Old 06-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #1
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings

Default Transport control - fwd rew 1 bar

So I'm trying to set up an action to move the play cursor forward to the beginning of the next bar or backwards to the beginning of the current bar whilst playing.

I've got this working in the main window and the inline midi editor by using "move edit cursor to start of current measure" and "move edit cursor to start of next measure".

However in the midi editor, this doesn't work. The behaviour is different i.e when playing, nothing happens at all.

I can make it work with a modifier key but that really slows me down (I'm moving over from 13 years on Cubase and am struggling the break the habit of single key presses for both forward and back one bar :-) )

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
I've got this working in the main window and the inline midi editor by using "move edit cursor to start of current measure" and "move edit cursor to start of next measure".

However in the midi editor, this doesn't work.
Have you already tried assigning the same shortcuts (used in the [Main] section) to these Actions in the [MIDI Editor] section of the Action List?
  • Navigate: Move edit cursor to start of measure
  • Navigate: Move edit cursor to start of next measure

----------------------------

In case a specific Action isn't available in the [MIDI Editor] section and you want to trigger Actions of the [Main] section from inside the MIDI Editor:

One option to try is adding the same shortcuts used in the [Main] section to the Misc: Pass through key to main window Action in the [MIDI Editor Section].
Just as example:
  • [Main]: Move edit cursor to start of current measure -> is currently assigned to 'C'
  • [Main]: Move edit cursor to start of next measure -> is currently assigned to 'N'
  • [MIDI Editor]: Misc: Pass through key to main window Action <- assign both 'C' and 'N' to this Action, as well

----------------------------

Not sure, but I'm guessing that these Actions do the same:

- [MIDI Editor]: Navigate: Move edit cursor to start of measure
- [Main]: Move edit cursor to start of current measure

- [MIDI Editor]: Navigate: Move edit cursor to start of next measure
- [Main]: Move edit cursor to start of next measure

Last edited by solger; 06-04-2020 at 08:04 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #3
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
So I'm trying to set up an action to move the play cursor forward to the beginning of the next bar or backwards to the beginning of the current bar whilst playing.
If you're looking for using a single shortcut for this, try making a (SWS) Cycle Action via 'Extensions > Cycle Action editor':

Old 06-04-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
mozart999uk

Thanks both! The "misc action pass through...." sorted it :-)

thanks for the info on the SWS cycle action. Haven't even looked into those yet.

Just added it to my to do list :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote