Old 04-05-2021, 03:57 AM   #1041
theRog
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRog View Post
Anyone had this before?
The second 8-fader controller not showing the track names and metering?

Thanks for any help or advice :-)

Ta,
Roger
Right, I got it working now.
Had to use the "Cubase" profile in SSL360. All the other profiles don't show track names for faders 9-16.
Funny enough in Cubase the upper and lower Displays are reversed...

SSL really should give a generic profile in a future release ;-)

Ta,
Roger
theRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:35 AM   #1042
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Is the FXMenu not global?
It doesn't seem to be.

Quote:
Is it only loading FX from the fx zones in that zone folder to that particular surface?
Yep. It would be useful if you could have the FX menu on a surface that has displays, but have the parameters map to a surface that doesn't.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:53 AM   #1043
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It doesn't seem to be.

Yep. It would be useful if you could have the FX menu on a surface that has displays, but have the parameters map to a surface that doesn't.
Oh Geoff,

This I beg of thee
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:16 AM   #1044
tommoh

Still having a problem with my Icon Qcon Lite and CSI.
It sends out track change (Fader < & > )messages by cycling through midi note changes rather than having a single 'Track up' and 'Track down' message. Is there any way that this variable can be coded into the .MST file so the track will change?

In MIDI-OX the sent data for the controller midi messages sent for 'Fader>' (i.e. Track+1) are

Quote:
TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
00006106 1 2 90 19 7F 1 C# 1 Note On
00006164 1 2 90 19 00 1 C# 1 Note Off
000063C5 1 2 90 1A 7F 1 D 1 Note On
000063F4 1 2 90 1A 00 1 D 1 Note Off
00006674 1 2 90 1B 7F 1 Eb 1 Note On
000066E2 1 2 90 1B 00 1 Eb 1 Note Off
00006933 1 2 90 1C 7F 1 E 1 Note On
000069A1 1 2 90 1C 00 1 E 1 Note Off
00006BC4 1 2 90 1D 7F 1 F 1 Note On
00006C21 1 2 90 1D 00 1 F 1 Note Off
00006E15 1 2 90 1E 7F 1 F# 1 Note On
00006E83 1 2 90 1E 00 1 F# 1 Note Off
000070A6 1 2 90 1F 7F 1 G 1 Note On
00007103 1 2 90 1F 00 1 G 1 Note Off
tommoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #1045
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommoh View Post
It sends out track change (Fader < & > )messages by cycling through midi note changes rather than having a single 'Track up' and 'Track down' message. Is there any way that this variable can be coded into the .MST file so the track will change?

In MIDI-OX the sent data for the controller midi messages sent for 'Fader>' (i.e. Track+1) are
Are there any different operation "modes" on the surface? Like a Mackie mode, or modes for other DAWs? That seems so atypical, and other people use Qcon surfaces without me ever having seen that issue. I'd gotta think there's some way to put the device into a different mode that works with CSI. Otherwise, what DAW is expecting to receive these messages since that's not how MCU works? Just doesn't make sense.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #1046
ezellohar

Quote:
Try pressing and releasing it quickly....on mine the button doesn't stay lit, but the modifier stays active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
yes.. A quick press of the modifier button will lock it on until you press it again
Thank you both! That's awesome!

I have another question, regarding TrackBank.
Let's take the example in the wiki:
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...wiki/TrackBank

What if I'd like to have 1-16, 17-32 and "33-36 with the remaining channel not- functional"? Is it possible to obtain? May seem unpractical, but it's much more easy to remember where I am... at least to me...
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:44 PM   #1047
tommoh

Odd isn't it? It's got a few different modes but all seem to be the same as regards channel changes. The one I'm using is for Logic in Mackie mode. The only mode that seems to send some up/down messages is the 'User Defined' mode which then losses all the other functionality. I'll try reloading the firmware to see if that makes any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Are there any different operation "modes" on the surface? Like a Mackie mode, or modes for other DAWs? That seems so atypical, and other people use Qcon surfaces without me ever having seen that issue. I'd gotta think there's some way to put the device into a different mode that works with CSI. Otherwise, what DAW is expecting to receive these messages since that's not how MCU works? Just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #1048
Funkybot

Quote:

I see what's happening here. Here are the MCU messages for channel select (imagine an 8 fader surface with select buttons on each channel)...

