R5K users. Everyone is free to use the tool he find the best. The only tool you should use is the one your want.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 AM   #61
sonicowl
Human being with feelings
 
sonicowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@Tone
  • Shortcircuit is Windows only.
  • Shortcircuit is unspported since years. Even v 1.1.2 is obsolete as there is a v2.
  • Shortcircuit solution isn't backward compatible with project for which you didn't use it right from the start (mpl manager can be used on old projects with R5K instance, even if you didn't use mpl manager to set them up in a first place)
  • R5K and mpl manager works with REAPER (from arrange view, media explorer for eg, etc...)
+ Shortcircuit doesn't load flac and wv files.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #62
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Thanks for the answers, I will try mpl's tool as well, but somehow could not find enough reasons yet, it felt more like:
-mpl's tool will add 5 new features, which shortcircuit 1.1.2 maybe does not offer BUT
-remove 99 other features which are available in shortcircuit 1.1.2

doing the math: +5 - 99 = -94, which is negative, not positive, for me. Of course if you never used shortcircuit fully, ignoring its millions possibilities you might think it is just a sampler. You should use its built in effects, plus editing its .scm (.xml file) to add various effects, automatically, not manually, one by one, that would take ages. In short, drag 100 samples, run a script modifiying the .scm, and you have a crazy machine you can have fun with. Be it via the new hackey trackey, the tracker item editor of genious saike, for atomic editing, or via a hardware midi controller. It is then something like an elektron device, in the computer, together with a hardware controller.

Regarding windows only, yes, right, I am using it so far in wine in ubuntu/mint.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #63
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
MPL, a bigger rs5k manager UI results in extremely laggy knobs in the global param section

resizing the window to a smaller one makes it more responsive. Is that ok, anyone?

any chance you could look at that? if the UI is fullscreen, it's basically unusable
It is all about ReaScript GUI. From my side I did maximum what is possible (caching graphics, sometimes reduce refresh rate).
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate

Last edited by mpl; 07-11-2018 at 01:14 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #64
sonicowl
Human being with feelings
 
sonicowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Thanks for the answers, I will try mpl's tool as well, but somehow could not find enough reasons yet, it felt more like:
-mpl's tool will add 5 new features, which shortcircuit 1.1.2 maybe does not offer BUT
-remove 99 other features which are available in shortcircuit 1.1.2

doing the math: +5 - 99 = -94, which is negative, not positive, for me. Of course if you never used shortcircuit fully, ignoring its millions possibilities you might think it is just a sampler. You should use its built in effects, plus editing its .scm (.xml file) to add various effects, automatically, not manually, one by one, that would take ages. In short, drag 100 samples, run a script modifiying the .scm, and you have a crazy machine you can have fun with. Be it via the new hackey trackey, the tracker item editor of genious saike, for atomic editing, or via a hardware midi controller. It is then something like an elektron device, in the computer, together with a hardware controller.

Regarding windows only, yes, right, I am using it so far in wine in ubuntu/mint.
Did MPL say RS5k Manager is a replacement for Shortcircuit? I never saw that. RS5k is frontend for Reasamplomatic 5000. Why even compare? You don't have to decide for one, just use both and have fun.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #65
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
also, the only thing keeping me from completely replacing Bliss vst with your platform is the inability to globally control more parameters, like Loop Start Offset, note off release, and xfade. these are crucial for making smooth loops, and reeeeaally tedious to do one at a time
Doing it from RS5k will never be a good idea.

I suggest you to close this request by requesting custom scripts from me, which let midi controller directly change all related parameters of all related RS5K instances in absolute mode (relative is useless because of non-linear knobs nature) of currently selected track (or pinned RS5K manager track). Since I pretty busy now, I will request $20 for this stuff (mainly since it is very advanced and closely related to RS5K manager), let me know if you donated already.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate

Last edited by mpl; 07-11-2018 at 01:20 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #66
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

happy to donate again. i tossed in $20 last week for RS5K manager as it currently stands, but the scripts i'll describe below are worth at LEAST another $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl
request: let midi controller directly change all related parameters of all related RS5K instances in absolute mode (relative is useless because of non-linear knobs nature) of currently selected track
OK. FR for global incremental* midi control scripts over the following mpl-RS5K-managed RS5k instances:
most important: ADSR + noterelease override, loop on/off, obey noteoff on/off, loopstart, loopend, xfade, loopstart offset, pitch offset. the rest of the params would be great, but those are the most important.

