Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
RKHaas
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper no longer imports MP4 audio

I have been dropping MP4s on Reaper for years with no problems. Now I either get no audio after the peaks are made or 1 second of audio ending is a 1/4 second loud buzz/tone then no audio for the rest of the file. The file is created to the right length, the video play properly, a peaks file is made BUT no audio.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
frog_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKHaas View Post
I have been dropping MP4s on Reaper for years with no problems. Now I either get no audio after the peaks are made or 1 second of audio ending is a 1/4 second loud buzz/tone then no audio for the rest of the file. The file is created to the right length, the video play properly, a peaks file is made BUT no audio.

Thanks,
Richard
Funny, I just tried that for the first time the other day and it didn't work for me either. Might want to confirm it by trying a 'last known good' mp4 you have used previously?

Just tried it again and it worked. Might want to check that mp4. Might be some filesize limitation or something? Maybe from a copy-protected disc?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
RKHaas

Default No Video Audio at all

Since paying for and installing 4.02 I can not import ANY video audio. Video comes in peaks file is created but flat line audio track is created. It just can't be all that hard to pinpoint the corrupted file or what ever and let me know how to fix it...

Richard
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Fran Guidry

What OS?

Have you loaded the late ffmpeg dlls? http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ighlight=video

Fran
Fran Guidry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
RKHaas

Yes I have, hoping this would solve this problem but no. I have tried all the different video formats I have and the same thing with all of them, It's not just mp4's.

Richard
Old 10-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
RKHaas

Default work around

Used CyberLink Power Director to convert an MP4 into an AVI and THAT went in with the sound. Reaper 4.02 seems to be extraordinarily kludgy trying to show the video image (just hangs after the first few updated images) but at least the sound's finally in to work on.
Reaper 3.5 worked great on videos! Best, glitchless player I had...oh well.