Code:
Widget Select1
	Press 90 18 7f 90 18 00
	FB_TwoState 90 18 7f 90 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select2
	Press 90 19 7f 90 19 00
	FB_TwoState 90 19 7f 90 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select3
	Press 90 1a 7f 90 1a 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1a 7f 90 1a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select4
	Press 90 1b 7f 90 1b 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1b 7f 90 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select5
	Press 90 1c 7f 90 1c 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1c 7f 90 1c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select6
	Press 90 1d 7f 90 1d 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1d 7f 90 1d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select7
	Press 90 1e 7f 90 1e 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1e 7f 90 1e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Select8
	Press 90 1f 7f 90 1f 00
	FB_TwoState 90 1f 7f 90 1f 00
WidgetEnd
...look familiar?

It looks like ICON didn't implement ChannelLeft and ChannelRight buttons from MCU, they implemented Channel Select buttons. So if you're on bank 1, channel 1, pressing the right button transmits this 90 19 7f 90 19 00...which is the same as pressing Select2 on an MCU device.

Let's try this...

1. Copy and paste the quoted code above and add 8 unique Select widgets to your .mst file. Call them Select1, through Select8 like above. We're literally copying and pasting. And comment out any widgets for these messages you may have already created.

2. Now, set your surface up for 8 faders in CSI if not already.

3. Then try adding this in your .zon file using the standard TrackNavigator...

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    Select|                     TrackUniqueSelect
ZoneEnd
...does that fix it?

In fact, you can probably just set the device up as a standard MCU device using that .zon and .mst and I'd expect it would work pretty well right out of the box.

Last edited by Funkybot; 04-05-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:17 AM   #1049
tommoh

YESSSSS! You Star!
Thanks so much for that, I've got it working on the MCU mst/zon so I'll rewrite my script for the ICON Lite (based largely on the existing Icon scripts).
You hit the nail on head with the 8 channel idea, I guess Icon just used the script from their larger 8 fader mixer without considering the lack of available channels.
Quote:

It looks like ICON didn't implement ChannelLeft and ChannelRight buttons from MCU, they implemented Channel Select buttons...
In fact, you can probably just set the device up as a standard MCU device using that .zon and .mst and I'd expect it would work pretty well right out of the box.

Last edited by tommoh; 04-06-2021 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #1050
siniarch

After what it seems like forever, I finally unwrapped my desk yesterday from it's double layered plastic covers which were protecting the equipment during construction. I am fairly close to plugging everything back in and may finally get to update my CSI install and my QCon Pro G2 Zone files for the newest CSI.
I know some had ask for the Zone file, but I wasn't able to update it to the new CSI because of the remodel. Soon, I'll be able to.
Man it's good to see the desk again.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:48 AM   #1051
Inglev

Hi all.
I'm trying my first babysteps in programming my old Console 1 with CSI. My first goal is to make it control Neutron 3, and I've gotten the first few eq parameters to work.

A few questions:
- Is there a way to set a minimum and maximum value of a specific controlled FX parameter in the .zon file? The Neutron 3 EQ goes from -30dB to +15, and with only 7bit knobs on the Console 1 it's not the smoothest gaining up and down. Setting a minimum value of -15dB would make it smoother, and also put the Console 1 indicator in the center when at 0dB.
- The VST3 version of Neutron 3 seems way more laggy than the VST version. Is this a general thing with VST3s?
Inglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:56 AM   #1052
Inglev

Just another small question that popped up: is it possible to put some sort of logarithmic envelope on some parameters? As an example, the release on the neutron compressor goes from 0.1ms to 5000ms, and it would be very helpful to have more resolution on the lower end of the spectrum.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:23 AM   #1053
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglev View Post
Hi all.
I'm trying my first babysteps in programming my old Console 1 with CSI. My first goal is to make it control Neutron 3, and I've gotten the first few eq parameters to work.

A few questions:
- Is there a way to set a minimum and maximum value of a specific controlled FX parameter in the .zon file? The Neutron 3 EQ goes from -30dB to +15, and with only 7bit knobs on the Console 1 it's not the smoothest gaining up and down. Setting a minimum value of -15dB would make it smoother, and also put the Console 1 indicator in the center when at 0dB.
- The VST3 version of Neutron 3 seems way more laggy than the VST version. Is this a general thing with VST3s?
Yes VST3 doesnt play well with CSI. And I also have full zone files for the Neutron 3 mother ship plugin. Maybe it can save you some time.
I will post them for you later tonight when I'm back in studio. I also have files for the individual stand alone Neutron 3 plugins
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #1054
Cragster

Quote:
Hi all.

A few questions:
Check out the CSI wiki (link on the bottom of Geoffs sig) . Theres a section on encoders and step/acceleration values . Theres a part in there about setting min/max values . Maybe that can help.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:51 AM   #1055
Inglev

Quote:
Yes VST3 doesnt play well with CSI. And I also have full zone files for the Neutron 3 mother ship plugin. Maybe it can save you some time.
I will post them for you later tonight when I'm back in studio. I also have files for the individual stand alone Neutron 3 plugins
That sounds awesome. I would appreciate that very much .

Quote:
Check out the CSI wiki (link on the bottom of Geoffs sig) . Theres a section on encoders and step/acceleration values . Theres a part in there about setting min/max values . Maybe that can help.
Will take another look in the wiki, thanks.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:57 PM   #1056
Cragster

Quote:
That sounds awesome. I would appreciate that very much .

Will take another look in the wiki, thanks.
Here goes some neutron 3 zone files. One downfall i must mention is with the Neutron mother ship file. Since there is multiple plugins in one its broken up into subzones and it only works in the 1st FX slot. Its a known bug in CSI .So it needs to be the first plugin in the chain. and youll see in there i have the solo buttons mapped to select the different plugin modules.
These files are setup for an MCU type controller so maybe you can just use them as reference to help in mapping yours.Dont know if they will be any help to you but i hope they at least make it easier for you. And im still tweaking the parameter acceleration on the encoder controls so i dont know how they would work for you.
good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip Neutron3ZoneFiles.zip (12.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-08-2021, 01:09 AM   #1057
Inglev

Quote:
Here goes some neutron 3 zone files. One downfall i must mention is with the Neutron mother ship file. Since there is multiple plugins in one its broken up into subzones and it only works in the 1st FX slot. Its a known bug in CSI .So it needs to be the first plugin in the chain. and youll see in there i have the solo buttons mapped to select the different plugin modules.
These files are setup for an MCU type controller so maybe you can just use them as reference to help in mapping yours.Dont know if they will be any help to you but i hope they at least make it easier for you. And im still tweaking the parameter acceleration on the encoder controls so i dont know how they would work for you.
good luck
Thanks alot for the files. I still can't get the range and acceleration to work properly with my console 1, though. I think it's because the console 1's knobs aren't encoders but 7bit faders.
If I limit the range of the EQ to [ 0.3>1.0 ], it just make the lower portion of the knob turn useless, and it doesn't spread out the reduced frequency range over the entire knob turn. I'm still left with the same resolution.

The acceleration syntax on the attack and release controls seems to do nothing with my console 1.
I know this problem actually stems from poor programming from iZotope - release and attack controls should by default have more resolution in the lower ms ranges, yet they don't (only from the Neutron interface itself).

I guess my question is, can you program parameter acceleration without having faders?
Old 04-08-2021, 06:22 AM   #1058
MixMonkey

Quote:
I guess my question is, can you program parameter acceleration without having faders?
I don't think acceleration has any meaning in relation to absolute value controls (Fader8Bit or Fader14Bit).

