Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-27-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
HDY
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer in Windows 10 does not completely maximize & goes behind taskbar (SOLVED)

Reaper 5.40 x64
Windows 10 x64 with Anniversary update.
Geforce GTX 750 @ 1920x1080 resolution, latest drivers.

Minor visual bugs that can get distracting particularly in larger, complex sessions.

In Windows 10 x64 that is set to 1920x1080 resolution (I'm using a Geforce GTX 750 with latest drivers), double clicking on the Mixer Window's top bar or dragging Window to the top of screen expands Mixer Window to full screen as you would expect however it does not completely reach the Right & Bottom edges of the screen. This behaviour did not occur on Windows 7 and may occur on higher resolutions in Windows 10.

Also, The Mixer Window goes behind the taskbar in Windows 10 when maximized - often cutting off track numbers/labels and other buttons/functions (depending on theme).

One work around is to pin the Mixer Window to be always on top however the Mixer is then always on top of other open Windows within Reaper. The other work around is to auto show/hide the taskbar in Windows but can become annoying having to constantly turn this function on and off and not being able to see running programs, audio interface icons in tray, date/time etc.. during Reaper sessions.
HDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Maybe try prefs/general/advanced, "use large window frames", and restart reaper to see if that helps?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
HDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Maybe try prefs/general/advanced, "use large window frames", and restart reaper to see if that helps?
Yes. Enabling this option appears to have solved the problem.

Many thanks.
HDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
playtimer

That is so cool! never crossed my mind to check that option, but it fixed few things that bothered me in my workflow.

Thank you very much, Justin!
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:20 AM   #5
Sound asleep

Bump. Everyone needs to know this, and I think this should probably be the default setting. Not sure what else it does at this point, but not hiding behind the taskbar is definitely very desirable.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
Stella645

I've been working around this with auto hide since buying Reaper last week and missing my taskbar.

It finally bugged me enough to google it and relieved to find such a simple fix here...thanks!
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #7
zosterops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
YES!! Thank you, Justin. I'd been pulling my hair out over this issue since installing Windows 10 last month.
zosterops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #8
sightlessness

This should be a default setting, please make it happen. Thanks. Or make this a sticky? Is there a reason we don't know this isn't a default setting? I worked
for days with the task bar moved to the right... very annoying, lol.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #9
mawi

I also had this problem with Win 7, this should really be changed by default.
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
daxliniere

Step right up! Come one, come all to see The Amazing Shrinking Window!
That's right, ladies and gents, it shrinks at the mere hover - not even a click is required!

Window 8.1 multi-monitor setup, "use large window frames" enabled.

daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 AM   #11
YuriOl

I have suffered for so long without knowing about this function!)
Thank you very much, Justin!
YuriOl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:18 AM   #12
jimmydeluxe

I wish this option was on mac
Old 07-19-2023, 11:50 AM   #13
GrizzlyAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
Bump. Everyone needs to know this, and I think this should probably be the default setting. Not sure what else it does at this point, but not hiding behind the taskbar is definitely very desirable.
+1 I came here to post this as a "bug" but found this in a search before posting. Never knew about this setting and agree this should probably be a default. It definitely resolved the issue, without a Reaper restart!
GrizzlyAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:45 PM   #14
GrizzlyAK

I'm going to bump this because I had to come back to it to find the setting again. There is, however, still a problem with some windows in Reaper acting all non-Windows-y. For example, with this option set, when you maximize the Mixer panel, or indeed, grab the bottom edge of a smaller panel and drag it to the bottom of the window, it will maximize that width, top to bottom, just like normal windows in, um, Windows.

However, for some reason, some of the other windows, like the Docker, for example, do NOT do this. If I drag the bottom edge of the floating docker panel to the bottom edge, it not only disappears behind the task bar, but also does not maximize to top either.

Also, even though the Mixer panel, when grabbing the top and moving it all the way to the sides of the screen will cause it to maximize (top to bottom) on half the screen, the Docker panel does not do this. For some reason, some windows do NOT follow standard Windows functionality. I move my Docker windows around quite a bit and this gets pretty tiring to have to manually size it for the screen (of which I have 3).

Would the Devs be able to take a look at this? Windows 10 Pro, Reaper v7.07.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:17 PM   #15
abnegative

GrizzlyAK,

Thanks for the bump. I just experienced this for the first time yesterday (after having recently switched to using the tool window), and then I happened to see this today. For me this happened when maximizing a take FX window.
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 02:24 PM   #16
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyAK View Post
I'm going to bump this because I had to come back to it to find the setting again. There is, however, still a problem with some windows in Reaper acting all non-Windows-y. For example, with this option set, when you maximize the Mixer panel, or indeed, grab the bottom edge of a smaller panel and drag it to the bottom of the window, it will maximize that width, top to bottom, just like normal windows in, um, Windows.

However, for some reason, some of the other windows, like the Docker, for example, do NOT do this. If I drag the bottom edge of the floating docker panel to the bottom edge, it not only disappears behind the task bar, but also does not maximize to top either.

Also, even though the Mixer panel, when grabbing the top and moving it all the way to the sides of the screen will cause it to maximize (top to bottom) on half the screen, the Docker panel does not do this. For some reason, some windows do NOT follow standard Windows functionality. I move my Docker windows around quite a bit and this gets pretty tiring to have to manually size it for the screen (of which I have 3).

Would the Devs be able to take a look at this? Windows 10 Pro, Reaper v7.07.
I might make a quick licecap to demonstrate this behaviour. I think I kind of get it, but it would be easier to see it in action. I'm sure i won't be able to help you, but someone else might be able to.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:11 PM   #17
GrizzlyAK

One other peculiarity I just noticed (v7.07, Windows) is the following: I have three screens. I have video full screen on the left, Arranger on center, and Mixer, Docker, and Monitor windows on the right. I resize Mixer to full height by dragging bottom to bottom of screen and it snaps into position like it should, full height, width maintained. All is good. I minimize the main (Arranger) window which removes all Reaper from the screens (to do other stuff). When I return by maximizing Reaper again, all is well EXCEPT the Mixer window is now reset to the smaller, non-max height that I set it to just prior to minimizing. Seems something is not sticking and getting lost in translation. Perhaps this is part of the same issue.