Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 AM   #8
goldenarpharazon
Human being with feelings

Default XamiKami's modification question

Quote:
Originally Posted by XamiKami
As i don't really need the master Fader controlled ( should really always be at 0db),
i'd like to use it as a generic control, like the knobs. is that possible? if yes, what do i have to do to get it to be like that?
For using the master fader, modify this piece of code from the Amethyst release:-

Code:
    tmsg2 == master ?    
        oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_softaction, tmsg3/127, 12); // master track volume - action for soft takeover
    );
The oscsend() call here can be changed to do whatever is wished using the slider's position (which is stored in tmsg3 and is converted in the call from integer to a real number between 0 and 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XamiKami
in Instrument mode I'd like to use one of the buttons ( like the 8th RecArm Button) to fire a custom action that bypasses the focused Effect. How do i do that? I tried replacing the standart line in the oscii-txt
( oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, device_track_select, 8); oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, device_fxparam_bank_select );
to
(oscsend(OSC_to_REAPER, reaper_action, _RS5bf653642222c500b0f33ad11ab015810a766f96);

as that is the action ID, but it doesnt work.
That's the correct piece of code to modify. But with the custom ID one is not using an integer number : rather it will be a string
One probably needs to use s/action/str as well and create additionally (say)
Code:
reaper_action_id = "s/action/str";  // ACTION as a custom ID string
in the header code of MidiMixControl.txt

Read the two forum posts
on action & custom IDs here
and here
which should help.

When testing, the OSCII-bot GUI window will show the OSC data being sent to Reaper as a diagnostic aid for what happens in the Control Surface and what actually happens at the Reaper end.

Last edited by goldenarpharazon; 09-05-2017 at 08:38 AM.
goldenarpharazon is offline   Reply With Quote