It only makes sense for Encoders, which are relative value controls (increment/decrement), as you've already surmised.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #1059
cjewellstudios

Just as an update to a previous problem I was having.

Latching modifiers weren't working very well with TouchOSC but it was because I didn't have "Local Feedback Off" ticked in the touchOSC settings. That's something I was aware of, I had just been forgetting it with the latest iterations of layouts I've been making.

Phew. Glad it was me. Now I just need to find an iPad 4th gen at a decent price
Old 04-09-2021, 04:42 AM   #1060
UNdark

Default MCU SEND ISSUE

Hi
I checked through the thread and used Cragster's mod to zones on a fresh, 26/03/2021 csi v1, clean install. I've made this detailed 2 min vid of the issue in action, if you wouldn't mind viewing and seeing if i'm missing something with automation ? - touch/latch not effecting the mackie,or sonically effecting... but automation still writing to reaper.... Better explained by the vid i think, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmcs514p1n...42021.m4v?dl=0
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:29 AM   #1061
UNdark

Default MCU SEND ISSUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Hi
I checked through the thread and used Cragster's mod to zones on a fresh, 26/03/2021 csi v1, clean install. I've made this detailed 2 min vid of the issue in action, if you wouldn't mind viewing and seeing if i'm missing something with automation ? - touch/latch not effecting the mackie,or sonically effecting... but automation still writing to reaper.... Better explained by the vid i think, thanks.

My conclusion for using automation with MCU just now :

1) SET import send level at o.o db in reaper prefs (set to "trim" on MCU) and create some sends from a track and select it.

2) Hit "send" on mcu

3) Switch to latch/touch/latch preview, to lower/adjust the send/s to -150 or wherever you want them.

I wanted to copy/paste sends at -150, but trim obviously needs to be/remain at 0.0 regardless.
The VU on the MCU doesn't alter with the changing of latch/touch parameters as i had expected,, creating a bit of confusion.

Would this conclusion concur with the CSI fans?
Old 04-09-2021, 07:59 AM   #1062
Cragster

Quote:
My conclusion for using automation with MCU just now :

1) SET import send level at o.o db in reaper prefs (set to "trim" on MCU) and create some sends from a track and select it.

2) Hit "send" on mcu

3) Switch to latch/touch/latch preview, to lower/adjust the send/s to -150 or wherever you want them.

I wanted to copy/paste sends at -150, but trim obviously needs to be/remain at 0.0 regardless.
The VU on the MCU doesn't alter with the changing of latch/touch parameters as i had expected,, creating a bit of confusion.

Would this conclusion concur with the CSI fans?
Is your .mst set up correctly for touch automation ?? Each fader widget should have a touch widget with it in your .mst. that was also one of the changes in automation with CSI V1.0. Just wanted to confirm that as I'm not sure what's going on.
I'm sure some of the other folks here would be better able to help
Old 04-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #1063
UNdark

Default MCU SEND ISSUE

Thanks Cragster and thank for your adaptions.

I checked my mst file - not seeing anything other than two state buttons for the automation buttons... It is the latest csi as far as i know - 26/3/2021..
It does function as is, just need to keep in mind trims at zero before switching to touch/latch or write (write i'm using for latch preview)
i added toggles with custom actions so however many envelopes magnify to full screen and closed.

It's certainly workable - just wasn't sure if that was the standard setup, where the VU doesn't change recording automation info on faders.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:41 AM   #1064
UNdark

Default MCU SEND ISSUE

To confirm - YES - touch info with faders in mst - many thanks
Old 04-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #1065
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hi

I don't see that behaviour here. My sends create/copy at -inf (-150dB) and work normally with Touch or Latch.

It is normal that the level readout on the Mackie display doesn't update when automation is read back, but the fader moves (in Touch or Read)

It seems strange that you would see the automation being written to the envelope on screen yet not hear any difference in the audio.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:21 AM   #1066
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Finally getting around to thinking about this on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning

Also want to include the Page concept "Banks with other checked Pages" -- aka SynchPages -- that functionality will be replaced with virtual widgets/actions.

