Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
mpl
Human being with feelings

Default MPL ReaSamplomatic5000 manager

RS5k manager is a lua script for REAPER.
It provides manipulating samples sitting in the ReaSamplomatic5000 instances on currently selected track. It allows you to use it as basic drum sampler.

Features:
  • allow to dragndrop samples from Explorer/Finder or MediaExplorer (note: track must be selected)
  • changable key names
  • changable layouts
  • action for importing loop cropped by Dynamic split (obey source start/end)
  • dockable (requre clicking anywhere once to update graphics on changing dock state)
  • layering mode: keep multiple samples attached to one key
  • mute/solo keys
  • mute/solo layers
  • FX chain per key/layer (on need script creating additional track with MIDI send from selected track, then tracking MIDI send dependencies from current selected track)

Download/Install: ReaPack, search Action List for mpl_RS5k manager (background).lua
Requirements:
  • REAPER 5.91+
  • SWS 2.9.7+
  • ReaPack 1.2.1+
  • if you install package manually OR you have [Action List/ReaPack: Manage repositories/Options/Install new packages] unchecked, you must also pick for install MPL_Scripts/Functions/Various_functions.lua

Telegram channel for MPL scripts: http://t.me/joinchat/Er2FHUhlTsH43JzhLeYvNg

Last edited by mpl; 06-16-2018 at 08:46 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
mccrabney

HELL yes. i've been looking for this post. thank you so much and i'm sorry in advance for the number of feature requests i'm going to send you.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 AM   #3
mccrabney

"open forum thread" results in nil value
Old 06-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #4
mpl

Thanks, fixed for next version.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #5
mccrabney

this is fantastic looking already. the below image is exactly what i was hoping for.

* but - could we get as many params as possible on that little row? such as: obey note off, loop, xfade, loop start offset, and noteoff release override/ms

* mouse swipes of these knobs are very very slow to move, as if CTRL was being held for higher accuracy.

* could we have a modifier to apply a change to ALL instances? global param controls. i remember in an older instance of your manager, you had "common controls" -- i don't see it here yet. this is the bit that i've been searching for for years now. my goal is to use your "Export selected items to RS5k instances on sel track" script to slice a loop into 64 equal sized pieces and then MIDI control the pitch, adsr, loop start/end, etc for all instances at the same time. ie, turn 1 knob, and all of the attack increases, etc.

* could we get a version of the ableton push 8x8 layout that starts at note 0 rather than note 48? my 8x8 grid starts at note 0 and i'd rather not transpose in every instance.

* right now, to select the different pads, you have to mouseclick the UI of RS5k manager. is it possible to have midi select the pads as well?

THANK you for your work here. i will be donating for sure. this has greatly increased RS5k's usefulness as a sampler.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:06 AM   #6
mccrabney

* for "export selected items to RS5k instances on sel track" is there any way we can specify the filename while specifying "Set base pitch?" my reason here is that the "glued" portion of the filename muddies up your manager's filename display.

if i'm chopping drums, i'd rather have the ability to set base pitch: 0 thru X and filename drums01 thru drumsXX rather than "Afrique - House Of Rising Funk (part1)-glued-01"
Old 06-17-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
lowellben

Once again, users and their amazing scripts fill in the gaping holes of this great DAW thank you MPL
Old 06-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #8
vitalker

Clicking M button and scrolling wheel crash RS5K manager.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #9
mpl

Quote:
could we get a version of the ableton push 8x8 layout that starts at note 0 rather than note 48? my 8x8 grid starts at note 0 and i'd rather not transpose in every instance.
+/- buttons on right side change octave offset

Quote:
right now, to select the different pads, you have to mouseclick the UI of RS5k manager. is it possible to have midi select the pads as well?
There is no way to track incoming MIDI messages unfortunately.

Thanks for other FRs, I`ll take a look what can I do there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Clicking M button and scrolling wheel crash RS5K manager.
Also, I guess a doubleclick produce same error. Thanks, fixing.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #10
vitalker

@mpl thank you! Any chance to make Visual octave shift: 0oct by default? For not it is 3 by default and is a bit confusing.
Is there any way to clear pads? I wasn't able to do this.
What "Export selected items to RS5k instances" used for?