* midi resolution of 0-127 isn't useful for absolute control of RS5K vsti params. using a CC to control attack is unusably imprecise. that is multiple, incremental actions such as "increase/decrease attack 1ms/10ms/100ms for all managed RS5k instances" would be preferable to "control attack parameter for all managed RS5k instances (cc only)

for reference, see Lokasenna_Adjust ReaSamplomatic 5000 Pitch Offset - Up 1 semitone.lua and all in that series, including Lokasenna_Adjust ReaSamplomatic 5000 Pitch Offset - Reset to 0.0 semitones.lua

https://forum.cockos.com/archive/ind.../t-187569.html

i tried to make a version for decay, but couldn't get the math right because i'm not very good. it works, but it's sloppy compared to Lokesenna's. i'd much prefer scripts for +/- 1ms, 10ms, 100ms, and return to 0.

Code:
---- RS5K Pitch Offset values ----

local undo_str = (add or 0.01) .. " semitones"

-- Preliminary support for relative MIDI control
local new_val, fn, sID, cID, mode, res, val = reaper.get_action_context()

local frac =  0.000000625002384186
local add = (add or 0.01) * 100 * frac * ((mode > 0 and val ~= 0) and (math.abs(val) / val) or 1)
local param = 24               -- RS5K's attack Offset parameter

local retval, tracknumberOut, itemnumberOut, fxnumberOut = reaper.GetFocusedFX()

-- Adjust for the track given by GetFocusedFX being zero-based
local track = reaper.GetTrack( 0, tracknumberOut - 1 )

if not retval or retval == 0 then
  
  return 0 
  
elseif retval == 1 then

  local val, minvalOut, maxvalOut = reaper.TrackFX_GetParam( track, fxnumberOut, param )
  reaper.TrackFX_SetParam( track, fxnumberOut, param, val + add )

elseif retval == 2 then

  local takenumberOut, fxnumberOut = fxnumberOut & 0xFFFF, fxnumberOut >> 16
  local item = reaper.GetTrackMediaItem( track, itemnumberOut )

  if not item then return 0 end

  local take = reaper.GetMediaItemTake( item, takenumberOut )
  
  if not take then return 0 end
  
  local val, minvalOut, maxvalOut = reaper.TakeFX_GetParam( take, fxnumberOut, param )
  reaper.TakeFX_SetParam( take, fxnumberOut, param, val + add )
    
end

reaper.Undo_EndBlock("Adjust ReaSamplomatic 5000 Pitch Offset: "..undo_str, -1)
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing

Last edited by mccrabney; 07-11-2018 at 01:53 PM.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #67
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Pitch increments are linear, that stuff is easily done (only needs a few lines of code for support RS5K manager rules). Complex thing is exactly about non-linear parameters of time or amp. There is no common rules and increments math is up to developer. Note, not only parameters isnon-linear, but also internal values, which say me to simply take an experience with different increments mapping curves without reverse engineering.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #68
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

i see, so, for example, attack has a range of 0-2000ms, and it's not linear in the way it is expressed in Lokasenna's script?

this also helps me understand how and why the global adsr knobs behave the way they do in your script, i think.

this deserves a FR to devs for a way to change rs5k values linearly, eh?

thank you for taking the time to explain this btw
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #69
Bri1
Human being with feelings
 
Bri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: England
Posts: 2,082
Default

mpl is a talented+wiser user,but as with a lot of examples,kinda seems to be floggin a dead horse in a sense that rs5k is krusty and in need of some tlc for some time.. eh?
it's a epic desire to make a useful,powerfull sampler by scripting though,which seems highly illogical >here<

shortcircuit as a vst sampler is illogically outmatched in fairness even considering that devices limitations also <it is> pretty great as suggested though,fair point.
hats off for all of mpl scripts,as he can obviously expand reaper in lots of ways than the devs are making as native solutions,currently. bravo! but!
with good reaspect for mpl,this 'manager' may not be what a simplifying user would want to be looking at___>? =3rd party user boosting native plug performances.?.hmm aghh.
who knows,maybe mpl will #defect and not upkeep code,which may dissappoint some in the near futures.. #shrugz


well done+allways a1 for efforts mpl-topman dem. =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #70
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
this deserves a FR to devs for a way to change rs5k values linearly, eh?
I saw somewhere request related to proper adsr learn mapping, but I doubt it will happen.

Again (just in case), you don't need to change actual values linearly. Attack 1->10ms vs 1437->1447ms or sustain -43db->-42db Vs -1.2db->-0.2db is HUGE difference, even increments are same (but in this examples internal values from 0 to 1 are also not same).
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #71
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

^ got it. thanks. i'm going to make the FR and cross my fingers. here's the FR (and in my sig). https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....79#post2010279

as far as using other options goes, there is no other non-hardware-integrated VSTi sampler that i'm aware of that would let us use shortcuts to increment/decrement parameters. it's all absolute cc control that fails to be useful given the nonlinear importance of, for instance, attack.

