Old 12-04-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
morgon
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI/Audio import question

Hello. I've got a 120 bpm track which playrate has been altered to x 1.0600. I rendered that and imported it to another project where I then added a MIDI keyboard track and a gtr audio track.

This second project is set at 120 bpm also but of course the audio track that I imported into this second project file doesn't fit that 120 bpm grid bc it was rendered at the faster playrate.

I've since added these two new tracks [I didn't require the grid] so it's too late to go back and render from the first project file at x 1.0000 for the sake of simplicity.

Now I want to import these two tracks to the first project file but am a bit unsure of the best way to go about achieving a perfect sync.

Thanks for any help, cheers
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
Hello. I've got a 120 bpm track which playrate has been altered to x 1.0600. I rendered that and imported it to another project where I then added a MIDI keyboard track and a gtr audio track.

This second project is set at 120 bpm also but of course the audio track that I imported into this second project file doesn't fit that 120 bpm grid bc it was rendered at the faster playrate.

I've since added these two new tracks [I didn't require the grid] so it's too late to go back and render from the first project file at x 1.0000 for the sake of simplicity.

Now I want to import these two tracks to the first project file but am a bit unsure of the best way to go about achieving a perfect sync.

Thanks for any help, cheers
Hi Morgon, I assume the imported tracks are playing faster?

You could try slow down the imported individual items in their "Item Properties". Probably make it .940000, that
might slow it down to the 120 BPM.

Heh heh, I've never tried that but it might work. Let me know how it works.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
morgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Morgon, I assume the imported tracks are playing faster?

You could try slow down the imported individual items in their "Item Properties". Probably make it .940000, that
might slow it down to the 120 BPM.

Heh heh, I've never tried that but it might work. Let me know how it works.
Sorry Tod that I'm so long getting back. I've been away awhile and don't have access to the DAW atm. I had tried exporting at .940000 but might well have not had settings right. I'll run that item method when I get back in a couple of days and post the results, cheers.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #4
Alistair S

Shouldn't that be .943369? (100/106)?

Worth a try!
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:13 AM   #5
morgon

I bailed on the adjusted item playrate in favour of rendering the original project and importing to the keyboard track. Honour necessity, honour sufficiency as they say