Propose we add 3 new virtual widgets:

ZoneChange
ZoneChangeReceived
TrackBankChangeReceived

and 4 new Actions:

BroadcastZoneChange
BroadcastTrackBankChange

ChangeToReceivedZone
ChangeToReceivedTrackBank

to be used like so for the senders:

Code:
    ZoneChange                  BroadcastZoneChange

BankLeft                    TrackBank "-8"
    BankLeft                    BroadcastTrackBankChange

BankRight                   TrackBank "8"
    BankRight                   BroadcastTrackBankChange

ChannelLeft                 TrackBank "-1"
    ChannelLeft                 BroadcastTrackBankChange

ChannelRight                TrackBank "1"
    ChannelRight                BroadcastTrackBankChange
and like so for the receivers:

Code:
    ZoneChangeReceived         ChangeToReceivedZone
    TrackBankChangeReceived    ChangeToReceivedTrackBank
Also wondering if perhaps there should be an FXZone flavour of this concept...

Thoughts, suggestions more than welcomed, as usual.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 04-11-2021 at 05:26 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:18 AM   #1067
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Finally getting around to thinking about this on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning

Also want to include the Page concept "Banks with other checked Pages" -- aka SynchPages -- that functionality will be replaced with virtual widgets/actions.

ZoneChange
ZoneChangeReceived
TrackBankChangeReceived

and 4 new Actions:

BroadcastZoneChange
BroadcastTrackBankChange

ChangeToReceivedZone

Code:

Code:

Very excited about this!

I hate replying first. Would we also be able to

Code:
SomeButton     BroadcastZoneChange   “SomeZone”
Where SomeZone was a zone name on another surface.

I have more thoughts but currently pontificating.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #1068
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

ZoneChange
ZoneChangeReceived
TrackBankChangeReceived

and 4 new Actions:

BroadcastZoneChange
BroadcastTrackBankChange

ChangeToReceivedZone

Code:

Code:

Would this be cleaner?

Code:
OnBankChange     BroadcastTrackBankChange
I'm just thinking that avoids requiring four actions when one more global option might do. I also like having "On" in front of the virtual widgets to signify the event. Example: "OnZoneChange" versus just "ZoneChange". Just makes it read more logically "On Zone Change do this."

Also, regarding the BroadcastTrackBankChange actions...are there valid use-cases where users might hit roadblacks with SelectedTrackNavigator where Bank change messages don't work? I simulate banking with SelectedTrackNavigator using the Reaper actions to select previous/next, but I wouldn't be using an FXMenu on that one channel surface either so it may be a moot concern.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #1069
cjewellstudios

How would the FX Menu come into play with the new widgets and actions?
Old 04-12-2021, 08:44 AM   #1070
Geoff Waddington

Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Rethinking the bank portion of the discussion.

Even though Banking and Zone changes have the concept of broadcasting, the context is different.

Banking - broadcast context = "tell other pages about banking"

Zone change -- broadcast context -- "tell other surfaces on this page about the Zone change

So for now let's just leave banking the way it is and do something like this:

Propose we add 2 new virtual widgets:

OnZoneChange
OnZoneChangeReceived

and 2 new Actions:

BroadcastZoneChange
ActivateReceivedZone

to be used like so for the sending surface(s):

Code:
    OnZoneChange                  BroadcastZoneChange
and like so for the receiving surface(s):

Code:
    OnZoneChangeReceived        ActivateReceivedZone
Basically, if you want a surface to be a sender of Zone changes (e.g. where the FX menu is displayed), you add a line to the appropriate Zone(s):
Code:
OnZoneChange BroadcastZoneChange
which in turn calls all other surface's OnZoneChangeReceived virtual widget.

If there is an line defined in an active Zone (probably in "Home" Zone) for a surface,
Code:
OnZoneChangeReceived  ActivateReceivedZone
it gets executed.