Last edited by vitalker; 06-17-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
mccrabney

yeah i found the + and -, but agree with vitalker that a user defined start point would be useful. or just start at 0 and force our own default haha
Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #12
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
yeah i found the + and -, but agree with vitalker that a user defined start point would be useful. or just start at 0 and force our own default haha
RS5k manager with Sower are fcking cool!
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2001934
Old 06-17-2018, 08:18 AM   #13
mccrabney

yeah! nice timing on that, huh? i bought sower a couple years ago but never used it, so i'm glad to see it pop back on the radar.

my vocalist/partner is not very computer friendly but she needs a better drum creation system for her personal music projects...i'm hoping to curate a small selection of really good drumsounds and give her these 2 clever user-created scripts for an easy drum editor.

btw, i have it on good authority that another awesome user-created script is on its way.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #14
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
yeah! nice timing on that, huh? i bought sower a couple years ago but never used it, so i'm glad to see it pop back on the radar.
It was updated to version 2.0.
By the way, Michael wants to create his own pattern manager, so it will be much powerful. For now Sower lacks some key features for drum editing. Let's wait for Michael's script.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #15
mpl

Quote:
@mpl thank you! Any chance to make Visual octave shift: 0oct by default? For not it is 3 by default and is a bit confusing.
Visual octave shift and +- octave shift are global settings (it works for any project).

Quote:
Is there any way to clear pads? I wasn't able to do this.
For now you can simple remove rs5k instances or external tracks.

Quote:
What "Export selected items to RS5k instances" used for?
Script mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances.lua without gluing takes, it used only source as a sample for RS5k instances with loop start and loop end.

Last edited by mpl; 06-17-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:50 AM   #16
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Visual octave shift and +- octave shift are global settings (if works for any project)...
Thank you for all the responces!
Old 06-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #17
JohnnyMusic

Default randomly play a sample

Hello MPL,
Can this manager allow multiple samples be assigned to one key and then randomly choose one of the samples each time the note is played instead of layering them?
I would like to use this to trigger a set of 4 or 5 slightly different snare samples, for example. If it cannot, can you suggest a simple way of doing this with Reasamplomatic 5000?
Thank you so much!
John

Last edited by JohnnyMusic; 06-17-2018 at 09:01 AM.
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #18
Stevie

Hay MPL, amazing work!! Is it possible to have some kind of delay control in here?
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #19
mpl

Quote:
By the way, Michael wants to create his own pattern manager
Technically the code is almost ready to go, most functions were ported from RS5k manager and PatternRack scripts. It just need time to build a proper GUI.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #20
mpl

Quote:
Can this manager allow multiple samples be assigned to one key and then randomly choose one of the samples each time the note is played instead of layering them?
I don`t think it is a request to my script. But you can put multiple samples in the RS5k list, then randomize velocity for that specific sample/note.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:45 AM   #21
Vagelis

Awesome!!!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:26 AM   #22
winbe

Hey, as I wrote on the youtube video made by Jon, I totally love what you did!

I was using Poise... then even though Poise is exactly the tool I need, it crashes from time to time, and I realized after reading this in a forum that samples are not played back totally accurately, there is some high end roll off...

So trying to use RS5K... and thanks to your manager, this is exactly what I needed.
I just needed the "obey note off" thing, but I can open the corresponding R5K instance, no big deal.

I am also totally amazed at how well your manager works even when using folders...

Thanks !
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #23
InfiniteDimensionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
RS5k manager is a lua script for REAPER.
It provides manipulating samples sitting in the ReaSamplomatic5000 instances on currently selected track. It allows you to use it as basic drum sampler.

Features:
  • allow to dragndrop samples from Explorer/Finder or MediaExplorer (note: track must be selected)
  • changable key names
  • changable layouts
  • action for importing loop cropped by Dynamic split (obey source start/end)
  • dockable (requre clicking anywhere once to update graphics on changing dock state)
  • layering mode: keep multiple samples attached to one key
  • mute/solo keys
  • mute/solo layers
  • FX chain per key/layer (on need script creating additional track with MIDI send from selected track, then tracking MIDI send dependencies from current selected track)

Download/Install: ReaPack, search Action List for mpl_RS5k manager (background).lua
Requirements:
  • REAPER 5.91+
  • SWS 2.9.7+
  • ReaPack 1.2.1+
  • if you install package manually OR you have [Action List/ReaPack: Manage repositories/Options/Install new packages] unchecked, you must also pick for install MPL_Scripts/Functions/Various_functions.lua

Telegram channel for MPL scripts: http://t.me/joinchat/Er2FHUhlTsH43JzhLeYvNg
Could you add a feature to increment the midi channel when one adds(such as adding by source) more than 127 items?

I believe the rs5k vst's are independent(so it won't effect others) and I'd like to have many more items to use. Should be a very easy feature and can be made to be optional
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #24
_jon

Hi MPL,

Is there any way to change the main theme colors?