Lokesenna's +1, -1 RS5K pitch offset script is an example of how good that can be. i'm manipulating my samples' pitches directly from the controller. no more tuning kick drums by typing in pitch values or ctrl mousedragging knobs while trying to tap the kick pad with my third hand.

incremental param adjustments are the way to make a vsti oneshot sampler more tactile and hardware-esque, bringing back the best parts of the MPC series while leaving its technical limitations behind.
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:37 AM   #72
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
as far as using other options goes, there is no other non-hardware-integrated VSTi sampler that i'm aware of that would let us use shortcuts to increment/decrement parameters. it's all absolute cc control that fails to be useful given the nonlinear importance of, for instance, attack.

Lokesenna's +1, -1 RS5K pitch offset script is an example of how good that can be. i'm manipulating my samples' pitches directly from the controller. no more tuning kick drums by typing in pitch values or ctrl mousedragging knobs while trying to tap the kick pad with my third hand.

incremental param adjustments are the way to make a vsti oneshot sampler more tactile and hardware-esque, bringing back the best parts of the MPC series while leaving its technical limitations behind.
Did you try:
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge item pitch down
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge item pitch down (resampled) A
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge item pitch down (resampled) B
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge item pitch down B

Plus, a few more for loop lengths.
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge section loop length longer
Xenakios/SWS: Nudge section loop start earlier

Just check all 'nudge' variants in action list.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #73
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

thanks for the suggestions, but i'm looking for a way to bulk change RS5K params, not item params
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #74
Ozman
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
Default

Hi, mpl.
I hope this wouldn't be a problem but could you maybe update the
"mpl_List next and previous sample in directory" scripts so that they work with RS5K manager?
These are the aspects that I think would work well with how RS5K does things:

1) If RS5K is active, it checks for the selected pad, then targets the corresponding RS5K instance for the list
changes. Maybe, it does the default (first instance) if there's no RS5K manager being used or something.

2) The pad name (FX instance, and midi note) be updated the when new sample is selected, if there isn't a custom name being used.

3) If possible, sample list changes be reflected in the undo history.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #75
Ozman
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
Default

mpl, can I make one more request?

Can an option be made available that by default a new pad goes to it's own track and also have the option of that track having a chosen fx chain with it?

The reason: So that I can have default (disabled) drum shaping tools (e.g. distortion) ready for each drum.





- tal dac

Last edited by Ozman; 07-21-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:54 PM   #76
typedef
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: In the Jungle
Posts: 7
Default

Awesome script, many thanks
typedef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:27 AM   #77
mccrabney
Human being with feelings
 
mccrabney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hayte Village, Alabama
Posts: 1,672
Default

mccrabney's new issue reports and FRs (RS5k manager version 1.65)

issue: doubleclick to float RS5K instance doesn't seem to work anymore.

issue: "rename linked midi note" doesn't seem to work anymore. v



FR/ui issue: the filename of samples created by "export to RS5K instance" remain a problem. all i ever see is "glued." can "export to RS5K instance" also rename the samples? (with dialog: "set base pitch __, set base filename ___")

^ if this is impossible, can we hide filenames? i don't need to see them at all since they all appears the same ("glued_n")

FR: if "toggle pin selected track as a parent track" is ON, give some visual representation to indicate this.

FR: possible? color RS5K manager by parent track color

FR: eliminate this dialog.



FR: create action for "create midi send routing for this FX" so we don't have to click the tiny UI "FX" button

FR: option: "create midi send routing for all instances by default"
__________________
FR: select MIDI recorded in most recent engagement of record/overdub.
check out MPL's amazing RS5K manager
read an important discussion on track MIDI editing
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:30 AM   #78
dazastah
Human being with feelings
 
dazastah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 95
Default

PRobably not a bug, but when hitting next and prev sample in the manager, it will also select the reaper peaks files that are created when previewing in media explorer.. Is it possible to skip those mpl ?
dazastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #79
Ozman
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazastah View Post
PRobably not a bug, but when hitting next and prev sample in the manager, it will also select the reaper peaks files that are created when previewing in media explorer.. Is it possible to skip those mpl ?
Is that a problem?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:44 AM   #80
dazastah
Human being with feelings
 
dazastah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 95
Default

Not really a problem, more of a nuisance.
dazastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.