This causes a zone of that name to be activated (mapped) on this surface.

Using this construct we can control the senders and receivers independently.

A bit better than before, still open to comments/suggestions
Old 04-12-2021, 09:40 AM   #1071
Funkybot

Hi Geoff, what you're proposing looks good to me. Also, as an FYI - I just created a page for the FXMenu actions. Feel free to edit as needed (I don't actually use it myself so I'm going off how it seems to work based on what I've picked up and see in the MCU.zon):

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...dTrackFXToMenu

Last edited by Funkybot; 04-12-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:37 PM   #1072
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, what you're proposing looks good to me. Also, as an FYI - I just created a page for the FXMenu actions. Feel free to edit as needed (I don't actually use it myself so I'm going off how it seems to work based on what I've picked up and see in the MCU.zon):

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...dTrackFXToMenu
Thanks for the effort, actually I don't use it either, maybe MixMonkey or someone else who uses FXMenu could chime in here to ensure accuracy
Old 04-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #1073
cjewellstudios

I think what's proposed will be useful, really useful actually. But I don't think it covers the use case of having an FXMenu on an OSC tablet that maps plugins to another surface. This is what MixMonkey and I were speaking about a few days ago in the thread.

Unless I'm missing something, that is.

In a similar vein, it sort of covers the use case of:

Have buttons on an OSC tablet that changes zones of other surfaces. I would presumably have to have a bunch of "dummy" zones with the same name in my zone file for the OSC surface. (which is totally fine by me, just making sure I "get it")

For instance, I have a zone for navigating my project on my two twisters, it just goes to a zone that uses all the buttons for navigation purposes. In my OSC zone, I would think I would have to have
Code:
Zone "Navigation"
ZoneEnd
Old 04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #1074
Funkybot

Quote:
I think what's proposed will be useful, really useful actually. But I don't think it covers the use case of having an FXMenu on an OSC tablet that maps plugins to another surface. This is what MixMonkey and I were speaking about a few days ago in the thread.
I read Goeff's proposal as doing just what you're looking for. I could be wrong but my interpretation of it was this...

You have your FXMenu in your OSC surface .zon file. Maybe something like this...

Code:
Zone Home
    OnTrackSelection     MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu  //this updates the FXMenu in the OSC template as soon as you select track
    OnZoneChange         BroadcastZoneChange       //this says that when the zone changes tell any surfaces listening what zone I'm trying to change to
ZoneEnd

Zone "FXMenu"
    FXMenuNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               FXMenuNameDisplay
    SomeOSCButton|                 GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd
So now you select a track, the FXMenu pops up, you now select the virtual "SomeOSCButton|"
to open the FX slot. Then what happens is on surface 2 looks and goes something like this...

Code:
Zone Home
     OnZoneChangeReceived        ActivateReceivedZone     //this listens for the broadcasted changes and follows instructions
ZoneEnd
...which what CSI would do is go "ok, surface 2 you just received a braodcasted zone change. The FXMenu says the user just activated the FX slot for Pro-C by Fabfilter on the selected track. Locate the Pro-C_Fabfilter.zon file and make that the active zone on surface 2."

That would be how I believe they would tie together. You wouldn't need any dummy zones or anything. It would locate the FX.zon files you should already have based the same way FXMenu currently loads them.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #1075
cjewellstudios

Hmmmph.

Yeah I definitely interpreted that differently. I assumed it was only changing zones, not monitoring that zone for activity (pressing a gofxslot for example)

As for the other example I brought up, am I going to be able to GoZone "Navigation" and as long as I have the broadcast receive stuff set up properly, the other surface should move to the Navigation zone?

Technically wouldn't CSI try to put both surfaces in the "Navigation" zone? And since the OSC surface doesnt have that zone, CSI would just ignore it?
Old 04-12-2021, 05:51 PM   #1076
Funkybot

Quote:
Hmmmph.

Yeah I definitely interpreted that differently. I assumed it was only changing zones, not monitoring that zone for activity (pressing a gofxslot for example)

As for the other example I brought up, am I going to be able to GoZone "Navigation" and as long as I have the broadcast receive stuff set up properly, the other surface should move to the Navigation zone?

Technically wouldn't CSI try to put both surfaces in the "Navigation" zone? And since the OSC surface doesnt have that zone, CSI would just ignore it?
If your "Navigation" zone exists only on the Twisters, then the OSC surface wouldn't need that zone. Why? Because only the OSC.zon file is broadcasting zone changes, and only the Twisters are listening. So the Twisters can still act independently and have different zones.

Think of it this way: the idea is that the FXMenu in OSC tells your Twisters to load the "Pro-C" fx.zon on the selected track. The Twisters do that. When you GoZone back home, you've basically broken the mapping and everything's back to where it was.

Is that making sense? I may even be totally wrong about how it's supposed to work, but what I'm picturing makes total sense to me! lol
Old 04-13-2021, 02:40 AM   #1077
drummerboy

Hi!

I‘m in the middle of trying to integrate my SSL Sigma and SSL UF8 into Reaper and having great success so far with CSI. One question I couldn‘t find an answer to is this:
The Sigma Control Plugin has 16 Faders.
Is it possible to Bank the FX-Controls so that
Bank 1: UF8 Faders 1-8 = Sigma Faders 1-8
Bank 2: UF8 Faders 1-8 = Sigma Faders 9-16?

Best,
Frank
drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:36 AM   #1078
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hmmmph.

When it comes down to it, GoFxSlot is actually GoZone in disguise

It says "for this track, activate whatever FX Zone is located at this slot".
Old 04-13-2021, 04:37 AM   #1079
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
If your "Navigation" zone exists only on the Twisters, then the OSC surface wouldn't need that zone. Why? Because only the OSC.zon file is broadcasting zone changes, and only the Twisters are listening. So the Twisters can still act independently and have different zones.

Think of it this way: the idea is that the FXMenu in OSC tells your Twisters to load the "Pro-C" fx.zon on the selected track. The Twisters do that. When you GoZone back home, you've basically broken the mapping and everything's back to where it was.

Is that making sense? I may even be totally wrong about how it's supposed to work, but what I'm picturing makes total sense to me! lol
Yup, you got it !
Old 04-13-2021, 05:29 AM   #1080
Cragster

Quote:
I read Goeff's proposal as doing just what you're looking for. I could be wrong but my interpretation of it was this...

You have your FXMenu in your OSC surface .zon file. Maybe something like this...

Code:
Zone Home
    OnTrackSelection     MapSelectedTrackFXToMenu  //this updates the FXMenu in the OSC template as soon as you select track
    OnZoneChange         BroadcastZoneChange       //this says that when the zone changes tell any surfaces listening what zone I'm trying to change to
ZoneEnd

Zone "FXMenu"
    FXMenuNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               FXMenuNameDisplay
    SomeOSCButton|                 GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd
So now you select a track, the FXMenu pops up, you now select the virtual "SomeOSCButton|"
to open the FX slot. Then what happens is on surface 2 looks and goes something like this...

Code:
Zone Home
     OnZoneChangeReceived        ActivateReceivedZone     //this listens for the broadcasted changes and follows instructions
ZoneEnd
...which what CSI would do is go "ok, surface 2 you just received a braodcasted zone change. The FXMenu says the user just activated the FX slot for Pro-C by Fabfilter on the selected track. Locate the Pro-C_Fabfilter.zon file and make that the active zone on surface 2."

That would be how I believe they would tie together. You wouldn't need any dummy zones or anything. It would locate the FX.zon files you should already have based the same way FXMenu currently loads them.
Thanks for this. I was struggling to understand all this until your explanation in this post. Think I got it now. Sounds really cool.
Will the TrackBank still be involved in this ? Was hoping that could help with the TrackBank/Pages issue I was having. I've been sticking with an older build as all is good on that. It's the latest build I've started having the banking issues. The mirror surface build to be exact.
But this new concept sounds great !!!