Thanks for all your work
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #25
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jon View Post
Is there any way to change the main theme colors?
I'm pretty bad at building nice customizable GUI, colors are hardcoded here. But colors of waveform and keys coming from related track color.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:27 AM   #26
winbe

Where is the "donate" button?
=> oops ok, it is in your signature!!

So I'll donate for MPL R5K Manager.
I used to use Poise, but started to behave badly in recent versions of Reaper, tried Battery 4, too slow, too heavy.
Now I exclusively use MPL R5K manager, and love it, and recommend it to everyone!!

Donation just sent! (frozenjazz)
Old 01-17-2022, 08:45 AM   #27
Klinge

Hello!
I have a small problem with the installation. I want to install the script manually without ReaPack.
I downloaded the "Mpl_RS5K manager (background).lua" and copied it into the Reaper Script folder and pasted it over the action list and added it to the tool list.
When I open it, I get the error "mpl_RS5k manager (background).lua:7:unexpected symbol near '<' ".
It worked fine with the MPL slicer....
Do I need any other additional scripts for the manager or what could be the problem?

I put this Script in the Reaper Script folder too, same problem "MPL_Scripts/Functions/Various_functions.lua"

Greetings Marc

Last edited by Klinge; 01-17-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Klinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:33 PM   #28
mb945

Does this have MIDI learn or can this be added?
I will be using it with a hardware MIDI drum pad mostly and would like to have a grid size of my choice (usually probably 4x4) that is not linked to any MIDI notes to start with (or perhaps all the same note that is negative several octaves so it's not playable) and then I will do a quick MIDI learn to assign the note to the pad in the script. Currently it looks like I will need to open the RS5k window each time and when I do the pad will change position because of the note. I would like an option for the pad position to be static and not tied to MIDI note. Please let me know if this is already possible or if I can be added? Would be happy to donate a bit for it. Thank you!
mb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #29
jcfitn

Maybe could be interesting an option to rename (and trigger) others notes/pads. I use to mix different samplers instruments in the same tracks.
+1: drag a FX to a PAD or key to add an FX (even if we need to espicify in the plugin the trigger note or if is it not possible to chage the volume in the mixer, etc).
jcfitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #30
mpl

There was a lot of problems with this script, so I decided to rebuild it from scratch using basic stuff I discovered from Ableton DrumRack.

I pushed 3.0alpha1 to Reapack (you willn`t receive this update if you have disabled Option/Enable pre-release globally). For now only basic functionality is ported:

Of course not everything is easy to port (something not possible, something will require some hacks), but it looks slightly more logical than it was. Anyway, I`ll start from porting Ableton features, than probably add RS5k manager stuff from v2+.

See https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=207971 for further discussion, thanks.

Last edited by mpl; 01-29-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-14-2023, 01:42 PM   #31
D-Reaper

Default Horizontal scrollbar at the bottom

Hi there MPL.
Thanks so much for (yet another) amazing plugin!!

Would like to ask you to consider including a horizontal scrollbar on the bottom, so that if many panels are open it is possible to navigate to them.

Also, is there any way of saving the drum racks once created so that they can be reutilized?

Many thanks.

Last edited by D-Reaper; 04-14-2023 at 02:28 PM.
D-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:01 AM   #32
Modular

I love this script for creating drum racks.

However, is there a simple script that will map the slices of a break on the timeline to multiple RS5K instances in one click?

The workflow I'd like is to slice a sample using dynamic split on the timeline, then select all the slices and 1 click map all slices to RS5K instances on a single track?

Can this be done? Maybe the MPL script can do this and I'm missing something?
Old 11-29-2023, 04:18 AM   #33
Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular View Post
I love this script for creating drum racks.

However, is there a simple script that will map the slices of a break on the timeline to multiple RS5K instances in one click?

The workflow I'd like is to slice a sample using dynamic split on the timeline, then select all the slices and 1 click map all slices to RS5K instances on a single track?

Can this be done? Maybe the MPL script can do this and I'm missing something?
1. mpl has scripts called mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (maybe 4 versions?). They load slices to RS5k instances on a single track.

2. MK Slicer slices a sample and load them into a single container (v7 feature).
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232672

3. Shamless plug, but my ReaDrum Machine script can load slices in arrange into each containers (v7 feature) in a single track and then you can drag/drop your favorite plugins to process them further.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=284566

Each scripts has a different workflow, so use whatever suits you best
Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote